• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

next generation e-nails?

BoogerMan

I got the 20mm coil from Auber, and it just slips over the bottom of the banger and then you rest the arm of the coil on the little glass shelf thing on the banger. That seems to sit the coil at the bottom of the nails dish :)

pQ6oxGtl.jpg

ldRzHlel.jpg

As for the blatant vortex nail knock off, I am in no way condoning it. But then I wasn't aware either that Pukinbeagle came up with the design. I think I prefer the look banger anyway.

@herbivore21 Apart from the dish being located at the right height, what other advantages does the vortex nail give mate?

Cheers :)
I just snagged one if these bangers with the little hook from cfab. Using it with my Gimido 20mm coil. Works perfect especially because the coil sits at the bottom of the bucket like @GSH said which keeps the button of the bowl nice and hot :) and no worrying about the coil slipping off the banger since the hook is there! I highly recommend it for $35.

Here is a flat top banger (vs the slant top) with hook that fits 16mm coils and it's only $45. Looks even more similar to he PukinBeagle one compared to the slant top one that @GSH and I have.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161608822902

I also got a Quartz vortex style nail on eBay and the dish sits right in the middle of the coil like the CFAB vortex nail. It works amazing, no pooling, and I only paid $45. It has the middle tube that goes through the joint so the claim does not build up on the joint!

I just noticed the seller dropped the price from $45 to $35 :whoa: go snag one before they are gone!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281456352519

Last edited:

BoogerMan

Wish that wasnt a 20mm coil. Thats the only one I dont have.
You have a 16mm coil? What one were you interested in? The banger or vortex? I might be able to find a link for you :D

I think you were talking about the vortex nail?

16mm vortex with 14mm joint from Gimido:
http://www.e-nail.org/Quartz-Nails/Quartz-Domeless-Nail-14mm -Female.html

16mm vortex with 10mm joint (you may be able to contact the seller and see if they have or can get other joint sizes for the 16mm coil)
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281456307375

This one looks interesting too. Fits 16mm.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161608899904

This is a little more pricy but has a build in swing carb cap.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161589816697

They also have the one with built in carb cap swing in 20mm
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161612930669

BoogerMan,
Reactions: Hoops

BoogerMan

CFAB is now stocking custom coils for bangers that should eliminate any pooling issues since they completely surround the bucket:

https://i.instagram.com/p/zTN7WfI8JK/
1vm4YfX.jpg
Yeah I saw those the other day! They look sweet and look like they would work very well. I still definitely recommend getting a banger with the hook because I've had my coil almost slip off my normal banger a few times. 650 F coil slipping off onto your desk = bad news :uhoh: That's why I went and got the one with the hook from CFAB. My normal banger is strictly for travel and torch use now :tup:

Sad thing is that coil won't work with any other style nail which is what I hate.

BoogerMan,
Reactions: Monsoon

420time

I have the HE/Auber knockoff nail also. Gone thru the same issue with carb caps, keep hitting the flat coil and temp goes wonky. I have since switched to the glass essential oil dish that came with the Arizer Solo as my carb cap and have very little temp drop/overshoot(couple degress either way)drop, but obviously not a long term solution and it takes a sec to make a perfect seal(gets harder to do the more medicated I get).

My favorite enail/carb cap setup has always been the Errlectric nail and Vortex carb cap. Perfect mate, no touching the coil, makes great seal for superior low temp dabs. I am not dropping the $$ on the Errlectric coil and nail + Vortex carb cap. BUT, I have found a solution. I borrowed my buddy's Vortex cap and mated it with the "smaller" dish that comes with the Auber Universal nail---Perfect fit!!! It only "rests" on the top of the nail, so you may want to hold the cap by the dabber part so it won't fall off. But when I use it with said friend's Errlectric setup, it fits thier nail the same way. It makes a great seal. but it is rather prone to coming unsettled if not held by the dabber part of the cap.

The cheapest I could find the Errlectic Vortex carb cap was $55 from
http://waxlifebrand.bigcartel.com/product/errlectric-vortexcap
It's normally $60 direct from Errlectric. If anyone can get them cheaper drop a link here.

@420time --Shit or get off the pot!! :p
Pull the trigger already, man. You keep posting links to enails that are almost identical in parts, buy one already.:doh:

Maybe @DieHard can post a pic of his nail and Vortex cap to help me pass the time till my cap arrives lol

lol im really picky since i have to spend a good amount of money just for the enail,glass adapters, new bubbler,ceramic nail and stuff.if i buy it from gimido with the adapters,bubbler,ceramic nail and stuff itll be over $450, if from divine tribe everything total will be under $250. im just trying to save over 2k before i buy it with a buttload of concentrate. then i can just dab away without a care in the world. ;)

420time,

herbivore21

So I finally got my HE carb cap for my Infiniti/sapphire setup. Just finished cleaning and now re-seasoning the nail with some reclaim shatter (it's a thing).

