Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Gigsabits53

What I see in the picture would cost ~$450 new I think, so even if NewVape gave a 20% discount (my guess is 10-15% if they do it at all) it would still cost more than $300.

As long as you pay in a way that you can get your money back if it’s not delivered (and/or you’re buying from a trusted user here), the only thing you’re really losing is time on the controller warranty which you probably won’t need anyway. Oh, and you would get to watch thing head slowly turn blue and purple instead of watching it turn gold. :)

There are a couple of small things I see you might want to buy from NewVape though; it looks like they’re including a quartz dish, but you may prefer the $25 SiC dish, and if they only have regular screens you might pick up a double-weave screen or two.

Now I have to go play The Division Bell because of your username, @clusterone ;)
Great album, one of my favorite Floyd LP's.

CANtalk

showerhead-3.jpg

Silicone water pieces look so sex-toy phallic to me :p... the crazy colors don't hurt that theme either :).

Last edited:

MAbud

Interesting first night with the weed eater...it is nice and light but not flimsy at all. New vape has also improved cleanliness of the products shipping from the machine shop. They used to come with more residue, etc than now. Good upgrade.

For whatever reason I have a much more difficult time threading the weed eater than SH or VRod to the coil. Took me a few attempts. Fit to the glass bowl was good though. Snug but not too firm. I started about 720 and didn’t get any noticeable vapor. A little surprised but given no carb cap and glass bowl (usually requires higher heat than shovelhead) not a total shock. So I bumped up to 750 and produced a massive cloud. Maybe slightly too high a temp so likely to land somewhere in between, maybe 735??

The other immediate difference is the airflow!!! This is massive for me. Even an uncapped SH is far more restrictive. My recyclers are now recycling! This for me is the single biggest deal and the hope of this was literally the entire reason I suggested a flower only version, and the whole reason I purchased it. So I couldn’t be more pleased.

I will also say I’m a little surprised at both how much the coil can float around a bit inside the weed eater; FP and VRod feel more secure for sure. I also picked up the new simple stand and the weed eater is very loose on that as well. My SH is quite tight on the debowler and post. The WE actually feels like it could fall off easily.

Overall, I would say first experience had some expectations exceeded and some questions or disappointments. I’ll continue to play around further this weekend. And would love to hear any experiences that mimic or contrast.

MAbud

Great post @MAbud, super informative.

I'm trying to decide on if I should go for a used v-rod kit for 300 or get a new weedeater kit for 350. I never use concentrates though. Still can't decide!

Thanks. Glad you feel that way

If not using concentrates then I would say WE. For flower only I would also place the SH above the VRod personally

Baron23

Normal colouring from some heated use I would say.

Titanium changes colour over time.
Agree...my FP SH heater head is turning a very nice gold color. Its from Ti just being heated and the metal is just fine.

Thanks. Glad you feel that way

If not using concentrates then I would say WE. For flower only I would also place the SH above the VRod personally

This ^^ +1

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
will also say I’m a little surprised at both how much the coil can float around a bit inside the weed eater;

+1. it's not bad... doesn't "rattle" really, but there is some give. I was surprised as well but it works fine. I had no issues threading mine and thought it was easier than the vrod or showerhead to get situated.

happy with mine still. mine maybe looks loose on the Ti post but have not had any issues with it falling off or even coming close.

Baron23

I will also say I’m a little surprised at both how much the coil can float around a bit inside the weed eater;

Perhaps spread your coils a bit with a flat bladed screw driver and tighten the coils a bit with protected pliers jaws?

I'm of the @710Coils school of coil fitment....if on a metal banger or nail (e.g. FP, D-nail Halo, etc), get it as tight as you can.

No rattle and less delta between set point and actual temp.

Just a thought.

MAbud

Perhaps spread your coils a bit with a flat bladed screw driver and tighten the coils a bit with protected pliers jaws?

I'm of the @710Coils school of coil fitment....if on a metal banger or nail (e.g. FP, D-nail Halo, etc), get it as tight as you can.

Just a thought.

Don’t disagree. Just surprised that on NV coil it there would still be that much play. Again it’s not bad just different that other incarnations

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit

Just a thought.

This helped. It fits snug now... bad news is, I had put my FP away... Now I gotta do some testing it seems. Thanks @Baron23 :D

FWIW i am using my NV coil and box that I got back in Aug 2017 when I bought my OG FP

clusterone

Does anyone have any glass recommendations? I decided I'm gonna order a new WE FP kit.

I'm looking for something super simple and on the smaller size (10'' tops), might be using it just for dry hits so don't need anything fancy. There are so many to choose from its a little overwhelming.

Not sure if I want to buy one of the $60 glass options on New Vape.

clusterone,
Reactions: BigJr48

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Oh my...why?

Oh, nothing bad! my living situation is not really conducive to plug-ins currently. I wanted to test the weedeater and make sure I was happy with my purchase (which I am!) but I put it away after, to be used when I can do so in a more comfortable environment. My other devices get me by without being plugged in, but the FP comes out if I need to sleep or am having particularly bad pain. If it were up to me, it'd be out 24/7, but I make it work, being cordless (generally) for the time being.

I will bang out some weedeater bowls tonight now that it's snug, for science, however :science:

Last edited:

MAbud

Oh, nothing bad! my living situation is not really conducive to plug-ins currently. I wanted to test the weedeater and make sure I was happy with my purchase (which I am!) but I put it away after, to be used when I can do so in a more comfortable environment. My other devices get me by without being plugged in, but the FP comes out if I need to sleep or am having particularly bad pain. If it were up to me, it'd be out 24/7, but I make it work, being cordless (generally) for the time being.

