Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I made a detailed post on the difference between new/old screens in this thread a while back. Believe I was the first person to point this out. Originally, the new style seemed alright.

Unfortunately, I have to report now that the new version does not hold up as well. I would torch the old double weaves to remove buildup about once a week. They lasted at least 6 months doing this.

New ones go RIP in 2-3 months. I also barely used it, so maybe 2-4 weeks of real usage. Don't have anymore so I can't test, but the one I had just fell apart at the edge. It's not that i wouldn't use them, but they require more care.

I have a few old double weave left, and I am washing them in alcohol with a brush so they last much longer. Do it once a week or every few days depending on use.

I wonder whats causing that then, as it appears like they should be stronger. Interesting find.

I used to torch mine too, BURN IT CLEAN! :) But it is a very aggressive way to be cleaning, and bound to shorten their life.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I made a detailed post on the difference between new/old screens in this thread a while back. Believe I was the first person to point this out. Originally, the new style seemed alright.

Unfortunately, I have to report now that the new version does not hold up as well. I would torch the old double weaves to remove buildup about once a week. They lasted at least 6 months doing this.

New ones go RIP in 2-3 months. I also barely used it, so maybe 2-4 weeks of real usage. Don't have anymore so I can't test, but the one I had just fell apart at the edge. It's not that i wouldn't use them, but they require more care.

I have a few old double weave left, and I am washing them in alcohol with a brush so they last much longer. Do it once a week or every few days depending on use.

Great update. Never got to buy the 2x weave. The way I’ll extend the “newer” versions, is when bowl is done, I use de-bowler first, gets the big stuff, then the use soft brush for a sweep, then a medium stiff SS brush to scrap the Ti screen, and follow up with the soft brush. Ready for another clean bowl, sounds like a bunch of steps, takes less then 1 minutes. And thus, spares me from torch cleaning, which at least for me would be a last ditch recovery attempt, before realizing its time for the new one, geez glad I ordered some spares. Torching, similar to heating up the titanium coils I build for ECig modes, degrades the Ti with each heatup cycle.

thevapist

Yes, burning them does decrease life span. Very quick clean though when you are using it heavily. But there's no doubt the new ones aren't as hardy. Not a huge deal though.

@RustyOldNail Brushing seems to work well if you keep up with it. I have the brush attachment for my duff tray, but don't really use it. My duff goes straight into a jar now as it's less cleanup and vaped bits all over.

If i let it go for a few days it needs flame or solvent. Concentrate also seems to make this cleaning process a little harder. That shit forms a layer that isn't going anywhere.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Yes, burning them does decrease life span. Very quick clean though when you are using it heavily. But there's no doubt the new ones aren't as hardy. Not a huge deal though.

@RustyOldNail Brushing seems to work well if you keep up with it. I have the brush attachment for my duff tray, but don't really use it. My duff goes straight into a jar now as it's less cleanup and vaped bits all over.

If i let it go for a few days it needs flame or solvent. Concentrate also seems to make this cleaning process a little harder. That shit forms a layer that isn't going anywhere.

All true. Gladly I don’t mix the flower and the concentrates, for cleaning purposes. Cleaning dab stuff almost seems like different chemistry at times. For both, I almost enjoyed the torture of trying different commercial as well as internet DIY recipes. Most work as described, and I employ most of them depending on the material and desired results.

Responding to this older post, in case anyone is unaware that NV is NO longer selling the Ti “double screens”. I confirmed this with NV support, as originally the DW screens showed as out of stock, the 1st response was they are coming in soon, then a few weeks later when I followed up, was told the 3-pack that’s listed, are the newer ones, and all they will carry for now.

Asked which ones I had received in my last order, and was told, I “probably”, have the new ones, not confidence inspiring, and not sure how to tell the difference. I looked at the two images of the old/new screens on the link below, and still don’t know what I ended up with. Oh well....

These:

https://www.newvape.com/titanium-screens-5-pack

Site description:
These screens are are a higher quality screen that closely resemble the Original Double Weave Screen and a big upgrade from the original screens. These heavy duty screens should last years!
The fact that they no longer sell double weave screens is a huge bummer.
Does anyone know any other source for double weave screens?

