• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I like it when you post in this thread @Nina you’ve got a great thoughts about the NV gear and your application of smilies feel like conversation. Along with inverted, you bump the collective IQ around here, lol! Actually there’s a lot of intelligent, perceptive folks posting in this thread. Not me, but others! :haw:

@NewVape710 I thought it’s well-known that Aubers parts are made in China; I wasn’t aware anyone thought otherwise? For me personally, the benefit of Auber is that the value for money is very good, especially the RDK-300a for $99, and if I have a problem or question then I’m calling America not emailing back and forth to China. That peace of mind adds value for me personally. Really, it’s the same situation for a Flowerpot customer if they choose to get the NV branded PID: they’re going to get a quality product for a good price and it’s backed up and supported by a known American company! It’s just choices.

FWIW, the 2 craziest NV Super Fanatics I know, @BornAgainSteama & @emmdeemo , have both used and endorse the vapecode/NV PID from the very beginning of the flowerpot. If you like its appearance or just don’t care, it’s a no-brainier to just get it all together. It’s going to work and last just fine, no worries.

Its just the looks of RDK-300 are way better than any other at that price point imo, and I like the cords connecting in the back. I know the 300 only adds a few features over the 200 but I like the programmable auto shut-off, and the case is so much nicer. The 200’s looks and the front connections just don’t do it for me, and I guess that’s worth 25 bucks to me, lol. For $65, the RDK-200 is a really great value too!

BTW Edwyn, I am only waiting for my funds to drop so I can go crazy in the NewVape shop! If you happen to see an extra-pretty V-Rod, set it aside for me please? I’ve been loading my cart obsessively! Should be within a week, I’m so ready to get this done.
Kudos to NewVape for making premium products! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Baron23

@Oogendoogan let me try and wrap my mind around the entirety of your message. Your saying I'm a liar, a shitty actor, and I make bad business decisions. Then you praise the flowerpot. I'm not sure if I should be happy or pissed?
We haven't always agreed on everything but that's perfectly ok, people of good intention do that from time to time.

But in NO WAY have I EVER felt you lied or acted in anything other than good open, honest, and fair way. Not at all.

I support NV and its ownership. That's it, I guess.

All -
As to rotary versus button...this is not a NV and VapeCode issue specifically, I believe. I have an Omron E5CC based controller (as well as an RDK-300 and the NV controllers that come with my Micro20 press) and it (and most other controllers) have that fiddly little button.

Yes, I like the rotary button much more and didn't know you can add one to a E5CC via an interface on the sub-assembly as @JCat has done. But I am with Edwyn for the most part on this...I generally am not messing with my temps all that dang much.

Only exception is with the Micro20 with four control heads.....I do adjust temp based on actual platten measured temp and do make adjustments...with four of them, its a tad annoying but as I said, almost all controllers I have looked at over the past two years have had those type of buttons. That's not to say we should perpetuate it....almost everybody I know personally seems to prefer the rotary control...but I don't see it as something to get overly excited about, personally.

And yes, I do like and recommend Auber -300 for just the reason cited...GA based tech support. But Auber is open that their parts are sourced in China...pretty much like everything else. But I thought they were final assembled in GA. No?

Last edited:

tb42091

While I am really not a fan of the buttons for temp change, like others I dont change the temp often enough for it to be a huge deal and typically use my controller as @invertedisdead laid out. Press and hold for 10-15 degrees and let go and press again for another 10-15 degrees until its where I want

Its pretty insane to me how cheap some of those Auber controllers are.

steama

I really appreciate the constant improvement philosophy of New Vape. At first I wasn't sure how I felt that things can change so fast but now the entire scheme is paying off.

I like that I can look at the evolution of changes on the VROD (and other products) over time and I can decide at what point an upgrade is something I want to do. There have already been several changes that I want but it is good to know that I can wait and when I do upgrade the VROD will be even more advanced.

New Vape changes have been so fantastic and they keep making things better. The excellence is really becoming very obvious now in comparison to how other vape companies evolve their products.

:nod:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Tbh, the last few pages illustrate the thing I’ve liked most about this thread and admired about the FP line over time. When folks are posting how they do things and there’s a collective energy that makes this thread different. The understanding that there are lots of variables and techniques to experiment with & tweak, and yet everyone gets to the place where it’s “dialled in” perfectly for them. And their friends or family do something else entirely! Lol, talking flowerpot is maybe the only instance where everyone can be right.

This is certain: NewVape customers (& owner!) are passionate about their vaporization! :rockon:
Good night everybody! :myday:

Vaporware

Thank you for pointing out the hassles of changing the temp on our current controllers. I was under the impression that you all used the controller like me. Set it and forget it. Please remember that any change in controller temp whether it's buttons or rotary dial will require some heat soak time to have any effect.

I do like the idea of the rotary knob vers the buttons.

I just ordered a black auber RDK-200 and a 20mm coil for evaluation with the flowerpot.

