next generation e-nails?

Monsoon

I've been browsing the current market (and this thread) for enail setups, anticipating the day when I tire of the constant servicing my VB2 needs. It looks like there are lots of choices for ti and quartz but it looks like D-Nail is the only one offering SiC as well as sapphire, correct? Are they often out of stock of the SiC Halos and sapphire inserts as they are now? TIA.
Stock comes and goes, I would check their site daily if you're waiting on something. If you got both dishes you'll save a bit of cash since they can share the same base. Also both work with the Sapphire insert, just make sure to get the one made for the Halo. A lot of people here are also fans of the Liger so it's another option to consider.

Maybe so.. I see about a 10 degree drop when I cap the nail and about a 4 or 5 degree overshoot when I uncap.

Nice unit.. you can tell its well made. I did expect better temperature control but I guess its as good as youre probably going to get.
With my Gimido Omron PID and Quartz Halo I get about a 6F drop when I carb cap it and then it overshoots maybe 3F afterwards. No overshoot on initial warmup as it slows down before reaching the set temp. Good to see that it's comparable to a D-Nail in performance and even better on warmup. The D-Nail 2.0 is supposed to offer a more accurate PID but I don't think most people can tell the difference, would be like the difference between a 3Ghz and 4Ghz computer nowadays.

Are you doing anything interesting with the extra outlet in the back of the 1.3? All I can think of would be an AC powered USB hub if you want to charge stuff next to your e-nail but you could also just plug it into the wall.

Stock comes and goes, I would check their site daily if you're waiting on something. If you got both dishes you'll save a bit of cash since they can share the same base. Also both work with the Sapphire insert, just make sure to get the one made for the Halo. A lot of people here are also fans of the Liger so it's another option to consider.

With my Gimido Omron PID and Quartz Halo I get about a 6F drop when I carb cap it and then it overshoots maybe 3F afterwards. No overshoot on initial warmup as it slows down before reaching the set temp. Good to see that it's comparable to a D-Nail in performance and even better on warmup. The D-Nail 2.0 is supposed to offer a more accurate PID but I don't think most people can tell the difference, would be like the difference between a 3Ghz and 4Ghz computer nowadays.

Are you doing anything interesting with the extra outlet in the back of the 1.3? All I can think of would be an AC powered USB hub if you want to charge stuff next to your e-nail but you could also just plug it into the wall.
Hey @Monsoon can you use the Sapphire insert from Dnail with the Liger banger?

Cannabis Connoisseur,
I have a VB2.0 as my primary dab machine I was looking for an alternate setup for variety. I was thinking a Dnail with a Liger Banger 20mm. Any thoughts suggestions? I'm a rookie with all this pid, coil, titanium and stuff that's why i just grabbed a VB2.0.
Looking for another kick ass setup!!
SiC seems to be a must! Definitely need to protect the Glass though!

Cannabis Connoisseur,

KimDracula

Yep, that's the boat I'm in as well. I may just wait a while, but I'm curious about the SiC and whether it could perform similarly to the VB2. I feel like Ti and quartz may not be up to snuff, making the EVO I already have almost as good an option as a new enail.

Yep, that's the boat I'm in as well. I may just wait a while, but I'm curious about the SiC and whether it could perform similarly to the VB2. I feel like Ti and quartz may not be up to snuff, making the EVO I already have almost as good an option as a new enail.
Yeah what you said! I want to be able to compare, SiC or Sapphire or Quartz is going to have to be pretty phenomenal to get with the VB2.0

Cannabis Connoisseur,

Monsoon

I think the EVO is good for light use but it gets to be a pain to keep everything clean with heavy use. I've been pretty happy with my Quartz Halo, I'd say it's flavour is comparable. I'd probably only look to upgrade to an e-nail if you think there's something missing.

Getting a Liger or D-Nail Halo setup from scratch is going to be about the same price in the end, I'd say it's a toss up between the two until we get more direct comparison reviews between the two.

Monsoon,

KimDracula

I definitely agree, @Monsoon . I only really feel like I'm missing something when the VB2 is out for service, but not a whole lot because the EVO does perform very well, so I'm still not sure about investing in another system. The reputed performance of the SiC in particular has me curious but I may end up just seeing where the technology goes in a year or so and get maximum use out of the (expensive) units I already own. If I were dabbing exclusively perhaps it would be a different story. I do appreciate the input in any case.

chainz

With my Gimido Omron PID and Quartz Halo I get about a 6F drop when I carb cap it and then it overshoots maybe 3F afterwards. No overshoot on initial warmup as it slows down before reaching the set temp. Good to see that it's comparable to a D-Nail in performance and even better on warmup.

I think people should look into tuning the PID in their enail units, iv found that tuning for a specific nail (Or Coil) will have better results than using the same settings for everything. An example of this, on my Gimido 'Elite Dabs' unit; It was shipped with the following settings programed by Gimido:
P: 005.8
I: 0025
D: 0005

I found it to work OKAY with these, but it was overshooting back and forth without ever locking into the set temperature.
I started messing around with the settings trying to tune the Titanium nail (With Flat Coil) that was included, iv settled on:
P: 003.8
I: 0042
D: 0008

These settings work great for this nail and coil combo (InfiTI knock off+ Flat Coil) , heats up quickly with no overshoot and locks into the set temp until you cap it; but when i plug in my Dnail Lotus Adapter (Flower Nail) this is no longer the case. It undershoots and never stabilizes at the set temp, bouncing back and fourth 5-10 degrees.
So i went ahead and tuned it again, but this time for the flower nail:
P: 003.3
I: 0007
D: 0012

These worked very well for me but seemed to still have issues, currently iv been using:
P: 003.5

I think this is a topic that has the potential to improve how we use the current generation of enails, but should probably be considered in next gen enails. An enail that can remember my nails and their respective PID settings seems more next generation than slapping a touch screen and usb ports on something.

