• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Ok so I have an RDK-300 that hasn't been used in a very long time. I'm in an illegal state and don't have access to concentrates. Is the SH the thing to get if I'm only using flower? Or should I just get the Vrod now and hope for that legalization train to roll my way? I also have an Auber flat coil so I'm assuming I need to get a barrel coil?

Personally, I'd go ahead and get the Vrod. Flower performance between the two are just about equal. There's one time when I prefer the SH, and that's uncapped, high temp, fast draw hits. Can't do that with a Vrod, but using the Vrod you can absolutely get hits just as tasty and just as dense as with the SH.

Plus with the Vrod, you maintain the ability to enjoy concentrates whenever they happen to make their way into your life. You might end up taking @invertedisdead's advice before you know it and getting into the rosin game! (PS: you should!)

Regarding coils, yes, you'll need a 20mm barrel coil. But it's a very specific 20mm barrel coil to fit the Vrod. @710Coils had a mixup with his current batch of Vrod compatible coils, but hopefully that should be taken care of in a few weeks. Which would be perfect timing for you to pick up the Vrod from NV during the presumed Black Friday sale!

So yes, I'd go with the Vrod.

Gigsabits53

Personally, I'd go ahead and get the Vrod. Flower performance between the two are just about equal. There's one time when I prefer the SH, and that's uncapped, high temp, fast draw hits. Can't do that with a Vrod, but using the Vrod you can absolutely get hits just as tasty and just as dense as with the SH.

Plus with the Vrod, you maintain the ability to enjoy concentrates whenever they happen to make their way into your life. You might end up taking @invertedisdead's advice before you know it and getting into the rosin game! (PS: you should!)

Regarding coils, yes, you'll need a 20mm barrel coil. But it's a very specific 20mm barrel coil to fit the Vrod. @710Coils had a mixup with his current batch of Vrod compatible coils, but hopefully that should be taken care of in a few weeks. Which would be perfect timing for you to pick up the Vrod from NV during the presumed Black Friday sale!

So yes, I'd go with the Vrod.

Great reply!! Thank you very much @Roth , appreciate it! :)

waxdab23

Holy combustion temps, Batman! Dabbing at 880° is insanely hot!

On my Vrod, I'm usually dabbing with the controller set to 636°. Why are you using such a high temp? Are you using a carb cap when dabbing? Are you using the Vrod or SH? If the Vrod, the SiC or quartz dish? I don't think I've ever heard of anyone using a temp that high.

Regarding the FP locking onto the stand, it tends to happen at super high temps like that due to thermal expansion. You can counteract it by making sure the FP head sits perfectly level on the stand. I found a jar that was the perfect height, and I could use it to rest the handle on so the FP sat perfectly level on the stand.

Yup, agreed with @Roth post being on point and I also agree with all that he said. Every once in a while, I pull out the SH, thinking i'll run with it for a few days. But I always go back to the vrod the same day. Even if I'm only doing flower. There's just nothing the SH can give me that the VROD can't. And then the ability to dab on the sic dish makes it almost a no brainer.

abcd5432

Great reply!! Thank you very much @Roth , appreciate it! :)
I have the showerhead, and I don't see what's wrong with dabbing off it. I like it.
I think you'll like dabbing no matter what off of it, as well as flower. Just the option alone let alone both, I mean cool. I got the showerhead while living in an illegal state, and don't regret it at all now with access to concentrates. I still enjoyed dabbing off of it anytime I had it.

Just saying, you can dab or use flower with any of them.

Get what you feel you need and for the price you want to pay.

There isn't a wrong choice, look at what they have to offer, read the blog post description and the user's here and decide.

I like my shower head because it's painfully easy I've never had to do anything to it, it just works.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I have the showerhead, and I don't see what's wrong with dabbing off it. I like it.
I think you'll like dabbing no matter what off of it, as well as flower. Just the option alone let alone both, I mean cool. I got the showerhead while living in an illegal state, and don't regret it at all now with access to concentrates. I still enjoyed dabbing off of it anytime I had it.

