Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

maxymods

ID like to say that when I upgraded to the vrod I noticed s difference in flowers. I noticed I could go a lot
Lower temperatures and get more vapor. This could be because of the design of the vrod, but I thought it may also be the newvape controller giving more accurate temps than my highfivevape one did but I haven’t tested with a temp gun or anything like that so can’t confirm

lasvideo

D'oooh!

Loving the VROD but not happy with not being able to see the bong fill up with vapor as I hit ( so I know when to take the hit and clear the bong). Looked into getting the Newvape sidecar glass which would give me the visibility I am missing. But if I buy the sidecar glass, I also need a case with cutout foam so I can take the Coffeepot to friends houses. That ends up being lots of $$$.

So I decided to try FC member Kilos approach. I bought a cool stainless steel mirror for $15 that will show me exactly what I want to see as I learn to utilize this vape. Thanks Kilo!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0749D9NVG/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A31HQFJH41L26H&psc=1

Last edited:

Snooppossum

hey yall, i read on one of the earlier pages where somebody was using a 6 hole carb cap with their showerhead. have any of you heard of this? i cant find any more info on it anywhere on here or google for the life of me.

Snooppossum,
Reactions: BigJr48

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
hey yall, i read on one of the earlier pages where somebody was using a 6 hole carb cap with their showerhead. have any of you heard of this? i cant find any more info on it anywhere on here or google for the life of me.

This is the only thing I could think that you might be talking about:

So I did an experiment with the Vrod cap, because I’m currently obsessed with spinning ruby spheres. My goal was to drill two more holes in an equilateral triangle formation (did not get the third hole drilled before getting eager to test it). I took a thin file to angle the holes to direct airflow into a somewhat circular path. This got my 5mm spheres spinning around the dnail Sic with ease! I’m wondering if NV would allow me to buy another VRod cap, with 3 smaller holes rather than the one bigger one...

https://imgur.com/a/ZvRf9KQ

Churro, you still rocking your 2 hole carb cap? Any further experimentation with it? I get my spheres moving with just the one hole, but I know they could be spinning quicker with directed airflow.

Alexis

Im pretty sure that was @emmdeemo try using the search feature above- just select "this thread", "by member- emmdeemo " type it exactly and his name should pop up to click on, or just type it correct.

But also type "6 hole showercap/carb cap etc" in the main search bar at the top.
I must warn you though that in my many experiences the search feature can be particularly unreliable but it can also work so good luck.

Snooppossum

thanks for the replies guys, one last question also.... does anybody here like to use the airflow plugs with their showerhead, and if so what is the best way you have found to configure them?

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
thanks for the replies guys, one last question also.... does anybody here like to use the airflow plugs with their showerhead, and if so what is the best way you have found to configure them?

Never used them in my SH, and don't have a plan to use them either. The wonderful thing about the SH is the wide open airflow that provides even extraction.

The plugs were only developed for the Rev A Vrod, since the smaller inlet above the dish affected the airflow dynamics. You get a dark outer ring from the Vrod at a high temp, fast draw. The plug helps it, but it's still there a bit.

What are you hoping to achieve using the plugs in your SH?

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Edit: Sorry @Roth .. I'm a slow keyboarder.

Not sure why anyone would want to do so (Plug a ShowerHead). There are already enough variables:

Variables (Flower Only):
Glass Piece, drop down, ash catcher, Heat Setting, Draw Speed/Strength, Material, Material Moisture Content Amount of Material, Grind, Capped or Uncapped, bowl stem diameter and Bowl/VRod/ShowerHead fit (unheated air introduced)

The plugs were meant only for the VRod to solve a problem with uneven browning of your material. You are welcome to try one with the ShowerHead, but I'm not sure what you would accomplish? Wondering what to add to your order? Definitely the other post size, possibly a second bowl (Glass), carb cap and double weave screens. Their Fine Grinder is pretty sweet too! Respect! -YaMon btw. Love Snoop, he's dope!

Last edited:

Snooppossum

Never used them in my SH, and don't have a plan to use them either. The wonderful thing about the SH is the wide open airflow that provides even extraction.

The plugs were only developed for the Rev A Vrod, since the smaller inlet above the dish affected the airflow dynamics. You get a dark outer ring from the Vrod at a high temp, fast draw. The plug helps it, but it's still there a bit.

What are you hoping to achieve using the plugs in your SH?
nothing in particular, i was just wondering if people were somehow lowering their temps or getting more even airflow somehow. ive been having a really hard time figuring out my carb cap because of the airflow ...unlike with oils im actually getting way less vapor when i use my carb cap as well as uneven extraction, however i really want to figure out how to use it properly and lower my temps.

Edit: Sorry @Roth .. I'm a slow keyboarder.

