Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Vaporware

WeedhEater. I don't get what the "h" stands for?

Maybe WeedHEater or WeedHeater would make the OP’s suggestion more clear.

I shared some of the same concerns about the name, but since they’re in very different industries I’m not sure how much concern is warranted. Many of the FP parts are named after motorcycles and engines and so far they don’t seem to have any problems on that front.

sisonpyh

If you want to minimize impurities inhaled I would suggest a rosin press, NewVape makes some excellent ones.

You can get an all glass vapor path quartz banger for $8.

Have looked a bit into Rosin but not ready yet to make the leap into concentrates. Looking for an all glass air path for flower. I know there are some other vapes like this but really like the idea of the FlowerPot.

sisonpyh,
Reactions: BigJr48

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Hello @sisonpyh I certainly do respect your desire to minimize any foreign materials in the vapor path.
I personally believe my coated aluminum cookware and plastic spatulas are more of a concern. Grade 2 titanium has been selected because it's the purest lead free metal with no unsafe off gassing. We do have a glass bowls. However we have learned that the built in glass screens don't support the extra fine ground material needed for maximum vapor production. As simple as the flowerpot system appears it does require tight tolerances that can't be duplicated with glass. I've never seen glass threads. Perhaps the flowerpot system can be produced with Macor or a similar material one day. But only after that material is proven safer than grade 2. Good luck with your quest. Please keep us posted with your findings.

Baron23

Have looked a bit into Rosin but not ready yet to make the leap into concentrates. Looking for an all glass air path for flower. I know there are some other vapes like this but really like the idea of the FlowerPot.
You can look into the Glass Symphony but I believe that the manf is EU based and I'm not even sure how to reach out to him. You can try Jojo (guy's name) at Email symphony.vapor@gmail.com.

I tried the website but it was a no go.

P.S. - might want to look this over: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/glass-symphony-xlr.24261/

I have a NV FP Shower Head for flower. I LOVE it and do not notice any taste impact (and, I have had glass bowls for it from when they first appeared but have gone back to my NV Ti adjustabowls...they just work so well).

And speaking for myself only, I have absolutely no worries about vaping through a Ti heater/bowl. YMMV.

AND, I expect this Ti vape to last a lifetime....not the coils, they do fail sometimes, but the base vape is a Ti brick and I think you would have to work very hard to damage it.

usefulbean

I believe this was due to leaving the head on the bowl and also not taking the head off before you stop your draw, causing some vapor to travel up into the head and condense.

I am an extremely heavy VROD flower/concentrate user and always remove the head before I stop my draw, so nothing goes back up, and also never leave the head on the bowl. Never seen anything inside following this.

If someone can confirm that was the cause, it might be worth adding to the OP or some sort of FAQ.

Not sure which SiC dish it was, but the NV one is great.
hmmm I have been doing this. I have some of my roommates using it too, I'll have to watch them the next time they take a dab.

usefulbean,

thevapist

It seems to also depend on the piece you are using. NV stereo matrix has a bit of blow-back, and the plume that rises after you stop drawing can be pretty noticeable. Easy to see how it would add up over time.

thevapist,
Reactions: Summer

Vital

WeedhEater. I don't get what the "h" stands for?

The word "heater" if you look at it again, you will see the words "Weed Heater"...WeedhEater :) The E is capitalized because it uses a coil like an Enail.

I think that's why Edwyn capitalized the E in WeedEater, but I could be wrong. :hmm:

Last edited:
Vital,
Reactions: Summer

arthritisbites

PandaLee

I saw the commotion over at reddit today. What started out as some product demos/marketing, turned into accusations of product shilling and then the story of 420vapezone getting his affiliation status removed by NV because he criticized the NV controller in his review video.

You got to be ready for anything if you post on reddit. It turned into a shit show.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
yes leave it to edwyn to step in shit. I reactivated 420vapezone coupon code which was deactivated over a month ago. It got blown out of proportion and twisted around real fast. At least they know who edwyn is over on reddit now. Juicy drama's always good for sales. Damm that's a tough bunch over on reddit. I got ambushed the the Troy Army

Last edited:

buckhakeesah

haha, this is amusing watching the reddit community go bonkers. Almost as bad as the last time there was dust up here on FC and the owner said he wouldn't return. Man, the power of social media makes people knees weak.

dagfp

Growing pains.... hopefully everyone can get together and hit the peace pipe, at least I know I am :spliff:

ya i have no idea what the people on reddit are vaping on cause it's definitely not helping them with the chillness

dagfp,

sisonpyh

Hello @sisonpyh I certainly do respect your desire to minimize any foreign materials in the vapor path.
I personally believe my coated aluminum cookware and plastic spatulas are more of a concern. Grade 2 titanium has been selected because it's the purest lead free metal with no unsafe off gassing. We do have a glass bowls. However we have learned that the built in glass screens don't support the extra fine ground material needed for maximum vapor production. As simple as the flowerpot system appears it does require tight tolerances that can't be duplicated with glass. I've never seen glass threads. Perhaps the flowerpot system can be produced with Macor or a similar material one day. But only after that material is proven safer than grade 2. Good luck with your quest. Please keep us posted with your findings.

Greatly appreciate the response and understand where the company is coming from! I certainly agree with the cookware concern. I think I need to do more research on the materials themselves. Will definitely reach out if I have any more questions.

