Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Likes2vape

Dabbing on the vrod & quartz at the same temperature as flower (550) was a complete fail. It just kept going with wispy vapour and the number of hits hurt my throat and chest.
650 was a little better but still wasted some with pooling.
700 seems to work, but with less flavour.
More testing needed.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be able to dab on top of flower though as dabbing temps are far too high for flower.

As a quick test I put a tiny amount of flower in and hit it quickly at 700 uncapped and the edges were practically black. I'm sure it would combust if it were capped.

Any tips or advice welcome
I have found 650 to work best for twaxing with the vrod. I usually get 3-4 big hits with very little waste of the dab.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I'm finding anything over say 600 capped and the herb is too dark and charred and the vapour has an unpleasant taste.

If I use a faster draw to try to counter it, I just get a charred ring and a lighter centre again.

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
Its interesting, My first FP experience was the wraparound head. I remember having it at 700 plus on my highfive controller. And the twaxing was perfect. I find with my V-Rod I cant find that balance, so I happily put my dab ontop of the flower and get great results.

Any1 find good twax settings?
Id say one of the most important variables in vaping is moisture level of the herb. Dry will fry, moist wont die ;)

Try some fresh moist flower and a dab in the dish at a higher temp.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Its interesting, My first FP experience was the wraparound head. I remember having it at 700 plus on my highfive controller. And the twaxing was perfect. I find with my V-Rod I cant find that balance, so I happily put my dab ontop of the flower and get great results.

Any1 find good twax settings?
Id say one of the most important variables in vaping is moisture level of the herb. Dry will fry, moist wont die ;)

Try some fresh moist flower and a dab in the dish at a higher temp.

I double deck some flower and herb using a temp of 646, using the cap.

That's the temp I've settled into for both flower and dabbing. I'm using the Vrod capped at that temp for flower only and get nice even extraction with a decently fast draw.

Sometimes I'll lower the temp a little but for a lower temp dab, but I usually don't bother with it these days since 646 is so tasty.

For those looking to up their concentrate game, absolutely add some sapphire/ruby/quartz beads/spheres into their dish. 5mm fits the 25mm and 28mm NV dishes.

Adding in the spheres makes a difference imo, I won't be going back. It let's you drop the temp some, and still vape more of your dab quicker. It just vapes it all quickly rather than spread it out between hits. I like monster hits.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I don't know what's wrong with my setup, there's no way I can twax with the quartz dish. :(
The differences in the temperatures needed are too great.
I can do double deckers in the bowl but I can do that with the showerhead too, without needing to carb cap

Likes2vape

I double deck some flower and herb using a temp of 646, using the cap.

That's the temp I've settled into for both flower and dabbing. I'm using the Vrod capped at that temp for flower only and get nice even extraction with a decently fast draw.

Sometimes I'll lower the temp a little but for a lower temp dab, but I usually don't bother with it these days since 646 is so tasty.

For those looking to up their concentrate game, absolutely add some sapphire/ruby/quartz beads/spheres into their dish. 5mm fits the 25mm and 28mm NV dishes.

Adding in the spheres makes a difference imo, I won't be going back. It let's you drop the temp some, and still vape more of your dab quicker. It just vapes it all quickly rather than spread it out between hits. I like monster hits.
That’s funny 646 is what I was using the vrod at too. I’m going to have to check out the spheres/balls for the dish, seems like a good idea.

Likes2vape

I don't know what's wrong with my setup, there's no way I can twax with the quartz dish. :(
The differences in the temperatures needed are too great.
I can do double deckers in the bowl but I can do that with the showerhead too, without needing to carb cap

There’s been a few reports of the quartz dish not working well for dabbing. I use the dnail sic dish so that’s probably why I get good results at 650 and you’re not.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
There's no way of could vape flower with this vrod at 650 though.
It would be too charred and taste bad.

I'm at 550 and it's coming out just slightly lighter than ground coffee

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
@Roth cool, ill look into that. Any dhgate options you know of?

I don't think I've seen ruby or sapphire spheres on DHGate, but I didn't look too hard. I know you can find some quartz on DHGate. I got mine from swissjewel.com, but they have a $50 min order. I got 10 spheres from them at about $5 something a sphere. I forget now, but it's in the thread I made in the Vapor Related Equipment subforum.

I'd link ya, but I'm on my phone and have to run in just a second.

There’s been a few reports of the quartz dish not working well for dabbing. I use the dnail sic dish so that’s probably why I get good results at 650 and you’re not.

Agreed, I was never fully satisfied with the NV quartz dish. Much better since I got the SiC dish. @Pyr0 If you have one of the older 25mm SiC dishes, you can throw that on top of your Vrod and see if you like it.

There's no way of could vape flower with this vrod at 650 though.
It would be too charred and taste bad.

I'm at 550 and it's coming out just slightly lighter than ground coffee

That's weird, I wonder if it's related to draw resistance in your piece/your draw speed.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
@Pyr0 If you have one of the older 25mm SiC dishes, you can throw that on top of your Vrod and see if you like it.
Unfortunately I don't, I've only ever vaped rosin from quartz VapeXhale Evo nails and off the ti showerhead.
That's weird, I wonder if it's related to draw resistance in your piece/your draw speed.
If I use a more free flowing piece/increase my draw speed, I get a charred ring and the centre of the load is less vaped. :shrug:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Unfortunately I don't, I've only ever vaped rosin from quartz VapeXhale Evo nails and off the ti showerhead.

