1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

NewVape FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by natural farmer, Nov 17, 2016.

1. PandaLee

PandaLee Well-Known Member

What screen are you using? The double-weave titanium screen keeps my rig particle free...however, if you're just using the glass bowl with it's honeycomb screen, a lot can get through that. I hear many just adding the ti screen on top of that.

other than that, I have a bunch of iso and I clean my rigs at first sign of gunk building.

Summer, wildything and Roth like this.
  2. Roth

Roth Pining for the Mountains

What @PandaLee said, the double weave titanium screen are great for keeping your glass much cleaner.

wildything likes this.
  3. Jazz_Cabbage

Jazz_Cabbage Member

The S- Bend shaped drop downs I use with my rigs catch most of it for me. Then I boil them clean and rinse them with iso and water

Summer likes this.
  4. VaporWare

VaporWare Well-Known Member

Maybe I should have tried a 2 hole cap, but 4-5 5mm balls spin for me easily with a 1 hole. The ShowerCap was 1 hole, so I just defaulted to that. It’s possible it’s a difference in our glass or lungs though.

Like others said the double weave screen helps a lot, but if you need more a lot of people have had good results with an ash catcher (similar idea to the drop-down).

wildything, Summer and emmdeemo like this.
  5. emmdeemo

emmdeemo Expert to some, idiot to others.

Good to know, and worthwhile pointing out, for sure. I will update my findings memory :)

VaporWare likes this.
  6. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

I run with an ash catcher which is real easy to clean, that with the double weave and your golden

VaporWare, wildything and Summer like this.
  7. Zangano Cruel

Zangano Cruel Yerbasseur Grouch. PDX420. Giggler. IG zancru

@NewVape710
    @newvape918
    Natural window light.
    Better to watch at 1080HD!!!
    Lemon Pie flower.
    Weed Eater at 666F.
    NV PID.
    WeedEater, used as a “lighter”..... top of the bowl, off the bowl, exhale, repeat.
    Salud!!!!
    Stay vaped.
    Click to play YouTube Video

emmdeemo likes this.
  8. stinkytofus

stinkytofus Well-Known Member

The double weave lets alot of materials thru maybe my kannastor fine grind plates grinds too thin ?

Im gona try adding a 18mm male to female adapter, it has a screen in the middle and then i add the 18mm male and debowler on top with the ti screen, ill see how that works haha

Manity and Summer like this.
  9. emmdeemo

Two double weaves :)

Also, a wisp of cotton or hemp fibre in the air path?

10. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

That sounds too dense for an enjoyable draw. No?

habitat-fc likes this.
  11. wildman420

wildman420 The Most Interesting Monkey in the World

Use an ash catcher.

YaMon likes this.
  12. emmdeemo

Which? The double double weave someone in this thread was doing and doing well IIRC.

The whisp of cotton/hemp fibre makes no difference to draw at all, just use it along with a double weave to catch any really fine particles.

Summer and Zangano Cruel like this.
  13. nodrog

nodrog Well-Known Member

Tip/discovery: my standard tool to use with the Weedeater is now one of the NV debowler spikes for stirring and debowling with a nut attaching it to the NV wire brush. In other words, and ideal little tool, about 4 inches long, with a stirrer/debowler on one end and a brush on the other. I think I'd rather keep my regular jar with a lid close by and use this tool to dump into it vs having an open container with the brush pointing up.

VaporWare, Summer and pxl_jockey like this.
  14. Zangano Cruel

Are you sure it’s “the real double weave”, the old school one, double weave Ti screen???
    I’ve using those, dw screens, for more than an year now, and they DON’T let pass through anything, not even kief!!!!!
    Is your grind fairy dust???
    I believe they started sending new screens styles recently, alas the confusion, maybe??
    Stay vaped.

15. thevapist

thevapist Well-Known Member

I got some double weaves during the 4/20 sale and they don't seem different than the ones I got a little while back. Nothing gets through these suckers. Your piece will only get reclaim in it.

16. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

Pic please, if possible.

Yes. & I took your comment to mean 2 double weaves along with cotton/hemp fiber.

17. Zangano Cruel

@NewVape710
    @newvape918

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzQuTV4HNq8oIfxa8yglDD2FkHsPSuYeoX-uOo0/?igshid=ip3i84l165wk

I’ve been using the WeedEater as a “lighter” lately. It works wonders at 666F.
    I can even go way lower in temp, if I wish. As low as 555F. No need to. I like my vapor thick. Real clouds. Real dragons.
    Enjoy and stay vaped.
    Watch in 1080HD.

Click to play YouTube Video

ew91 and invertedisdead like this.
  18. invertedisdead

invertedisdead High Standards

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

That's exactly what I proposed to Edwyn, to get as close to an old school bong hit-gone-vapor, just a heater and a bowl, without any of the carb caps, dabbers, or extra gear. K.I.S.S.

Looks killer with your glass bowl, damn I really need to get a WeedEater, big fat steamed milk out of a big beaker bottom sounds like a real treat right about now!!

VaporWare, Zangano Cruel and YaMon like this.
  19. emmdeemo

Gotcha, I get confused and I confuse others easily :)

Tbh, considering how thin and wispy a layer of cotton ya could have to trap particles, I dont think it would add any extra draw resistance.

How often one would have to change it before it clogged and affected air flow is another matter :)

20. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

I can confirm it is for me not worthwhile. I did this for awhile with hemp fiber in the stem, which I would eventually place in the bowl and vape. It was not worth the hassle, imho.

emmdeemo likes this.
  21. emmdeemo

I've done it with a few vapes, and its been a useful 'hack', but same here, I dont with the FP or any variation I've owned of the FP.

Obviously completely pointless for me now I'm dab only too :)

YaMon likes this.
  22. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I get chunks of something in my rigs that collects over time. But, these are pretty big looking scooby snacks....much bigger than could ever get through a DW screens that I use.

I have always thought it was just accumulated reclaim stuff....just condensed vapor....rather than actual chunks of herb.

I'll have to look more closely next I clean the rig I use for it.

Cheers

23. started@52

started@52 Well-Known Member

FYI
    If you already own a Vrod, all you have to do is order a weedeater nut($25) and just like that, you have a weedeater!

If you are contemplating buying a Vrod or weedeater but can’t decide, for $25 more you can have both. Obviously you can’t use them both at the same time. Wish I figured this out before I ordered a Vrod alone, lol.

If this has been mentioned before I apologize.

Roth likes this.
  24. Manity

Manity Well-Known Member

Everyone saying that the double weave don't let anything though must use a medium grind... I've got particles though it... I clean mine daily

25. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

I do have fine particles passing through my double weave screen, that is what my ash catcher is for which I clean frequently.

Shrike likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors