Non-Purged BHO?

Jesser509

Hey guys i think i got my hands on some BHO that isnt totally purged. When i put a lighter to a small dab it sparks like a firecracker. Is there anything I can do at home(ie. no vacuum etc.) to purge it a bit more.

Jesser509,

lookmomnohands

Hey guys i think i got my hands on some BHO that isnt totally purged. When i put a lighter to a small dab it sparks like a firecracker. Is there anything I can do at home(ie. no vacuum etc.) to purge it a bit more.

I would put a pyrex on top of a pot of steaming water for a double boil, then i would place the underpurged oil into the pyrex, graze with ambient heat from torch. no different than any other non-vac purge method. you could also set your toaster oven to 140* and put it in there on a pyrex/dish.

salivape

yes redissolve it in everclear (grain alcohol) and you can then winterize it or you can go straight to letting the alcohol evap out. this frees up the remaining tane

I had heard of this method before but could never find proof. Thanks for the confirmation.

salivape,

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
when I said evap out i should have been more clear, you can let it evap out or you can put it in a double boiler and boil the alcohol out, but do it safely.

vaporonly,

rasmundi

if you don't trust your source, don't buy concentrates! on the other hand, a little butane isn't going to hurt you and the sparking is probably just excess moisture.

rasmundi,

Ricardooayee

I would put a pyrex on top of a pot of steaming water for a double boil, then i would place the underpurged oil into the pyrex, graze with ambient heat from torch. no different than any other non-vac purge method. you could also set your toaster oven to 140* and put it in there on a pyrex/dish.
For how long would you have to do this ? i want to try it too

Ricardooayee,

lookmomnohands

For how long would you have to do this ? i want to try it too

I'm not sure how long it would take exactly but you should stop applying heat once the oil is clear w/ no murkiness/cloudiness. Hold it up to the light to check. Training your eyes is really important for purging.

lookmomnohands,

mda232

I would completely avoid trying to heat purge already done bho, unless you have sufficient experience with heat purging in the first place. Unless you have a scientific hot-plate, chances are nothing in your house will keep an acceptable temperature range. You'll end cooking off a lot of the goodness, trust me. Winterize it, it'll take a couple days and you'll lose a tiny bit of product (but mostly the bad shit anyways).

mda232,

GKritz

I would completely avoid trying to heat purge already done bho, unless you have sufficient experience with heat purging in the first place. Unless you have a scientific hot-plate, chances are nothing in your house will keep an acceptable temperature range. You'll end cooking off a lot of the goodness, trust me. Winterize it, it'll take a couple days and you'll lose a tiny bit of product (but mostly the bad shit anyways).
I'll have to second whats mda says. A few degrees too hot and you start cooking off the terpenes.

GKritz,

salivape

I made some bho at the weekend. It seemed bubbleless before I scraped but when I lit it it did sparked a bit so I winterized. It worked very well to get rid of the tane. As it was dissolving in the iso I could see bubbles floating to the top.

The end product isnt as tasty as the BHO but it's definitely a lot cleaner. Incredibly strong too. I was a bit worried because it took on a peanut butter like texture but after letting it breathe a bit its more like wax. Its also very easy to handle compared to the BHO

salivape,
Top Bottom