Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Maybe I need a T break. I havent really been getting the effects I was hoping for from my FP so far. I feel like my Volcano and Mighty both give more noticeable effects with the same material.

Ive been experimenting with temps from 600-725. Ive varied the amount I put into the bowl. Everything is ground finely with the newvape grinder. Letting the coil sit for at least 10 mins heated up. Its hitting well and getting plenty of vapor but im just not getting my face melted off.

Not down on my purchase at all yet, just want to unleash its full power that I know is there. Off to experiment more!
The Mighty and Volcano are top tier vapes and are no slouches, that said you should feel slightly better effects from the FP as it's extraction is quicker. Will it melt your face off? Should get to where you want be quicker than your other two vapes and perhaps will get you a bit past where they would put you. Does that mean your face will melt? Meh.

crownroyaldaddy

The Mighty and Volcano are top tier vapes and are no slouches, that said you should feel slightly better effects from the FP as it's extraction is quicker. Will it melt your face off? Should get to where you want be quicker than your other two vapes and perhaps will get you a bit past where they would put you. Does that mean your face will melt? Meh.

Thats about what i was hoping for, slightly better effects and quicker.

So after my last post i was about to go to bed. I put a small amount in the bowl and was temped up to 725. Took a nice rip and killed the bowl. I mustve been high because i fell asleep quickly and woke up super drowsy with cotton mouth.

Part of the joy of this setup is the experimentation

habitat-fc

Maybe I need a T break. I havent really been getting the effects I was hoping for from my FP so far. I feel like my Volcano and Mighty both give more noticeable effects with the same material.

Ive been experimenting with temps from 600-725. Ive varied the amount I put into the bowl. Everything is ground finely with the newvape grinder. Letting the coil sit for at least 10 mins heated up. Its hitting well and getting plenty of vapor but im just not getting my face melted off.

Not down on my purchase at all yet, just want to unleash its full power that I know is there. Off to experiment more!

What glass are you using the Flowerpot with? It makes a big difference in the performance I find, it took me a few new purchases from the gate before I was happy with my set-up. Honestly it should be blowing the Mighty out of the water. The Mighty has never made me go into a coma like the Flowerpot can!

crownroyaldaddy

What glass are you using the Flowerpot with? It makes a big difference in the performance I find, it took me a few new purchases from the gate before I was happy with my set-up. Honestly it should be blowing the Mighty out of the water. The Mighty has never made me go into a coma like the Flowerpot can!

I have the double perc piece that is seen in the NV videos, it cane with the bundle.

We need a “best of” for this thread....

habitat-fc

I have the double perc piece that is seen in the NV videos, it cane with the bundle.

We need a “best of” for this thread....

I am wondering if the double perc is over filtering your goodies? I only use single perc pieces with the Flowerpot, I know some people do like the piece you are using though, so it could just be some more trial and error.

If you can't get it to hit hard enough with that piece than maybe a smaller piece with a single perc would help you get the effects you desire? As less air space would make the vapor thicker and hit harder.

I like this piece from the New Vape store:

https://www.newvape.com/18mm-female-rig-large-base

I also like this piece from CCG on DHGate:

https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/ccg-new-2017-glass-water-pipes-glass-bongs/407153389.html

I think you may get better results just from using the vape more though, as it seems to be a vape that gets better once you dial it in. Try using the carb cap, or uncapped if you normally use the carb cap. I myself prefer uncapped but others swear by the carb cap. You shouldn't need a tolerance break if the other vapes get you high.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
@habitat-fc I have the double perk @crownroyaldaddy is using and it is my FP primary glass piece, I do not think too much filtration is the issue. Once he stepped up the temp it seems the results are closer to what he was looking for. Frankly I think it is the higher temp quick extractions that differentiates the FP from other vapes. As I’ve said numerous times, I am flying high at 747 and that has not changed for me in sometime. Every now and again I read a post about how great the hits are at 600-650 F and I drop down my temp, but I do not get as medicated then.. at least that is my perception and I go right back to 747.

habitat-fc

@habitat-fc I have the double perk @crownroyaldaddy is using and it is my FP primary glass piece, I do not think too much filtration is the issue. Once he stepped up the temp it seems the results are closer to what he was looking for. Frankly I think it is the higher temp quick extractions that differentiates the FP from other vapes. As I’ve said numerous times, I am flying high at 747 and that has not changed for me in sometime. Every now and again I read a post about how great the hits are at 600-650 F and I drop down my temp, but I do not get as medicated then.. at least that is my perception and I go right back to 747.

Either way my Flowerpot is FAR more efficient than my Mighty at all temperatures above 645, so there must be a reason why he is experiencing less effects :hmm:

tb42091

Really with the flowerpot it's probably more like "too low, too fast" referring to temp and draw speed if you arent getting good effects.