Auber did just confirm that there products are also made in China.

https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45&products_id=459

@invertedisdead NewVape is machining the Dnail heat sinks.

Kudos to Dnail for willing to pay a premium to have there products made in the USA. We hope to machine more of their titanium parts in the future.

I think I’ve mentioned it here before without making a big deal out of it, but for me the only real drawbacks tour controller has are the temp control buttons and maybe the lack of a programmable auto-shutoff timer.

If it was easier to change temps here are some things I’d try or do more often:

1. Go up from the 500s where I usually am to 700s for a few minutes and then back down.

2. Start low and increase the temp throughout the session (which my DaVinci Ascent can do manually or it can automatically change to the temps I programmed in as the session goes on).

Yes this is a different kind of vaporizer, but we do still often have something like a “session” even if it’s more drawn out a lot of times.

3. I expect to use more concentrates with the VRod than I do now with the ShowerHead, and I’ve seen several positive reviews of “uptemp” dabbing (or the reverse).

It’s possible to change the current controller’s temp just before using it to get that effect, but obviously much more difficult to do with the buttons than a dial or programmed setting, especially if you want to do it often.

I’m sure there are other benefits I’m not thinking of too, so if you do end up getting a different controller design I’d recommend easier temp adjustments at least, and maybe more programmability (from an app would be nice, but on the controller would work for now), and maybe some less requested but useful features like an *optional* shut-off timer.

I hope that’s useful feedback, and thanks again for making probably the best desktop vaporizers around! :)

MAbud

There are some real cleaver scum bags out there that will purchase a $600 vaporizer or a $3,000 rosin press call their credit card company to challenge the charge and admit to the credit card company that they used it with cannabis so they can get out of having to return the products. The credit card company always sides with the customer and refunds 100% of their money and thief get's to keep all the products. Even with a terms and agreement, disclaimer stating these products are for essence oils only the credit card company is put in the middle and can't advise their customers to break the law. This is a reoccurring problem. We've tossed around the idea of starting a deadbeat blog page to help expose these thieves. We've recently stopped accepting american express because of this. If you see vaporizer companies switching to cod or western union this may be the reasons why. Does anyone have any suggestions?

That is so awful. I can’t believe people out there are trying to get over on someone else like that.

Run a deadbeat of the week on Instagram and call them out

@NewVape710 couple question...

I have a Rev A or B VROD and cap. I’d like to order the new version but would hate to see it replaced again soon in. Are you expecting to stabilize this for a bit or more tweaks around the bend?

Any progress on a case to hold the VROD and Showerhead? Using a giant pelican case is bulky

Last edited by a moderator:

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
@MAbud There's no next gen vrod head currently on the drawing board. I'd like to have a new carb cab with spinning balls before Thanksgiving. I am going to make a clear lexan carb cab so we can see what the balls are doing inside.

I'd be glad to design a case for you.
Please let me know what you'd like to have in it? Glass, Enail, Stand? or just the Titanium and glass bowls?
Here's a zipper case that might make a good starting point? Or would you prefer a hard case? We've gotten pretty fast at making laser cut foam cutouts. If you have all the parts you can arrange them and take a photo straight down for me to work with.

abcd5432

I upgraded my VROD carb cap and I am amazed at the difference from the original VROD carb cap. This new version is much heavier and has a carved out space for the VROD inlet hole and dish nut. Highly recommended upgrade.

New Vape is the best because there stuff just keeps getting better (all of it). They even tossed in a gift. Looks like I am going to have to order the dabber stand now. :p

All I can say is I am not worthy of such superior customer service treatment. It makes me want to buy more New Vape gear just to say thank you.

:nod:

I'm still pretty new to carb caps, what's the change?
. And now I finally see the post. Is there a blog with everything on it? I love seeing updates to products. The flowerpot is my favorite daily driver currently and there have been quite a number of upgrades already. Excited to update my setup.
Just landed in Cali to live finally in a legal state woo hoo.

Vaporware

That is so awful. I can’t believe people out there are trying to get over on someone else like that.

Run a deadbeat of the week on Instagram and call them out

Yeah, but it’s more common than you’d think. I had an order I filled disputed several months later and PayPal held like $3-400 for several weeks. I provided a tracking number, etc. but they still seemed inclined to give the guy’s money back and leave me screwed in 2 different ways.

I’m not sure why they finally released it, but I think it was because they decided what he bought wasn’t covered by their policies and fortunately rightly left the money with me. It seems that’s not the case with cannabis related products though, at least with credit card companies. It’s really not right, but I don’t know how to effectively deal with it.

Dispensaries here at least don’t even take cards at all, but online vaporizer shops do despite this problem because there aren’t a lot of other ways of getting paid remotely.

The best alternative I can think of that doesn’t require leaving home or physical mail is Bitcoin and other similar crypto-currencies, but for people who aren’t already using them the process of getting started can be long and not necessarily easy.