Monsoon

I think people should look into tuning the PID in their enail units, iv found that tuning for a specific nail (Or Coil) will have better results than using the same settings for everything. An example of this, on my Gimido 'Elite Dabs' unit; It was shipped with the following settings programed by Gimido:
P: 005.8
I: 0025
D: 0005

I found it to work OKAY with these, but it was overshooting back and forth without ever locking into the set temperature.
I started messing around with the settings trying to tune the Titanium nail (With Flat Coil) that was included, iv settled on:
P: 003.8
I: 0042

These settings work great for this nail and coil combo (InfiTI knock off+ Flat Coil) , heats up quickly with no overshoot and locks into the set temp until you cap it; but when i plug in my Dnail Lotus Adapter (Flower Nail) this is no longer the case. It undershoots and never stabilizes at the set temp, bouncing back and fourth 5-10 degrees.
So i went ahead and tuned it again, but this time for the flower nail:
P: 003.3
D: 0012

These worked very well for me but seemed to still have issues, currently iv been using:
P: 003.5

I think this is a topic that has the potential to improve how we use the current generation of enails, but should probably be considered in next gen enails. An enail that can remember my nails and their respective PID settings seems more next generation than slapping a touch screen and usb ports on something.
You can try using the auto-tuning feature too and it should give you better values:

enail_instructions_1024x1024.png

enail_instructions_page_2_1024x1024.png

(from http://www.thickassglass.com/products/electric-e-nail-heater-box-and-coil)

Stoneyk

Just picked up one of these bad boys from the cannabis cup
Almost picked up the dr.dabber but wow the hits off this nail are so bomb.
Tried both and by far prefer the cloud, its bigger for sure but tha batteries last forever it seems ive not charged mine since saturday an i dab all day everyday and have been showing it off to friends lettin them dab off it too.
This nail heats up twice as fast as the smaller dr.dabber too.

The Cons
Its big an kinda heavy because of the huge battery
The glass piece kinda sags on the joint because the glass is heavy, instead of sitting perfectly flush it tends to lean towards the tube side of the glass from the weight. No air leaks but it seems like an issue that will get worse with time and repeated use.
Cant use a reg carb cap the glass that surrounds the nail is like 2"diameter, they provide one but its very large and clumsy feeling, i miss being able to use my hive carb cap.

Im gonna have my local glass blower do me a nice worked cap with a hole in the top that will accomadate standard carb caps, should be a easy fix.

All in all minus the few lil draw backs ive mentioned it is a great product!
When it gets down to brass tacks it just works great, you can get picky aboit a gew things but after tryin em all the cloud gets the win because of the huge low temp terpy hits it gives and the way it pulls, i find myself taking much bigger hits now than before because its so much smoother.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Are you talking about the portable enail? My roomate just showed me a video about that the other day, looked pretty sweet! Not worth it for me personally, but I liked the whole form function of it all

HellsWindStaff,

TelFiRE

This is the best place to talk about Sic dish right? I just ordered one, looking forward to trying it. Hope it's as good as everyone says, I do love low temp dabs and hate seeing so much vapor trail so it sounds like it's the nail for me.

Is there any advice for maintaining the Sic nail? In the past I've just had cheap quartz nails and not really worried too much about it, getting a new one if it got really bad.

I wonder if there could ever be a forum with threads for each individual nail, like there is vaporizers? I think that would be pretty nice since dabbing is getting huge.

holy shit 800 degrees is low temp

Who knows where they're measuring from though, if it's the heating element it is hotter than the actual dish gets.

Last edited:
TelFiRE,
Reactions: rolln_j

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
This is the best place to talk about Sic dish right? I just ordered one, looking forward to trying it. Hope it's as good as everyone says, I do love low temp dabs and hate seeing so much vapor trail so it sounds like it's the nail for me.

Is there any advice for maintaining the Sic nail? In the past I've just had cheap quartz nails and not really worried too much about it, getting a new one if it got really bad.

I wonder if there could ever be a forum with threads for each individual nail, like there is vaporizers? I think that would be pretty nice since dabbing is getting huge.

Who knows where they're measuring from though, if it's the heating element it is hotter than the actual dish gets.
Torch the fuck out of it to clean it and using the q-tip tech between hits keeps the flavor on point.

MileHighLife,
Reactions: rolln_j

TelFiRE

Haha, I thought this thing was enail only. I can't imagine torching a nail this expensive *shudder*

Thanks :D Sounds good! Just didn't want to make any major mistakes with my first nice nail haha.

Got my Sic today!! It truly lives up to its name on flavor at low temps, and smaller vapor trails. That said, I think the thing about it being less harsh is just not true. But who knows. I wonder if we'll ever see the science on something like this.

Last edited:
TelFiRE,

rolln_j

Haha, I thought this thing was enail only. I can't imagine torching a nail this expensive *shudder*

Thanks :D Sounds good! Just didn't want to make any major mistakes with my first nice nail haha.

Got my Sic today!! It truly lives up to its name on flavor at low temps, and smaller vapor trails. That said, I think the thing about it being less harsh is just not true. But who knows. I wonder if we'll ever see the science on something like this.

no man the sic is torch friendly and can hold up fine as long as your using a butane torch

Top Bottom