next generation e-nails?

shredder

Most people seem to go with the SiC setup from dnail combined with a cheaper controller
I mostly do smaller sized dabs but not "mini" and heard the SiC wastes less concentrate

leaning more and more towards this setup instead of the quartz from dabinator :

trying to make sure i order the right items since i have to pay a higher shipping fee to eu

Halo dish
Flat coil heater
Slim Base
Carb cap

And i guess the D-nail flat coil aswell? worried it will not heat properly without the original coil?

puts me at 316$ with the coil and 226 without

The order process at dnail will help you with what you need, but that sounds right.

I believe other flat coil heaters would work, but then I bought the dnail heater matched with the thick ass glass controler and they work well together. Just make sure the pin set up between the heater and controler match up. There are at least two types.

shredder,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Most people seem to go with the SiC setup from dnail combined with a cheaper controller
I mostly do smaller sized dabs but not "mini" and heard the SiC wastes less concentrate

leaning more and more towards this setup instead of the quartz from dabinator :

trying to make sure i order the right items since i have to pay a higher shipping fee to eu

Halo dish
Flat coil heater
Slim Base
Carb cap

And i guess the D-nail flat coil aswell? worried it will not heat properly without the original coil?

puts me at 316$ with the coil and 226 without

The Halos work with any flat coil.

Everything else looks good as long as its the V2 cap from dnail for the Halos

MegaMan2k

very cool, im pretty sure this is what im gonna do now :D

Judging from pictures and looking at my controller the Pins seem to fit, physically atleast.
What i was worried about was if the temps would match up etc

MegaMan2k,
Reactions: shredder

jpdnkstr

very cool, im pretty sure this is what im gonna do now :D

Judging from pictures and looking at my controller the Pins seem to fit, physically atleast.
What i was worried about was if the temps would match up etc
what you need to worry about is that each pin is the same as your controller, I believe the Auber coils are the same as d-nail but you need to know. My controller is from Matt at Divine tribe, my flat coil is from dh gate, it is the same wiring configuration as the Auber unit and apparently the same as the d-nail unit as well.

jpdnkstr,

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...i have a 30mm coil on its way and wondering whats the best nail to mate with a flat coil?

...initially tempted to get the 30mm liger as i enjoy my 20mm, but the state of affairs has me trigger shy...

...curious to what other high-end options are out there? Probably going to want to stick to a SiC option, i didn't REALLY see any additional benefit to the sapphire ime, atleast not for the cost (and hearing how delicate they are, knock on wood mines been good for a year or more?)

...what are the pro's using for their 30mm/flat coil nails?

just_the_flu,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
...i have a 30mm coil on its way and wondering whats the best nail to mate with a flat coil?

...initially tempted to get the 30mm liger as i enjoy my 20mm, but the state of affairs has me trigger shy...

...curious to what other high-end options are out there? Probably going to want to stick to a SiC option, i didn't REALLY see any additional benefit to the sapphire ime, atleast not for the cost (and hearing how delicate they are, knock on wood mines been good for a year or more?)

I would like to know myself... Since CCA still cant get their shit right when things are done in-house now. I am on the verge of being done spending money on that company as they owe me two vapor buckets for going on two months.

My only other option that i have found to be as good is going with a HE gavel banger and a Pelinail coil designed to fit around the banger. I cant seem to find anything out there using the flat coils much.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum

Aside from the Halos, the Ligers are the only thing, IMO that is even worth looking at, unless you want to drop a bunch on very pricey quartz and a new custom coil.

That being said unless you can grab a used setup and get into it knowing getting anything from CCA may be a problem.....I can't recommend the Ligers anymore due to the ongoing issues.

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...Thanks @Shooby & @ensabbahnur ... think i'll wait on another liger until things turn around (hoping they do, its a good product once you get it)...

...i'm going to look at the halo's again, not really interested in over paying for quartz and/or custom coils at this stage, i already have a decent 20mm quarts bucket (and a pricey 25mm torch banger)..

...thanks again :tup:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I agree with Shooby, beyond D nail the only setup I would consider is a Gavel with a Disorderly Conduction coil. But IMO the cost:benefit analysis for high end Quartz is hard to justify compared to SiC or Sapphire Halos. Plus I feel like a diva trying to perfectly maintain quartz. I think I would go for the Eternal Quartz X Highly Educated gavel INSERT instead of the babger, as IMO Quartz works sweet for uptemps but isn't really that great for static temperature dabbing considering the low conductivity. Love the clean metal free air path of these bangers though, plus it is fun to watch your oils boil in HD clarity. Im kind of assuming Highly Educated may release a QX2S with the opaque quartz dish however, which could be kind of cool.