MAbud

@MAbud There's no next gen vrod head currently on the drawing board. I'd like to have a new carb cab with spinning balls before Thanksgiving. I am going to make a clear lexan carb cab so we can see what the balls are doing inside.

I'd be glad to design a case for you.
Please let me know what you'd like to have in it? Glass, Enail, Stand? or just the Titanium and glass bowls?
Here's a zipper case that might make a good starting point? Or would you prefer a hard case? We've gotten pretty fast at making laser cut foam cutouts. If you have all the parts you can arrange them and take a photo straight down for me to work with.

Edwyn, thanks for the quick response! I was more envisioning an updated version of the caddy to accommodate the VROD and SH. I’d be fine with a more utilitarian design (less carvings) on the top piece, of it helped drive cost down?

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
There are some real cleaver scum bags out there that will purchase a $600 vaporizer or a $3,000 rosin press call their credit card company to challenge the charge and admit to the credit card company that they used it with cannabis so they can get out of having to return the products. The credit card company always sides with the customer and refunds 100% of their money and thief get's to keep all the products. Even with a terms and agreement, disclaimer stating these products are for essence oils only the credit card company is put in the middle and can't advise their customers to break the law. This is a reoccurring problem. We've tossed around the idea of starting a deadbeat blog page to help expose these thieves. We've recently stopped accepting american express because of this. If you see vaporizer companies switching to cod or western union this may be the reasons why. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I think Rocky, Tommy and the rest of the boys could rectify this situation, but it may get a little messy..

Seriously Edwin, I wish there was an easy answer. Going to social media is one road, but I'm thinking that could back fire in a big way. I'm surprised with tracking numbers you have no recourse and would recommend speaking to an attorney and if you already have try another? What about enlisting a recovery service? Repossession agent. the gear is yours after all. What more headaches you did not sign up for. Hopefully the positives of your work still outweigh the negatives. Respect! -YaMon

steama

Not nice. Warning point issued.
I think Rocky, Tommy and the rest of the boys could rectify this situation, but it may get a little messy..

Seriously Edwin, I wish there was an easy answer. Going to social media is one road, but I'm thinking that could back fire in a big way. I'm surprised with tracking numbers you have no recourse and would recommend speaking to an attorney and if you already have try another? What about enlisting a recovery service? Repossession agent. the gear is yours after all. What more headaches you did not sign up for. Hopefully the positives of your work still outweigh the negatives. Respect! -YaMon
Really? Serious eye-roll .... put it down, you obviously need to take a break for everyone's sake.

Hopefully the positives of your work still outweigh the negatives. Respect! -YaMon

Completely idiotic and disrespectful. Respect?

:disgust:

Last edited by a moderator:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Really? Serious eye-roll .... put it down, you obviously need to take a break for everyone's sake.

Hopefully the positives of your work still outweigh the negatives. Respect! -YaMon

Completely idiotic and disrespectful. Respect?

:disgust:
First of all, I believe you are mis-interpreting his words here. By "negatives" he is likely referring in general to negative shit that happens to all of us and is only cheering him on to keep his chin up. That's how I read it anyway.

Secondly, you could've sent him a PM to clarify his comments but instead you assume the worst and call his comments idiotic and disrespectful.

If you feel that a post is rule-breaking, you should report it and let the staff handle it. You've earned your first warning point since you've been resurrected. Let's try to make it your last.

Play nice folks.

:peace:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Well, shit...I had a strong desire to order an Auber RDK-300 this weekend, as I just won a spare coil and banger from @710Coils in their giveaway recently, but I've never owned an enail. Been leaning toward that Auber PID, and you all crooning over it the last couple pages has probably pushed me over the edge. Thanks!

That being said, now my future VROD purchase comes ever closer into the nearer future...

Tommy10

Anyone here rigged up a gravityrod? Or bucketrod? Even a third lungrod? just struck me that I’ve had fun with serious inferior vapes before doing these methods. Anyone know when you can get a Female pointed jug or something? imma ghetto rig up some plastic trash in the mean time :/ but I reckon a glass set up could go great!

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Anyone here rigged up a gravityrod? Or bucketrod? Even a third lungrod? just struck me that I’ve had fun with serious inferior vapes before doing these methods. Anyone know when you can get a Female pointed jug or something? imma ghetto rig up some plastic trash in the mean time :/ but I reckon a glass set up could go great!

*hushed David Attenborough voice* We now witness @Tommy10 in a daring attempt to further maximise the effects of his Vrod, fall victim to Darwin’s Principle of Natural Selection. Let’s watch as his skin turns magnificent shades of green.

Science laboratory supplies - drechsel bottle, whatever joint you want, cut off the bottom. Get a flower vase just slightly bigger. TAG & grav lab also make something professional IIRC but mine is ~$20, theirs isn’t.

Tommy10

Now we are talking just tried it with a plastic bottle, works, but the bowl gets too hot. Glass bottle I prefer waterfall style to gravity style, even with a vase. So I get one of them, drill a lil hole and we are good to go. This will be FUN haha. Loving this thing

Top Bottom