Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Babanya

Hey everyone, I wondering what you all think, Im looking for a stronger hitting desktop vap w/efficiency I currently use volcano dig, herbalizer, crafty and davinci IQ. I dont have full access to concentrates in NJ, so do you feel the full capabilities of this vap wouldnt be utilized until laws change here in NJ, and by then will something new and better be out?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Hey everyone, I wondering what you all think, Im looking for a stronger hitting desktop vap w/efficiency I currently use volcano dig, herbalizer, crafty and davinci IQ. I dont have full access to concentrates in NJ, so do you feel the full capabilities of this vap wouldnt be utilized until laws change here in NJ, and by then will something new and better be out?

I used a Volcano for many years, bag vapor is very unique for a session vape experience as the flavor is homogenized and everyone gets equal flavor. The Flowerpot is a solid session vape in its own regard, but it really excels, in my opinion, as a bong hit replacement. It will vaporize anything and everything, truly a "desert island" vaporizer.

Also, NewVape makes a whole line of rosin presses so you have full concentrate capabilities in you want it. Rosin gives worldwide access to extracts, its really amazing.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
With the exception of the crafty, I have used all the vapes you have listed extensively and at least from my experience using the FP at high temperatures nothing comes close in flower performance.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
I appreciate all the recommendations suggesting we have a look at the Auber controls. The auber 300 is a very nice enail controller. I have ordered more 5 wrap 20mm coils 110v and 220v with the auber pinout. The stand alone 5 wrap auber compatible 20mm coils will be available within a few weeks. Here's our enail pinout and connector blog post. Please let me know if I need to add or modify anything. https://www.newvape.com/blog/enail_pinouts_connections/

Baron23

I appreciate all the recommendations suggesting we have a look at the Auber controls. The auber 300 is a very nice enail controller. I have ordered more 5 wrap 20mm coils 110v and 220v with the auber pinout. The stand alone 5 wrap auber compatible 20mm coils will be available within a few weeks. Here's our enail pinout and connector blog post. Please let me know if I need to add or modify anything. https://www.newvape.com/blog/enail_pinouts_connections/
Thanks, Edwyn. Not that what I think is terribly important, but I do think this is a very good move. Cheers and still loving my FP SH. I use it often. :tup::rockon::clap:

Last edited:

guyonthecouch

Hoping for a Black friday sale and looking to pick up a FP setup. Will mostly be using for flower, vrod vs showerhead? Pairing with High5 controller/coil, coil is spun clockwise but only has 4x wraps. Guess the only coil that works with the vrod is the one from NV?

guyonthecouch,
Reactions: BigJr48

Vaporware

Hoping for a Black friday sale and looking to pick up a FP setup. Will mostly be using for flower, vrod vs showerhead? Pairing with High5 controller/coil, coil is spun clockwise but only has 4x wraps. Guess the only coil that works with the vrod is the one from NV?

There are other coils that work (@710Coils has some that fit with wraps in both directions for example), and a shorter coil can also work, it’s just loose in the VRod.

The ShowerHead actually works with a wider variety of coils because of the way it fits together, but I don’t think that’s the best criteria to base your choice on.

I only have the ShowerHead so far, and it’s great for flower, but if you want to use the FP with concentrates the VRod is the way to go. At this point, even for tower alone, most people are preferring the VRod.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Typically NV offers a discount of 15% off on BF and 20% off on 4/20. But of course Edwyn could change it up at anytime, he doesn’t have to do anything for us. I plan to take the wait and see approach. While keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best, lol! C’mon Edwyn, please be in a good mood!!! :lol:

After months of waiting, I can now pull the trigger but it’s so close to BF and could save >$50. So I’ll wait a week. If there’s no deals, I’ll be no worse off. The only thing I don’t like about the 2 big NV sales is all the impatient posts here from folks wanting their stuff right now. Twice a year it’s always the same story; I’m just grateful that I can get a deal without having to actually deal with those crazy American BF crowds!

I hope everyone has a killer weekend with their flowerpots! :rockon:

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
here's a couple of interesting videos between the nv & auber controllers.

It's nice to have a quality box to compare with.

The first one was before the autotune routine was run on the NV

This is after the auto tune process was run.

the actual autotune process is here

Baron23

here's a couple of interesting videos between the nv & auber controllers.

It's nice to have a quality box to compare with.

The first one was before the autotune routine was run on the NV

This is after the auto tune process was run.

the actual autotune process is here
Hi Edwyn - thank you for the vids...especially the one on auto-tuning and wowser, did that make a difference in overshoot (well, basically eliminated it!). Very nice.

Here is my question and I thought we had communicated about it outside of the forum but I'm damned if I can find any record of it.

My question regards the dual NV controllers that came with my Micro-20 press.

One of the four heats up much faster than the others. I believe you told me that as long as all four stabilize at 200 F (or whatever I'm pressing at), then all should be good which makes sense but....

I also thought...but can't find it...that I was told that the settings on the controller are locked prior to shipping which is smart as most of us should not be messing with most of those settings.

Does this setting lock then NOT include the auto-tune function?...that is, can I run auto-tune on my press controllers (that is, that function is available to the user) and most importantly...should I run it?

Thanks and look forward to your response.