Then the sapphire will come into play again and we will be off to a sizzling start. I am looking forward to being able to hit the sapphire properly with carb :D

EpicNameGuy

Random question for the folks with Auber units (or units in general that accept coils wired in the 5-4-3-2-1 arrangement):

I think Auber's flat coil is standard at 9mm. The nail I really want to heat up has a diameter of 10mm however. I guess that would leave me looking for an 11mm coil.

Does anyone have any clue how I go about looking for a compatible coil to suit my needs?

EpicNameGuy,

farscaper

Random question for the folks with Auber units (or units in general that accept coils wired in the 5-4-3-2-1 arrangement):

I think Auber's flat coil is standard at 9mm. The nail I really want to heat up has a diameter of 10mm however. I guess that would leave me looking for an 11mm coil.

Does anyone have any clue how I go about looking for a compatible coil to suit my needs?
http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-931506815/domelessdeamon/photos/ig-830606393363685475_931506815

EpicNameGuy

Thanks for the link. I have seen and done that and its a bit annoying to do in practice. I appreciate the info anyways, though.

My last unwind left the coil not sitting flush with the bottom of the dish of the nail somehow. I was also weary of over tightening the nut to secure the coil in place and force it flush due to potential for ceramic cracking at temps because of the coil expansion.

It worked ok enough. just hoping for a better solution.

VoltageKeeper

Accessory Maker
haha, this thread....i almost wish I'd seen it before I went crazy and spent tons of money on various enail setups....started with a dnail controller, ended up building my own controllers which I'm hoping to start selling.

i've gone through so many of these "next gen" solutions myself though, it's been crazy.

sapphire disks, quartz banger enailz, ceramic enails, quartz castle style, the standard quartz hole-in-center style, and the genesis nail from happy daddy....not to mention a bunch of quartz carb caps, titanium carb caps, and the whole bit.....

i've also got a 20mm and flat coil right now, but I've got a bunch more coils on the way, well, partly cause I'm selling some, but also cause I still secretly want a 16 so I have a set of each size for myself, haha...I've tried so many different enails now it's not funny...

i started with quartz hole-in-the center, you know, the standard quartz nail, pukinbeagle makes em, china clones em, they're a dime a dozen. Not a fan of this style nail in quartz or ti honestly. I like dunking and I always end up dropping it down the hole and wasting it, haha. they're tolerable I guess, but then I see companies selling "deep dish" versions of things like this and i'm like why? this is not what I want...I want wide-open, not narrow and deep....

I moved onto the quartz bangers from there, and these are really one my favorite enail designs. The heat waste is minimal, since the airflow isn't really going around the coil, and the coil is usually directly around the bowl, plus with a huge dabbing area, it's hard to miss if you're just dropping in dunks. i think overall this is as good as it gets for a quartz nail, there's some room for improvement in terms of claim catching and I've got a friend looking into it for me, we'll see if I ever get my claim catching quartz banger made...

I tried ceramic, the taste was great, but it seemed to leave the most resin stuck on my glass out of any of my nails. I don't know why that is, maybe temperature too low, too high, something, but I just found myself cleaning my rig constantly with ceramic nails. I also found cleaning the nail itself to be slightly more annoying than the other options. Overall, I think I'm over ceramic...I still want to try a flat-coil style ceramic though. I have a 20mm hive....

the quartz castles are just flawed. the bowl/dab area is isolated from the coil like a thermos or something. I mean, I know that's just sort of how you have to make it, but, when you dab off these, the temperature has a tendency to fluctuate, and you end up wanting to run the whole thing a lot hotter to compensate. I did manage to find a quartz pukinbeagle carb cap that fit onto mine just perfectly, and that really did improve the experience, but overall, I'm not impressed. I was considering selling mine...

the sapphire discs are nice I guess...I mean, I don't know if they do anything special. My favorite thing to do was to load it up with a dab on it and drop it onto the nail....if all you had was a infinti then i'd probably want one of these....but i mean, if you have anything that isn't titanium it's probably pointless.

