Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Mr Jeffrey

On the idea of adjustable airflow carb caps or lids, have you considered a mechanical iris? It would give incredible adjustment to airflow, and allow for faster warm up in the closed position. It could be adjusted with a lever opposite the handle. When hot the lever could be adjusted with a pick/dab tool/scoop.

I'm picturing a slightly taller version of the weed eater nut with an integrated iris. It probably wouldn't be suitable for the other heads as I'm sure it wouldn't mix well with dabs. Maybe it would also require the 18 hole diffuser to compensate for the more central airflow?

It's probably an overly complicated, expensive idea. But it would look sexy as hell. You could call it the FlowerPot Flowergate (Stargate).

Vaporware

An iris would be cool, but assuming you mean something like in a camera lens, that’s a lot of places for reclaim to stick together. ;)

For the WeedEater head though, there shouldn’t be reclaim up there so it could work! It would probably be more expensive though.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Just really firing up the weedeater tonight - not much time yesterday.

Went for my first hit at 680f which is what I used for vrod... was ok, but definitely too low. Next hit at 720f was ok as well; finished the bowl but I had to start slow to get it going before I started ripping.

Cached bowl, moved up to 750, loaded the glass bowl about as full as possible without tamping... and now we're talking. Wide open, 2 hits and pretty cooked. No ring.

Haven't used a showerhead in almost a year, but I was rocking 777 usually with that. Gonna keep playing but so far this is exactly what I was looking for. The decreased mass/profile is definitely noticeable and welcome.
IMG-20190309-184123.jpg

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Man that's dope!

Does it fit the glass bowl well?

No issues with fitment. :haw:

I have the one newvape sells. Sold off my shovelhead as well when I sold my vrod, so I actually made a profit from buying this thing... :rofl:That's how it works right... ? :hmm:

You really get a blast of terps the first few seconds of the draw. It's wild.

edit: think I'm gonna settle between 725-750. This is fun :science:

IMG-20190309-215012.jpg

only stirring i do is when i debowl

Last edited:

fatbiker

Will an ash catcher prevent “blow back”? I wish I would’ve know about it before buying a vertical arm rig. Considering an ash catcher or buying a beaker style rig.

Vaporware

Will an ash catcher prevent “blow back”? I wish I would’ve know about it before buying a vertical arm rig. Considering an ash catcher or buying a beaker style rig.

I don’t have one yet, but I’ve been considering picking one up because at least one person here has said their ash catcher stopped blowback for them. I’m not sure exactly how, but it might be worth experimenting with.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
My trick is to never fully cover the percolator. It bubbles when inhaling but it doesnt have blowback when you inhale.
This^ I wasn’t intelligent enough to come up with this as a strategy like our dear @jardri though, just stumbled upon it unwittingly. I’ve never experienced blowback, mostly I will grab a SeedofLife Sphere Bubbler for my VRod, which has the vertical stemless joint that seems to be the biggest culprit of blowback. But I only fill so that the bottom of the lace Sphere is submerged. My reasoning was flavour preservation. I’ve used the VRod setup with other pieces as well, usually filling to just cover the perc and never any issues.
Except once, after a brutal assault & battery by my VRod, I was lifting the bowl to dump it and I just dropped it. Like my hand involuntarily opened up and let go of it. No real harm other than AVB on the table, but I still hold Edwyn & Lori and everyone at NewVape somewhat responsible for the ensuing trauma.
After all, nowhere in the literature or online does it state that the VRod causes brain-farts and synaptic freak-outs during spaced out episodes.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hello gentlemen i seek for your advice!

Recently had a child and my wife doesnt let me have the Flowerpot all the time in the living room anymore. I have the two piece wooden base and a mobius matrix bong. Would love to find some type of case that lets me keep everything assembled inside so I just have to plug it in and hit it and then store it while hot. All the cases Newvape sells come with foam which would make my idea impossible. I dont need foam to keep everything in place just enough space and some heat resistant material. Searching Amazon for something fitting right now but there are like 25000 different references. Could any of you help me?

