• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Night Sweats/Insomnia

vape4life

Banned for life
Well my T-break officially ended last night! I restrained myself to about .3g from 7pm to 11:30pm and felt tremendous after the 3 weeks off. Holy shit did the munchies kick in! Luckily it's all healthy food in my house so snacks were all healthful. The relaxation was tremendous too... I just haven't been myself lately, and my wife has been "noticing" this...I was alot cooler last night lol

The thing that I thought would happen forsure was a solid sleep without sweating. I did sleep great (not really any different from my recent sober sleeps), but still was a bit sweaty. Nothing like during withdrawal, but it was still there (but much improved). Interesting.

vape4life,

chimpybits

Woo-hoo, hello old friend. Congrats vape4life, pat your self on the back, lean back and take pleasure in the herb.

Interesting about your wife's perspective. Of course, I'm curious about her observations on your changes, but that may be too personal, so enough to say that you haven't been quite yourself. When you say cooler, you mean cool as in the Fonz not cool as in aloof, right?

I also found that after my last T-break the high was wonderful - relaxing and euphoric and achieved with so little green.

I expect your night sweats to go away after you get a little more weed into the system - after another session of 2.

As nice as it must be to be off your break, now comes the willpower work. I'm coming off my break sometime this weekend or next week. I'd like to hear how you do getting off the daily grind.

chimpybits,

vape4life

Banned for life
Not too personal at all - i'm always a dickhead going through withdrawal...and my emotions get ahead of me. I've been noticing it with some posts in the Cloud thread, so I just had to stop, because I get quite passionate about how I feel a little excessively sometimes. I swore I would never post on FC while not medicated, but it appears that I just can't do it after protracted breaks. While vaped last night, my perspective changed substantially. Stay sober for too long isn't conducive to my well being, withdrawal or not - life's too short not to be able to kick back and relax. I had 2 beers for the first time since xmas as well, and at one point it just got too much and I think my BP was dropping substantially and I was getting light headed and feeling shitty, so I drank so water and sat down and then was ok. It was the alchohol forsure.

My wife knows i'm way more laid back and relaxed when medicated, truth is though I think I just tolerate her shit a little more. Sober, i'm much more confrontational and always tell her how I feel, which isn't bad, but when vaped I feel like holy shit what and ASS I was lol

It's all good now, didn't sleep much more than normal (whatever THAT is), and I have ZERO desire to vape this morning! So far, I think I have it under control. In the past, i'd have a gram in me by noon! lol And yes, the high was great and I used much less than usual. Love it!

chimpybits

Yeah one can got caught up in the abstinence mind-set to the detriment of one's well-being and happiness. The way some people approach dieting and exercise has this quality too. Lots of fit, but hard, mean looking people I see about me in Van. As you say life is too short and it's good to kick back and relax.

Good that you know that during withdrawal you can be a dic ... bit difficult. I checked out a few of your recent Cloud posts. Certainly, I can see how you had cause to be less than thrilled with your Cloud experience. You bowed out of the thread nicely enough though. Def sounds like a balance can be achieved with moderation.

I went out socializing last night and found myself pretty frustrated and sad afterward. And I knew a few hits would have made it easier and more fun. So, yeah, my emotions can get the better of me too. Don't have a significant other around though to show me if I'm being dickish or not. Being the passive-aggressive type, at least I'm often impressed by those that speak their mind.

Have a good morning with your new, improved self.

chimpybits,

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks Chimpy! You are a pretty smart dude, and can relate to me...I like that. I've been on a major health/diet kick through this 3 weeks as well, so this has compounded things, although I think mostly for the better. What you know about my Cloud experiences is about a 1/4 of the entire storey. I've been in numerous PM conversations with several members here who have been sharing experiences, it's quite overwhelming. They all say that they are scared to post their mind in the thread...that's the difference with me, I speak my mind whether bad OR good. I basically tell it like it is, no sugar coating, and I had to stop posting there because unless you have like a scientific explanation, you can't even post your opinions. I had a member tell me (through PM) that it's weed and vapes - there is no scientific explanations - just our collective anecdotal experiences. So whatever, i'll keep my opinions out of there. Feel free to PM if you'd like to discuss.