Just saying, you can dab or use flower with any of them.

Get what you feel you need and for the price you want to pay.

There isn't a wrong choice, look at what they have to offer, read the blog post description and the user's here and decide.

I like my shower head because it's painfully easy I've never had to do anything to it, it just works.

True, there's nothing technically "wrong" with dabbing off of Ti, but once you start dabbing off of SiC or quartz, you'll see there is substantial difference in taste. It will be hard to go back to Ti after some proper low temp dabs on SiC or quartz.

But agreed, any of NV's products will serve you well!

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
Anyone have the new V-Rod carb cap with the holes yet, how many holes did you go with?
And can we finally twax? I cant do oil in the dish and flower in the bowl simultaneously with the original carb cap the temps dont match well.

What temps are ppl dabbing off the dish alone at?

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Ok so I have an RDK-300 that hasn't been used in a very long time. I'm in an illegal state and don't have access to concentrates. Is the SH the thing to get if I'm only using flower? Or should I just get the Vrod now and hope for that legalization train to roll my way? I also have an Auber flat coil so I'm assuming I need to get a barrel coil?
If you're vaping mainly flower, I would go with the Showerhead.
I've tried both and sold the VROD.

Baron23

Is the SH the thing to get if I'm only using flower?

IMO, yes....personally, if you want to do dabs, get a dedicated enail/e-banger (D-nail halo, Liger, 710coils.com quartz banger, etc).

For flower, the SH is wonderful.

I'm assuming I need to get a barrel coil?

Yes, and for the SH, I would suggest looking into 710coils.com coils as they are very well made and will interface with your RDK-300 (that is, connector and pin outs will match).

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Hmmm...I've had my heart set on getting the Vrod for some time now. However, some of these comments keep making me think I should maybe get the showerhead (as I don't have regular access to concentrates all the time, only occasionally). Plus, I already have multiple quartz bangers with a heating coil from 710Coils and an Auber RDK-300, so I still have other equipment for concentrates. Sooooooo, maybe I should plan to get the showerhead instead of the Vrod?

On the other hand...times are changing. Who knows, maybe I'll have better access to concentrates soon enough. Plus, I recently acquired a Slugg.33 Rosin Forge, which may cause me to start pressing occasionally once I've learned to use it. But still, I don't live in a friendly state and even flower can sometimes run dry (For example, my last source disappeared a few months ago, and I haven't found a new one yet as of this moment). So, when my stored flower surplus is getting low like it is now, I'm won't pressing much or any of it into rosin in order to make the flower last longer.

Choosing is hard when you're poor. If I was a wealthier man I wouldn't care which one I got first, because I would eventually plan to have both.

Ramahs,
Reactions: BigJr48

Tuck

Any word on Black Friday/cyber Monday specials?

I bought a showerhead with the newvape coil and pid last year and now I'm starting to lust after a vrod. I have a gen 1 shovel head.

What do I want to order? Do i want a new pid controller, coil, and handle. But part of me wonders if I just need the new coil and handle?

Do I need to upgrade my bowl? I guess I'll want a new carb cap?

I now have access to concentrates I did not have before, but I still love my flower.

Gigsabits53

IMO, yes....personally, if you want to do dabs, get a dedicated enail/e-banger (D-nail halo, Liger, 710coils.com quartz banger, etc).

For flower, the SH is wonderful.

Yes, and for the SH, I would suggest looking into 710coils.com coils as they are very well made and will interface with your RDK-300 (that is, connector and pin outs will match).

Ok great, thanks Baron!! I do have the D-nail Sic Halo if I ever get to do dabs again. I think you guys have convinced me to get the SH. I have popped in this thread from time to time just to read mostly. There is no doubt in my mind that the FP is going to be a great purchase. I think I will hang on and see what black friday has to offer.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated!! :)

Baron23

Who knows, maybe I'll have better access to concentrates soon enough.

