Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Stonedbadger

@NewVape710 sorry but your new web page is only good for people in the US and Canada, I can't order from Australia

Wondering what the plans for the rest of the world? It's such a shame that it's so difficult

Last edited:
Stonedbadger,
And i have an old bowl, which was sticking to the glass, but i managed to place couple of O-rings on it and now it doesn t stick anymore.
Hopefully they ll sell the post and the bowl on Vapefiend soon.
Btw what s the diference between Shovelhead and Panhead. Panhead seems more solid due to the extra material, so it might stay warm a little longer or not..maybe someone enlightens me :)

darkspider64,
Reactions: BigJr48

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I own both. I'd say the only difference is cosmetic.
I agree with @emmdeemo. As far as heat retention is concerned neither retains a lot of heat, for how long are you really letting the head rest on the bowl? Typically only for the duration of your draw, if not a little less for you need to clear you water piece. Why not get both!?! For me that helps keep strains separate and I almost always have a Indica dominant and a Sativa dominant strain in play.

tb42091

The good part about the 2 piece bowls is you can adjust the post length to your piece/joint, so I just set the post at the perfect spot, a tiny bit short of bottoming all the way out in the joint so my bowls never stick. The lip of the bowl still rests on top of the joints rim.

The one piece bowls were static so it bottomed out no matter what then once its heated up during use it sticks. I havent used my one piece bowl since I got the two piece because of this.

The good part about the 2 piece bowls is you can adjust the post length to your piece/joint, so I just set the post at the perfect spot, a tiny bit short of bottoming all the way out in the joint so my bowls never stick. The lip of the bowl still rests on top of the joints rim.

The one piece bowls were static so it bottomed out no matter what then once its heated up during use it sticks. I havent used my one piece bowl since I got the two piece because of this.
I am still using the old bowl, because vapefiend doesn t have a post for the new bowls..waiting for 3 months for it to restock and still waiting..
I did a quick fix to the older model bowl by puttin 5-6 O-rings at the bottom (usually the black ones are better for heat) and there s no more sticking. Here s a picture so you get a better glimpse of the fix: https://imgur.com/a/rvb0Z

darkspider64,
Reactions: tb42091

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Thank you for the support at the new store. International orders are coming thru. Please let me know if you have any problems with the new store.
I bought a couple items the afternoon of 2/3 and got an email yesterday from the processor that my payment had been processed, however, the funds are still in my account and a closer look at the email says it'll be 3-7 days before the funds actually transfer. Seems like a very long time to process an electronic transfer - no?

bizwaxzion,
Reactions: BigJr48

snamuh

ghost
@snamuh thank you for the wonderful illustration. I was diffently over thinking it. Your suggestion appears to be 2 products. 1) rdk cover and 2) flowerpot peak connection device. Used separate or together. Do you have much faith that the peak / carta eco systems are hear to stay? To me the verdict is still out as I don't feel they compare to the preformance of a legacy 18mm desktop rigs. The small air hole in the peak might be a limiting factor for flower. I can see about assembling some parts for testing.
Don't worry about it! At the moment I shouldn't be spending money. I get a lot of ideas and just figured I'd share!

To be honest i have never used the Peak/Carta glass. I just think that the "wpa" idea could add some versatility. Like @emmdeemo mentioned there's always the option of jus using a regular glass piece, this is basically what i do now... i have the FP on the FC-UFO and a whip as the mouthpiece, and I have the adapters to use a hydrotube if want to... so the idea isn't really and out-of-necessity thing, it's more of a complete package. ...i guess?

As for the Auber cover - I think maybe i'll just try to make a wood version of the base/stand and make a cut sized to fit [any] PID without being covered. I definitely need to research this stuff.

snamuh,

tb42091

I am still using the old bowl, because vapefiend doesn t have a post for the new bowls..waiting for 3 months for it to restock and still waiting..
I did a quick fix to the older model bowl by puttin 5-6 O-rings at the bottom (usually the black ones are better for heat) and there s no more sticking. Here s a picture so you get a better glimpse of the fix: https://imgur.com/a/rvb0Z
That's a solid work around honestly! You'll be happy to upgrade, I originally bought only the one piece myself and eventually the sticking got annoying.

The 2 piece can still get stuck if you dont set the post at the right height though.

tb42091,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

Totally agree, I went with the ShovelHead bowl, didn’t know the PanHead was a fixed post. I can’t speak for the heat that’s transferred to the glass joint as I’m waiting on my WeedEater order. But using my DCup with the 14mm male post, I learned early that after it heats up, and expanded, it wasn’t coming out till cool down. Usually I leave it on the glass rig, but at times I want to transfer it to the small aluminum NewVape accessory stand. So I bought one of these overpriced PTFE JOINT protectors. It works, little twist on the heating coil handle and the DCup comes right out. But as someone already mentioned, if you are putting your VRod or WeedEater on the bowl for short periods of time, the heat to the glass joint might not make it stick anyway. I like products that are flexible, and the ShovelHead seemed smart.

PTFE JOINT PROTECTORS:

https://d-nail.com/d-nail-ptfe-joint-protector/

Last edited:

snamuh

ghost
Totally agree, I went with the ShovelHead bowl, didn’t know the PanHead was a fixed post. I can’t speak for the heat that’s transferred to the glass joint as I’m waiting on my WeedEater order. But using my DCup with the 14mm male post, I learned early that after it heats up, and expanded, it wasn’t coming out till cool down. Usually I leave it on the glass rig, but at times I want to transfer it to the small aluminum NewVape accessory stand. So I bought one of these overpriced PTFE JOINT protectors. It works, little twist on the heating coil handle and the DCup comes right out. But as someone already mentioned, if you are putting your VRod or WeedEater on the bowl for short periods of time, the heat to the glass joint might not make it stick anyway. I like products that are flexible, and the ShovelHead seemed smart.

PTFE JOINT PROTECTORS:

https://d-nail.com/d-nail-ptfe-joint-protector/
The panhead and shovelhead are both two piece. The one piece bowl was before those two came out I think.

Also I think panhead and shovelhead references to motorcycles. I believe someone here expanded on the topic a long time ago.

Harley-Davidson-Engines-7--3184-default-large.jpeg

RustyOldNail

The panhead and shovelhead are both two piece. The one piece bowl was before those two came out I think.

Also I think panhead and shovelhead references to motorcycles. I believe someone here expanded on the topic a long time ago.

Harley-Davidson-Engines-7--3184-default-large.jpeg

Was this the first version?

https://www.newvape.com/flowerpot-male-body-with-handle

It was thrown in as a gift I assume on one of my NewVape orders, didn’t know what to think of it...

RustyOldNail

That was an older version, yes (edit: I dont think it was the first but possibly, certainly the breakaway handle is way back)

You had to bring up the “handle”, I still don’t get the design idea, and I’ve read the product description a few times:

“This Flowerpot 14 mm Male Body w/ Handle is intended to be the weak link in the Flowerpot system. Having this handle breakaway will minimize the torque applied to the glass joint when attempting to remove the flowerpot bowl. This feature will help protect the glass. Please don't try and bend or form this handle. The handle has holes drilled thru to allow the hemp wick to have a knot tied in the end. It's not a solid bar. Please allow the bowl 1-2 min to cool down before removal.”

So if you grabbed the handle and the bowl was stuck, and you applied too much torque, the handle was supposed to break? Edwyn, what were you vaping back then.... just kidding, innovation has to start somewhere.

Top Bottom