Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I was sooo on the fence about d-cup and t-bucket, but every time I check them out I just ask myself if i really want another PID/coil/head on my counter. The answer is still no for myself.

The main difference is devices like the Dcup vaporize oils without passing them through a hot convection heat exchanger. This provides smoother and more flavorful vapor as you aren't mixing in convection air.

I'd like to see some double blind quartz vs sic vs ruby etc taste tests.

I've compared them all extensively on a dual XLR controller. That was how I first made the above observation that my SiC Halo on Slim Series base was smoother than my VROD with SiC Halo.
Beyond that the VROD is still probably the best single vaporizer for flower and concentrate, but there are some valid benefits of a separate setup.

:2c:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Edit on phone - spell check butchers everything typing on this website.

Just figured I'd share this.

I have sleeping problems. No med card. MA dispos almost cost half a grand for an oz. 1g concentrates pushing $80 at times.

In a week I'll be living off savings for a awhile. I've been thinking of getting a basic rosin press to help save money in the long run.

The other idea I have is just use the flowerpot cause it extracts dab amounts of vapor.

I filled the fp bowl about 3/4 and tamped it down, took a long milky slow draw through the fc-ufo and a hydrotube+whip. I couldnt finish the draw. Took the bowl off and it's cooked. Recollected some oxygen and cleared the rest of the vapor from the glass.

It's like a dab but full spectrum, and no messy resin.

I think im going to pass on a rosin press for now. Maybe pick of concentrates here and there.

Gotta reconnect with the Grass Roots folk for affordable bud!

Anyone use a reclaim catcher with the flowerpot?

Dont forget theres always the old hair straightener trick to make dabs here n there. It works absolutely fine if you just want the occasional dab. I used to do this daily :) The resultant squashed bud chips are activated and useful for food, or even vaping if desperate.

Reclaim catcher with FP, sometimes yes, sometimes no. Currently yes, with the tbucket. Yes, the reclaim catcher will steal vapour and terps from your hit, but what it steals it eventually gives back should you be in the middle of a flower/concentrates drought.

Or just get a glass piece that is easy to recover the reclaim from.

EDIT TO ADD: I do find, however, that there is a world of difference between flower vape reclaim and concentrates reclaim. One is really nice, the other is still just effective but tastes like fucking dogshit (IMHO) :)

Last edited:

thevapist

The main difference is devices like the Dcup vaporize oils without passing them through a hot convection heat exchanger. This provides smoother and more flavorful vapor as you aren't mixing in convection air.

I've compared them all extensively on a dual XLR controller. That was how I first made the above observation that my SiC Halo on Slim Series base was smoother than my VROD with SiC Halo.
Beyond that the VROD is still probably the best single vaporizer for flower and concentrate, but there are some valid benefits of a separate setup.

:2c:

I'll wait for the double blinds :)

thevapist,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
I'm ashamed to say I had no idea this thing existed until yesterday. However, I'm proud to say I ordered the VROD bundle. I'm glad I checked this thread for the coupon code as I'm not on FC much. I haven't been this excited since I bought my original Cloud EVO 6 years ago.

I just realized that this year makes it 10 years since I stopped smoking blunts entirely and switched to primarily vaporizing. I nearly forgot my own anniversary but I'm making up for it by gifting myself the FP :D

lazylathe

Almost there...
I need some input from all of the @NewVape710 fanatics!
Only herb vaporists need to reply as I never do concentrates of any kind.

I have recently started using my Showerhead again and it has been slaying me!
Flavor, clouds and effects are all top notch as always!
I use the old Ti bowls that have names, ShovelHead and PanHead i think and love them!
One has an EQ basket and the other the double weave Ti mesh screen.

I also still have my OG 16mm Flowerpot with the quartz dish! It still gets used every now and then.

So my question is this:

Is upgrading to the Weed Eater going to improve my experience in any way?
Is it more efficient and what are it's secrets?

TIA!
:rockon:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I need some input from all of the @NewVape710 fanatics!
Only herb vaporists need to reply as I never do concentrates of any kind.

I have recently started using my Showerhead again and it has been slaying me!
Flavor, clouds and effects are all top notch as always!
I use the old Ti bowls that have names, ShovelHead and PanHead i think and love them!
One has an EQ basket and the other the double weave Ti mesh screen.

I also still have my OG 16mm Flowerpot with the quartz dish! It still gets used every now and then.

So my question is this:

Is upgrading to the Weed Eater going to improve my experience in any way?
Is it more efficient and what are it's secrets?

