Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

thekayo

Double deckers really are nice, and something to absolutely consider. The Vrod is a wonderful tool to get you into the clouds. I just didn't want you to have the impression that you were going to see an improvement in pure flower going from the SH to the Vrod. But the ability to do double decker hits is a big plus.

Eh, I don't know about that. No offense to your friend, but I think they must be doing something wrong somewhere, either with the SH or with the banger. Maybe they're taking the hits too hot on the Ti of the SH, and the high temp metal dab is making them cough up a lung. Maybe they consider that "hitting harder"? Maybe they don't have their quartz banger technique perfected? Idk, but I would never agree with that general statement.

I mean that is you though. He brings his rig over and has been dabbing for a long time. You may be right about the technique. But for him he chooses to hit the showerhead over his rig as he finds he enjoys the results better. He is doing double deckers and he is not coughing up a lung. Alot of people right off the showerhead for dabbing but what about all those people that choose to dab off ti in there rigs?

thekayo,
Reactions: Roth

steama

I mean that is you though. He brings his rig over and has been dabbing for a long time. You may be right about the technique. But for him he chooses to hit the showerhead over his rig as he finds he enjoys the results better. He is doing double deckers and he is not coughing up a lung. Alot of people right off the showerhead for dabbing but what about all those people that choose to dab off ti in there rigs?
Man, I hate dabbing off of the surface of the shower head. Like many people I started dabbing with a torch heated Ti nail and the taste wasn't too bad. When I dabbed off of the shower head surface it tastes like shit. I do not know why but it taste terrible to me. The VROD on the other hand tastes fantastic. I honestly do not know why there is such a difference in taste.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains

Do that many people really still dab off of Ti these days? Not talking about Ti in the airpath like a Liger, but using Ti as the actual dabbing surface. Thought most moved away from that once they experienced quartz, SiC, or sapphire. The difference is pretty noticeable to me at least.

Honestly, I bet it has to do with your friend's technique with the banger/what banger they're using.

Either way, doesn't matter. As long as they're enjoying it, that's what's important.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
It's ShowerHead day today!!
I have not hit the SH for a few weeks now for some reason...
Anyway, what a way to break the vapefast since last night!!! There was about a 1/3rd of an EQ basket left from last night and in it went!
I think it was The Captain's Pink, amazing strain grown in British Columbia, super smelly, super sticky and super strong!
SH set at 335C, medium draw with good cloud and great taste!! Stir and a second hit with almost the same amount of flavor and cloud!
The dry tube also helped a lot.

Still a serious vape that just works!
Amazing for flower, not so good for dabs off the Ti surface though.

It would be awesome to have an insert that fits inside the SH to dab off!!

Think it will stay on the vape desk for a while now! Change is always good!

steama

Shower head day yay!

I have used many Ti surfaces to dab from and nothing I used tastes as poor as the shower head does.

I wonder if there is a reason for this? Maybe the poor taste is caused by the numbers deeply stamped into the dabbing surface? Maybe the indentations from those numbers allows oil to be trapped and burned rather than vaped? Any ideas as to the reason for the SH poor tasting dabs?

edit: Where is @invertedisdead when you need a question answered?

Last edited by a moderator:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
No joke, inverted is an amazing resource for all manner of knowledge. I’d like to fly him to England and drive him so he could run the game on every pub quiz night up and down the country. We’d be RICH lol!

I’ve been wondering this about the SH and hesitant to bring it up for fear of being accused of heresy and cast out. However since the #1 NV fan @BornAgainSteama has broached the topic, I’m feeling brave: it seems like everyone, everybody, agrees that the titanium trough on the SH is the absolute worst to use for dabbing. It’s the standard advice here: don’t use the SH for concentrates, even 5%, get the V-Rod.

So if the concentrates game has long moved from titanium surfaces and dabbers don’t use it, I wonder if the SH might not benefit from a slimming redesign, simply remove the trough altogether? I know, I know... but TWAX! I simply cannot believe that the ability to dab on the Ti trough influences or increases Showerhead sales, maybe at one time it did. But nobody in 2018 is going to use the SH to dab OR twax, except for stacks on stacks. :brow:

thekayo

Shower head day yay!