Well, I hope that happens...but if it does, just run it in your bangers.

I have never understood the desire by manf/people to make vapes into the Swiss Army knife of personal appliances.

I've used a VROD. You can dab well off of it...as well other dedicated devices? Well, I expressed my view above. And, while I'm sure that some still do double deckers, this has always seemed like a novelty to me and the rush of twaxing vids posted has declined precipitously which makes me rather feel I'm right on that.

We are all different...I'm sure some will just up and say that to THEM, the VROD does both flower and 'trates as good as any other device they have owned.

But, after all, we are allowed to have differing views and preferences, right?

Vaporware

Any word on Black Friday/cyber Monday specials?

I bought a showerhead with the newvape coil and pid last year and now I'm starting to lust after a vrod. I have a gen 1 shovel head.

What do I want to order? Do i want a new pid controller, coil, and handle. But part of me wonders if I just need the new coil and handle?

Do I need to upgrade my bowl? I guess I'll want a new carb cap?

I now have access to concentrates I did not have before, but I still love my flower.

If you have a coil from NewVape or one that’s the same dimensions you only need a new controller/coil/handle if you want to run the ShowerHead and VRod at the same time.

You will need the new carb cap along with the VRod and a dish, but the bowl you have should be fine (unless you want a second bowl).

The stand is also nice to have if you don’t have one yet, and there was a Black Friday sale last year (20% off). :)

Ok great, thanks Baron!! I do have the D-nail Sic Halo if I ever get to do dabs again. I think you guys have convinced me to get the SH. I have popped in this thread from time to time just to read mostly. There is no doubt in my mind that the FP is going to be a great purchase. I think I will hang on and see what black friday has to offer.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated!! :)

I’m still using a ShowerHead and I wouldn’t steer you away from it, but since you already have a D-Nail dish that would actually fit on the VRod I think it’s probably still worth getting that since you clearly have some interest in concentrates.

I don’t think you’d be unhappy with either though, so do what works for you. :)

tb42091

Does the shower-head take a standard 20mm coil. Or is it also dependent on the wrap and height?
Standard but this info may be of use to you: I do have 4 chinese 20mm barrel coils that have an outer diameter that is a hair too big for the coil cover to fit over. Maybe put a caliper on your VROD barrels and just make sure the SH coils match or are pretty close on OD.

While I agree with Baron on using dedicated dab equipment for dabs, I'm probably going to get a VROD just to try it myself. That's been the best part of this debate - I could justify another VAS purchase :lol:

As far as double deckers - I've been doing more and more honestly but with terpsolate (CBD + terps) dabs and flower in the bowl.

I also think the FPs ability to absolutely rip through convection dabs gets over looked quite a bit because you can actually dab off it. Drop a mighty/crafty liquid pad in the bowl smeared with goodies or top a flower bowl with them....I find ot much easier on my lungs.

Currently 12 days into a 3-3.5 week FP break while doing family stuff. Only distillate and sauce cartridges :ninja: :huh:

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Someone take a nice pull or 2 for me!

Edit: under to over

Last edited:

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Thanks @pxl_jockey

The holes are angled on the rev D vrod cap. I've updated the listing.
https://www.newvape.com/vrod-carb-cap

additionally we will be releasing the baller cap (modified vrod cap with 1-4 hole adjustable dial) as soon as our quartz balls arrive. We will include 4 each 4 & 5 mm balls and scoop dabber for $80

Last edited:

tb42091

this is what I plan on doing as well, either isolate or 1:1 shatter. What temps do you use for your CBD twax sessions?
I'm at around 650-660 for CBD twaxing off the showerhead. Nice flower extraction at those temps too with the carb cap

Woo! Thanks for the update @NewVape710 ! Going to look into a VROD etc for black friday/cyber monday!

Top Bottom