next generation e-nails?

GSR

Any word on when the liger v3 is coming out? Im itching to jump in the enail game and, judging from everyone's reactions, a liger nail would make that jump even nicer.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Any word on when the liger v3 is coming out? Im itching to jump in the enail game and, judging from everyone's reactions, a liger nail would make that jump even nicer.

The beta team is getting the any additional feedback to CCA to create the final version. Only minor tweaks like an additional washer for the 30mm version to create better contact with the flat coils so they can be run at lower temps like the other 2 sizes. The v3 encased 20mm and 16mm really need no improvement and are ready for release now. Just waiting on the rest of the V3 line to finish up prototype testing.
My best guess is late October for the V3. I am still 100% happy with the 20mm V2, but the V3 encased coil bucket makes things even sweeter. I will say the sapphire insert is ridiculous and really is amazing. But for those of you that just have SiC available don't worry, it isn't THAT much better lol it is better though ;) But in all honesty the quartz, sic and sapphire all have amazing properties.

Last edited:

Monsoon

Just cleaned my Sapphire Halo again with the Dark Crystal Clear solution and am about to take a fresh dab on it. Not shown is the black charring on the inside where the lug is but that's not an issue as long as the surface is pristine.

BWEG182.jpg

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Just cleaned my Sapphire Halo again with the Dark Crystal Clear solution and am about to take a fresh dab on it. Not shown is the black charring on the inside where the lug is but that's not an issue as long as the surface is pristine.

BWEG182.jpg

Oh, I may have to pick some Dark Crystal up just for my sapphire! So I have a lot of SiC and Quartz inserts around and I usually torch clean these back to new with no problems.
Well I have this 1x little 20mm sapphire guy and since it's the only one in the world right now I REALLY don't want to torch clean it as you can imagine. So I have used a dryer sheet trick on burnt pans in the past. So I tore a little piece of dryer sheet, a drop of dish soap and hot water. I left it overnight, came back and took my tool and twisted the dryer sheet around the insert. It came 99.5% clean! cleaner than my 99.9% ISO got it at least. I did a iso was after and it was good to go! So I may try Dark crystal but until then "Martha Stewart's dab cleaning method" may work lol.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/clean-bakedon-gunk-from-pans-w-152109

Monsoon

Oh, I may have to pick some Dark Crystal up just for my sapphire! So I have a lot of SiC and Quartz inserts around and I usually torch clean these back to new with no problems.
Well I have this 1x little 20mm sapphire guy and since it's the only one in the world right now I REALLY don't want to torch clean it as you can imagine. So I have used a dryer sheet trick on burnt pans in the past. So I tore a little piece of dryer sheet, a drop of dish soap and hot water. I left it overnight, came back and took my tool and twisted the dryer sheet around the insert. It came 99.5% clean! cleaner than my 99.9% ISO got it at least. I did a iso was after and it was good to go! So I may try Dark crystal but until then "Martha Stewart's dab cleaning method" may work lol.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/clean-bakedon-gunk-from-pans-w-152109
I saw that trick making the rounds on Facebook this week, didn't think about using it with my dab-wear. Much cheaper than a bottle of Dark Crystal too.

Monsoon,
Reactions: Dr200

AVENTUS

How does sapphire differ from good Quartz or hive ceramic ?

Does it retain heat a long time or cool down faster ? Any long term benefits ?

AVENTUS,

Monsoon

I've used the Dark Crystal cleaning stuff a few more times and it's working great! What I do is I put the Halo in a small plastic container like this, pour in some Dark Crystal solution, pop the lid on and then swirl it around for agitation to bubble it up. Then I'll let it sit for a few hours and swirl it again and repeat until I think it's done. Then I'll scrub it with a q-tip, rinse with hot water and then into ISO for a bit and it's ready. I tried the same thing with the titanium parts and it did a good job of cleaning some of the hardened resin that had built up over awhile.

