Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Why? You just wash it off afterward. ???
If the residue is not coming completely off, why should anyone expect the Simple Green will too? I’ve not had to go there yet as kosher salt and ISO work well for me.

YaMon,

Baron23

If the residue is not coming completely off, why should anyone expect the Simple Green will too?

Ah, because reclaim is enormously sticky stuff...second only to the contents of the La Brea Tar Pits...and is not water soluble.

And...because Simple Green is water soluble and will rinse off completely with a bit of warm water.

Just my take on it.

Cheers

Vaporware

Other things you could try are soaking in 91%+ ISO for 12+ hours, or even in
vinegar for 12+ hours (this helped get some stubborn film off an old bubbler of mine). I've heard of similar soaks in PBW (Powdered Brewery Wash) and I think Simple Green, but I haven't tried SG...did get some PBW, will try that soon. But I've been good with regular 91 iso maintenance.

SO...I'm starting to plan my D-Cup bundle...what's the consensus on the 30mm dishes: Sapphire, Obsidian and SiC? Obsidian the way to go? - it's currently sold out so I assume it's the most popular. Sapphire looks really nice, only $25 more than Obsidian, but how delicate is it? SiC I know I like, been using it for couple years already, so I could always fall back on that.

“Obsidian” actually seems to be SiC with a highly polished surface inside the dish. It does seem to have all of the advantages of SiC and more, so if the money isn’t a big issue I’d go with Obsidian.

There are plenty of people who would Sapphire is the best dabbing surface available, but it is relatively fragile. Any of the dishes could break, but I think you have a significantly better chance of breaking Sapphire.

I don’t have either yet (just SiC on the VRod), but from what I’ve heard I’d say Sapphire is the choice for uncompromising flavor chasers, and Obsidian is a great compromise that gets very good flavor and avoids the drawbacks of Sapphire (mostly extra cost and fragility).

At least NewVape keeps the Sapphire cost down though. When D-Nail started selling Sapphire Halos they were $300 or more!

started@52

...clean that dcup dish!...lol
Better? Lol.
ECFB84-EC-9030-400-C-A4-FD-A51-C7613652-F.jpg

I used the cca710 method but 225° did not boil water in my dish, had to go up to 325°, haven’t tried a cold start to 335, did 25° bumps up from 225° until it started boiling.
https://www.cca710.com/pages/f-a-q-1

Last edited:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
If the residue is not coming completely off, why should anyone expect the Simple Green will too? I’ve not had to go there yet as kosher salt and ISO work well for me.

There's no reason to fear Simple Green.

Why would you expect that the SG would NOT rinse off? That's exactly what it's designed to do. It loosens the bonds between the residue and the glass, and then everything rinses off cleanly.

SG is an amazing non-toxic cleaner. I find it especially helpful with ruby/sapphire, quartz, and glass. It's a major part of my cleaning regimen.

@doodiebopper a soak in SG might be exactly what you need. Let it soak overnight. If you can, apply some low heat to it. Some people use a candle warmer with great effect.

If you still have some stubborn spots, a baking soda paste and qtips have worked wonders for me. Use some baking soda, and add just enough water to make it a thick paste. Then just apply some elbow grease with the qtip and you should be able to get it spotless!

A SG/baking soda paste combo is how I clean the reclaim on my banger. It comes back good as new.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
@Baron23 and @Roth nothing scientific for me, more fear of what I don't know. I've used Simple Green and don't care what the label says I'm not vaping that shit. Speaking of shit anyone...

YaMon,

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Got all the components to get my showerhead up and running. Definitely was a bang of a first try. Appreciate all the advice. I had been practicing a carb cap / heater / bowl hand motion b4 my controller came not realizing I dont have to pull the panhead bowl to clear. Kinda glad thought maybe I was short a hand for optimal operation lol. I see this could quickly become my go-to for home. Considering a weed eater as I do not have concentrate often but. Think this is perfect for now. Gotta work on a stand as this coffee mug wint cut it for me

PandaLee

Congrats on the two new set-ups above.

I still use the old V stand newvape used to sell. Couple other enail companies still have them, they're like $20

I will be getting one of the Newvape stands for the Dcup once I'm ready to buy that bundle.

Y'all see these sapphire terp balls from Greek Glass? $1.50 each/$10.00(10)? I bought ten to check them out.

justcametomind

Hi, I already have an RDK300A controller and would like to try Flowerpot. I use flower 95% of the times but would like to get into concentrates in the future. I'd use the Flowerpot primarily to knock me out with indica before bed.
Is the weedeater the way to go?
Which items should I get instead that the complete set since I already have the controller? I'd use it on a D020D or Heborizer bubbler (both 18mm female).

