• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I was using 2x 5mm SiC and 2x 5mm quartz terp pearls and just went to 7x 5mm SiC. Barely any residue left after the past 2 rips. 1 q-tip head gets it all.

Will have to mess around more, but already at 7 I am pretty happy with the results.

7x 5mm also cover half of the VROD dish perfectly.

So you'd say 7 is better than 4?

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I don't need no stinking lid..so if it's not too many sku's Edwyn can make a small tin (1/2 height of pictured), large tin (as pictured), support top, brush, knocker and lid... What's with the round tool holder? Circles waste space! Where'e the AM/PM tray?

YaMon,
Reactions: BigJr48

thevapist

So you'd say 7 is better than 4?

Yes, and I also upped the temp from 680 to 689 to compensate for more surface area from the additional pearls. I pull pretty heavy and it really vapes that shizzle, while still not burning it. Taste is fine.

I'll try lower temp later and will also be adding more pearls to fill the whole dish.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
I don't need no stinking lid..so if it's not too many sku's Edwyn can make a small tin (1/2 height of pictured), large tin (as pictured), support top, brush, knocker and lid... What's with the round tool holder? Circles waste space! Where'e the AM/PM tray?

It's a beginning concept. doghouse for the dual control.

nodrog

Cleaning the screen of the Weedeater: Found the easiest thing is just soak the whole assembled shovelhead bowl with screen in 99% ISO for a few hours, then rinse with water in the sink. Simple, works great. No disassembling the pieces, no taking the screen in and out, no need to heat the ISO.

I'm using my WE a lot, so I'm cleaning my bowl every day or two.

You're welcome!

Baron23

Cleaning the screen of the Weedeater: Found the easiest thing is just soak the whole assembled shovelhead bowl with screen in 99% ISO for a few hours, then rinse with water in the sink. Simple, works great. No disassembling the pieces, no taking the screen in and out, no need to heat the ISO.

I'm using my WE a lot, so I'm cleaning my bowl every day or two.

You're welcome!
I agree...but I do use an ultrasonic cleaner with my parts in it in a bag of ISO.

But yes, I just dump it in ISO and rinse off. So easy to clean.

Love my Shower Head and use it all of the time.

thevapist

CLEANING SHOVELHEAD

For cleaning the shovel head, I pull some hot air through it to make the titanium hot. Then I take out the screen, and use q-tips or pass a towel through and shimmy it through the pieces. Of course also taking the 2 pieces apart as well. I then use the NV wooden brush to clean the crevice the screen sits in, then q-tip once more. I then hit the screen with a torch while holding it with scissors and get it brand new. Screens last me ~5 months doing this 1-3 days. These double weaves are insanely good. They also make you bust a lung and your hits suck if you aren't on top of cleaning them. I find ISO soaking the screen leaves some bits in sometimes, requiring some digging or brushing.

I know screens will last longer not torching, but I value efficiency over a few dollar screen once in a while.

If you throw on a pair of vinyl gloves you barely feel the heat. Otherwise, I pull some hot air through it, and let it sit a minute or so to allow the outside TI to cool enough to comfortably handle. The inside tube should still be more than hot enough to effectively q-tip. If you have heavy build up you might need to heat it a little more or use multiple q-tips.

This takes a couple minutes once you get good at it, and requires no ISO, just some heat and a cleaning material. You can use any brush for the screen crevice, but honestly it doesn't affect taste that much if you skip this nook. This method will get it 100% clean as we're just dealing with vape reclaim.

I do this every 1-3 days depending on use. I clean my pieces every day, but I'm not as much of a stickler about the shovelhead assembly. The trick is doing this OFTEN. You have two choices:
  1. Let your stuff get really nasty and make it hard to clean
  2. Clean it very frequently, which takes time, but it's super easy and effective
I choose #2

TERP PEARLS

As for the terp pearl tests, a full dish actually sucks, and I've found myself sticking with 7, which fills half of the VROD dish perfectly. Anything over that, it starts to get harder to effectively q-tip the dish after hits - if you need to. The full dish did a good job extracting smaller dabs, but when I tried a bigger dab and there was some residue, it was impossible to clean it.

Another side effect of a full dish is your heat drops noticeably quicker and also seems to not get to temp again as quick. This is much more surface area so it seems to make sense.

It's also rather hard to spin the higher pearl count, at least with my 1 hole angled VROD cap. I'm using an 18mm that has serious chug, and they barely spin with a full dish. 7 spins just fine. I think this also comes down to, since the dish is full, there isn't a "side" of a pearl the wind current can hit and push them. It kind of just bounces over the top of them I guess. 1 or 2 less pearls than full didn't really help facilitate spinning, though.

So my verdict as of now is: 7x 5mm SiC terp pearls is the most efficient in my VROD dish. Temp = 689f with a very strong pull.

