Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

fatbiker

...are the bowl handles not the same thread as the dab tools?

handle-1.jpg

https://www.newvape.com/flowerpot-solid-handle

...not sure if that is what you meant or not...

EDIT: ...NVM, failed to read whole post :\

That is the one I’ll buy if the wood handled version is/will not be released.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
IMO Here' my list of flowerpot variables for newbies.
1) temp and heat soak time (wait 1 min after the enail hits the desired programmed temp)
2) fineness of ground material. (the finer the grind the denser the clouds)
3) draw speed (slow to medium draw speed is best) (the slower the air moves thru the head the hotter it is when it hits the herb)

preheating bowls and using the carb caps are advanced techniques and should be explored after the above variables have been dialed in.

mark1988

Hello all recently got a flowerpot a few weeks back and I love it.

Do any of yous use a recycler with it and if so does it still function properly before I go ahead and buy one

WelshBrok

Hello all recently got a flowerpot a few weeks back and I love it.

Do any of yous use a recycler with it and if so does it still function properly before I go ahead and buy one

Yes used both a small and pretty large recycler and works fine. Large one needed a lot more water though so maybe muted the taste the tinniest bit.

@NewVape710 @newvape918
Hey guys, asked this a few pages back but think it got lost. I have a rev1 og vrod ordered basically when it released. Will the angled hole carb cap still fit it with the dnail sic dish? I remember that rev1s were sent back in to be resized for the NV sic dish and just wanted to make sure that doesn’t affect the carb cap size.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
@WelshBrok yes the latest vrod carb cap with angled holes will work with the og vrod head with dnail dish.

NewVape will be celebrating 420 in Miami this year. https://710dabday.com/

Please stop by the booth and test drive our latest products.

@fatbiker the wood handle extension is back on deck but not likely to be released until next week. I'm not sure if you remember but the wood was really turning brown where it connected with the carb cap. We've re designed the wood extension / handle to space it away some. It still needs further testing. The wire brush is also finished being tested. and will be listed within the next several weeks.

Last edited:

mark1988

Yes used both a small and pretty large recycler and works fine. Large one needed a lot more water though so maybe muted the taste the tinniest bit.
Thank you that sounds good. When you say small what size are you talking 30cm and less or is 30cm even too big. Dont think I would like a large one requiring too much water as I like to keep it at minimum with the glass I already use.

Modnote: Edited to remove reply from quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:
mark1988,
Reactions: BigJr48

WelshBrok

@WelshBrok yes the latest vrod carb cap with angled holes will work with the og vrod head with dnail dish.

NewVape will be celebrating 420 in Miami this year. https://710dabday.com/

Please stop by the booth and test drive our latest products.

@fatbiker the wood handle extension is back on deck but not likely to be released until next week. I'm not sure if you remember but the wood was really turning brown where it connected with the carb cap. We've re designed the wood extension / handle to space it away some. It still needs further testing. The wire brush is also finished being tested. and will be listed within the next several weeks.
@NewVape710
Also is there any way I could get the angled carb cap without the scoop dabber? I’ve already got 6 of them from two SH caps, the ti cap, the wrap around cap and the og vrod cap and I don’t really use them as I prefer the screwdriver or cookie cutter ones :doh:.

@mark1988
I’ve got a couple 34cm+ recyclers which work great but just need too much water for me (so sometimes I use them dry) and then a tiny 12cm recycler that I love as a little hand pipe but is difficult to use when you want to cap (just don’t have enough arms/coordination when dabbing). Basically the flowerpots will work really well with essentially any glass but some glass is more suited than others. If I get a chance later I’ll take some pics for reference.

Skunkport

So I just bought a Flowerpot finally. I'd given up but a nice guy on reddit took the time to actually explain wtf I needed out of all the weird looking bits of titanium in the parts list!

Turns out I'm not the only one held back from buying a FP because of utter confusion, high Uk prices and the cheapest bundle being £364 at vapefiend, I had a guy asking me what guide I used and had to come up with my own explanation for him.
This is my understanding of it as I laid it out to the other English guy asking me, I may be wrong in parts, feel free to correct or add to this. You guys REALLY need a simple fucking explanation of this vape that stoned people can understand. :-

Working up from the glass, first there's an optional bit, the Body. This fits in the glass and has a handle that breaks if you pull it too hard, to stop you breaking your glass if it gets stuck. Bugger that, both versions are sold out anyway.

Then there's the Bowl.

