Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Stoneager

In the Shadows
I purchased the tall straight tube piece from NV for that very reason. I have several other pieces that I have tried with my FP and I use the straight tube most of the time. It has a very wide open air flow. It reminds me of my teenage years taking huge bong rips in my bedroom with a tall piece I kept hidden in my closet.
Don't be fooled: your mamma knew what you thought was safely hidden away in your closet.
:lol:

thevapist

This is no ring country, boyz.

2wojpz.jpg

This has been discussed before and dismissed by some as complete rubbish, but I'm here to prove it's all true folks.

A few pages ago, I saw the Glass Symphony for the first time and wondered what was up with the beads. Alright, NASA document talking about air turbulence blah blah blah. But wait, this is EXACTLY what the pearls are doing to an extent when taking capped flower hits. I took it a step further and filled the VROD air shaft with pearls as well.

This is Sour Tangie kept with a 62% packet (not my choice), ground with the NV fine grinder, and vaped @ 625f. I get the same results at 690. It's slightly darker, but the key is it is very even coverage.

People can laugh if they want, but this 100% cures any dark ring, which was never that bad for me to begin with. I don't even stir anymore it's so even. The other added benefit is more pearls = more heat being held at temp due to added mass.

1v0k2y.jpg

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
This is no ring country, boyz.

2wojpz.jpg

This has been discussed before and dismissed by some as complete rubbish, but I'm here to prove it's all true folks.

A few pages ago, I saw the Glass Symphony for the first time and wondered what was up with the beads. Alright, NASA document talking about air turbulence blah blah blah. But wait, this is EXACTLY what the pearls are doing to an extent when taking capped flower hits. I took it a step further and filled the VROD air shaft with pearls as well.

This is Sour Tangie kept with a 62% packet (not my choice), ground with the NV fine grinder, and vaped @ 625f. I get the same results at 690. It's slightly darker, but the key is it is very even coverage.

People can laugh if they want, but this 100% cures any dark ring, which was never that bad for me to begin with. I don't even stir anymore it's so even. The other added benefit is more pearls = more heat being held at temp due to added mass.

1v0k2y.jpg

My first thought is that I am down with the logic behind this. My second thought is "HOW COME I DIDNT THINK OF TRYING THIS?!" :D

I am interested to see what other folks make of this :)

EDIT: If ya aint using sapphire terp pearls yet, they are way better for flavour.

Cilleire

EuroVapeSim2
@thevapist how is the airflow with the beads in the centre hole, what diameter did you use? It looks like it would completely block the airpath.
I cap all my flower hits, my thoughts were the spinning balls would also cause turbulence in the airflow as it moves down through the hot metal. I just don't know enough about airflow dynamics and how quickly heat is dissipated.

thevapist

Works fine, I don't even notice a difference. The key component I think is the cap. It's also a 1 angled-hole cap. As long as your hit is capped, the ring is barely there.

That amount of pearls is definitely overkill, but it's not hurting, so more turbulence and heat retention seems like a good trade off. I have a ton of the SiC pearls so it doesn't bother me.

@emmdeemo Nah, I'm not a flavor chaser. SiC dish and SiC pearls work fine for me flavor and durability wise. I also just q-tip very well after each dab, not dunking in ISO and all the other stuff some people do. I torch the dish every 3 days or so to red hot and it's clean again. Using same SiC 28mm since like January.

I maintain my flavor by cleaning my pieces and shovelhead at least once a day. I've seen some videos of guys using sapphire at low temp with this that and the other thing to get more flavor.. then their pieces and components are super dirty. Does not compute.

I've said it before, double blind test these surfaces and I bet people could barely tell the difference. Maybe titanium, but "obsidian" vs ruby vs saph vs SiC? Musta went to weed college!

And, I dropped a pearl down the center hole by accident. That's how this came about.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I've said it before, double blind test these surfaces and I bet people could barely tell the difference. Maybe titanium, but "obsidian" vs ruby vs saph vs SiC? Musta went to weed college!