I'm not one for socializing at all...at 37 I now have come to accept this. I USED to be a social butterfly in my 20's, and much boozing as well....now, I literally cannot stand people unless there is much in common -- mostly herbs lol It's like there are booze people and herb people....I just don't like the way alcohol changes people...herb much better, but again - i'm pretty reclusive with my wife. She's fucking hot anyway, you know the saying 'if I had that i'd never leave the house?' lol That's me, and I love it.

Enjoy your day bro, i'm gonna be productive in preparation from friday night relaxation...just trying to decide what strain it will be :) Are you licensed? I've been loving the strains i've been getting from MediCannabis in Vancouver, Natural Order in Victoria, and Canadian Safe Cannabis Society in Kamloops.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
What you know about my Cloud experiences is about a 1/4 of the entire storey. I've been in numerous PM conversations with several members here who have been sharing experiences, it's quite overwhelming. They all say that they are scared to post their mind in the thread...that's the difference with me, I speak my mind whether bad OR good. I basically tell it like it is, no sugar coating, and I had to stop posting there because unless you have like a scientific explanation, you can't even post your opinions. I had a member tell me (through PM) that it's weed and vapes - there is no scientific explanations - just our collective anecdotal experiences. So whatever, i'll keep my opinions out of there. Feel free to PM if you'd like to discuss.

This should have been a PM as well. You are publicly implying that we censor scientific opinion out of the thread.

You were banned for a long time because you couldn't control your attacks on certain companies and products. We debated a long time about whether you deserved a second chance, and whether you would be able to behave. Lately you've slipped back into old behaviours. I can tell you that we were already discussing whether you'd burned your last chance before you made this post. Until I saw this, I was not convinced you deserved a true permanent ban. You just lost me.

pakalolo,

vape4life

Banned for life
I'm sorry Pakalolo, I think you misconstrued me. I am not implying at all that you sensor scientific opinion out of the thread, all I said was that some opinions are not welcomed (mine)...and they are just that, my opinions. I realized I had crossed the line when Mom told me not to stir the pot. I did just that, I have no agenda against any companies and I think the Cloud is an incredible product. I just have had some bad experiences and question certain things that are said by the manufacturer. I don't want to step on anyone's toes and do realize I was somewhat harsh and that's why I removed myself from the discussion. I do apologize again, i'm an idiot for posting during T-breaks. Fortunately that changed last night and those old behaviours although scratched the surface again, will NOT resurface. Again, please look at some of the positive content I put out there, specifically in the Solo thread. I just feel like I can't even have an opinion on the Cloud, even if it's honest mature feedback without any intention to slam.

vape4life,

max

Out to lunch
This should have been a PM as well. You are publicly implying that we censor scientific opinion out of the thread.

You were banned for a long time because you couldn't control your attacks on certain companies and products. We debated a long time about whether you deserved a second chance, and whether you would be able to behave. Lately you've slipped back into old behaviours. I can tell you that we were already discussing whether you'd burned your last chance before you made this post. Until I saw this, I was not convinced you deserved a true permanent ban. You just lost me.

In addition-

vape4life said:
unless you have like a scientific explanation, you can't even post your opinions.
Sure you can. You just can't keep bashing, which has been your issue all the way back to your original problem in the Arizer thread. Between repeated offenses on manufacturer bashing and selling in the threads, you collected enough infractions for a permanent ban. Then, after creating multiple accounts in order to get around the ban, even telling us you were doing it just to fuck with us, we still gave into your begging and allowed you to return to your original vape4life account, after you'd assured us that you would 'do anything necessary' (including actually following the rules) in order to regain your active member status. Your recent offensive post in the Cloud thread (and we have your offending post on record- unedited) showed that you hadn't learned from your mistakes and didn't intend to live up to your promise to avoid breaking rules in the future.

You've made it clear that you can't or won't abide by the rules, even after being given a 2nd chance after a permanent ban, so consider your 2nd chance rescinded.

chimpybits

You've made it clear that you can't or won't abide by the rules, even after being given a 2nd chance after a permanent ban, so consider your 2nd chance rescinded.
What! Is vape4life now banned? Say it isn't so. I feel responsible and guilty as I did discuss the Cloud business here and see that I shouldn't have.