Monsoon,

YabaDabaGoo

Alright dabbers. I did this question with the two bubbler kings of DHGate. So now I will do it with the two nail kings. I am only interested in answers from people who have tried both, and reasoning is appreciated:

Which is king... The Liger or the Dnail? Let's assume surfaces are the same, SiC or quartz inserts.

YabaDabaGoo,

mutten840

@YabaDabaGoo It is all in the preference and not so much one over another.

Liger V2: Uses much less product to do the same thing as the Dnail. But is hard to match the pure output the Dnail halo does on a good piece of glass. The main thing to take away from the Liger is the efficiency of the nail with much less product. I found that I used a 3rd of what I was putting into the Halo and was getting good and baked still. Once I found I did not need to dump as much into the bowl, I saw a huge savings in the amount of product I was using and still was plenty medicated =)

Dnail Halo: The halo is like a wood chipper in that you can feed it long dabs and it will mow through them. But that also means you are using a lot more product. You will also see more reclaim when using the Dnail over the Liger. I believe it is due to having a larger surface that is being heated and so it can consume more. But it also wastes more with the overall amounts of reclaim.

I have a quartz halo and also a V2 liger with SiC and Quartz inserts and I always end up using the Liger over my Halo. I still use the halo, just no where near as much as I did prior to getting the Liger and pairing it with the SiC insert. That is now my main go to. I know the V3 liger will be out sometime this month and it will have a flat coil version and so far it has shown great results per the beta testers in our FC community.

If you can afford it you might think about just stepping up and getting both so you will truly know the pros and cons to each =)

Last edited:

YabaDabaGoo

@YabaDabaGoo It is all in the preference and not so much one over another.

Liger V2: Uses much less product to do the same thing as the Dnail. But is hard to match the pure output the Dnail halo does on a good piece of glass. The main thing to take away from the Liger is the efficiency of the nail with much less product. I found that I used a 3rd of what I was putting into the Halo and was getting good and baked still. Once I found I did not need to dump as much into the bowl, I saw a huge savings in the amount of product I was using and still was plenty medicated =)

Dnail Halo: The halo is like a wood chipper in that you can feed it long dabs and it will mow through them. But that also means you are using a lot more product. You will also see more reclaim when using the Dnail over the Liger. I believe it is due to having a larger surface that is being heated and so it can consume more. But it also wastes more with the overall amounts of reclaim.

I have a quartz halo and also a V2 liger with SiC and Quartz inserts and I always end up using the Liger over my Halo. I still use the halo, just no where near as much as I did prior to getting the Liger and pairing it with the SiC insert. That is now my main go to. I know the V3 liger will be out sometime this month and it will have a flat coil version and so far it has shown great results per the beta testers in our FC community.

If you can afford it you might think about just stepping up and getting both so you will truly know the pros and cons to each =)

Thanks for the in-depth response, Mutten. I'm welcome to other opinions.

In the meantime I have a follow up question for you: Do you notice any flavor differences in the DNail vs Liger if the same material insert is used?

YabaDabaGoo,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Alright dabbers. I did this question with the two bubbler kings of DHGate. So now I will do it with the two nail kings. I am only interested in answers from people who have tried both, and reasoning is appreciated:

Which is king... The Liger or the Dnail? Let's assume surfaces are the same, SiC or quartz inserts.

I have now had a good bit more experience with the SiC Halo and I have an enormous amount of time with all versions of the Liger. My current setup is the V3 which is due out in October. Do yourself a favor and wait on this to be released before making your decision. The V2 is fantastic but the V3's encased coil bucket is a nice add and all of the caps caps are great. The new prototype Hurricane cap with variable air flow is amazing. And the SiC , Quartz, and Sapphire inserts are all top quality.