I've been keeping both of mine at 640-660, and leaving the carb cap on a lot to give it a good heat soak before the hit and I frequently get full bowl extraction in 1(albeit probably large) hit with the SH and 2 with the VROD. When I hear anyone talk about more than 2 or 3 draws from a bowl I seriously dont understand :lol: Draw speed makes a huge difference, even with the cap on if I draw too hard I can see a noticeable color difference in the AVB. I also think the low pressure created at the bowl level by using the cap and drawing at its limit helps vape everything a bit better.

I use the double "stereo matrix" style piece, and originally used that matrix sidecar and I for sure prefer the stereo matrix for the FP. Honestly I am probably gonna get rid of the sidecar, it filters wonderfully and the lack of drag is awesome but I just am not a big fan of the splash back (I like the bubbles to travel through at least a half inch of water) and the sidecar setup meant that on a table when I pressed my lips to the mouthpiece the whole piece wanted to spin.

Think about milking a bong when combusting....light the bowl with a long slow draw, get it cherried and when you are ready to snap it through and finish it you pull hard.... I have success with a similar style with the FP. Long, slow draw to milk it as thick as possible and then pull the head off and clear the piece.

I also always twist the head while it is on the bowl to try to get even extraction. Every once in a while I'll get a light colored dot in the middle of the VROD pack but never the SH.

@crownroyaldaddy - I had my volcano before the FP and the FP has the edge IMO, though it takes a bit of a technique to get it to it's full potential IMO, while the volcano is literally just flipping switches for basically the same vapor every time.

Very glad I'm not the only one who has nearly lost their marbles (/pearls whatever)! I had just taken a big hit and was admiring the vrod head when I turned it over to look at the bottom :lol: all 4 hot sapphires poured out onto the CARPET! NOOOOO! they melted into the carpet and seemed to disappear. Luckily it was a small area to search and the carpet kept them from rolling everywhere but I spent at least 10 very stoned minutes combing through the carpet to find the sapphires. Had to put them in a spare screen and torch them clean.

So how many pearls do everyone have in their sic dishes? I'm using 2 4mm and 2 5mm sapphires staggered but was considering adding another one or 2 4mm. Also what is the proper maintenance on the sic dish? Starting to get some shit building up....I read that some people boil water in the dish? Can you take the dish off and torch it? I've tried the whole q tipping while still hot and cant seem to figure that out....would rather not turn the controller way up and discolor the head as I may sell the VROD after a relatively short test period.

Hope everyones week is going well!

papapotbelly

Also what is the proper maintenance on the sic dish?

Hope everyones week is going well![/QUOTE]

Are you prepared to be amazed???

Fill it to the brim with room temp distilled water

Go away, have a beer

Come back, dump out the water, wipe with Q tips til clean.

Enjoy your sparkling fresh SIC insert!

crownroyaldaddy

Thanks for the suggestions! I was experimenting with carb cab for a few bowls but had 2 minor combustion events where only the center of the bowl combusted.

So i think this tells me that im drawing too hard/fast as you suggested

Vaporware

Thanks for the suggestions! I was experimenting with carb cab for a few bowls but had 2 minor combustion events where only the center of the bowl combusted.

So i think this tells me that im drawing too hard/fast as you suggested

Actually, a *slow* draw has more chance of combusting. At lower temps I use a slow draw to get more vapor going, and at high temps I speed it up to keep from combusting.

I also skip the carb cap at high temps since it seems to increase the chance of combusting too. I’m not sure exactly where it’s safe and where it’s not, but that probably depends a lot on your draw speed, humidity of your material, etc. and it’s probably a bit different from SH to VRod.

tb42091

@crownroyaldaddy - so if you're combusting at all you either need to take off the cap & speed up draw speed or lower the temp. The only few times I've combusted was in my first few days owning it. On the SH over 710ish IIRC with the cap on was combustion for me and without the cap it got sketchy above 780 IIRC but really if you draw super fast you could turn it up even higher I'm sure, im just not willing to try it.

Like @VaporWare I wouldnt put the controller over 700 really if I was using the cap at all, and if the controller was over 700 I would leave the carb cap on the stand.

Isnt it just so unfortunate you have more testing to do? :lol: hope you can repeat the success of the one session last night!

Edit:
Also what is the proper maintenance on the sic dish?

Hope everyones week is going well!

Are you prepared to be amazed???

Fill it to the brim with room temp distilled water

Go away, have a beer

Come back, dump out the water, wipe with Q tips til clean.

Enjoy your sparkling fresh SIC insert![/QUOTE]

Oooh interesting, thanks! Cant wait to see this! Definitely in the next few days.

Last edited:
I'm very surprised at what I'm experiencing with the new Vrod carb cap (2 angled holes) and 2 5mm balls...