I will bang out some weedeater bowls tonight now that it's snug, for science, however :science:

Sounds like you need the NV portable enail battery :lol:

okc0mputer

Interesting first night with the weed eater...it is nice and light but not flimsy at all. New vape has also improved cleanliness of the products shipping from the machine shop. They used to come with more residue, etc than now. Good upgrade.

For whatever reason I have a much more difficult time threading the weed eater than SH or VRod to the coil. Took me a few attempts. Fit to the glass bowl was good though. Snug but not too firm. I started about 720 and didn’t get any noticeable vapor. A little surprised but given no carb cap and glass bowl (usually requires higher heat than shovelhead) not a total shock. So I bumped up to 750 and produced a massive cloud. Maybe slightly too high a temp so likely to land somewhere in between, maybe 735??

The other immediate difference is the airflow!!! This is massive for me. Even an uncapped SH is far more restrictive. My recyclers are now recycling! This for me is the single biggest deal and the hope of this was literally the entire reason I suggested a flower only version, and the whole reason I purchased it. So I couldn’t be more pleased.

I will also say I’m a little surprised at both how much the coil can float around a bit inside the weed eater; FP and VRod feel more secure for sure. I also picked up the new simple stand and the weed eater is very loose on that as well. My SH is quite tight on the debowler and post. The WE actually feels like it could fall off easily.

Overall, I would say first experience had some expectations exceeded and some questions or disappointments. I’ll continue to play around further this weekend. And would love to hear any experiences that mimic or contrast.

Good to see some more weedeater users.
I started around 700 and moved back. I've been staying at 650 lately and while my clouds aren't huge, it's not lacking at that temp. Maybe I'll run through the temp ranges again today and see if I change my mind. I spread the coil a little to tighten the fit, and its a good fit now.

Does anyone have any glass recommendations? I decided I'm gonna order a new WE FP kit.

I'm looking for something super simple and on the smaller size (10'' tops), might be using it just for dry hits so don't need anything fancy. There are so many to choose from its a little overwhelming.

I have the 12.5" stereo matrix from newvape and its a pretty nice piece of glass for the money. Good diffusion and very little draw resistance. It's much heavier than I expected and seems like it should last a while, but when it bites the dust it won't break my heart :)

mantis_871

hello, longtime lurker here. what's this I hear about NV considering not doing a 4/20 sale? :huh: has anyone else reached out to ask about it, or was it just the one bit of correspondence? I was thinking of grabbing an order and was reeally banking on a discount to keep things within my budget (~$300). might have to revisit some things - already decided that I wasn't going to be able to justify the coil handle, or the stand/debowler (probably the basic stand instead), or little things like a $20 scoop lol. the pan/shovelhead comes with a handle, no? that would be good - vape accessories are a very fun money pit :) but so much of my play money goes to guitar-related things, which is a endless abyss from which personal funds are never recovered :ko:
I've been a smoker for awhile, used a MFLB for a bit which I never especially liked (not for lack of trying), tried and failed to get on board with the Project train, eventually just gave up on vaporizers. Recently, I've been using a friend's mighty and it made me wanna get back into the vaping game. I mostly smoke at home and decided I'd rather get the best desktop out there and call it a day, really hate dealing with the constant battery needs of portables (especially when they hardly leave my room, let alone my apartment). This thing looks sick, I've read back about 200 pages so far and for sure this is the most effective customer-company relationship I've ever seen - a vape company that listens to its userbase? whoever would've thought of such a concept :rofl:
anyway, considering this new development, I see a lot of people are saying the weedeater gives comparable performance (albeit w/ higher temps) to the showerhead. would most of you that have used both agree? how about using with a carb cap, or beaker-style bongs with angled joints? I've heard the showerhead is a bit top-heavy, although that's definitely been what I had my eye on. I hardly mess with dabs and if I did convection dabs would be my main choice.
anyway, just wanted to say very excited about the prospect of getting to use this powerful device. do people still recommend the auber controller over the NV one? I might like the option of having a more common pin layout, and I know coils wear out - unless someone still had an adapter in the works/available? anyway, sorry for the lengthy post.

Grifo

already decided that I wasn't going to be able to justify the coil handle, or the stand/debowler (probably the basic stand instead), or little things like a $20 scoop lol. the pan/shovelhead comes with a handle, no? that would be good - vape accessories are a very fun money pit :) but so much of my play money goes to guitar-related things, which is a endless abyss from which personal funds are never recovered :ko:

do people still recommend the auber controller over the NV one? I might like the option of having a more common pin layout, and I know coils wear out - unless someone still had an adapter in the works/available? anyway, sorry for the lengthy post.
Yeah you dont need a handle it helps if you have a medical condition but ive been using mine without a handle since the first version flowerpot. You can also make your own if you are crafty. You also dont need a debowler or a scoop either. But i would suggest a carbcap depending on your vaping style. Just get the auber.

fatbiker

I would strongly consider a “beaker” style glass unit. No blowback. Plus if you are getting the WE then you won’t need to be concerned with keeping the dish level. I started with a “beaker” style and then switched to a glass unit with a fertile arm which has blow back. I’m going to switch to a different glass unit or buy an ash catcher to avoid the blowback. Pain in the ass.

Top Bottom