If I use a more free flowing piece/increase my draw speed, I get a charred ring and the centre of the load is less vaped. :shrug:

Not sure what to tell you to try differently. Wish I could just teleport over there, take a rip, and see what's different from my setup!

Hopefully someone will be able to chime in with some other advice.

Muzz

Hey everyone! Expecting my controller and coil to arrive today, shower head should be here next week too! :D Quick question, I have a 9mm thick dhgate bong, and I would like to drill a carb hole inside one of the ice pinches in preparation for my new arrivals. I would be using a diamond tipped glass core drill bit. Has anyone done this before? I'm scared of cracking or shattering the glass. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. :)

Edit: The controller and coil has arrived, but I noticed it says 110v on the coil. I specifically told them I would be using the setup on 220-240v.. Does anyone know if the 110v coil Still works on 240v?

Last edited:
Hey, I am a new customer of Newvape and specifically, the flowerpot showerhead starter kit. The experience I've had dealing with the company I felt they deserved a shout out, especially to Lori on the customer service end.
Truly blew me away in terms of the quality of the product; it truly speaks for itself like Mothership and Olympic back in the old days and is backed up by absolutely impeccable customer service. NewVape is the future of where smoking is going, finally, a solid option that still feels like its a good hit from a bong and is a piece of art and engineering in one. If you're on the fence, get one.

Been using the standard titanium bowl with double weave screen, has anyone been using the glass bowl. comparisons for taste and amount of vapor?

Thanks, everybody for any responses.

I'm looking foward to seeing how this game changer of a company grows and what products they put out next.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Hey everyone! Expecting my controller and coil to arrive today, shower head should be here next week too! :D Quick question, I have a 9mm thick dhgate bong, and I would like to drill a carb hole inside one of the ice pinches in preparation for my new arrivals. I would be using a diamond tipped glass core drill bit. Has anyone done this before? I'm scared of cracking or shattering the glass. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. :)

Edit: The controller and coil has arrived, but I noticed it says 110v on the coil. I specifically told them I would be using the setup on 220-240v.. Does anyone know if the 110v coil Still works on 240v?

Hey man, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that 110v coil definitely won’t work. Did you confirm the controller was 220-240v and not 110v as well? If it’s 110-240v then no worries but if it just says 110-120v then it will have to go back too. I’m sorry dude, that really sucks. Was it from NV, or elsewhere?

As far as your drilling question, IIRC it was asked about just a few days ago so just scan the last few pages. It can be done (carefully) but personally, I’d think the ice pinches would be more risky. Just because they’re thicker than the glass surrounding them, due to how they’re made. Good luck!

Muzz

Yeah controller is 110-240v but from what I can see there is a choice of two coils to suit the power supply. Mega bummed, was hoping the supplier would get back to me before the weekend but unfortunately not. Not really keen to wait another two weeks+ for the right coil! Thinking I might pick up a 240v-110v transformer here in Australia.. Sucks but don't think I can wait.

Anyone else know for sure re using the coil? I assume the difference between the two coils is in their resistance, and not much else. When I calculate the voltage/wattage of each coil the 110v has a resistance of 1.1 ohms and the 240v has a resistance of 1.4 ohms, when I calculate the wattage of using a 1.1 ohm heating coil on 240v it comes in at 220watts of heating power, in my mind the question is can the unit handle the equivalent of a 220w heating element..

Not really keen to test it out though lol!
Controller is from dhgate.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@Muzz

Don't you think it wouldn't be much better just to use some of these adapters?

Less work, less danger of breakage and it delivers more versatitlity I think.

9ed48a4079bb35aa88a67ec9573bed6d.jpg

2369564dd38a4b5ce12eaea9e08babd3.jpg

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
The coil is dependant on the voltage of your mains, it has to match. There’s no way around it.

If you test it, you will destroy the coil for sure and maybe the controller as well. Good luck!

@Hogni I think the word in German is “kickloch” for a carb hole on a bong, to clear it without removing the bowl/slide. Idk, I need more coffee!

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Yep, right. In Germany nearly all offered WT have a "Kickloch" by tradition. But I prefer the solution with one of these adapters instead an integrated carb hole. I hate water coming out the Kickloch if you aren't carefully enough. Also cleaning of a WT with Kickloch is a bit more hassle.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Yep, right. In Germany nearly all offered WT have a "Kickloch" by tradition. But I prefer the solution with one of these adapters instead an integrated carb hole. I hate water coming out the Kickloch if you aren't carefully enough. Also cleaning of a WT with Kickloch is a bit more hassle.

Yessir, I do appreciate that they all offer the no kickloch option these days. I much prefer the carb adapter approach too, so great for the reasons you mentioned and by some witchcraft really seems to punch me in the face.

@Muzz dude, I’m genuinely bummed for you. I would be so upset, I’d have to double the daily rations!

LabPong

I drill carb holes in almost all my glass pieces. Use a 3/16 diamond bit to drill with and submerge under water if you can. I use a plastic bucket to do this in and the water level is just barely over the drill area. 9mm is freaking thick.....most are 4-5mm. Takes me about 15-20 mins to drill a 5mm thick wall, so you will have to go slow and take your time.

I have to disagree with Hogni.....having another glass attachment just makes things more complicated and more to clean....or break.

Plus....having a small carb hole to feather with your finger is such a smooth experience with getting a quick chamber clear.

15_e_Tqhj_EN.jpg

21_QBCPVdb.jpg

Top Bottom