Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

spieges88

Flower performance really isnt different enough to bother talking about unless its getting into tiny details.

Showerhead is a Ti dabbing surface. The Weedeater is concentrates on top of flower (no dab surface).

I'd personally agree with NV CS and go VRod. Dabbing on that is far superior to using Ti.
Perfect! Think I'm just about ready then. So just about any carb cap will work though? Thanks!

spieges88,
Reactions: EmDeemo

started@52

Question for Vrod Dabbers.
What temperature do you use if just dabbing BH rosin in the NV sic dish, no flower. I have just been using my flower setting, 625-675. Had it set at 655 last night and it left quite a puddle, a lot more then bho wax or shatter.

started@52,
Reactions: Cilleire

Cilleire

EuroVapeSim2
I run 615 on my controller for capped flower hits, I keep the same temp for concentrates, I dont find much of a pool building but I do small dabs. I'm going to try raising the temps closer to 700 tonight and see if I don't cough my lungs out.

Cilleire,

Coustu

Am I the only one who wants those insulated wooden handles for my shovelhead bowls? Already have one for carb cap. Waste of $? Or is it that I just love this company’s products that much that I can’t stop buying their shit? LOL!

Last edited:

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
You just love our stuff so much! lol

Insulated handle is one of my personal favorite new accessories that we have. I totally see the appeal in it.

Sorry to just chime in so sporadically guys, been quite busy, but Im always watching :ninja:

Am I the only one who wants those insulated wooden handles for my shovelhead bowls? Already have one for carb cap. Waste of $? Or is it that I just love this company’s products that much that I can’t stop buying their shit? LOL!

kimura

I would advise folks not to put too much weight into what temps other folks are running. I have two different NV controllers and they are very different (one runs hotter than the other). I like to go as low as I can while still blowing massive clouds and getting full extraction of a shallow bowl in about 3 draws. this means around 645 on my original controller, but on my newer controller that would be too hot. you really have to figure it out yourself.

I still use the SH through a bubbler (but with no water). I actually use the old lollicap with the SH instead of the showercap. it doesn't fully seal, which might seem weird, but it gives a good balance of lowering pressure in the bowl without restricting airflow very much. it really works great.

started@52

I would advise folks not to put too much weight into what temps other folks are running. I have two different NV controllers and they are very different (one runs hotter than the other). I like to go as low as I can while still blowing massive clouds and getting full extraction of a shallow bowl in about 3 draws. this means around 645 on my original controller, but on my newer controller that would be too hot. you really have to figure it out yourself.

I still use the SH through a bubbler (but with no water). I actually use the old lollicap with the SH instead of the showercap. it doesn't fully seal, which might seem weird, but it gives a good balance of lowering pressure in the bowl without restricting airflow very much. it really works great.
Are you using the same coil on both controllers? At one time I had 3 NV controllers and I could not tell the difference between any of them with the same coil and head. Do you do an auto tune after you switch coils and or heads?

nodrog

Question about the NewVape PID/controller: I have it set at 580 degrees. When I turn it on, it goes up to about 612, then down to about 560. Eventually it hovers closer to 580, but still fluctuates above and below that point quite a bit. Is this normal?

kimura

Are you using the same coil on both controllers? At one time I had 3 NV controllers and I could not tell the difference between any of them with the same coil and head. Do you do an auto tune after you switch coils and or heads?

that's a good question and honestly I don't remember if I used the same coil. I might not have. you've inspired me to repeat the experiment

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Question about the NewVape PID/controller: I have it set at 580 degrees. When I turn it on, it goes up to about 612, then down to about 560. Eventually it hovers closer to 580, but still fluctuates above and below that point quite a bit. Is this normal?

You might want to “retune” your NV PID controller first.
If that’s not helping, you might need to tighten the coil to the inside of the head???
Do your FP head rattles, or coil moves sideways or up and down, while attached to each other???

Which head are we talking about???
SH, VROD or WE???
Did you hand tighten everything??
If a VROD, is the dish secure, or loose??
Stay vaped!!!
Mantente de la mente!!!

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
I know what you did, bro.

Well thats not creepy at all :)

I hope you werent watching me do that thing last that I shouldnt have done!

It actually is normal. So the long answer on this is that there are two schools of thought. On some PID's you will see that the temperature simply reaches the target temp gradually whereas, our NV controllers are programmed to overshoot the target temp and then come drop and settle into the target.