Taking into account the fact that I don't know the (Cloud thread) history and can really only offer opinions on the discussion here on this thread, it does seem that vape4life was responding to my mention of his Cloud issues and that he made an effort to end this discussion quickly and move it to pm. Anyway, I feel bad and would miss vape4life's discussion on this thread.
Thanks Chimpy! You are a pretty smart dude, and can relate to me...I like that...
I'm not one for socializing at all...
... i'm pretty reclusive with my wife. She's fucking hot anyway, you know the saying 'if I had that i'd never leave the house?' lol That's me, and I love it.

Enjoy your day bro, i'm gonna be productive in preparation from friday night relaxation...just trying to decide what strain it will be :) Are you licensed? I've been loving the strains i've been getting from MediCannabis in Vancouver, Natural Order in Victoria, and Canadian Safe Cannabis Society in Kamloops.
Aw shucks thanks vape4life for the kind words. Yep I find socializing very hard and typically do so because I feel I should. So, I like best to hang out with a reclusive pot-smoking (yeah smoking not vaping) friend or 2. I've tried to enjoy socializing my whole life (46 years old) and I have to admit defeat sometimes. So be it. I am what I am. You know what, I don't know that saying, but it's a good one. You know what you like and you ... um ... appreciate it.
Funny enough I've lately been looking into the mmj process and there is a medicann around the corner from me. I think once I feel rich enough to spring for a naturopath, I'll try.
Hopefully vape4life you are still a member here, your mood hasn't soured, and you have a sweet (leaf) Friday night.

chimpybits,

max

Out to lunch
We don't normally discuss member issues on the forum, but this member deserves an exception. He's good at both stirring up trouble and making himself look like a 'consumer champion' out to set evil companies straight. He collected enough points to get banned for good and then created quite a few other accounts in order to post, which is a bannable offense in itself, and we still gave him another chance because he valued membership here so much and claimed that he'd learned from his mistakes. He now claims he can't post within the rules unless he's high, yet he's broken the same rules repeatedly, and certainly hasn't been on a T break for 3 years.

No one is responsible for his banning but him. The rules are clear. You get to express your opinion about a company but you can't be offensive and start a bitch fest. He's called two different vape companies liars, and those are pretty much bookend offenses for him, with multiple 'selling in the threads' offenses in between. And creating a 2nd account to get around a ban is about the worst offense you can commit, and he created more of them, over time, than I'd care to number. He can put out some convincing words, but his actions speak louder.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
What! Is vape4life now banned? Say it isn't so. I feel responsible and guilty as I did discuss the Cloud business here and see that I shouldn't have.

Taking into account the fact that I don't know the (Cloud thread) history and can really only offer opinions on the discussion here on this thread, it does seem that vape4life was responding to my mention of his Cloud issues and that he made an effort to end this discussion quickly and move it to pm. Anyway, I feel bad and would miss vape4life's discussion on this thread.

Aw shucks thanks vape4life for the kind words. Yep I find socializing very hard and typically do so because I feel I should. So, I like best to hang out with a reclusive pot-smoking (yeah smoking not vaping) friend or 2. I've tried to enjoy socializing my whole life (46 years old) and I have to admit defeat sometimes. So be it. I am what I am. You know what, I don't know that saying, but it's a good one. You know what you like and you ... um ... appreciate it.
Funny enough I've lately been looking into the mmj process and there is a medicann around the corner from me. I think once I feel rich enough to spring for a naturopath, I'll try.
Hopefully vape4life you are still a member here, your mood hasn't soured, and you have a sweet (leaf) Friday night.

chimpybits, vape4life has been banned and will not get a third chance. Please don't feel guilty. Unfortunately he can't help repeating his mistakes and it was just a matter of time.

Now you should just move on. I read your exchange here and I see why you feel bad, but you've already made comments about a moderating decision and that's not allowed. Please don't make this situation worse than it already is. We don't like this outcome either.

pakalolo,
Reactions: Enchantre

chimpybits

Al
chimpybits, vape4life has been banned and will not get a third chance. Please don't feel guilty. Unfortunately he can't help repeating his mistakes and it was just a matter of time.