Last edited:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
It's a beginning concept. doghouse for the dual control.

Doghouse for the PID is an interesting idea, especially the cam style locks. Imho, the big ABV container distracts from the aesthetics. Could the ABV tray be integral and slide out of the AM/PM on rails for emptying and cleaning.

YaMon,

nodrog

Thinking more about the debowler question. I really prefer to keep things simple. For me, what would be the ideal NewVape debowler product would be the stainless steel brush on a small handle. Think I'm going to continue with the simplicity of debowling over a glass jar with a lid, but would like to be able to use that nifty new brush. But the handle, at least on the NV site, looks too small to easily use while holding, because it's designed to be attached to the NV gear.

So! A little stainless steel broomstick would be the ideal debowling tool for me. It'd be preferable to a fancy all-in-one debowler and AVB container. I like things simple and visually uncluttered.

nodrog,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
CLEANING SHOVELHEAD

For cleaning the shovel head, I pull some hot air through it to make the titanium hot. Then I take out the screen, and use q-tips or pass a towel through and shimmy it through the pieces. Of course also taking the 2 pieces apart as well. I then use the NV wooden brush to clean the crevice the screen sits in, then q-tip once more. I then hit the screen with a torch while holding it with scissors and get it brand new. Screens last me ~5 months doing this 1-3 days. These double weaves are insanely good. They also make you bust a lung and your hits suck if you aren't on top of cleaning them. I find ISO soaking the screen leaves some bits in sometimes, requiring some digging or brushing.

I know screens will last longer not torching, but I value efficiency over a few dollar screen once in a while.

If you throw on a pair of vinyl gloves you barely feel the heat. Otherwise, I pull some hot air through it, and let it sit a minute or so to allow the outside TI to cool enough to comfortably handle. The inside tube should still be more than hot enough to effectively q-tip. If you have heavy build up you might need to heat it a little more or use multiple q-tips.

This takes a couple minutes once you get good at it, and requires no ISO, just some heat and a cleaning material. You can use any brush for the screen crevice, but honestly it doesn't affect taste that much if you skip this nook. This method will get it 100% clean as we're just dealing with vape reclaim.

I do this every 1-3 days depending on use. I clean my pieces every day, but I'm not as much of a stickler about the shovelhead assembly. The trick is doing this OFTEN. You have two choices:
  1. Let your stuff get really nasty and make it hard to clean
  2. Clean it very frequently, which takes time, but it's super easy and effective
I choose #2

TERP PEARLS

As for the terp pearl tests, a full dish actually sucks, and I've found myself sticking with 7, which fills half of the VROD dish perfectly. Anything over that, it starts to get harder to effectively q-tip the dish after hits - if you need to. The full dish did a good job extracting smaller dabs, but when I tried a bigger dab and there was some residue, it was impossible to clean it.

Another side effect of a full dish is your heat drops noticeably quicker and also seems to not get to temp again as quick. This is much more surface area so it seems to make sense.

It's also rather hard to spin the higher pearl count, at least with my 1 hole angled VROD cap. I'm using an 18mm that has serious chug, and they barely spin with a full dish. 7 spins just fine. I think this also comes down to, since the dish is full, there isn't a "side" of a pearl the wind current can hit and push them. It kind of just bounces over the top of them I guess. 1 or 2 less pearls than full didn't really help facilitate spinning, though.

So my verdict as of now is: 7x 5mm SiC terp pearls is the most efficient in my VROD dish. Temp = 689f with a very strong pull.

Thanks for the SiC balls update.

For what its worth, I have two VRod carb caps. The OG with one hole, and the updated one with two holes.

Two holes carb cap makes the terp pearls spin with the merest of inhale.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I just joined the VRod club on Friday.

I haven't touched flower for the last 2 months since I started dabbing. Never gave me the save feeling. Since the 1st time with the VRod, it's given me a new appreciation for flower again.

A lot of us went thru this when the showerhead etc first came out. The super quick extraction of flower had a lot of us likening it to doing dabs and switching back to flower for the first time in forever. Tho I'm back to dabbing only now... Anyway...

Welcome to the VRod club!

PandaLee

us likening it to doing dabs and switching back to flower for the first time in forever

Once it became recreational in our state, I went straight concentrates because I never had access before. So started with a nectar collector, then a rig/banger with torch. I wasn't very patient/consistent with my heating, so started looking for an enail. All the local shops selling the mini-nail set-up as the Cadillac and I almost went for it. Researched a bit online and found this and thought it would be great idea to keep the door open for flower. And boy am I glad I did. You can take huge bong rips of flower and it tastes good! I'm now like 50/50 vaping flower and dabbing concentrates with the Vrod.

bannakaffalatta

A lot of us went thru this when the showerhead etc first came out. The super quick extraction of flower had a lot of us likening it to doing dabs and switching back to flower for the first time in forever. Tho I'm back to dabbing only now... Anyway...

