• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Wow that is a pretty small rig for either SH or VRod. Don’t get me wrong that’s a great water tool, quite a few members found a good one on the gate for their vapcaps but once @DDave brought his version out, game over! Perfect pairing for a vapcap or a banger from @710Coils but I respectfully submit you might consider acquiring something with a bigger tube for VRod and bigger still for the Showerhead.

I know, that means getting a new piece of glass for yourself. Poor @Pb** :lol: You’ll be glad you did! Lol!

I wish @invertedisdead or @BornAgainSteama or @Roth or one of our other old timers would chime in with a more qualified perspective and opinion than mine. Maybe tomorrow? Weekend is always slow...:\ :peace:

Pb**

Wow that is a pretty small rig for either SH or VRod. Don’t get me wrong that’s a great water tool, quite a few members found a good one on the gate for their vapcaps but once @DDave brought his version out, game over! Perfect pairing for a vapcap or a banger from @710Coils but I respectfully submit you might consider acquiring something with a bigger tube for VRod and bigger still for the Showerhead.

I know, that means getting a new piece of glass for yourself. Poor @Pb** :lol: You’ll be glad you did! Lol!

I wish @invertedisdead or @BornAgainSteama or @Roth or one of our other old timers would chime in with a more qualified perspective and opinion than mine. Maybe tomorrow? Weekend is always slow...:\ :peace:

That’s what I was thinking lol. It’s the only variable I have yet to change.
There’s no room for the vapour to accumulate. Straight to the lungs

Pb**

I wonder if my coil could also be a problem area. It’s a high 5 coil (4 wraps), only seems loose if I shake the head assembly abruptly. Other than that, seems solid

Pb**,
Reactions: tb42091

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I wonder if my coil could also be a problem area. It’s a high 5 coil (4 wraps), only seems loose if I shake the head assembly abruptly. Other than that, seems solid
If that is the case, then the temp on your PID is higher than actual, not enough good contact between the metal surfaces. You will need to go to higher temps for the same affect, your numbers will be skewed.

Vaporware

@pxl_jockey It’s going to be tough for a lot of people to figure this out because almost all of us are using it at more comfortable ambient temperatures. In my case there are only a few days a year where I could take the FP outside in the middle of the night to simulate the conditions he’s using it in. ;)

My guess is that with the air being near (water) freezing rather than 60-80f to start with, it’ll be much harder for the heater to get the air temp up in such a short air path. I’m sure it can get the job done, but it may need more than a 20 degree bump to get the same results as people with ambient temps 30-50f higher.

I do think that pre-heating a bit should help too, but I think continuing to raise the temp a little at a time until you start to feel it’s getting over-cooked* and trying other glass are more likely to make a larger difference. Let us know how it goes, @Pb** ! :science:

* Just be careful not to change it the temp or draw speed dramatically in one draw or you may not realize you’re about to combust until it’s too late!

PNWdin_diver

I am a long-time Herbalizer user that recently broke my Herbie (long-story short: trying to catch a falling object when highly medicated may result in said-object getting launched off your deck). I immediately went to buy a replacement, and was saddened to learn that they the Herbalizer is no longer being made/supported. I went in search of a new desktop vape, and came upon the FlowerPot…

After a few delays due to, I'm sure, crazy demand with the black Friday sale and USPS FL -> WA shipping… I finally (1.5+ weeks) received it a few days ago. I was going to wait a week to post anything, but decided to write something up today.

Oh. My. Jibbers. I'm almost (almost!) glad my Herbalizer broke, and am definitely glad I didn't buy a new one. The FlowerPot VRod is hands down the best vape I've ever used. I've also re-started dabbling in concentrates/dabbing. I tried concentrates with the Herbalizer and was completely underwhelmed, maybe it was the lower temperatures I was using, but I had some that I just set aside and ignored. New vape, old concentrate (~4 years old), absolutely incredible. I've even started trying some high CBD waxes. Twaxing is a whole new world of mixing strains for desired effects.

I miss the "plug-in and go" of the Herbalizer but, with just a few added minutes warm up and planning, and remembering to keep my wits to not burn anything post-session, this is hands-down the best experience I've had. The only drawback is the cost, which I'm sure I could have been decreased by picking and choosing only needed components, and the procedure/ritual of all of the miscellaneous pieces and glass piece. I didn't really *need* a new grinder… but it's part of the package. And it works really well… And, it was nice to just dump some herb in, and go 20s later… Now I have to plan ahead, and deal with cleaning a glass pipe, etc.

Vrod setup ordered !!very excited. Has anyone received a package from newvape I’m the last couple of days ?trying to see how slow the shipping is with the holidays :)
Ordered 2018-11-26, Shipped 2018-12-04, Delivered 2018-12-08

Last edited by a moderator:

Pb**

So, I dialled up the temp to 680-700 for a few rips (w carb cap) and let bowl heat soak for a while. Seemed to work well. Yet to test indoors if there is a difference

Not sure how to upload pics here... Make an imgur link?

Alexis

I haven’t tried it yet, but I hear http://www.imgbb.com is a good option for posting pics here now.
This is what I use now, it hasn't let me down yet and is straightforward enough about the same amount of time and fussing around as imgur good overall.
I feel like imgbb is less of a "big brother" than imgur as well but that could just be in my imagination. So yeah, I can recommend.