The desired result is quicker heating times. These heating "curves" can be modified and re programmed on these controllers to suit your needs.

But I've personally never had any interest in doing so.

Bumping Spheda

Like @newvape918 said, the reason the PID overshoots a bit is to make sure everything is at temp by the time it reaches your desired temperature. Have you ever tried dabbing the second your PID settles on your temp? The dish isn't usually hot enough for me, I have to let the dish heat soak for another 30 seconds to 1 minutes. The PID can be off your desired temp by more than 5 degrees sometimes, but it'll work itself itself out, nothing to really worry about, I find my NV PID keeps very stable temps.

Bumping Spheda,
Reactions: Summer

nodrog

It actually is normal. So the long answer on this is that there are two schools of thought. On some PID's you will see that the temperature simply reaches the target temp gradually whereas, our NV controllers are programmed to overshoot the target temp and then come drop and settle into the target.

The desired result is quicker heating times. These heating "curves" can be modified and re programmed on these controllers to suit your needs.

But I've personally never had any interest in doing so.

Thank you! I have had an enail before, and it seemed the range this one vacillates between is pretty big, but I'm not worried about it.

nodrog,
Reactions: Chris_CH

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Thank you! I have had an enail before, and it seemed the range this one vacillates between is pretty big, but I'm not worried about it.

Dont forget as well that if you're putting the head on a cold metal or glass bowl, that might sitting in cold glass, and then a cold carb cap, theres a whole bunch of stuff sucking heat out of the FP on that first use.

Then theres obviously the type of glass, level of water and draw speed, etc.

Once all the parts that do get hot are heated up tho, even if you leave them to cool momentarily, the reheat time is significantly shorter. So a little pre heating can help reduce temp drops and over shoots.

You could always pre heat everything while the bowl is empty and do a PID auto tune, to be sure.

On the other hand, considering how high I always am while figuring this stuff out, its probably just over thinking everything and none of it really matters :rofl:

Alexis

On the other hand, considering how high I always am while figuring this stuff out, its probably just over thinking everything and none of it really matters :rofl:
Reality is a funny thing indeed, sometimes I swear we can literally just make it up and it still counts as real!
:lol:

Alexis,
Reactions: EmDeemo

Alexis

My reality right now is pineapple express rosin, chocolate, coffee. All the food groups covered.
Sounds tasty and well balanced, enjoy! Talking of rosin, I twisted buddy Dave i to purchasing my idle Dabpress, so it will at last received the love and attention that it deserves.

My own reality is one forned out of Fantasmo express, edibles and the recently new to me herb Kratom. And what's an interesting one that has been so far. :nod:

Alexis,
Reactions: graydeh1

started@52

I see most people, like myself have the NV sic dish for the Vrod. Does anyone have a Quartz, D-nail sic, or Sapphire dish to compare? I have been incorporating a dab of rosin after a small flower bowl and really enjoying it better then at the same time. I set up two rigs(not necessary), one with a screen and flower and another with a glass bowl and no screen for the dab. I hit the flower first at 655°f then raise it up about 50° for the dab.

Warmaniac_209

Chocolate Milk Chug Meister
ive got the SiC dish, and my friend got the Sapphire dish, i use the NV controller, he use the Auber controller, i set my rig for 645 f on the PID, SiC dish, and my dabs are tasty yet still kick a punch, at the same temperature with the sapphire and auber, 645/650 f, the dabs are much harsher, you can dial down the temps a lot, but i find you need to lower too much to enjoy dabs, its funny, but i think SiC are better for combo hit, , but when you only want to enjoy low temps dabs, sapphire is the way to go, the taste cannot be compared, especialy when the dish has been used a little, SiC is a ceramic, no matter what, it absorb a little bit of oil and impurity, and alter the taste after some time, sapphire will never do this. depends what's your preferences, me i know i prefer the SiC, just because i enjoy my combo dabs so much, a green carpet, some shatter on top for convection dab effect + a small amount of sauce just for taste and pleasure on the dish !

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I see most people, like myself have the NV sic dish for the Vrod. Does anyone have a Quartz, D-nail sic, or Sapphire dish to compare? I have been incorporating a dab of rosin after a small flower bowl and really enjoying it better then at the same time. I set up two rigs(not necessary), one with a screen and flower and another with a glass bowl and no screen for the dab. I hit the flower first at 655°f then raise it up about 50° for the dab.

I had both the D-Nail SiC and the NV SiC. No noticeable difference tbh.

Top Bottom