Welcome to the VRod club!

I would say I'm 50/50 as well with flowers and concentrates. I liked dabbing the last couple months for convenience.

I used an Extreme Q and Dynavap for flower. I haven't owned a water rig since 2008 so it wasn't until I started dabbing a couple months ago that I ended up getting a water rig for dabbing which I eventually tried to use the Extreme Q and Dynavap (with ddavemods) but it just didn't give me a satisfying hit that dabbing did.

Now I feel like I have the best of both worlds. The Extreme Q is now sitting in the closet. The Dynavap is only useful for when I am on the go and even then these days I just use cartridges. I also have a Focus V Carta that I won in a waffle so I even have a water portable for when I need it.

I don't see how I am going to need to purchase anything more now since I got everything covered.

I do feel I need a rig for the flower pot that is more of a bong though with more pull/chug for the flowerpot than a dabbing recycler rig.

bannakaffalatta,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I've gone up to 680 for the hell of it. The dabs are gone in one go, with no where near as much vapour.

Back down to 590 I go :)

EmDeemo,
Reactions: YaMon

mixchu69

I would say I'm 50/50 as well with flowers and concentrates. I liked dabbing the last couple months for convenience.

I used an Extreme Q and Dynavap for flower. I haven't owned a water rig since 2008 so it wasn't until I started dabbing a couple months ago that I ended up getting a water rig for dabbing which I eventually tried to use the Extreme Q and Dynavap (with ddavemods) but it just didn't give me a satisfying hit that dabbing did.

Now I feel like I have the best of both worlds. The Extreme Q is now sitting in the closet. The Dynavap is only useful for when I am on the go and even then these days I just use cartridges. I also have a Focus V Carta that I won in a waffle so I even have a water portable for when I need it.

I don't see how I am going to need to purchase anything more now since I got everything covered.

I do feel I need a rig for the flower pot that is more of a bong though with more pull/chug for the flowerpot than a dabbing recycler rig.
Trust me, there is always more

mixchu69,

Grifo

My recycler works fine i can get a good milk with out really inhaling that much. Though its nice to have options though.

Grifo,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

Waffle water portable, thats waftorable!

I feel like I've had the best results with all the FP's so far when paired with glass that chugs less.

Might be time for me to try some bigger glass again tho.

EmDeemo,
Reactions: Logic

Summer

Long Island, NY
@NewVape710 , coincidentally, I partially wrote out a draft post a week or so ago for my ideas for a debowler stand. Upfront, I will candidly say that I'm not a fan of your design because, imo, the container is overkill in height. Most of us don't need such a large abv collection container. And, I would venture to guess, most empty their avb into a sealed jar after use or at least once every day, day & 1/2.

Not a fan of the crossbared lid. Much prefer the scooped, lidless dish. And the container's just not visually pleasing.

As I like keeping my tools & parts separate from the debowler & heater coil post, my offering to the conversation is:

1. Remove the debowler from the FlowerPot Safety Stand & Debowler (3004) & increase it's diameter to, say, 4" from its current 3" size &, then, drill 4 threaded holes equally spaced from both the dish's circumference & from each other. These holes will accept the debowler spike, the FP ss cleaning brush, the heater coil post & the banger post for the shovelhead shown in your video. The stand can be sold with all the tools or standalone, & the tools can be purchased ala carte.

2. Now my fav idea is: The 3004 stand with the existing FP heater coil post positioning, the above suggested larger debowler cup with only 3 threaded tools (cleaning brush, debowler spike, banger post), the existing carb cap slot, 1 slot for a dab tool, 1 threaded slot for the pax tool, 1 extra slot for whatever (in my case a pick), & maybe even a well for a silicone dab container. In essence, just the basic vaping essentials.

3. I'd also like the 3004 stand without the debowler & with more slots that are of more useful sizing & placement that will hold parts like both a 14 & 18mm glass bowl. So, in essence, it's a storage holder that doesn't get dirty from abv.

But the handle, at least on the NV site, looks too small to easily use while holding, because it's designed to be attached to the NV gear.

This had also ocurred to me since I'm not using the debowler. Not only should the new ss brush have an extended handle, but the debowler spike should also. The extender handle would screw onto the debowler spike making it into an independent pick/stirring tool. I'm thinking 3" extension of the same width, making it a substantial extender.

And why can't the cleaning brush have the same, 1-piece, screw threading that the debowler spike has. This way, the handle extender for the debowler spike would be interchangeable with the cleaning brush. Both heads sharing the same handle extender to be used as standalones seems smart to me.

Last edited:
Summer,
Top Bottom