TIA!
:rockon:
I own both the original ShowerHead and a WeedEater and am only using Flower. That stated, I do not feel the difference between the two is distinguishable other than the ShowerHead has slightly more mass and at the exact same temperatures with the exact same PID and coil you may see slightly better vapor on the SH. Is it more efficient? That’s not discernible unless you want to take the stance that more heated mass transfers heat to air better, but one could also consider that splitting hairs.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I own both the original ShowerHead and a WeedEater and am only using Flower. That stated, I do not feel the difference between the two is distinguishable other than the ShowerHead has slightly more mass and at the exact same temperatures with the exact same PID and coil you may see slightly better vapor on the SH. Is it more efficient? That’s not discernible unless you want to take the stance that more heated mass transfers heat to air better, but one could also consider that splitting hairs.

Thanks Yamon! I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Very happy with the SH performance, so will just stick with it.
Loving the purple and gold colors it has developed.
I have also learned to love using both the larger flat weave Ti screen bowl and the micro-dosing EQ modded bowl. They both provide different types of hits and flavors, nice and versatile.

The one thing I do like about the WeedEater is it is aesthetically pleasing to look at! LOL!

lazylathe,

snamuh

ghost
Thanks Yamon! I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Very happy with the SH performance, so will just stick with it.
Loving the purple and gold colors it has developed.
I have also learned to love using both the larger flat weave Ti screen bowl and the micro-dosing EQ modded bowl. They both provide different types of hits and flavors, nice and versatile.

The one thing I do like about the WeedEater is it is aesthetically pleasing to look at! LOL!
ive actually been playing around with bowl reduction recently.

I took the screen out of my bowl and lowered the joint stem so that there was a space between the bottom of the regular fp bowl and the top of the joint stem. From here you can do two things; Put a screen in, to lay flat on the joint stem creating a smaller bowl, or put in a volcano/mighty capsule in.

I feel like using a mighty capsule adds some conduction... and i think i like it. (i raise my temp to 750, sounds like a lot, but it works for me.)

snamuh,

lazylathe

Almost there...
ive actually been playing around with bowl reduction recently.

I took the screen out of my bowl and lowered the joint stem so that there was a space between the bottom of the regular fp bowl and the top of the joint stem. From here you can do two things; Put a screen in, to lay flat on the joint stem creating a smaller bowl, or put in a volcano/mighty capsule in.

I feel like using a mighty capsule adds some conduction... and i think i like it. (i raise my temp to 750, sounds like a lot, but it works for me.)

I have had an EQ basket adapter for this vape since day one which was when it was released.
Quite a while ago...LOL!
I try and mod all my vapes to use an EQ basket for efficiency and I prefer the full convection profiles.
I cannot stand any conduction, my Mighty sits unused because it makes me cough like crazy!

Try the EQ basket. It is much easier to handle than a hot capsule!
I do use a capsule when I do use my Mighty, mostly when people come over for ease of use...

EDIT:
Had to add this...
The SH works extremely well with tiny amounts of herb spread over the screen.
Amazing flavor, great clouds and effects!
One hitters like this is where you will find me!

snamuh

ghost
I have had an EQ basket adapter for this vape since day one which was when it was released.
Quite a while ago...LOL!
I try and mod all my vapes to use an EQ basket for efficiency and I prefer the full convection profiles.
I cannot stand any conduction, my Mighty sits unused because it makes me cough like crazy!

Try the EQ basket. It is much easier to handle than a hot capsule!
I do use a capsule when I do use my Mighty, mostly when people come over for ease of use...

EDIT:
Had to add this...
The SH works extremely well with tiny amounts of herb spread over the screen.
Amazing flavor, great clouds and effects!
One hitters like this is where you will find me!
Agree with all that pretty much!

I was going to bring up that I could notice the aluminium mighty capsule taste. It does effect my throat more.

I usually end up with the regular fp bowl at the end of the day.

What temp do you use for basket screens?

Pablopicasso

Order submitted, one more step from combustion, eager excitement.
good luck you are the right place:rockon:
I fucked combustion no long ago...
I find my right spot at 635f(weed eater and love flavor and potency.

Last edited:
Pablopicasso,
Reactions: snamuh

thevapist

I've asked before and don't think anyone responded, but what is the science behind the lack of reclaim buildup in the VROD head? I use this thing constantly, and whenever I take the head apart, it's absolutely perfect inside. How does the vapor path stay so clean? Does the constant heat in the head just burn this stuff off? Does reclaim/resin not stick to hot metal that well?

Tons of flower and concentrates through this, just can't figure it out.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've asked before and don't think anyone responded, but what is the science behind the lack of reclaim buildup in the VROD head? I use this thing constantly, and whenever I take the head apart, it's absolutely perfect inside. How does the vapor path stay so clean? Does the constant heat in the head just burn this stuff off? Does reclaim/resin not stick to hot metal that well?

Cause the vapor passes through the heat exchanger which keeps the vapor in phase instead of losing temperature and condensing.

okc0mputer

gotta love the benefits of simplicity, if only the perfect portable could be machined out of titanium as well...

okc0mputer,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

It stays too hot for the vapor to condense on it.

Top Bottom