Thanks in advance!
Someone mentioned finding cheap wood boxes, like tool ones, but cheap, like a flatter wood shoe box, with a hinged top, and lock ;)
Home Depot, online, hardware stores, GoodWills, HabitatsForHumanity, $1 stores, Walmart, Target etc etc
Go cheap or expensive, wood is a nice, and safe protection for your kid.
Make cut outs in the back, for plug and nail cord.
Inside, you’ll fit the nail controller to the cutout side, and arrange the stand, or directly screw the Ti post to the wood base.
You can add silicone mats to the bottom of the lid, and base, so, if in a hurry, stash & go.
All that, can be closed, latched and locked, in seconds, and stored inside a foam case, big enough to hold your glass, and your wood FP Kid Proof Kit if needed ;)
Hopefully it helps.

fatbiker

I use a Grav Labs ash catcher on my NV 12.5" Stereo Matrix, RO water only in the catcher and no blow back.

I’m going to pick up a “Showerhead” style ash catcher and run RO water in JUST the ash catcher and run the rig dry.

I’m also considering buying the NewVape glass bowls for use with flower. I notice my double-weave screens get clogged so quickly. For those of you who use the glass bowls, do they stay cleaner than the double-weave screens? I’m using a medium grind consistency so I don’t think that should be an issue.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
My trick is to never fully cover the percolator. It bubbles when inhaling but it doesnt have blowback when you inhale.

THIS

The blow back is caused by the water returning to its normals level, however if youre never fully covering the perc, the water level doesnt change.

Use less water! (if ya can)

MAbud

@NewVape710 what is the weight difference between the weed eater and Showerhead? On some of my small rigs the weight tends to pull the unit over if I don’t hold on. I’m wondering if the weed eater would solve for this?

Also, are there any weed eater revisions already in the works? I bought the VROD quickly and missed on some quick updates so am just wanting to double check. Thanks!!

MAbud,

okc0mputer

I just bought the weedeater bundle with the stereo matrix tube! (All my friends are still smokers so I had to brag about my purchase to people who know what the flower pot is :)) I hope it really blows away my other vapes - aromed, ssv, volcano, plenty. I chose the weedeater as a starting point since I don't really use concentrates much anymore. I'm currently using the SSV as my daily driver and the flowerpot should make a nice replacement.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I just bought the weedeater bundle with the stereo matrix tube! (All my friends are still smokers so I had to brag about my purchase to people who know what the flower pot is :)) I hope it really blows away my other vapes - aromed, ssv, volcano, plenty. I chose the weedeater as a starting point since I don't really use concentrates much anymore. I'm currently using the SSV as my daily driver and the flowerpot should make a nice replacement.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I’m also considering buying the NewVape glass bowls for use with flower. I notice my double-weave screens get clogged so quickly. For those of you who use the glass bowls, do they stay cleaner than the double-weave screens? I’m using a medium grind consistency so I don’t think that should be an issue.

Honestly I never really cleaned my double weaves a ton. I occasionally soaked it when I'd clean my bowl, but the maintenance wasn't that much for me. I'm also super lazy. I would have definitely noticed if it was affecting performance much though. I am lazy, but don't mess around with my vapor.

The glass bowls get dirty quick, but once they get a nice coating, you stop getting fresh bits falling through the holes. Some of the holes clog, but I don't notice real issues. I just poked em out with a toothpick and now it'll be fine for probably another few bowls, but I didn't really notice decreased airflow, or hotspotting throughout my session last night (which I assume is when they clogged)

I like the glass bowl for taste (imo it is noticeably better than the other bowls :2c:) and because it's less parts (as stated - I am lazy)
Being able to say "all glass vapor path" is nice too.

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
The glass bowls get dirty quick, but once they get a nice coating, you stop getting fresh bits falling through the holes. Some of the holes clog, but I don't notice real issues. I just poked em out with a toothpick and now it'll be fine for probably another few bowls, but I didn't really notice decreased airflow, or hotspotting throughout my session last night (which I assume is when they clogged)

I hacked the centre out of one of mine so it doesnt even have the glass screen any more :D Dab only :)

I like the glass bowl for taste (whether perceived or real) and because it's less parts (as stated - I am lazy)
Being able to say "all glass vapor path" is nice too.