First, the dabbing experience - as suspected, at low temps with enough material on the dish the balls do in fact throw some on the carb cap, interestingly there's buildup near the actual holes on the cap, but anyways it will create a little reclaim. The performance I find is vastly improved because once allowed to heat soak, the balls help to quickly spread the oil across the surface and the vortex created by the 2 angled holes is perfect. Add into that the new carb cap seals so well it actually needs to be removed before cooling, because after enough dabbing (no party, just personal use) it will need hands to take off in the morning. Solution: turn it on and let it heat up :nod:

I've waited a few days to post this, just because I thought I was crazy at first...but vaping flower with the new Vrod carb cap is significantly improved as well, the ABV is so much more consistent, I'm not needing to stir the 1/4 tsp worth I use for scooping.

Anyways, happy I am because now at low temps (600f) it's super easy and enjoyable to 'twax', since the performance of dabbing is now on point! Before, the flower would be spent before the dab could even have a chance to finish.

Good night all!:leaf::zzz:

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
Interesting... good to know! thanks for sharing!

I'm very surprised at what I'm experiencing with the new Vrod carb cap (2 angled holes) and 2 5mm balls...

First, the dabbing experience - as suspected, at low temps with enough material on the dish the balls do in fact throw some on the carb cap, interestingly there's buildup near the actual holes on the cap, but anyways it will create a little reclaim. The performance I find is vastly improved because once allowed to heat soak, the balls help to quickly spread the oil across the surface and the vortex created by the 2 angled holes is perfect. Add into that the new carb cap seals so well it actually needs to be removed before cooling, because after enough dabbing (no party, just personal use) it will need hands to take off in the morning. Solution: turn it on and let it heat up :nod:

I've waited a few days to post this, just because I thought I was crazy at first...but vaping flower with the new Vrod carb cap is significantly improved as well, the ABV is so much more consistent, I'm not needing to stir the 1/4 tsp worth I use for scooping.

Anyways, happy I am because now at low temps (600f) it's super easy and enjoyable to 'twax', since the performance of dabbing is now on point! Before, the flower would be spent before the dab could even have a chance to finish.

Good night all!:leaf::zzz:

tb42091

First, the dabbing experience - as suspected, at low temps with enough material on the dish the balls do in fact throw some on the carb cap, interestingly there's buildup near the actual holes on the cap
I've found this to be the case for me too with 1 hole. It seems theres a lot of splatter around where the hole directs the air, with a fraction of the amount on the side without the hole.

I think if I cut down on my draw speed maybe it would splatter less but I still think it would splatter some when they get racing around.

eqOIlNb.jpg

@papapotbelly - thanks for the SiC cleaning instructions! I set the controller to 196, I grabbed some water from my zero water filter and poured it in the dish and let it sit for a few mins, then turned it up to 215 for a few mins then I dumped the water out and hit it with a qtip and it just mopped up all the black shit left over! Thanks for the tip!

I read somewhere that sapphires turn black while heated....sounded cool to me....after doing my first dab with the sapphires I thought this may be true, as they did turn a darker color but I just torched them clean and got them as hot as I could and they came out the other end almost as clear as they were when I got them, maybe even a bit whiter. Slightly bummed but nothing a FP double decker with a clean dish cant get rid of!

YaMon

Vaping since 2010

May I recant this statement, it just melted my face off?

710Coils

Manufacturer
Finally got Vrod coils in stock with XLR ends in both 3129 (Regular wrap) and 3169 (Reverse Wrap). These come with 5 ft cords in Red, Blue, and Black and are wired for the standard Pin layout. I have them in both 110 and 220 volt flavors if anyone is interested =)

I now return you to your normal broadcast.......

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
@Vital emailed with a good flowerpot enhancement suggestion.
A special dish retainer nut that will retain the 5mm spinning balls. Please understand that this photo is for discussion only. Currently there are no plans to modify or create this part.

Do you all feel this is necessary? Should it be a new nut? The overhang will slightly impede the open dish area. The overhang could act as an edge to scrape the dabber clean. Wrench Flats would most likely be needed.

NewVape will have a booth on saturday at the Miami Art Basel 710dabday event. If your in the area please stop by and say hello.

Our new payment policy "wire transfer over $500" seems to be working well. I really appreciate your understanding and supporting this change. This will allow us to spend more time on developing new products.

5mm_ball__retainer_nut.jpg

wall

@Vital emailed with a good flowerpot enhancement suggestion.
A special dish retainer nut that will retain the 5mm spinning balls. Please understand that this photo is for discussion only. Currently there are no plans to modify or create this part.

Do you all feel this is necessary? Should it be a new nut? The overhang will slightly impede the open dish area. The overhang could act as an edge to scrape the dabber clean. Wrench Flats would most likely be needed.

NewVape will have a booth on saturday at the Miami Art Basel 710dabday event. If your in the area please stop by and say hello.

Our new payment policy "wire transfer over $500" seems to be working well. I really appreciate your understanding and supporting this change. This will allow us to spend more time on developing new products.

5mm_ball__retainer_nut.jpg
I do like the idea of scraping the dab tool clean with that

Top Bottom