Haha, I've been extensively testing sapphire/SiC/obsidian since getting the DCup. There is a world of difference between the SiC dish and sapphire (150f of difference so far), but thats a conversation for the DCup thread :) Thanks for lumping me in with a bunch of random filthy twats you've seen tho. Charmed, I'm sure :) :love::p

I dropped a pearl down the center hole by accident

Happy accident :) A pearl in the hole is worth, er... two in a... er... bud?

Last edited:

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
So I may have jumped the gun a little and purchased a puffco peak glass without even having the unit. Maybe later on. But really want a vrod or atleast wrap around. All in all I have super high hopes for the Tsunami and definitely see myself using a unit like this more than the peak. That being said I know there is styling to be done after which is cool but I like the idea of a unit that could be pretty stealthy yet high-tech looking enought to start a conversation. Lol. Excited to see the progress and how fast it happens now. Keep it up. The universe is our endless supply.

PandaLee

I know there is styling to be done after which is cool

If it's going to remain boxy/rectangular, which i still think is cool, then it would feel more like a Battle Ship than a Tsunami...or maybe even a Pandora's box, where you open that one part and the Dcup is staring you in the face, ready to unleash them dabbing demons! Panda's Pandorama is what I'd call it!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
So I’m looking to build a budget set up, because isn’t everyone? Anyway, I’m a little new to the e-nail biz, is this going to work for a VROD or showerhead?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07SVYFSZ7/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A11WPBPGX8LC23&psc=1

It looks like the standard vapecode controller. The only thing you need to be careful of tho (apart from it just being counterfeit fake crap that doesnt work :) ) is that the 20mm barrel coil has the right amount of wraps - 5.

EDIT: and what @started@52 said, tho @Roth said it better than either of us :)

Last edited:

started@52

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
So I’m looking to build a budget set up, because isn’t everyone? Anyway, I’m a little new to the e-nail biz, is this going to work for a VROD or showerhead?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07SVYFSZ7/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A11WPBPGX8LC23&psc=1

That should work for a SH, since it accepts virtually all 20mm coils. The Vrod is a little more iffy, it's very particular about which coil it needs.

If you want to get a Vrod, I'd strongly suggest buying the coil from NewVape directly, that way you know it will work. They sell coils for both their style plug and the Dnail standard plug configuration.

Edit:even if the coil has the correct amount if wraps and wrapped the correct direction, the height could be off. The Vrod was machined with fairly tight tolerances for the coil. It seems more often than not, the different coils people try do NOT work with the Vrod. There are exceptions, but, you know, they're the exceptions!

Just know it likely won't work, but you might get lucky if you go with the Vrod and a 3rd party coil.

PandaLee

I’m looking to build a budget set up

Your savings on Amazon would be about $50/55 (factoring in Prime shipping) and using no discounts on NewVapes website. And it might not work from Amazon, even with some tinkering. Vrod *Requires 20mm Coil with 5 wraps in Clockwise direction. Amazon one looks like 4 wraps in their pic.

And there's good operating history on the NV controller. Really haven't heard of any issues and mine is at 2 years running.

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
@Rover I know it will work with a showerhead but not sure bout much else. Possibly w a wraparound too. I want to get a vrod but broke atm and working on getting 2oz of cbd to take a thc break. Just realized they still have wraparound parts in clearance so it would only take a dish nut and diffuser as I have the coilecover and bottom nut. All said and done the 70 bucks id be in might as well wait till I can get a full vrod setup w coil . One day lol. @PandaLee dont get me wrong I'm sure a shaped styled version is the real goal. I just think one of the as you called it "Pandora's box" would be cool.to have at this stage. Thats just me. I like simple. Excited to see a shaped version too none the less.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@NewVape710 @newvape918
Any chance of a newvape (not d-nail) sapphire/ruby dish for the VROD now NV have a sapphire supplier?

I hope I'm not out of bounds for saying this, but IMO you will never notice the true benefits of sapphire while funneling that vapor through the convection heat exchanger. I'm not saying it wouldn't make any difference, but in my experience you really want a conduction based setup for sapphire, like the dcup.