EVlL 55

Hello everyone...
For what it’s worth I sold my liger..shit gives me un needed anxiety... and don’t use my halos primarily because of heat transfer...I’m paranoid like that.
What iv been using I’d say going on close to a year is a 25mm disorderly conduct coil,..and a 25mm flat top quartz banger with excellent results at •560. ...give or take.
At first I used the toro grail,..then tried a HB,.and an IQ...only because they’re the best..but they’re the “best”... if your using a torch...not a coil so much.
I bought a $50 generic flat top as a back up to my $160 HB banger....half off so 25 bucks.
It’s a hair thinner than the other expensive ones and the floor is not overtly thick either...but I believe that’s a good thing for email purposes...the thickness is great for torches but with a coil it’s constant heat,..and I think the thinner walls let me go lower in temp due to constant heat penetration...and the coil never touches the floor of the nail so if it’s thick,..for heat retention,..it pools up.
I just swirl around the inner nail where the coil sits and cap it...best experience Iv had so far among using a v1,v2,v3 liger(s),..Halos,..and an errlectric

D-nail briefly sold 25mm coils on the site ,..I have one..but they discontinued,..which is o.k. because they’re coils are a little taller than most and have a slight hang off the banger resulting in off temp readings...the disorderly conduct sits perfect on every nail iv tried...but they’re only 5 ft.long for some reason and more importantly as far as I know they’re the only ones making them at the moment.
So,.I guess for 65 bucks for a 25mm coil,..50 bucks for a 25mm flat top banger,..and if your reading this youv probably got a fuck-ton of compatible caps from trying to find a match for your liger...if not,..25 mm caps are everywhere...
This set up works for me very well and is a great alternative.

MegaMan2k

Hey guys so im waiting for my stuff to get here from dnail which is gonna be a while

So i decided to get me the Coil from dabinator just to get dabbing allready

Sadly, The dabinator coil dont work with my PID from DHGATE at all! very sad moment!

Any suggestions?

MegaMan2k,

MegaMan2k

Yea well i saw some people coupling some different brand PID'S and Coils so i thought id take the chance aswell.
I dont know if theres other ways to know if coil/pid will match other than looking at the pins, which didnt do much in my case since it fits but dont heat up.

MegaMan2k,

Baron23

HI guys - I want to introduce a subject here and not in a vape specific thread as this is absolutely NOT an attempt to denigrate any given vendor's product. Rather, I'm interested in your view and experience with this subject and any technical info on it you may have.

The subject is "is there a defacto standard for enail coil connectors/pin-outs" and is there any reason to depart from this sort of standard.

I came across this subject some time ago when looking into buying my first PID controller and coil. I came across High Five but was put off about their warnings to only use their coils with their controller due to pin-out compatibility.

Then Gimodo controllers/coils and some of them were mini-XLRs and some where four pin connectors, I believe.

Then I came across a bunch of info on the "D-nail" connector interface of a full size XLR, five pin, with pins 1 & 2 = power, 3 & 4 = TC +/-, and 5 being ground. Now I know this is not an actual standard like ISO or the like and that this is NOT proprietary to D-nail....I think they are just referenced as the common interface for enail coils.

I do know that there is at least one Chinese vendor, Vapecode, that makes coils with a heavier duty, aviation type, screw on connector which is NOT compatible with any XLR type controllers/coils. The benefit is supposed to be higher current carrying capacity but its an open question to me if this benefit is needed by the application and is therefore worth the possible sourcing and compatibility issues of an uncommon connector/pin-out.

I ended up going with Auber which uses the "D-nail" connector/pin-outs (and yes, I know this is not really something that is D-nail proprietary....its just how it seems to be most commonly referenced).

So, some questions for the FC masses (LOL):

1. Do you find that the full size XLR with the "D-nail" pin outs to be a "defacto" standard or at least the most common mechanical interface for coils?

2. Do you believe that a higher current carrying capacity is needed by our enail applications?

3. Have you found controllers/coils with other connector types/pin outs, such as the screw on aviation type or the four pin XLR, to be easily sourced (or as easily sourced as the full size XLR)

4. What are your personal preferences...stick with "defacto" standard (if you found this to indeed be a defacto standard) or does this not matter to you at all? That is, are you fine with buying a controller and coil configuration that may put you into a single source (or limited source) situation.

Looking at them, some of these may be leading questions, but truly I'm just interested in your experience in the market for controllers/coils and what is important to you and what is not.

Again, this is NOT an attempt to take a shot at any given connector implementation or vendor, just trying to get a feel for how you view this issue (or non-issue for you as the case may be).