I have used many Ti surfaces to dab from and nothing I used tastes as poor as the shower head does.

I wonder if there is a reason for this? Maybe the poor taste is caused by the numbers deeply stamped into the dabbing surface? Maybe the indentations from those numbers allows oil to be trapped and burned rather than vaped? Any ideas as to the reason for the SH poor tasting dabs?

edit: Where is @invertedisdead when you need a question answered?

Hmm mine does not have any numbers stamped into the surface. Is that maybe only on older models?

Baron23

Hey,

Im thinking adding the Vrod to my collection. But the dam coil thing has stopped me and is still stopping me. I know this has been discussed on and off and I am sorry for asking again, but what other brands of coils fit the vrod?

Is there any coils that has the D-Nail pin configs that is vrod compatible? I want to get back in the flower game a bit and give some flowerpot love.
Try @710Coils. I believe he has coils of the proper winding direction and fitted out with D-nail style pin outs.

Ooops, he's sold out but I'm sure he will be getting more

https://710coils.com/collections/everything-1/products/vrod-flower-pot-coil

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
@Hogni Im looking into the Vrod so my sapphire halo can get some love. But the coil thing is just a pain until @710Coils get stock. It would be cool if they let us send in our coils and they machine a vrod to fit, that would be bad ass!!!

Another reason i want the Vrod is because it looks so much nicer than the showerhead too. Anyone know if it turns colors like the SH and wrap around?

Ill most likely just wait until black friday to grab the vrod. I hope by then the coils are available and NV has a decent 20%-25% sale. I feel like i need to get the matching carb caps and a plug or three.

Hmm mine does not have any numbers stamped into the surface. Is that maybe only on older models?

My showerhead has numbers stamped into it. I know someone from NV spoke about this in the past as those who dab off the ti hate the #s stamped in it. I would never dab off it so i didnt care too much. I got mine a year ago, maybe a month less.

So the other night, i had the temp set low at around 650-710F ish and was getting tasty hits but not the white milky hits. It was my first night using the FP in months like pre 4/20. I combusted like 3 times but yet getting shitty light hits. Went to take a dab and went to bed. Next day, i thought like I actually forgot how to use it. Then that night, jack it up to 750F and steady control of my pull and yea, back to the milk and didnt combust at all. My dam 2 hepa filters couldnt keep up with the vape. had the AC on too. But i do take big ass hits! Maybe i have to move an enail and the FP to the garage. I missed this thing.

buddingglasshead

Has anyone mentioned that NV also have a reverse VROD meant for coils besides their own? You probably have one laying around that would fit that one @Shooby knowing you. :p

My Showerhead also had numbers stamped in it. My friend that I bought the VROD Rev A. for prefers the showerhead due to its ease of use, so much easier to new vapers. haha. We ended up coming to an agreeable trade so I now have a VROD and he has the SH. His SO absolutely hates anything where you have to control anything to use it properly and that SH fits that bill. Just inhale. Doesn't matter if it's slow, fast, long, short... You can get good performance out of it pretty much no matter what once you find a temp you like.

I still plan on purchasing the SH again, now. I think the VROD will still be the daily use, but the SH is just so damn nice even though I don't dab on Ti.

Last edited:

Baron23

Has anyone mentioned that NV also have a reverse VROD meant for coils besides their own? You probably have one laying around that would fit that one @Shooby knowing you. :p

My Showerhead also had numbers stamped in it. My friend that I bought the VROD Rev A. for prefers the showerhead due to its ease of use, so much easier to new vapers. haha. We ended up coming to an agreeable trade so I know have a VROD and he has the SH. His SO absolutely hates anything where you have to control anything to use it properly and that SH fits that bill. Just inhale. Doesn't matter if it's slow, fast, long, short... You can get good performance out of it pretty much no matter what once you find a temp you like.

I still plan on purchasing the SH again, now. I think the VROD will still be the daily use, but the SH is just so damn nice even though I don't dab on Ti.

