next generation e-nails?

NevadaPradah

i went with D-Nail for the sapphire insert and eventually the full sapphire dish. as for surface area, in comparison to a Highly Educated Infiniti nail large dish, the d-nail SiC dish is almost twice as big.

Thanks. But not really interested in Highly Educated. Only Liger and D-Nail. Btw, I would purchase the largest liger dish. All D-Nail dishes are the same size right?

NevadaPradah,

Gn0sis

Thanks. But not really interested in Highly Educated. Only Liger and D-Nail. Btw, I would purchase the largest liger dish. All D-Nail dishes are the same size right?

i'm only using the Highly Educated nail as a comparison.... not sure where u got the idea i was suggesting u get it

d-nail dishes are same size

Gn0sis,

NevadaPradah

i'm only using the Highly Educated nail as a comparison.... not sure where u got the idea i was suggesting u get it

d-nail dishes are same size

Oops sorry for my misunderstanding. Unfortunately i dont have a highly educated nail to compare but now i know what you were saying. Thanks again

NevadaPradah,

garymon

Would you mind posting a pic of your setup ? Got the same product but asked for 20 mm accessories, but the dish feels a bit loose around the coil , I posted some pics above, I showed the seller and he is claiming that that's how it fits but I would just like some confirmation before I release payment to the seller thanks .

Sorry for bringing it up again, just want to know if I have the wrong sized part or if its just supposed to be fairly loose .

Yeah, no problem. I actually just logged on to add some images. Last night I got high enough that I couldn't figure out how to add images here. Lol.

oQpppg2.jpg

eoOxwgl.jpg

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Don't get one for that, accuracy will be poor for a bunch of reasons. Ideally ypu want a type-K thermocouple to measure the temp directly.
Do have a link to a reasonably priced setup you recommend?

Last edited:
Silat,

Mangos

Yeah, no problem. I actually just logged on to add some images. Last night I got high enough that I couldn't figure out how to add images here. Lol.

oQpppg2.jpg

eoOxwgl.jpg
Thanks for posting the pics. Looks like you got a 16 mm flat coil with yours ? . Either way glad you got a good fit nail and coil. Just guessing the size though compared to my piece , which has a noticeable gap between the bottom of the nail dish and coil which would prevent it heating as well as it could be.

I turned my coil around to have it heating where I place my shatter, in hopes of more efficient extraction. Still would prefer a tighter fit nail and coil like the one that the seller has pictured. I messaged them in the asking if they could send a smaller coil and nail that would fit , as if I knew it would have been like this I wouldn't have asked for a different sized coil and nail.

Got a small vid of myself having a small dab on it on temp 750 , anybody tell me if its working as it should ? Excuse the first 30 seconds, just finding a good position for my piece without it slipping.

https://vid.me/XBnt

Don't know much about nails and coils , just trying to find out if my one is working correctly.

The PID box works fine , tends to overshoot the temperature on startup. I found that manually turning the temp up and down to the desired temp seems to remind it where its going lol .

Mangos,
Reactions: garymon

mutten840

@Mangos I find quartz needs to be ran a bit higher than TI. Maybe try bumping your temp up like 10 or 20 degrees more and try it at each increment to see if it helps with the smoking also if the flavor improves or gets worse. For me when the temp is too high the dab will feel hot on my throat and burn a little. The taste will also not be there like it should. Lastly, I try to never let my carb cap touch the heater as I have seen the temp fluctuate due to this. Maybe try to find a carb cap that does not let the bowl sit so low in it. I know the people that make the Liger have a nice carb cap that sits on the top of the bowl instead of over it.

Hope this helps and enjoy

mutten840,
Reactions: Mangos

Monsoon

What is interesting is that I see that people are using the gun style IR units.
The gun style ones will give you a ballpark idea of where the temp is but they aren't very accurate for this purpose due to different unknown emmissivities of the surfaces and the small target area. Depends exactly what you're trying to accomplish by measuring the temp.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I believe that is a 20mm, either that or the 16mm. It's not a 10mm, those are for nectar collectors and are really tiny.