I'm hoping that one day there is some sort of set up, a new version of the FP, or a little glass add on/adapter thingy that one could insert into the VRod, to give an all glass vapour path.

I CAN DREAM! :)

EmDeemo,
Reactions: muunch

Vaporware

I’m going to pick up a “Showerhead” style ash catcher and run RO water in JUST the ash catcher and run the rig dry.

I haven’t tried the glass bowls with flower yet, but the holes are a lot larger so hopefully they won’t clog as easily. A lot of people manage to keep the double weave screens clean by brushing them after each bowl.

I don’t have an appropriate brush for that yet, so I use a tooth pick to scrape the screen a bit instead and that keeps it cleaner longer.

The glass bowl will probably get you more flower in your ash catcher, but that’s what it’s for anyway. :)

@NewVape710 what is the weight difference between the weed eater and Showerhead? On some of my small rigs the weight tends to pull the unit over if I don’t hold on. I’m wondering if the weed eater would solve for this?

Also, are there any weed eater revisions already in the works? I bought the VROD quickly and missed on some quick updates so am just wanting to double check. Thanks!!

If you’re letting it sit free on a table while using it, you might try either putting something under the handle since the handle and cord are probably most responsible for pulling it over, or you could try one of the rig stands with arms that come in from the edges and turn to cover the base of your glass and hold it in place. That’s assuming they have bases wider than the cans.

Congrats! I think you’ll love it, but try not to set your expectations *too* high. You already have some pretty solid vaporizers and there’s only so much we can actually get out of our materials.

To see where the FP really shines in comparison to the others, make sure you try it up in the 700s. It also does very well at lower temps, but it’ll probably be closer to that you’re used to there.

I haven’t used as many different things as a lot of people here, but especially for those high-temp fast extractions I haven’t heard of many options that can keep up with the FlowerPot. :)

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Someone mentioned finding cheap wood boxes, like tool ones, but cheap, like a flatter wood shoe box, with a hinged top, and lock ;)
Home Depot, online, hardware stores, GoodWills, HabitatsForHumanity, $1 stores, Walmart, Target etc etc
Go cheap or expensive, wood is a nice, and safe protection for your kid.
Make cut outs in the back, for plug and nail cord.
Inside, you’ll fit the nail controller to the cutout side, and arrange the stand, or directly screw the Ti post to the wood base.
You can add silicone mats to the bottom of the lid, and base, so, if in a hurry, stash & go.
All that, can be closed, latched and locked, in seconds, and stored inside a foam case, big enough to hold your glass, and your wood FP Kid Proof Kit if needed ;)
Hopefully it helps.
Lots of locking boxes out there: https://www.etsy.com/listing/609127...3f824bb0b4c60c8f72c51358170f3:609127606&frs=1

okc0mputer

Congrats! I think you’ll love it, but try not to set your expectations *too* high. You already have some pretty solid vaporizers and there’s only so much we can actually get out of our materials.

To see where the FP really shines in comparison to the others, make sure you try it up in the 700s. It also does very well at lower temps, but it’ll probably be closer to that you’re used to there.

I haven’t used as many different things as a lot of people here, but especially for those high-temp fast extractions I haven’t heard of many options that can keep up with the FlowerPot. :)

Thanks! I actually really enjoy the vapor from those vapes, but other things about them have turned me off. Bags and whips get annoying after a while, handheld devices require frequent cleaning and maintenance, but I always loved glass pipes. It brings back one of the most missed parts of smoking for me.

Vaporware

Thanks! I actually really enjoy the vapor from those vapes, but other things about them have turned me off. Bags and whips get annoying after a while, handheld devices require frequent cleaning and maintenance, but I always loved glass pipes. It brings back one of the most missed parts of smoking for me.

I think you’ll be happy with it then. :) My glass and bowls need cleaning maybe once a week or so, and that can even be cut down if you empty them while they’re still warm and maybe brush them out between bowls. That’s about all the maintenance it needs!

A lot of people who don’t have a FlowerPot say it seems too complicated and scary to use, but I really think it’s one of the easiest to use and lowest maintenance dry-herb vaporizers around. Those who actually pick one up tend to agree. :)

Top Bottom