Alexis

https://ibb.co/pavsCJkN

This is about how much vapour I can get out of my FP + rig. Not sure how it compares to others. @VaporWare
In a bubbler that small, you may not be able to visually guage and observe the amount of vapor flowing through. Do you have any larger bubblers? Most FP users use larger bubblers than that.
I would try that if I was you just to see if it reveals anything after all that is how everybody else is using it so you might as well emulate that first and then compare your results directly to see what may be missing with your setup.

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
I hadn't been able to twax since I retired my wrap around head for the V-ROD. I've been doing my bowls in the V-Rod with a little bit of concentrate on top of the flower because the sic dish temperature and the bowl temperature we're nowhere near each other for oil and flower.
I got the updated carb cap with two angled holes and Some terp pearls and at 600f I can vape flower with a small dab in the dish. Excellent results.
As some have noted for flower alone the new carb cap is an upgrade.
what I did to make the temps a little closer to each other is Im using boveda packs now so my herb is not bone dry. Im Finally "twaxin" again.

Last edited:

tb42091

That picture definitely shows that flowerpot is not at its full potential IMO. That vapor is pretty wispy. Even in the stem/drop down before it filters in my piece it gets milked solid to where I cant really see through it, i can see a lot better through yours.

This feels more and more like the cold ambient temps arent allowing the air to heat to the temps needed for better extraction.

Have you tried it inside? Also have you tried leaving the carb cap on for 10mins and then taking the hit? I find the heat soak on the carb cap to be key in quicker extraction, and that would allow the cold air to enter basically an oven before going down through the dish nut and diffuser. Also a slower draw will allow the air more time to heat up and may provide for milkier hits.

You may also need to up the temp - unfortunately unless you find someone else who typically uses their FP in similar conditions I think you'll be pioneering the temps for semi-outdoor winter hits.

Enjoy the testing though!

https://ibb.co/pavsCJkN

This is about how much vapour I can get out of my FP + rig. Not sure how it compares to others. @VaporWare

Last edited:

Pb**

That picture definitely shows that flowerpot is not at its full potential IMO. That vapor is pretty wispy. Even in the stem/drop down before it filters in my piece it gets milked solid to where I cant really see through it, i can see a lot better through yours.

This feels more and more like the cold ambient temps arent allowing the air to heat to the temps needed for better extraction.

Have you tried it inside? Also have you tried leaving the carb cap on for 10mins and then taking the hit? I find the heat soak on the carb cap to be key in quicker extraction, and that would allow the cold air to enter basically an oven before going down through the dish nut and diffuser. Also a slower draw will allow the air more time to heat up and may provide for milkier hits.

You may also need to up the temp - unfortunately unless you find someone else who typically uses their FP in similar conditions I think you'll be pioneering the temps for semi-outdoor winter hits.

Enjoy the testing though!

Before I messed around with the temp, my pid came set to 710 and I had roughly the same results. That pic was at~670-680 and I heat soaked the bowl and vrod head. I'll try heat soaking all of them before I take a rip (with out the bowl loaded).
Looking into a bigger rig as well.

I found slightly more vapour production as I pulled harder and faster vs slower ?

Pb**,

wall

Before I messed around with the temp, my pid came set to 710 and I had roughly the same results. That pic was at~670-680 and I heat soaked the bowl and vrod head. I'll try heat soaking all of them before I take a rip (with out the bowl loaded).

I found slightly more vapour production as I pulled harder and faster vs slower ?
Is that the Vrod or the showerhead?

wall,

tb42091

So with the cap on when you pull hard the pressure drops which helps vaporize the goodies so production should increase, and then there is definitely a point where too slow seems to drop vapor production as well but the way I get my biggest hits are starting off the draw slow to get the heat in the bowl and then slowly ramp up until I am at the caps airflow limit until vapor production drops, then I bring draw speed back down slowly and pull the head off and clear the piece.

If you arent using the cap, slow draw = higher temp fast draw = lower temp.

How is your AVB coming out?

Last edited:

jake18a

Just want to jump in and say that I've been using my Vrod for about a month and I can say it is fantastic! But, I also want to give a big thumbs up to Lori and her work making sure all my needs have been met - customer service has been excellent.

Monsoon

I got my FlowerPot working great, after spreading the coils out I was able to get a nice, snug fit. Thing hits like a beast and gets me super high, reminds me a lot of the Sublimator but better designed.

I did a quick demo video, temp is set to 540F:

SonSzu

I got my FlowerPot working great, after spreading the coils out I was able to get a nice, snug fit. Thing hits like a beast and gets me super high, reminds me a lot of the Sublimator but better designed.

I did a quick demo video, temp is set to 540F:

Great glass, great rips and a great setup.

I got my FlowerPot working great, after spreading the coils out I was able to get a nice, snug fit.

??? Please explain

SonSzu,

Grifo

Switch back to the OG FP because i sort of missed dabbing with SIC and i havent been convinced on getting a vrod. Anyways i used the bowl thatt came with my splinter and got pretty damn good results, i was able to evenly vape a whole bowl evenly completely brown in one smooth hit. Im gonna have to try it with the shower head.

Top Bottom