Now you should just move on. I read your exchange here and I see why you feel bad, but you've already made comments about a moderating decision and that's not allowed. Please don't make this situation worse than it already is. We don't like this outcome either.
Understood. I do think forum moderation is needed and appreciate the conscientious moderating in these forums. Bye and good luck vape4life.

chimpybits,

royalpar1

Ok, I am new to vaping, i have gone cold turkey off of Ambien for sleep, and started vaping at night before going to bed. i found the vape helped with the withdrawals and helped me go to sleep. I was on Ambien for over a year and found you forget how to go to sleep without it. Are you saying that the pinches of herb i am taking thru the vape is that addictive ? or are you guys on or going off alcohol or other addictive stuff?

royalpar1,
I think it's safe to say that the term "withdrawal" isn't frequently associated with MJ usage, in the way the OP was. It is commonly believed that cannabis is non-addictive. That is not to discount the extreme psychological dependency that many do develop, and the issues that go along with that.

mrboote,

djonkoman

I wake up in a wet/damp bed everyday this time of year... still have the thicker wintercover on my bed, not switched to sheet+blanket yet.

djonkoman,

Fishkybizniz

Sounds like low testosterone or Andropause to me. Starting at age 35 most men experience a gradual decline in testosterone levels, especially with all the xenoestrogens in our environment. I know cannabis really helps mitigate my hot flushes and night sweats, however your "T" level is really important. I would get a simple blood test to see what your free and total "T" levels are.

Are you drinking any alcohol? That is much harder to withdraw from than cannabis.

I hate this stuff, but it is a necessary evil . . .

I think you should see a doctor just to make sure it's not a serious condition. Your body cranking up the heat might be your immune system ringing a warning bell something is terribly wrong. MMJ suppresses the immune system which may explain why you get some relief from it. I too had night sweats along with other symptoms and fatigue. Overall, feeling ill all the time. It took awhile, but doctors finally got the lead they needed on my case. I have a serious problem to deal with, but I won't know the extent of the problem for a couple of weeks. Best case scenario for me is having to have my Thymus gland removed putting the autoimmune disease MG in remission. Worst case scenario I'll be in a battle with cancer. Gift yourself a trip to the doctor because your worth it!

Fishkybizniz,
Reactions: Enchantre

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Saw my ND today... getting an entire hormone panel done, along with micronutrient and lipid panel tests. And, I'm just getting over salmonella. Sigh.

She also thinks my thyroid might be a bit lackluster, though it isn't enlarged or anything (that would indicate a bad problem). We'll find out when the tests come back. Since my night sweats & insomnia have a long history, she agreed that MMJ usage was NOT messing up my system. :)

Weird thing: I've discovered that if I sleep on my LEFT side, I'm fine, and sleep pretty well. If I sleep on my RIGHT, I almost immediately have an episode of sweats & wakefulness. I've been checking this over just two nights so far. I'll keep working on this one, too... Oh, and my ND hooked me up with a Rhubarb Root extract developed for (female) hot flashes.

Enchantre,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I should mention that my doc and I have ceased the Androgel, seems I am "one of those people" that can't tolerate it :rolleyes: I am now using Tongkat-Ali and Myomin to naturally produce and regulate my hormones. We took labs right before I went off the t-gel so we have a scientific baseline for all of this moving forward. It will be interesting to see if my body starts producing and managing its own testosterone again. Withdrawing from the t-gel has been a bitch.

t-dub,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Went back to my ND for my blood/hormone test results.

Of my trifecta (thyroid, sex hormones, and adrenals) 2 of 3 have "issues"... well, actually, the thyroid is a bit off-balance, too, because of the other two.

Progesterone is way, way low. Stress hormones are way, way high. So, I have a prescription for bio-identical progesterone, and several new supplements to help get my stress (cortisol) hormone under control, improve my sleep, and balance all that out. ND is confident that we will see the end of hot flashes very, very soon. :)

Lipid levels are great - my HDL/LDL balance is excellent, according to her. :tup:

Take away: maximize good sleep, practice some meditation, and address the actual deficiencies that I have.

Top Bottom