There's the Panhead Bowl or Shovelhead Bowl and they can come with a separate Post or with a built-in post, work out around same price but provides a bunch of extra spam in the parts list.

Next comes the Coil Nut, in 16mm or 20mm.

Then the Coil Cover.

Then the main part, the Head.

There's the Shower Head, the Wrap-around Head and the Vrod Head. The shower head is nice and simple, the wrap around needs a Silicon Carbide or Quartz dish, the Vrod just fucks up my whole list by replacing the Coil Nut and Coil Cover with a Diffuser, uses the dishes too plus a nut to hold it.

Lastly the Carb Cap, which has 4 options, Lollipop apparently doesn't quite cover the edges on the showerhead, leaving the Shower Cap and the titanium Shower Cap for that one, and the Vrod is specifically for the Vrod Head.

Here's what I bought and I'm assured I have everything here but the enail and coil, just need a heatproof stand of some sort (pottery dish will do me for now)

FlowerPot Shower Head for 20mm Coil (3063) £53.99

FlowerPot Shower Head Coil Nut (3066) £17.99

FlowerPot Coil Cover (3061) £17.99

FlowerPot Titanium ShowerCap Carb Cap (3096) £35.99

FlowerPot PanHead Bowl (3108) £26.99

14mm Post (3099) £18.49

=£171.44

thekayo

I remember someone blabbing about the handle breaking on the bowl. This however it is not true from my understanding. I wack the handle all the time on glass to empty the bowl and its still good.

thekayo,

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
It seems like you have what you need to get started. I believe our current lineup and site explain everything a bit better. Its only confusing because each part has many parts to it.

But essentially you need a head, a bowl and a carb cap (optional)

the Head is assembled around your 20mm coil. Why it seems complicated is because the head is comprised of these three parts but essentially they all make up the "Head"

Next the BOWL, pick out of the shovelhead or panhead (by looks only) and simply add the joint (or post or connection), make sure it matches your glass. So the bowl has two parts:

FlowerPot PanHead Bowl (3108) £26.99 (this comes with a handle that does NOT break away, we dont make those anymore)

14mm Post (3099) £18.49

Lastly the CAP, this would be your ShowerCap

I probably just posted what you did, but im hoping in my attempt I at least have clarified some things.

Cheers

So I just bought a Flowerpot finally. I'd given up but a nice guy on reddit took the time to actually explain wtf I needed out of all the weird looking bits of titanium in the parts list!

Turns out I'm not the only one held back from buying a FP because of utter confusion, high Uk prices and the cheapest bundle being £364 at vapefiend, I had a guy asking me what guide I used and had to come up with my own explanation for him.
This is my understanding of it as I laid it out to the other English guy asking me, I may be wrong in parts, feel free to correct or add to this. You guys REALLY need a simple fucking explanation of this vape that stoned people can understand. :-

Working up from the glass, first there's an optional bit, the Body. This fits in the glass and has a handle that breaks if you pull it too hard, to stop you breaking your glass if it gets stuck. Bugger that, both versions are sold out anyway.

Then there's the Bowl.

There's the Panhead Bowl or Shovelhead Bowl and they can come with a separate Post or with a built-in post, work out around same price but provides a bunch of extra spam in the parts list.

Next comes the Coil Nut, in 16mm or 20mm.

Then the Coil Cover.

Then the main part, the Head.

There's the Shower Head, the Wrap-around Head and the Vrod Head. The shower head is nice and simple, the wrap around needs a Silicon Carbide or Quartz dish, the Vrod just fucks up my whole list by replacing the Coil Nut and Coil Cover with a Diffuser, uses the dishes too plus a nut to hold it.

Lastly the Carb Cap, which has 4 options, Lollipop apparently doesn't quite cover the edges on the showerhead, leaving the Shower Cap and the titanium Shower Cap for that one, and the Vrod is specifically for the Vrod Head.

Here's what I bought and I'm assured I have everything here but the enail and coil, just need a heatproof stand of some sort (pottery dish will do me for now)

FlowerPot PanHead Bowl (3108) £26.99

14mm Post (3099) £18.49

=£171.44

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
We used to make the "break away" handle which would prevent anyone from applying excessive force to the bowl to try and remove it from the glass and then end up with broken glass. We later figured out the new design of our bowls, which reduced the sticking of the bowl to the glass, and so there was no longer a need for the break away system.

I remember someone blabbing about the handle breaking on the bowl. This however it is not true from my understanding. I wack the handle all the time on glass to empty the bowl and its still good.