They do indeed....but most coil stack heights are about 12mm while the NV ones are 17mm...not due to stretching the coil but from an additional loop.

@710Coils applicable coil is also the right dimensions...again, not from stretching a 12mm coil but because they were built with enough coils to make the height.

That is definitely NOT to say you can't take a 12mm coil, a flat blade screw driver, and open it up 5 mm and use it.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
@Hogni Im looking into the Vrod so my sapphire halo can get some love. But the coil thing is just a pain until @710Coils get stock. It would be cool if they let us send in our coils and they machine a vrod to fit, that would be bad ass!!!

Another reason i want the Vrod is because it looks so much nicer than the showerhead too. Anyone know if it turns colors like the SH and wrap around?

Ill most likely just wait until black friday to grab the vrod. I hope by then the coils are available and NV has a decent 20%-25% sale. I feel like i need to get the matching carb caps and a plug or three.

My showerhead has numbers stamped into it. I know someone from NV spoke about this in the past as those who dab off the ti hate the #s stamped in it. I would never dab off it so i didnt care too much. I got mine a year ago, maybe a month less.

So the other night, i had the temp set low at around 650-710F ish and was getting tasty hits but not the white milky hits. It was my first night using the FP in months like pre 4/20. I combusted like 3 times but yet getting shitty light hits. Went to take a dab and went to bed. Next day, i thought like I actually forgot how to use it. Then that night, jack it up to 750F and steady control of my pull and yea, back to the milk and didnt combust at all. My dam 2 hepa filters couldnt keep up with the vape. had the AC on too. But i do take big ass hits! Maybe i have to move an enail and the FP to the garage. I missed this thing.

Yes, the Vrod will slowly morph colors like the SH and WA. I love watching the progression of color change on it.

lasvideo

Yes, the Vrod will slowly morph colors like the SH and WA. I love watching the progression of color change on it.

My flower vaping sessions at 585 F are the sweet spot for my VROD . Ive had no color changes on the VROD or bowl at that temp. I hope I never do. The random discoloration looks like crap to me. I prefer the shine of unmarred stainless steel (yes Hogni... or even titanium). YMMV.

Day 2 of tolerance break. :(

Last edited:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
My flower vaping sessions at 585 F are the sweet spot for my VROD . Ive had no color changes on the VROD or bowl at that temp. I hope I never do. The random discoloration looks like crap to me. I prefer the shine of unmarred stainless steel (yes Hogni... or even titanium). YMMV.

Day 2 of tolerance break. :(

Definitely keep your temps low then! I've done some high temp burn offs for my ruby spheres, so that sped up the color change.

Muzz

So if the concentrates game has long moved from titanium surfaces and dabbers don’t use it, I wonder if the SH might not benefit from a slimming redesign, simply remove the trough altogether? :brow:

I would love to see an alternative shower head centre post designed that does away with the dish! I can imagine how nice it would look to have a SH design that instead of the dish, the top section of the SH centre post starts at the same diameter of the coil cover, and goes up in a cone to the flat surface where the air holes are currently located. Then on that cone shaped surface there could be little dimples cut that form a cool geometric pattern around the shower head. Would look amazing!

thekayo

I would love to see an alternative shower head centre post designed that does away with the dish! I can imagine how nice it would look to have a SH design that instead of the dish, the top section of the SH centre post starts at the same diameter of the coil cover, and goes up in a cone to the flat surface where the air holes are currently located. Then on that cone shaped surface there could be little dimples cut that form a cool geometric pattern around the shower head. Would look amazing!

draw it out and you never know. they might just make it lol!

Doktor Dub

It would be awesome to have an insert that fits inside the SH to dab off!!

+1000 - any chance to see somthing like this? Soooo little concentrate use by me but still nice to have a good solution for these few special-times...

Other than that, nto much for me to ad to this great thread as the SH is just so good with Flowers and just works...

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Look at the diameter of the dish space and imagine a wall thickness of the insert of 1-2mm to the inner and the outer side each. How shall this work with a ring formed remaining space of perhaps 2mm?
You have to reduce the area of the air intakes and - voila - you do have something like the VRod.

Top Bottom