@NewVape710
@VapeFiend.com

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Hi, I already have an RDK300A controller and would like to try Flowerpot. I use flower 95% of the times but would like to get into concentrates in the future. I'd use the Flowerpot primarily to knock me out with indica before bed.
Which items should I get instead that the complete set since I already have the controller? I'd use it on a D020D or Heborizer bubbler (both 18mm female).

@NewVape710
@VapeFiend.com

Haven't used the WeedEater yet but the Showerhead is a total body slammer!

It's honestly crazy how much weed you can waste with inferior vaporizers.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)

@NewVape710
@VapeFiend.com

I own the whole NV FP family.
2x VRODs
1x SH
1x WE
1x D-Cup.
I’ll totally recommend you getting the VROD as a starter, if you’re planning on doing concentrates, in the future.
Stay vaped.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010

@NewVape710
@VapeFiend.com
Weedeater will work, but if you want the option to do concentrates the consensus is VRod. You will need the Abuer (sp?) Coil from NewVape so it fits the VRod correctly, order and adjustabowl with 18mm male post and double weave screen. If you have extra $$$ also purchase a safety stand, carb cap and loading tool. Do you have a good grinder? FlowerPot works optimally with a very fine grind and just enough loaded in the bowl to cover the double weave screen.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

@NewVape710
@VapeFiend.com

No brainer.

VRod with SiC dish.

nodrog

FlowerPot works optimally with a very fine grind and just enough loaded in the bowl to cover the double weave screen.

Expand on this a bit, would ya? Maybe I'm just a stoner, but I find myself using 3/4-4/5 of a shovelhead bowl most times I use my Weedeater, which is easily 3-4 times the amount needed to cover the double weave screen.

So, if you're using just enough to cover the screen, are you also one of those "high rollers" using temperatures of like 750? I typically use a mostly full shovelhead at around 650, which takes about 6-7 big hits (stirring inbetween) to complete. After 4-5 such bowls, I usually have to clean the screen, so every day or two.

If you want to get super baked, do you just do multiple rounds of just enough weed to cover the screen? Or is that small amount typically sufficient?

nodrog,

thevapist

I think just covering the screen and packing a bit more both work just fine. Just make sure your screen is clean.

Some people prefer to not stir and just toast that flat layer, almost a microdose but I don't really view it like that. I personally do both depending on what I am looking to do at that moment.

justcametomind

FlowerPot works optimally with a very fine grind and just enough loaded in the bowl to cover the double weave screen.
This is cool for microdosing but I’m used to vape a lot more material with the Supreme 3. It’s a bit chunky but it can handle 250mg at a time with no stirring. Can it be done with the FP? Is stirring a must?

justcametomind,
Reactions: YaMon

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
This is cool for microdosing but I’m used to vape a lot more material with the Supreme 3. It’s a bit chunky but it can handle 250mg at a time with no stirring. Can it be done with the FP? Is stirring a must?

Stirring is def not a must, but it helps while you're mastering the FP. Very simple to use, but there are options for how you choose to use it and the routine one settles into. The FP is fun learning to master.

I forget the full load bowl size but Im sure someone will remind us in a mo* :)

*Its pretty big imho! :)

Last edited:

thevapist

Yep, you can put a decent amount and not stir. Stirring just allows for optimal extraction in the least amount of pulls. I'd say you could put a whole shovelhead load and you'd be fine. I'm yet to combust after 6+ months and I am a pretty high temp user.

Some pics of the ever growing setup. I'm a big time twax'r. 7/10 goodies arrived yesterday. Loving the wood handle!

snapchat-871082555hkk83.jpg

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I’m using the WE and OG VROD at the moment.
SH & 2nd Gen VROD, are on pause at the moment.
D-Cup is still under ISO. SiC dish is stucked/caked to the Cup. I’ve been trying a few methods to unstuck it, but nothing had worked yet.

So, just for curiosity, I loaded a Ti bowl, with a “filler” flower I received as a gift. Like 2/oz for free. It’s home grown, so it’s basically weak, and flavor is dull, but it grinds well, saves money, and it’s dense.
Clouds are so so. I use it a lot during my IG zancru live-streams, saves me flower, because I make a big bed of the “filler” and cover it with a thin layer of “primo” flower, for taste and effects.
Querkel & Maya are the strains. Probably you’ll find stronger batches, not these ones.
But for the purpose of measuring, they are great.