Not sure why anyone would want to do so (Plug a ShowerHead). There are already enough variables:

Variables (Flower Only):
Glass Piece, drop down, ash catcher, Heat Setting, Draw Speed/Strength, Material, Material Moisture Content Amount of Material, Grind, Capped or Uncapped, bowl stem diameter and Bowl/VRod/ShowerHead fit (unheated air introduced)

The plugs were meant only for the VRod to solve a problem with uneven browning of your material. Your are welcome to try one with the ShowerHead, but I'm not sure what you would accomplish? Wondering what to add to your order? Definitely the other post size, possibly a second bowl (Glass), carb cap and double weave screens. Their Fine Grinder is pretty sweet too! Respect! -YaMon btw. Love Snoop, he's dope!
i ordered extra all of those things (; and thanks!

FWIW—with a light draw, and no carb cap, the vrod head browns more evenly without plugs (rev A)[/QUOTE

are you saying you get more even extraction from the 1s vrod version without the plug? how about compared to the rev b vrod?

Snooppossum,
Reactions: BigJr48

Muzz

Hello lovely people of FC!

Just joined up, first post! I imagine my questions have been covered in this thread, however I’ve spent hours reading through hundreds of pages on this thread and I am no closer to the answers I seek. Sorry if this has been covered already! Also a big thank you for having me here! I‘ve been lurking around this forum quite a bit in the past, really nice vibe here

I am trying to choose which style of flowerpot to purchase, the Vrod, Showerhead, Wraparound or the standard centre post with dish.

First and foremost, I am after really good performance for vaping flowers. That would lead me toward the Vrod and showerhead. However I see that the Vrod uses a 28mm dish, and requires a carb cap specific to it. At $40 US for the carb cap this is a massive extra expense (especially when converting to AUD) when I can get a carb cap for $8 US for a 25mm dish. Also aesthetically (I know it’s silly) the Vrod looks significantly chunkier from pictures then all other options. In my mind it’s the least cool looking lot of the bunch. Also I like the idea of using a quartz dish for dabs, which is not an option with the showerhead.

My 1st question is: How much difference is there in performance (in vaping flowers) between the shower head and the wrap around? Does the WA vape the herb a little less evenly as the holes are more central?

Has anyone experienced both styles and noticed a significant performance difference in vaping flowers?

If there is a noticeable and significant advantage for vaping flowers with the showerhead, I might get it and use my glass banger and torch for dabs (would prefer to minimise my setup though). If the difference in vaping between the two is negligible then I think the wrap around or standard centre post is for me! :D

My 2nd question is: Does the wrap around feature improve the performance for dabbing a noticeable amount over using the standard centre post? I imagine it gives more even heating to the quartz dish, but does this equate to a noticeably better experience when doing dabs?

Thanks Everyone!!

lasvideo

As another new member /VROD Bundle Owner, I can say it is a thing of beauty and creative engineering that ROCKS! My only points of comparison are my beloved EVO and new friend, Argo. As a child of the sixties, I think the peace symbol on the grinder bands is way cool.

Just finished a sessh with WIfi OG powdered and cooked at 550 on VROD Rev. 3 with NO carb. Long slow tokes resulted in large, cool hits. And when I scrutinized the bowl it was a nice even dark brown. Well vaped. Me too. ;)

Havent entered the world of concentrates yet. Dont want to mess up my already fairly high tolerance.

Last edited:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains

Just joined up, first post! I imagine my questions have been covered in this thread, however I’ve spent hours reading through hundreds of pages on this thread and I am no closer to the answers I seek. Sorry if this has been covered already! Also a big thank you for having me here! I‘ve been lurking around this forum quite a bit in the past, really nice vibe here

I am trying to choose which style of flowerpot to purchase, the Vrod, Showerhead, Wraparound or the standard centre post with dish.

First and foremost, I am after really good performance for vaping flowers. That would lead me toward the Vrod and showerhead. However I see that the Vrod uses a 28mm dish, and requires a carb cap specific to it. At $40 US for the carb cap this is a massive extra expense (especially when converting to AUD) when I can get a carb cap for $8 US for a 25mm dish. Also aesthetically (I know it’s silly) the Vrod looks significantly chunkier from pictures then all other options. In my mind it’s the least cool looking lot of the bunch. Also I like the idea of using a quartz dish for dabs, which is not an option with the showerhead.

My 1st question is: How much difference is there in performance (in vaping flowers) between the shower head and the wrap around? Does the WA vape the herb a little less evenly as the holes are more central?

Has anyone experienced both styles and noticed a significant performance difference in vaping flowers?