Stoneager

In the Shadows
Thanks for lumping me in with a bunch of random filthy twats you've seen tho. Charmed, I'm sure :)

I'm sorry, but I can't seem to find that insulting remark anywhere in his post. I don't think I missed it. Maybe that portion somehow got deleted.
If I am misinterpreting your post, I sincerely apologize. But it looks like name calling to me. If that's the case, please don't degrade this thread that I am following plus many others also and just STOP.
Btw, I don't know you or the other person, so I don't have a dog in YOUR fight but take it out to the playground.

WelshBrok

I hope I'm not out of bounds for saying this, but IMO you will never notice the true benefits of sapphire while funneling that vapor through the convection heat exchanger. I'm not saying it wouldn't make any difference, but in my experience you really want a conduction based setup for sapphire, like the dcup.

Yeah true, I was just thinking with better heat retention I could lower the controller temp even more and as a side effect also lower the amount of convection reheating a bit. I’m probably 70/30 flower/concentrate so don’t need (still want tho) a DCUP.

I also recently ordered some 5mm ruby and sapphire pearls and got a load of 3mm ruby ones and was going to fill one of the glass bowls with them and try convection dabbing

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Yeah true, I was just thinking with better heat retention I could lower the controller temp even more and as a side effect also lower the amount of convection reheating a bit. I’m probably 70/30 flower/concentrate so don’t need (still want tho) a DCUP.

I also recently ordered some 5mm ruby and sapphire pearls and got a load of 3mm ruby ones and was going to fill one of the glass bowls with them and try convection dabbing

I think you'd get a flavour increase, but the temps might be thrown off by it. The sapphire dish is way, way higher in temp than the equivalent SiC/Obsidian. I've been completely taken by surprise with just how low the controller temp can go on the DCup as the sapphire conducts like Olivieri. Or something.

I'd love to see what results someone gets with it tho, but I wonder if the dab would be scorched while the flower is hardly warm.

As for filling the glass bowl with terp pearls, YES! Love the idea. I hope you try it :)

EmDeemo,
Reactions: Xclerk

r0nnie

Hey guys ive had my flowerpot a few month now and just got a quick question about the handle. When i see vids/pics of people hitting their flowerpot their handles sit nice and flush but mine wont. Heres a few pics, the enail is starting to sag down a bit from the weight of the shower head.

mDdUM7P.jpg
0YYqclJ.jpg
lisH6Ea.jpg

r0nnie,

turk

turk
...pics didn’t come out..least not on the iPad...anyways, this shouldn’t be a problem..if I understand correctly, as I cannot see your pics.

turk,

r0nnie

r0nnie,

Vaporware

Hey guys ive had my flowerpot a few month now and just got a quick question about the handle. When i see vids/pics of people hitting their flowerpot their handles sit nice and flush but mine wont. Heres a few pics, the enail is starting to sag down a bit from the weight of the shower head.

mDdUM7P.jpg
0YYqclJ.jpg
lisH6Ea.jpg

You installed the handle too far back. The second and third pics look like where it should be, but the cable on your coil seems to be too thick, so I guess it wouldn’t close completely there?

If that’s the case I’m not sure what the best solution is. I wouldn’t want to recommend anything that might ruin the cable/coil, but if it will close in that more forward position that should fix your problem.

Is this the controller I’m looking for?
https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45&products_id=459
My plan is to get the auber coil from NV and a weedeater head and body.

NewVape sells the 300, and that’s what I’m using. I think they have the same connector and should still work with the same coil though.

https://imgur.com/a/v8yTY2G

https://imgur.com/a/I0GcUVU

https://imgur.com/a/X1fCvZ6

The last one is how everyone elses is without the huge gap and thats how i want mine ive got to sort of wiggle it a little bit each time i take it off the bong because the nail isnt really straight.

So you can get it to stay together in the last pic, but...the handle turns on the cable? Is that what you’re saying?

If so, tightening the screws a little more or wrapping it with the hemp cord or something else might help keep it in place.

Vaporware,
Reactions: YaMon
Top Bottom