My final beta set will be here tomorrow which will most likely be the Production V3. I will post pics later but until then here are a few of the prototype V3 in 20mm and 30mm. and since you were asking about the FC-710 in the other thread here is a video with both in it ;)

21DD0B35-79A4-4ABA-9A99-AC840E7D1D3D_zpsffgdj0yu.jpg

67CCF1BC-29BF-46F4-BF54-9DEE4DD2AEC4_zpsff8vajpm.jpg
64650FD0-3FAC-4CEE-8EF0-E8887EDF2920_zpsriyjbg3h.jpg

2322CF3F-7858-4C60-8726-094E72F77645_zpszfkzihvg.jpg

mutten840

@YabaDabaGoo I get great flavor out of both. It all comes down to finding the magic spot in the temp.

Here is what I run for temps:

Liger V2 with SiC 645
Dnail Quartz halo 770

I will play around with the above temps when pairing with different pieces, but that is pretty much where I consistently ride the flavor train =)

I prefer the SiC insert over the Quartz for the Liger. But prefer the Quartz dish for the Halo

The Liger quartz works great, I just prefer the overall experience of the Sic Insert with the Liger. They compliment each other nicely

As for the Halo, I just for some reason have always preferred the Quartz over the Sic. But have had both and cannot give any complaints over the quality or overall experience of either. Just that I preferred the quartz halo over the Sic and the SiC insert over the quartz for the Liger.

Stoners are such complicated creatures =P

YabaDabaGoo

@YabaDabaGoo I get great flavor out of both. It all comes down to finding the magic spot in the temp.

Here is what I run for temps:

Liger V2 with SiC 645
Dnail Quartz halo 770

I will play around with the above temps when pairing with different pieces, but that is pretty much where I consistently ride the flavor train =)

I prefer the SiC insert over the Quartz for the Liger. But prefer the Quartz dish for the Halo

The Liger quartz works great, I just prefer the overall experience of the Sic Insert with the Liger. They compliment each other nicely

As for the Halo, I just for some reason have always preferred the Quartz over the Sic. But have had both and cannot give any complaints over the quality or overall experience of either. Just that I preferred the quartz halo over the Sic and the SiC insert over the quartz for the Liger.

Stoners are such complicated creatures =P

Insanely helpful. You are the man!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Polish on the new sapphire is beautiful. And it weighs a ton! I will have to get a total carat weight when I get home but it's impressive!

The latest version of the inserts as you can see by the comparison pics have a rounded bottoms where the flat bottom meet the wall. Not only that but the bottoms are beveled to make sure if you crust up your dish that your inserts won't get stuck. In the pics is the V2 sic, quartz and prototype 20mm sapphire next to the V3 Quartz and SiC. Then there is the V2 Quartz and SiC 30mm next to the V3 Quartz, SiC, And the New production V3 30mm Sapphire! Let the testing begin! Here are a few pics while I get the dab station together ;).

062B9E9D-C779-4A8C-B73E-4B9146FC1743_zpsk9ss3evr.jpg

0F3D4877-9014-41FE-96EA-14A83D5B39D4_zpsgtbezzpj.jpg
A77F28E1-3D7C-4ED7-A492-0D4371C9AF58_zps72otbwcx.jpg
9988C2A2-0578-4061-AC04-85E4EAF434D2_zps8jjdmwfa.jpg
CE0B1A75-B6AC-4570-BA7A-381B845FE79C_zpszag7lbav.jpg
41F3CECD-AF70-423B-9936-F4C62E75EBEC_zpsvfefhabw.jpg
EDB2C930-DB40-46A7-8B9E-2BAA2653165E_zpsir4jodhj.jpg
F9C84FA6-54C6-4C75-B2CB-C92042543F8F_zpsivy0eppp.jpg

19678124-374E-4E6E-974D-6EC9EF12C418_zpsjnees1nv.jpg

8D8CBD6E-974F-40FA-87B5-52A56314C87D_zpsnbsybunu.jpg

A30A731B-9FC9-49E9-BB4C-3BE7CB890B49_zpshwmmxi93.jpg

B4C1E7D8-CE1A-4CAD-8852-3E6DA4614459_zpsaajnu3tr.jpg

YabaDabaGoo

Polish on the new sapphire is beautiful. And it weighs a ton! I will have to get a total carat weight when I get home but it's impressive!