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...i'm still using one the the og 14mm bowls, i believe its refereed to as the 'stubby'(?)... i've never had issues with it sticking in any pieces and really like it...

...this is probably overstated in this thread.... but.... the showerhead is beast :evil:... been using the showerhead since 9/23/17 and the honeymoon period isn't over yet!

Skunkport

Ah brilliant, I wasn't entirely sure I'd got things right (mostly) and I just came back to check because the guy on r/ukvaporents I was talking to replied he was ordering stuff over the holiday. Wanted to make sure nobody had pointed out I was missing something important that he would then be missing based on my advice! :p

Thanks for confirming stuff!

Damn vape sites not deleting old stock - I guess people who don'tuse forums might search for an old part and find the site, but didn't help me figuring things out seeing these old bits:-

https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/newvape/products/flowerpot-14mm-male-body-with-handle-3038

Vaporware

@Skunkport Yeah, those are the “OG” bowls and not what most people would buy today. The handle threading is the same so you could use a newer handle on that bowl (or a dabber) if you wanted to though.

Basically all you need is the head, bowl, something to put the bowl in and a controller/coil to heat the head. Even the carb cap is optional (at least for flower).

Oh, and of course somewhere to put the hot head is recommended. :lol:

It seems complicated to a lot of people looking at it, but it’s actually pretty simple. I think you’ll agree once you actually use it.

Welcome to the club! :rockon:

Baron23

The two part bowls...that is, a Pan or Shovel Head bowl with a separate post is often referred to as the adjust-a-bowl and it has a purpose beyond spamming your order. Specifically, it was designed to eliminate sticking of the bowl assembly in your rig....which makes it very difficult to empty, right?

I used to use the one piece and I used it with a drop down so I would pick up the whole drop down with the bowl stuck there to empty. Worked fine...but the adjust-a-bowl eliminated this issue altogether and that's all I use these days.

Highly recommend the two piece bowl config over the one piece.

I didn't even know that they were still selling the one piece bowl assembly....matter of fact, I had to use the search function with variable "bowl" just to find them.

Cheers

Skunkport

I don't think they are still selling them, it's just an old listing on Vapefiend's site, they're out of stock. I was a little snarky in my descriptions to be fair, I'd spent ages looking through all the bits to figure things out and make sure I didn't fuck up explaining it and I needed to vape some weed.

Skunkport,
Reactions: Vaporware

PandaLee

I was running the OG wrap-around SiC dish up until last week, and was passed down my friends Vrod head assembly (the version just before the wrench flats, so it's smooth around). He ended up getting the Weedeater.

Oh the beautiful colors of my OG titanium after about 2 years of use! I'm probably going to pass it down to someone else, but I almost feel like displaying it in a collectors case as memorabilia!

Anyways, I need to stock-up on a bunch of accessories. I'm still running the OG 14/18mm female one-piece bowl and the lollipop cap. So I'm waiting on a 420 sale, and it looks like they'll have one from tonight from 9pm PST to 12am PST ?? - I'm a bit confused, but I'll be checking it.

I'm thinking I need:

* new bowl and a few attachments (14mm female and male). Maybe even an 18 to experiment flower on a bigger rig. I had the glass bowl. Worked great, and I was actually preferring it for dabbing only because I didn't like adding the screen for flower. But after a couple months, the top part of the glass bowl just came off with my OG top - like a clean cut right above the glass handle. So don't know if I'm getting another.

* New Vrod specific carb cap with two directional holes and few quartz balls. I haven't used spinning terp balls before, but seems like fun.

I believe that's it, other than any extra screens or handles/dab tools. Happy 419 everybody!

PandaLee,

justcametomind

Hi. I need a pid controller and a flat coil to run a Supreme V3 jcat mod.
I was told this is a good choice.
https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45&products_id=484
It’s only available at @NewVape710 internet shop at the moment. I live in EU so I’d get the 220V one. I have seen it can be also purchased along with Flowerpot kits, with a surcharge. Does is mean it’s a better choice than the usual controller?
that goes along with the bundle?

Which Flowerpot items should I buy if I’d decide to get that vape other than the controller?

Would it be better if I get 2 controllers, one for the mod, one for the Flowerpot?
Auberins one seems more straightforward (just the temperature knob) while my herborizer one (similar to FP bundle one) has many settings and maybe I’d save money on controllers and then have to set different options if I want to switch from FP/Sv3 mod?

Thanks.

justcametomind,
Top Bottom