i'm pretty much a fan of the genesis now as my daily driver. I wasn't at first, I even have a friend who hates them, but after using all my various nails on my main rig, you start to see which nails are leaving the most resin on your pieces, and which ones are getting the most out of things.....needless to say, I clean my rig much less and it seems whatever 'reclaim catching' magic the design claims to have has some truth to it, the main flaw with the design is that the temperature difference between the quartz insert and the surrounding titanium is massive, i mean, it's like a burnt dab vs a perfect dab if you miss the quartz, that also means you have to turn the heat up a bit more than you'd expect for a quartz nail, meanwhile if you turn it down so the titanium is cooler, the quartz won't be hot enough anymore, so there's that. I think there's room for improvement. the carb cap also has a tendency to get your dab material stuck to it when you put it on, since it sits so close to the bowl, really, all minor flaws, and at first they drove me away a bit, but, when you use it right....it's been nice....really nice....using the flat coil with mine....never got a chance to try the 20/16mm adapters...

redijedi808

My 710 Whip arrived today and this setup meets my needs perfectly. It's hella convenient to just drop my goodness in the cap and pull when I'm ready. I also love not having to guess when to start dabbing after heating a nail.

I got to test it out a bit but can't wait to really play with it on the weekend. I was pretty ripped after this test run:ko:

VoltageKeeper

Accessory Maker
heh, I noticed domeless.com has got the one in stock without the side slots again....and that cool new carb cap...I did say I wanted to try a flat style ceramic still didn't I?

lol, I just bought one. that video didn't help, heh. I couldn't resist...I gotta try that new carb cap.

I'm a damn enail addict.

PoopMachine

So it looks like I should have a unit from The Terpz guys next week to review for you folks. I had a long talk with one of the owners yesterday and HOLY SHIT they have some amazing stuff coming. They very well could be a game changer.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I don't see anything on their webpage that would make me think they have a "game changer" coming soon. Some rather unappealing accessories, and they don't even have the Ti nail they sell put together properly.

But i will wait to hear your review before coming to any conclusions. But at this point, looks like all the other companies who are trying to jump on the enail bandwagon.

PoopMachine

I don't see anything on their webpage that would make me think they have a "game changer" coming soon. Some rather unappealing accessories, and they don't even have the Ti nail they sell put together properly.

But i will wait to hear your review before coming to any conclusions. But at this point, looks like all the other companies who are trying to jump on the enail bandwagon.

I can certainly see why you would say that. None of the upcoming stuff is even HINTED at on their website and they have something coming that is going to REVOLUTIONIZE dabbing. When it drops, if its everything they say it is, people are gonna be like "Wut??!!"

I havent talked to them since probably November of last year. The owner and I have been missing each other for months. We had a 45 minute conversation yesterday about whats coming and I suspect after the Denver Cup, people are going to be talking about the Terpz guys.

Ill release info as they allow me to but trust me, something big is coming.

matthend

I can certainly see why you would say that. None of the upcoming stuff is even HINTED at on their website and they have something coming that is going to REVOLUTIONIZE dabbing. When it drops, if its everything they say it is, people are gonna be like "Wut??!!"

I havent talked to them since probably November of last year. The owner and I have been missing each other for months. We had a 45 minute conversation yesterday about whats coming and I suspect after the Denver Cup, people are going to be talking about the Terpz guys.

OK, this has cemented the wife and I making our first pilgrimage out for the denver cup!

matthend,

ColoVaper

Science...Whoo!
Now I'm going have to go back to the cup....that place is too intense for me the first year I just hid out in the medical area vaping my Cera. So many people....lol

My second Gimido just landed in Ohio! I got one then had to get another for downstairs.

Last edited:
ColoVaper,
Reactions: Jared

farscaper

well I received my domeless.com all ceramic enail today. it was very easy to set up. got it up to temp, got a couple nice dabs off it with the dab cap aaaaaand...

the wires fell off... I dont know why, no stress was on the cable as it was secured to the rig with the bungie.... so today was amazing.... and then desperately bumming.... and I had all these dabs to do too.....

I sent a message to domless to see what I gotta do to get a new heater.

they were the best 2 dabs ive had since my first two dabs!

EpicNameGuy

Heh, I couldn't help but try to Google this dab revolution, and boy I know I found it. Check this out!

http://www.myterpz.com/

LOLZ :bowdown::rofl:

I know (hope) that's not the guy behind the e-nail. I just saw the pics and died laughing and had to share.

PoopMachine

Heh, I couldn't help but try to Google this dab revolution, and boy I know I found it. Check this out!

I know (hope) that's not the guy behind the e-nail. I just saw the pics and died laughing and had to share.

LOL.. thats crazy!

I dont wanna say too much because whats coming is something we've never seen before. It really will be a game changer.

The Terpz guys are going to get an account here so they can participate so they may end up announcing the upcoming stuff anyways.

I googled it too.. no mention of their deal really anywhere.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker

Uhh. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::rofl:
Err. That is fucking hilarious. Smoke and sniff. Half the effects of vaping using 5x the weed.

Top Bottom