BV Brothchild,
Reactions: BigJr48

Baron23

Well, if wanted you can still get double weave here:

https://www.errlectric.com/index.ph...ng/product/53-errlectric-titanium-mesh-screen

What I don't understand is that I think I remember Edwyn saying that they bought some tooling to make the dw screens...to cut them out of stock material....and that's why they were a tiny bit smaller than from other sources??? So, why quit making them??

Matty

Thats adding EVERYTHING to the conversation :)

You made a wise choice :)

Thanks! Been wanting one forever. I told myself I'd be stimulating the economy during these trying times to finally get myself to pull the trigger :lol:

Now I'm just staring at my email constantly waiting for the shipping notice... I should probably take a walk or something!

Gigsabits53

Thanks! Been wanting one forever. I told myself I'd be stimulating the economy during these trying times to finally get myself to pull the trigger :lol:

Now I'm just staring at my email constantly waiting for the shipping notice... I should probably take a walk or something!
You are in for a real treat! I use my FP daily, it's a workhorse!
I use mine as a one hitter, usually one level scoop from the NewVape loading tool, set your temp to your liking, and blast off! The ritual of loading a bowl and clearing a hit, dumping the bowl, and loading another bowl has become addicting in itself.

It's the best vape I've ever used. You will love it!!:)

jr1xt1

Hope this is an okay section to ask about it, was wondering if anyone had experience going from the epicvape e-nano to the FP vrod. I love my nano, easily my favorite vaping device, but I'm beginning to want a better way to dab concentrates. Currently I just sandwich shatter or crumble in the middle of some flower, so being able to dab properly off the same unit I use flower for would be amazing.

Only disadvantages of the FP seem to be that it needs more space, it needs to be hit through glass, and it's expensive. I don't really use my nano unless I have it plugged into some glass, so I don't think the second point is a big issue for me.

Has anyone else done a similar upgrade path?

thevapist

Hope this is an okay section to ask about it, was wondering if anyone had experience going from the epicvape e-nano to the FP vrod. I love my nano, easily my favorite vaping device, but I'm beginning to want a better way to dab concentrates. Currently I just sandwich shatter or crumble in the middle of some flower, so being able to dab properly off the same unit I use flower for would be amazing.

Only disadvantages of the FP seem to be that it needs more space, it needs to be hit through glass, and it's expensive. I don't really use my nano unless I have it plugged into some glass, so I don't think the second point is a big issue for me.

Has anyone else done a similar upgrade path?

My VROD sits in a little corner of a granite countertop. Does not take much room at all. VROD you also save on not needing multiple devices, so saved space.

Why is glass a negative? I personally hate dry hits as they kill my throat and lungs, I don't care about the terp stripping argument. Well worth it. The glass also plays a huge role in how the draw feels and your resistance. Love using any glass I want. Also makes it feel way more bongy and closer to traditional use, rather than some lab device you stick your mouth on.

Expensive is relative. Buy VROD and be set for life, or keep buying tons of mediocre products that will take up way more space, money, and time ;)

The essential pieces you need to get setup and going aren't even that much... you are probably looking at lots of extra but nice quality of life stuff. Well worth getting the whole setup, though. Wait for 4/20 sale.

jr1xt1

My VROD sits in a little corner of a granite countertop. Does not take much room at all. VROD you also save on not needing multiple devices, so saved space.

Why is glass a negative? I personally hate dry hits as they kill my throat and lungs, I don't care about the terp stripping argument. Well worth it. The glass also plays a huge role in how the draw feels and your resistance. Love using any glass I want. Also makes it feel way more bongy and closer to traditional use, rather than some lab device you stick your mouth on.

Expensive is relative. Buy VROD and be set for life, or keep buying tons of mediocre products that will take up way more space, money, and time ;)

The essential pieces you need to get setup and going aren't even that much... you are probably looking at lots of extra but nice quality of life stuff. Well worth getting the whole setup, though. Wait for 4/20 sale.

I think we're on the same page, was mostly trying to think of potential user experience differences between the nano and the vrod. Thinking the flowerpot design is too attractive to pass up, and waiting until the sale is definitely the way to go

jr1xt1,
Top Bottom