A0-FC73-D1-38-DC-46-D1-80-BC-104-F45-D6-D7-D5.jpg

Here’s a close up of that bowl.
I didn’t tamp it, but this ground flower ain’t fluffy nor sticky, just dense and kind of dry.
I did pulls, with just the loaded bowl, and airflow was good.
BECF67-DE-45-AC-4996-9-EC7-296-BCBA6-E710.jpg

This scale is 0.01g. There’s no error. Very precise.
69-EE9754-B803-4-F47-BB5-F-D34-F38-A9-C2-D4.jpg

0.30g almost to the top of the bowl. No tamping. Good airflow.
I did vape the bowl. Worked well.
9-C3-D0810-AE62-47-E9-AFA6-417-E79-DCBCCA.jpg

And this, this is something that shouldn’t be done.
I loaded and tamped, packed, and loaded, tamped and packed.
At the end , bowl was to the brim, and you couldn’t push with your finger, or make the flower go further down.
Very very restricted airflow. Almost to the point of no airflow.
59-D777-BF-514-D-4326-8-F65-B9-F3-DB969-A43.jpg

That was exactly, o.64g.
I wouldn’t even recommend doing this.
I didn’t even tried to vape that, since I know it will combust immediately.
AA156337-1223-4844-8080-8-B657-B9-F89-A2.jpg

I’m guessing, you could load 0.5g, of a semi-fluffy, semi-dry flower, and play with mid range temps, 630s-660s, with a fast inhaling, uncapped and quick hit, without combusting.
I’m a 666F, probably from micro dose to a 0.5g tops, kind of guy. Capping at the end, for extra roast extraction.
Stay vaped.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I’m using the WE and OG VROD at the moment.
SH & 2nd Gen VROD, are on pause at the moment.
D-Cup is still under ISO. SiC dish is stucked/caked to the Cup. I’ve been trying a few methods to unstuck it, but nothing had worked yet.

So, just for curiosity, I loaded a Ti bowl, with a “filler” flower I received as a gift. Like 2/oz for free. It’s home grown, so it’s basically weak, and flavor is dull, but it grinds well, saves money, and it’s dense.
Clouds are so so. I use it a lot during my IG zancru live-streams, saves me flower, because I make a big bed of the “filler” and cover it with a thin layer of “primo” flower, for taste and effects.
Querkel & Maya are the strains. Probably you’ll find stronger batches, not these ones.
But for the purpose of measuring, they are great.

A0-FC73-D1-38-DC-46-D1-80-BC-104-F45-D6-D7-D5.jpg

Here’s a close up of that bowl.
I didn’t tamp it, but this ground flower ain’t fluffy nor sticky, just dense and kind of dry.
I did pulls, with just the loaded bowl, and airflow was good.
BECF67-DE-45-AC-4996-9-EC7-296-BCBA6-E710.jpg

This scale is 0.01g. There’s no error. Very precise.
69-EE9754-B803-4-F47-BB5-F-D34-F38-A9-C2-D4.jpg

0.30g almost to the top of the bowl. No tamping. Good airflow.
I did vape the bowl. Worked well.
9-C3-D0810-AE62-47-E9-AFA6-417-E79-DCBCCA.jpg

And this, this is something that shouldn’t be done.
I loaded and tamped, packed, and loaded, tamped and packed.
At the end , bowl was to the brim, and you couldn’t push with your finger, or make the flower go further down.
Very very restricted airflow. Almost to the point of no airflow.
59-D777-BF-514-D-4326-8-F65-B9-F3-DB969-A43.jpg

That was exactly, o.64g.
I wouldn’t even recommend doing this.
I didn’t even tried to vape that, since I know it will combust immediately.
AA156337-1223-4844-8080-8-B657-B9-F89-A2.jpg

I’m guessing, you could load 0.5g, of a semi-fluffy, semi-dry flower, and play with mid range temps, 630s-660s, with a fast inhaling, uncapped and quick hit, without combusting.
I’m a 666F, probably from micro dose to a 0.5g tops, kind of guy. Capping at the end, for extra roast extraction.
Stay vaped.

0.5g sounds very familiar, I shoulda known this from back in the day and doing exactly the same weigh test. Its not like the bowls have changed size much :D

Another way I used to do very full loads (so around 0.5g), low temps around 580/600, slow draw, capped or uncapped depending on milk demands :D

Full loads of flower at those temps is crazy flavour town, absolutely mouthwatering. Always worth stopping the load short of being too close to the heater/bowl top, of course, just to be sure.

EmDeemo,
Reactions: Summer

thevapist

I have never even thought of trying that. A super packed bowl at a lower temp. Going to try that in a few.

The insulated wood handle WORKS AMAZING! I had that sucker on there 20-30 mins @ 689f and you can hold it just fine. Amazing work NV!!! It's quality of life improvements like this that really set this ecosystem apart.

I noticed the wood handle will spin ever so slightly after it's at optimal torque, preventing over-torque. Don't get me wrong, it's super snug. But nice touch even if not on purpose.

Last edited:
Top Bottom