The latest version of the inserts as you can see by the comparison pics have a rounded bottoms where the flat bottom meet the wall. Not only that but the bottoms are beveled to make sure if you crust up your dish that your inserts won't get stuck. In the pics is the V2 sic, quartz and prototype 20mm sapphire next to the V3 Quartz and SiC. Then there is the V2 Quartz and SiC 30mm next to the V3 Quartz, SiC, And the New production V3 30mm Sapphire! Let the testing begin! Here are a few pics while I get the dab station together ;).

062B9E9D-C779-4A8C-B73E-4B9146FC1743_zpsk9ss3evr.jpg

0F3D4877-9014-41FE-96EA-14A83D5B39D4_zpsgtbezzpj.jpg
A77F28E1-3D7C-4ED7-A492-0D4371C9AF58_zps72otbwcx.jpg
9988C2A2-0578-4061-AC04-85E4EAF434D2_zps8jjdmwfa.jpg
CE0B1A75-B6AC-4570-BA7A-381B845FE79C_zpszag7lbav.jpg
41F3CECD-AF70-423B-9936-F4C62E75EBEC_zpsvfefhabw.jpg
EDB2C930-DB40-46A7-8B9E-2BAA2653165E_zpsir4jodhj.jpg
F9C84FA6-54C6-4C75-B2CB-C92042543F8F_zpsivy0eppp.jpg

19678124-374E-4E6E-974D-6EC9EF12C418_zpsjnees1nv.jpg

8D8CBD6E-974F-40FA-87B5-52A56314C87D_zpsnbsybunu.jpg

A30A731B-9FC9-49E9-BB4C-3BE7CB890B49_zpshwmmxi93.jpg

B4C1E7D8-CE1A-4CAD-8852-3E6DA4614459_zpsaajnu3tr.jpg

Hey Bonsai, what will be the main differences between the two carb caps, the storm cell and hurricane?

YabaDabaGoo,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hey Bonsai, what will be the main differences between the two carb caps, the storm cell and hurricane?

The storm cell is the flat bottom cap. The hurricane is the round bottom cap shaped like a UFO. You can get either the slim basic handle or the skeleton handle with interchangeable dab tips with either cap. They are pretty similar in performance but I am leaning towards the hurricane lately! I like the 3d rotation it allows.

mrbonsai420,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

tepictoton

It´s only (portable) for people with very deep pockets hihi

Sorry, could not resist. Because, I do like how errlectric tries to be innovative and al, but one does get the bill for that too...not being in the States only makes it easier to pass on this...

tepictoton,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

I Kinda want this! But their proprietary coils turn me off too much :(. I already have 6 coils in every size, 16mm, 20mm and flat. I can't see switching everything out just for a portable unit. But I love the idea. In fact I have been playing with making my enail portable for a while. I like to use it camping just for shits and giggles even though the Liger works great as a torch banger too.

I have this setup in my car right now to go camping but it's a bit bigger than the Errlectric! I use the Chargetech battery along side an enail in a Pelican case so mine is small but not that small. Both of the batteries below will run any enail on thew market.

This is my battery
https://www.amazon.com/ChargeTech-Portable-Universal-MacBooks-Motorola/dp/B0116BX968

This one looks like it will fit the bill well too for those wanting to make one of their existing enails portable.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...ct-portable-power-bank-smartphone-powerbank#/

This is my setup from last year like this

F65474D7-9D68-44AB-80DE-54641FEA8556.jpg

And before I had the Chargetech battery this was my full sized camping setup lol

Any computer UPS will run one for quite a while but they are HEAVY!!

75124E82-D61F-4A3E-83CA-041AFF5428BB.jpg

Last edited:

Baron23

Wow, I'm sure its a nice product but $449 for the controller and $250 for a Ti nail and coil!??

Am I reading this right?

Its just priced out of the market for me.

Baron23,
Reactions: grokit
Top Bottom