You can look into the Glass Symphony but I believe that the manf is EU based and I'm not even sure how to reach out to him. You can try Jojo (guy's name) at Email symphony.vapor@gmail.com.

I tried the website but it was a no go.

P.S. - might want to look this over: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/glass-symphony-xlr.24261/

I have a NV FP Shower Head for flower. I LOVE it and do not notice any taste impact (and, I have had glass bowls for it from when they first appeared but have gone back to my NV Ti adjustabowls...they just work so well).

And speaking for myself only, I have absolutely no worries about vaping through a Ti heater/bowl. YMMV.

AND, I expect this Ti vape to last a lifetime....not the coils, they do fail sometimes, but the base vape is a Ti brick and I think you would have to work very hard to damage it.

Thanks for the suggestion! Have looked into the Symphony, Evo, Vapolution etc. I know there are controversies on build materials and I certainly trust titanium over many of the other materials used in some vapes. My initial thought was just to find something with all glass for peace of mind but think I need to educate myself more with titanium.

DabbinLavish

yes leave it to edwyn to step in shit. I reactivated 420vapezone coupon code which was deactivated over a month ago. It got blown out of proportion and twisted around real fast. At least they know who edwyn is over on reddit now. Juicy drama's always good for sales. Damm that's a tough bunch over on reddit. I got ambushed the the Troy Army

Blown out of proportion and twisted? I'm relatively new to the vape world and have been eyeing the Flowerpot. Some light research got me in this rabbit hole. Could you educate those like myself who don't know what's going on?

Why was 420vapezone's affiliate status changed?

MrKappus

I've been a member here a long time and I don't understand how the reddit posts are blowing things out of proportion. It seems like they are just reporting the facts; they sent a reviewer a free product, he pointed out some issues, they removed his affiliate status. Am I missing something here? If not, that's a shitty way to run your PR and I wouldn't put much faith into the product.

Direct quote from the CEO "Here's the facts. I gave Troy a FREE $600 flowerpot setup for his affiliate work. I paid him a monthly commission for his work. Troy decided to throw that relationship under the buss all by himself. He chose to speak badly about the product that I gave him for free. I find that type of publicity counter productive. He's not the business partner that I choose to work with. Now please help me understand how I fucked over troy and 420vapezone"

Last edited:

WelshBrok

If not, that's a shitty way to run your PR and I wouldn't put much faith into the product."

Although this whole debacle doesn’t look great for newvape marketing, the flowerpot is arguably one of the best desktop vapes around. I didn’t buy the flowerpot for the marketing or reviews either, it was threads all over vape forums (not even fp specific) saying how they’d cured their VAS with an FP and how versatile it is, how powerful an extractor it is, how much vapour etc

I also think paying for reviewers to produce content is a disservice to the flowerpot as it’s like they’re being paid to say good things instead of a real user on the forum writing chapter and verse on how much they love this thing when they’ve spent over $1000 on various revisions and never received anything free and paid over the odds to customs and delivery to get it all.

Reddit is clearly an untapped market for newvape as there’s probably 30+ comments of people on the one thread I read who were minutes away from buying a flowerpot before this. 30+ people not going to buy it because they’re more interested in the reviewer than the item being reviewed :doh:

Vaporware

Edwyn’s not perfect, and being so involved in the community* he has a lot of chances to make PR mistakes, and sometimes he does. That is not reflected in his design or machining work @MrKappus , so while I get that the drama itself matters to some people, there’s no reason to lose faith in the products.

In fact, I think whenever he’s ended up in this drama it’s been because he cares a lot about putting out one of the best vaporizers in the world, and when people question his products or his intentions in selling them he can be maybe a bit too defensive... :(

I try to be straight with him though, so I do want to say though that while the original NewVape controller (which is made by a third party) should work fine for most people, it is the least impressive part of the FlowerPot system. I have it and the Auber controller they also sell now, and in several ways I prefer the Auber by a good margin.

We’ve had a bit of drama in this thread before, and that’s the least pleasant and most useless part of this thread, so I hope that we can just let the people who want the drama check it out on reddit and let the rest of us get back to talking about the FlowerPot. :myday:

Just tried some Slurricane for the first time and the VRod’s doing a hell of a job with it! :rockon:

*I see his involvement as overall a very good thing for the company and for those of us who want the best versions of the FlowerPot, DCup, etc. possible.

jardri

Vapor Dreams
This is a delicate matter as Edwyn may have overreacted but in the other hand Troy says one truth and one lie. Truth is that the enail controller can be a pain in the ass if you want to set the temp. The lie is that it takes 10 minutes to heat. In my vapecode unit it takes 5 minutes at most to heatsoak set at 700º.

It can be an honest mistake or a way to attract views and sales towards an external product. As a business owner i can understand Edwyn´s decision but the way he communicates is not appropiate. Sometimes its just better to let things cool down before making a decision and then do it in a respectful way even if the other part didn´t.

DabbinLavish

This really could have been an opportunity for Edwyn to be like:
"Yeah our controller was not the best. We heard the reviews/feedback and did <action> to improve upon it. We appreciate the honest feedback because we want to produce the kind of product that will satisfy."

The Flowerpot sounds like a great vape but I wonder if he really means it that he wants to put out the best products.
I am not saying this is the case but I'm getting the impression that his desire to buy good reviews is more important than taking feedback and improving upon the product.

Top Bottom