If there is a noticeable and significant advantage for vaping flowers with the showerhead, I might get it and use my glass banger and torch for dabs (would prefer to minimise my setup though). If the difference in vaping between the two is negligible then I think the wrap around or standard centre post is for me! :D

My 2nd question is: Does the wrap around feature improve the performance for dabbing a noticeable amount over using the standard centre post? I imagine it gives more even heating to the quartz dish, but does this equate to a noticeably better experience when doing dabs?

Thanks Everyone!!

I had a longer response typed up, but my phone ate it.

Long story short, don't even consider the WA or original center post version. They are both outperformed by the Vrod and SH. The improvements in the Vrod and SH are significant and very noticable.

If you plan on using concentrates at all, just go straight for the Vrod and don't look back. You'll be happiest in the long run.

Honestly I prefer the look of the Vrod most. And the Vrod carb cap is worth it imo, great seal on the Vrod.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
It's working pretty good and flavour saving but the loud sound, real "rattling", is not for everyone's liking.
A friend of mine quitted using his bc of this.

I cant hear the rattle of the ball over the sounds of the water bubbling. Not sure if the glass piece had a slight design upgrade or not but it doesnt bother me one bit. I was concerned it might but its actually become my daily driver.

Vapxr

What kind of glass would you all recommend with the vrod. I twax all the time so I'd like for it to be good with both flower and oil. Is alot of diffusion bad for a Flowerpot? I currently use the 18mm sidecar sold on the NV website.

Vaporware

I have noticed on initial heat up that my Vrod does get stuck as well. Its just a jiggle to get it off (sometimes easier than other times). I had read that it was a problem back in the early 400 pages (still working my way through this thread :D) - I'm curious why this gets better as time goes on

As was already mentioned, the Ti version of the post doesn’t stick, and I believe NewVape also slightly modified the post’s head somewhere along the way to reduce sticking. Plus I think a lot of people just learned to deal with it without much trouble so they stopped talking about it. Mine’s always stuck very slightly on initial heat up, but it’s never been a big deal.

ID like to say that when I upgraded to the vrod I noticed s difference in flowers. I noticed I could go a lot
Lower temperatures and get more vapor. This could be because of the design of the vrod, but I thought it may also be the newvape controller giving more accurate temps than my highfivevape one did but I haven’t tested with a temp gun or anything like that so can’t confirm

The NewVape controller isn’t giving you a reading even close to the temp of the air that’s hitting the flower, but I’m not sure how it compares to HighFive’s.

I do know though that a lot of people switching from ShowerHeads to VRods and using the same controllers were able to get what they saw as equivalent results at lower temperatures.

Ah, fuck you! :rockon:
(just kidding, of course! :love:)

For anyone who hasn’t run into the Fuck You thread:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/fuck-you.10554/

Thanks Everyone!!

Unless you’re building a vape museum and you want every version of the FlowerPot, I’d skip straight to the VRod or ShowerHead.

A few people liked the Wrap-Around over the ShowerHead because the draw is more restricted, but the main reason people chose it was for concentrate use, and I haven’t heard anyone say they tried the VRod and still liked the Wrap-Around better.

I have and love the ShowerHead, but even with minimal concentrate usage I want to pick the VRod up at some point. Until then I use the Ti on top sometimes and put concentrates on flower in the bowl other times, but if I were in your position I’d go straight to the VRod with a SIC dish and maybe a quartz, but I’d expect that to be a backup.

If you really want the Wrap-Around or “OG” versions, then yes the Wrap-Around does make a real difference, this is a barrel coil design (as opposed to flat coil that would cover more of the bottom of the dish), so heat is only coming from the middle and spreading to the outside of the dish. The Ti that wraps under and around the edge of the dish transfers more heat out to the rest of the dish.

One more thing to consider for flower though is the VRod and especially the ShowerHead are easy to get even vaporization on. The VRod May give a bit of a dark ring at high temps, the Showerhead is even at any temp or draw speed I’ve tried, and that’s been the consensus around here. The Wrap-Around can give great results too, but it’s a lot more likely to give uneven vaporization than the newer models.

If you decide to go with the Wrap-Around, considering your location and the expense of importing, I’d look for someone there who’s upgrading to a VRod and buy their used Wrap-Around. Unless they did something crazy to it (which should be obvious) it should be as good to go as the day they got it.

My recommendation is still to go for the VRod if you can afford it though, or the ShowerHead if you prefer to use something else for concentrates most of the time. :)

Muzz

Thanks Roth and vaporware for your helpful responses! Yep, I think I'm going to suck it up and go for the Vrod, n fork out the extra for the carb cap.. Do it once do it right as they say! :) Very excited, I'm currently using a stainless coil vaporgenie that I use with a bong so this will be a massive step up!!

Top Bottom