Cheers

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Hello @Baron23

Here is a video of the assembly of your plates. This may be a coil connection (inside the plates) issue. Do all 4 pid's balance out in 30 min? Is there one coil that has more side to side movement than the others when not under load?

here are the defaults of the nv controller. PSB is where you input an offset.

I would recomend you writing down the values that are currently entered.

Running auto tune can't hurt anything.

To determine if there is an offset already entered. Do the coils all read the correct ambient when first turned on?

try switching the coil in question to another pid. If the issues moves then it's a coil issue. If the issue remains it might be a pid setting.

hope this helps. Thanks again for the auber suggestion.

newvape_enail_defaults.jpg

Baron23

Hi @NewVape710 - wow, thanks for the quick reply.

I will check, but I believe that yes, all four coils start at the same ambient so I don't think its an offset issue.

Really, its just one coil/control output that just heats up maybe three times as fast as the other three leading me to suspect that maybe someone (prior owner) may have gotten into settings by mistake and fat fingered something. Or, maybe just needs a bit of auto-tune to set PID variables a bit better?

In any case all four do stabilize at the set point given a bit of time....though of course I can't confirm the accuracy of the individual coil temps (that is, I can't measure to see if one coil may have a bit of an offset).

Dunno, but your suggestion of just moving the coil to another head and seeing if the behavior moves or stays is excellent (and one that I should have thought of myself....gah...retirement has made my brain soft LOL).

I hesitate to get into the initialization parameters as that looks like a great way for an owner to hose crap up! haha If all else fails, maybe I will just to see if that this one head is set like the others....and YES, I'll write the values down (I have also saved off your flow diagram above).

If I find that its a bad coil, I may be back in touch to make sure I know proper dissassembly from the frame but it does look rather clear cut.

Have a great day, Edwyn and thanks again for the reply on the wknd.

Oh, to the board, in general...I know that there are cheaper options out there from China now...but I have to say, the NV presses and plates really are a totally top notch, American made, product. My Micro-20 is a true work of squishing art! haha

SonSzu

@SonSzu

This may be more what you are looking for!

Thanks for the shout out, friend. I'm learning about the flowerpot vrod as we speak & you may be right.

This looks extremely promising. From watching Youtube vids, the vapexhale looks like it produces more clouds. I def want that because The Plenty is my daily driver. I'll use my own bong so I'm trying to learn what exactly I'll need to order for the vrod.

I'm a novice when it comes to concentrates, I don't want to skip ordering something I'll need later.

I notice you own almost every vape lol. What's with the "FakeXHale"? Is it not a good product? What's your opinion on the vrod vs the plenty? What about vape production? Can it compare to the flavorful, strong & dense vapors of the plenty?

BTW what's the best place to pick up / order a vrod in Canada? I'm right around where you are

lazylathe

Almost there...
Thanks for the shout out, friend. I'm learning about the flowerpot vrod as we speak & you may be right.

This looks extremely promising. From watching Youtube vids, the vapexhale looks like it produces more clouds. I def want that because The Plenty is my daily driver. I'll use my own bong so I'm trying to learn what exactly I'll need to order for the vrod.

I'm a novice when it comes to concentrates, I don't want to skip ordering something I'll need later.

I notice you own almost every vape lol. What's with the "FakeXHale"? Is it not a good product? What's your opinion on the vrod vs the plenty? What about vape production? Can it compare to the flavorful, strong & dense vapors of the plenty?

BTW what's the best place to pick up / order a vrod in Canada? I'm right around where you are

If you are in the area, you are more than welcome to stop by and test some vapes out before you buy.

All depends on what you want.
I like thick, delicious vapor using micro loads and complete the load in one hit.
The Plenty is a great session vape but it just took too long for me. The FP was just more versatile and conservative with herb use.
Everyone is different in what they like and how they like to use a vape.
Sometimes testing before is the only way to see if it is a good fit!

The FakeXhale was one of VapeXhale partners that sold not authenticated stock, most did not work correctly...

You can only pick them up through NewVape for now.
And with Canada Post strike, who knows when it will be delivered...

Helper

Does the v-rod work just as good without the dish for flower use? I was leaning towards the showerhead because I mainly use herb and didn't want to be left without a vape if the dish were to break, but that doesn't seem to be the case according to this video.

Last edited:

SonSzu

The Plenty is a great session vape but it just took too long for me.

I'm in this exact situation now

I want the bong version of the plenty, if that makes sense.

I was seriously considering the sublimator before learning it took 1/2 hour to heat up.

I like thick, delicious vapor using micro loads and complete the load in one hit.

You're reading my mind tbh

How would you compare the sublimator to the Vrod?

You can only pick them up through NewVape for now.
And with Canada Post strike, who knows when it will be delivered...

As someone who wanted his new vape before Dec... this cuts deep :rofl:

Last edited:

MokiVape

Does the v-rod work just as good without the dish for flower use? I was leaning towards the showerhead because I mainly use herb and didn't want to be left without a vape if the dish were to break, but that doesn't seem to be the case according to this video.

Yeah the dish isn't needed at all for the flower. Although it's pretty hard to break a small piece of quartz. You could also opt for the SiC dish, which feels somewhat more resistant to breaking. Either way the dish is only used/required for dabbing purposes.

Top Bottom