Thanks

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Although I only was allowed to use my Auber RDK-300 + Showerhead setup two times up to now, I`m thinking of storing a replacement emergency coil (another VAS syndrome?). The showerhead brings vaping to a new level, remembering me the times I got my Volcano after messing around with a heat gun, a Vapir and the Aromed.Won't ever miss it. So what would be best? Simply buy another coil from Auber Instruments, or is there another, maybe better alternative, which fits the Auber and the Showerhead? Getting a little bit confused about this whole pin discussion here :D

Alex3oe,

Baron23

Although I only was allowed to use my Auber RDK-300 + Showerhead setup two times up to now, I`m thinking of storing a replacement emergency coil (another VAS syndrome?). The showerhead brings vaping to a new level, remembering me the times I got my Volcano after messing around with a heat gun, a Vapir and the Aromed.Won't ever miss it. So what would be best? Simply buy another coil from Auber Instruments, or is there another, maybe better alternative, which fits the Auber and the Showerhead? Getting a little bit confused about this whole pin discussion here :D
Auber or D-nail coils have identical connectors/pin outs and are interchangeable. D-nail are a bit more expensive. I have both and see no functional difference and would suggest just getting the Auber.

Or even just buy hot runner coils off of DHGate.

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Thank you, I think I'm going with another Auber coil then. To be honest, I'm having some kind of wired feelings when it comes to high voltage/temperature devices from Chinese vendors and their lack of QC.

Alex3oe,
Reactions: Hogni

MegaMan2k

could it be said that the ; dabinator whip is of a "proprietary" origin since it won't work with different brand controllers?

MegaMan2k,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Thank you, I think I'm going with another Auber coil then. To be honest, I'm having some kind of wired feelings when it comes to high voltage/temperature devices from Chinese vendors and their lack of QC.

What are you thinking where most of controllers and coils even at the US market are coming from? It's nearly all chinese at least in parts. I've a chinese controller and coils which are working awesome for less than half the money. My coils are working around 6-8 h a day since more than one year and are still working flawless. I wouild go with a recommended dhgate vendor. I addition you'll probably have to pay less shipping costs and the chance to get your package w/o customs to Germany is better than with a package from the US.

mixchu69

understand what you guys are saying about d-nail and auber coils and agree 100%....my next coil will be purchased at auber
But, i have had my original 20mm D-nail coil over 2-3 years of constant use (one period it was on for 2 straight weeks) and has not died yet...its not the extended life coil either

Baron23

To be honest, I'm having some kind of wired feelings when it comes to high voltage/temperature devices from Chinese vendors and their lack of QC.

Yes, I understand completely but I rather think that all of these type coils are now made in China. Does anybody know of a K-type TC barrel coil made in the USA??

Baron23

HI guys - I want to introduce a subject here and not in a vape specific thread as this is absolutely NOT an attempt to denigrate any given vendor's product. Rather, I'm interested in your view and experience with this subject and any technical info on it you may have.

The subject is "is there a defacto standard for enail coil connectors/pin-outs" and is there any reason to depart from this sort of standard.

I came across this subject some time ago when looking into buying my first PID controller and coil. I came across High Five but was put off about their warnings to only use their coils with their controller due to pin-out compatibility.

Then Gimodo controllers/coils and some of them were mini-XLRs and some where four pin connectors, I believe.

Then I came across a bunch of info on the "D-nail" connector interface of a full size XLR, five pin, with pins 1 & 2 = power, 3 & 4 = TC +/-, and 5 being ground. Now I know this is not an actual standard like ISO or the like and that this is NOT proprietary to D-nail....I think they are just referenced as the common interface for enail coils.

I do know that there is at least one Chinese vendor, Vapecode, that makes coils with a heavier duty, aviation type, screw on connector which is NOT compatible with any XLR type controllers/coils. The benefit is supposed to be higher current carrying capacity but its an open question to me if this benefit is needed by the application and is therefore worth the possible sourcing and compatibility issues of an uncommon connector/pin-out.

I ended up going with Auber which uses the "D-nail" connector/pin-outs (and yes, I know this is not really something that is D-nail proprietary....its just how it seems to be most commonly referenced).

So, some questions for the FC masses (LOL):

1. Do you find that the full size XLR with the "D-nail" pin outs to be a "defacto" standard or at least the most common mechanical interface for coils?

2. Do you believe that a higher current carrying capacity is needed by our enail applications?

3. Have you found controllers/coils with other connector types/pin outs, such as the screw on aviation type or the four pin XLR, to be easily sourced (or as easily sourced as the full size XLR)

4. What are your personal preferences...stick with "defacto" standard (if you found this to indeed be a defacto standard) or does this not matter to you at all? That is, are you fine with buying a controller and coil configuration that may put you into a single source (or limited source) situation.

Looking at them, some of these may be leading questions, but truly I'm just interested in your experience in the market for controllers/coils and what is important to you and what is not.

Again, this is NOT an attempt to take a shot at any given connector implementation or vendor, just trying to get a feel for how you view this issue (or non-issue for you as the case may be).

Thanks
Well, I guess this wasn't a topic of interest to anyone. Oh well. ;)

Baron23,

tylerj55

Well, I guess this wasn't a topic of interest to anyone. Oh well. ;)
I think @disorderlyconduction makes his coils here in the US. I have one of his 30mm coils for my grail and he’s making one for the 54mm mayoral which I plan on getting as well lol.

tylerj55,
Top Bottom