That is as good as it gets with that coil/nail setup. You may have better luck flipping the coil since the temperature probe reading is taken at the tip and that will be closer to the dish, but I doubt it will make much difference. Most people use the Flat coil for this type dish (Halo clone) and a Liger for a barrel coil like you have. But this should work just fine, worse case scenario is that you have to turn your coil up a little more than normal to get your dish up to temp which is no big deal at all. Just play with the temps, you may have to go over the 700 degree mark depending on the heat transfer. Just remember that it's not the coil temp that matters, just the dish temp. So you may have to go to 750 on some setups for the dish to reach 675. I'm sure once the body
Anyone have a recommendation for an IR thermometer to measure temps at the dish?
Any of these? http://www.thermoworks.com/Infrareds
I bought a cheap one from Amazon. The main issue is that it is very difficult to tell exactly where it is reading. The laser is not precise. Then there is the issue of emissivity adjustment. This allows adjustment to compensate for reflective surfaces. I was not able to use it for my nail when I was torching. And no need with my Errlectric.

garymon

Thanks for posting the pics. Looks like you got a 16 mm flat coil with yours ? . Either way glad you got a good fit nail and coil. Just guessing the size though compared to my piece , which has a noticeable gap between the bottom of the nail dish and coil which would prevent it heating as well as it could be.

I turned my coil around to have it heating where I place my shatter, in hopes of more efficient extraction. Still would prefer a tighter fit nail and coil like the one that the seller has pictured. I messaged them in the asking if they could send a smaller coil and nail that would fit , as if I knew it would have been like this I wouldn't have asked for a different sized coil and nail.

Got a small vid of myself having a small dab on it on temp 750 , anybody tell me if its working as it should ? Excuse the first 30 seconds, just finding a good position for my piece without it slipping.

https://vid.me/XBnt

Don't know much about nails and coils , just trying to find out if my one is working correctly.

The PID box works fine , tends to overshoot the temperature on startup. I found that manually turning the temp up and down to the desired temp seems to remind it where its going lol .

I ordered the 20mm and thought that was what I got but I guess I should measure when I get home tonight just to make sure. I plan to replace the dish and nail with a Liger banger in a month or so, so I am not super worried as this is just interim hardaware. Yes, everything fits well and seems flush. Your video looks fine to me but I'm still learning so much I'm not sure if I would notice a problem.

As to if it's working correctly:
1. How medicated do you feel?
2. How do you like the flavor?
3. How efficient is it?

garymon,
Reactions: Mangos

rolln_j

those cheap ir temp readers need a non reflective surface and a square inch of surface area to get anything close to an accurate reading

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
The gun style ones will give you a ballpark idea of where the temp is but they aren't very accurate for this purpose due to different unknown emmissivities of the surfaces and the small target area. Depends exactly what you're trying to accomplish by measuring the temp.

Just wondering about temps at the point of impact compared to the reading on the box.

Silat,

Kanna_Kult

I just got my d nail extended life flat coil and I just wanna make sure before I open it that it will work with my Auberins RDK-300 (350? Can't remember ) and that I don't have to adjust any parameters, my old coil was the auberins flat coil so I wouldn't think I would have to change anything but I am very ignorant as far as electronics and i really don't wanna fry my whole set up hahaha. If anyone knows and could chime in I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance !

Kanna_Kult,

Monsoon

I just got my d nail extended life flat coil and I just wanna make sure before I open it that it will work with my Auberins RDK-300 (350? Can't remember ) and that I don't have to adjust any parameters, my old coil was the auberins flat coil so I wouldn't think I would have to change anything but I am very ignorant as far as electronics and i really don't wanna fry my whole set up hahaha. If anyone knows and could chime in I'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance !
The Auber uses the same pin-outs as D-Nail so there will be no issue, I and several others here can confirm that. As for the parameters, it should be the same if your last coil was also 100W, otherwise the check the manual here to be sure.

Kanna_Kult

The Auber uses the same pin-outs as D-Nail so there will be no issue, I and several others here can confirm that. As for the parameters, it should be the same if your last coil was also 100W, otherwise the check the manual here to be sure.
Thank you! The old one was 100v and the dnail XL flat coil is 110v or 120v (I can't tell it says both on the label), is that close enough to not adjust anything the manual doesn't say except for changing from 220v to 100v and I already did that when I bought it with the auber flat coil, sorry for my ignorance, and thanks for the fast response !

Kanna_Kult,

Monsoon

Thank you! The old one was 100v and the dnail XL flat coil is 110v or 120v (I can't tell it says both on the label), is that close enough to not adjust anything the manual doesn't say except for changing from 220v to 100v and I already did that when I bought it with the auber flat coil, sorry for my ignorance, and thanks for the fast response !
Don't forget watts and volts are very different things. You should only be using 220v if you're outside North America. I think they used to sell a 250W coil which is what the manual refers to.

Monsoon,

NevadaPradah

Do you know if High5 uses the same pin-outs also?

NevadaPradah,
Top Bottom