Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

wildman420

The Most Interesting Monkey in the World
My VROD head is stuck together. No problem at all getting the SiC dish off, but can not get the 2 sections apart. I'm going to go buy some straps to make some strap wrenches later :(

I've been meticulous about regularly taking it completely apart ... doing so twice a week (when I pack up to go to the cottage for the weekend, and when I pack up to come back). This weekend when ready to return to the cottage I was unable to take it apart. I've spent much time on this and even bought a couple strap wrenches today so I could exert extra force ... still no luck :(

Any advice would be appreciated ...

Put it in the freezer... cold makes metal contract. If that doesnt work an old trick for gettting the barrels of of an AR15 is to take a can of compressed air and turn it upside down. The liquid that comes out when you spray it will freeze the shit out of anything. Use a grippy mat and wrench if needed.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Put it in the freezer... cold makes metal contract. If that doesnt work an old trick for gettting the barrels of of an AR15 is to take a can of compressed air and turn it upside down. The liquid that comes out when you spray it will freeze the shit out of anything. Use a grippy mat and wrench if needed.

Interesting, I hit mine with the torch for a second when mine got stuck.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Yeah I had that happen, I just torched one side for a few seconds and then I was able to unscrew them.
So you torched it when cold? Or pre-heated first? (I'm assuming you torched top part's sides?)

I'm guessing you used some leather mitts or something to hold it after torching it or did you use a wrench and the coil handle?

JCat,

Grifo

DOOOOD that water cleaning tip with the sick dish works great. Even using water instead of ISO after a dab cleans it better than iso. It just gets a little splashy if you use too much water.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
DOOOOD that water cleaning tip with the sick dish works great. Even using water instead of ISO after a dab cleans it better than iso. It just gets a little splashy if you use too much water.

I have taken to cleaning my SiC dish once a day in a bath of recently boiled water. I just let it sit in the water for a few minutes, then give the dish a tiny swirl. The dirt starts coming off just with the agitation of the water. Then one wipe with a fresh q-tip/cotton bud/glob mop and its as good as new.

I swab after each dab too but these once a day soaks have become part of my routine. If ever I'm without cotton buds, I know the dish is still gonna come up clean really easily.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
My VROD head is stuck together. No problem at all getting the SiC dish off, but can not get the 2 sections apart. I'm going to go buy some straps to make some strap wrenches later :(

I've been meticulous about regularly taking it completely apart ... doing so twice a week (when I pack up to go to the cottage for the weekend, and when I pack up to come back). This weekend when ready to return to the cottage I was unable to take it apart. I've spent much time on this and even bought a couple strap wrenches today so I could exert extra force ... still no luck :(

Any advice would be appreciated ...

Mine was stuck, and I tried all sorts of things from different temps to tools. Couldn't get it apart and gave up for the night. Next morning, my brother just takes it apart first try with no issue.

I tell him I loosened it for him.

So unfortunately I don't really have any advice for you, except to just try it again later. Maybe after some more use, or just other temp changes, she'll unlock herself for you.

Good luck!

Yep, qtip and distilled water is amazing. I just got this in yesterday, and love it already:

rBVaSlssnxWAGGELAAKqZbJu5Ro370.jpg

https://m.dhgate.com/product/high-e...tainer/415264351.html#s1-2-1;searl|1166548910

Perfect qtip holder with a little reservoir in the bottom to keep distilled water. Taking the dab cleaning regiment to the next level!

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So you torched it when cold? Or pre-heated first? (I'm assuming you torched top part's sides?)

I'm guessing you used some leather mitts or something to hold it after torching it or did you use a wrench and the coil handle?

Yeah it was cold, on the side opposite of the coil. I only torched it very briefly, and used my shirt to hold it and unscrew it.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
I'm sure if you say so then it is so....but being used in the forumlation and being present as an element to outgas are different, I believe.

"Macor has a high use temperature (800°C continuous to 1,000°C peak). It has a low thermal conductivity and is a useful high temperature insulator as well as an excellent electrical insulator. Macor has no porosity and when properly baked out, will not outgas. It is strong and rigid and, unlike high temperature plastics, will not creep or deform. Macor is also radiation resistant."
I have been recently using a glass bowl from the NV source and do indeed like it over the Ti bowl for taste. However, I agree with Edwyn's ( @NewVape710 ) view that blown glass just doesn't seem to be able to be made with the tolerances we would probably all prefer.

Now, with that said, I'm not at all unhappy with my Ti bowl...just a bit better taste with the boro.

Edwyn, for my part I'm very happy with my Showerhead in Ti and, and this is just me, personally my interest in the MACOR (or other machinable ceramic) is for the bowl/stem. Its very exciting that you are looking into this and moving forward so quickly. Wow.

So, I'm still rocking my SH and liking it a good bit. But this past wknd I was out of town visiting a friend who has the Vrod with SiC and we banged it a bit. Love the design...highly integrated and also clean and stylish.

Edwyn, I believe I read a prior post of yours that you were planning to get some small qty of coils that are suitable for the Vrod but with D-nail type XLR and pin-outs. Is this going to happen. I already have three controllers so there is my primary interest in a compatible coil. That a bit of a barrier to entry for me wrt to getting a Vrod.

I like New Vape products very much and tend to tout their Pax reloading tool and fine grinder anywhere and everywhere I can... along with the FP. I also own them as well as recommend them.

But I have stepped it up and in the last couple of days I bought a NV Micro-20 rosin press from a friend (and there are two more dual port controllers that came with it....I think controllers are getting it on and reproducing at night...where did they all come from! LOL). Just got home with it and haven't even had a chance to set it up (need to go to Home Depot tomorrow and get some mounting screws and washers for the hydros).

I know...wrong thread...but this NV press is built like a T-72 tank. I'm talking solid as a rock (also heavy...oh, my aching old back LOL). Its just a totally top notch product as far as I can tell from fit, finish, design, and apparent durability. We did use it to squish before packing it up to move and it worked wonderfully. Not sure that me and my little bitty tolerance need a press like this, but as far as I can tell its a commercial grade product and will last a lifetime. Maybe a bit much for home use (though that's my use case), but I can readily see this for smaller commercial operations. Maybe I need to set up a small local co-op in my garage for squishing with the Micro-20. LOL

Just though I would drop in and say hi after reading about all of the exciting and new initiatives coming out of NV on the FP.

Cheers

Thank you for the kind words @Baron23 I'm glad the micro 20 landed with a good family. I hope you enjoy it.

Baron23

Thank you for the kind words @Baron23 I'm glad the micro 20 landed with a good family. I hope you enjoy it.
Thank you, Edwyn. The hard part was just lifting it to the bench by my old self. Is it made of depleted uranium! LOL

It’s really a solid device. When I get it set up, and I have a breadth of experience w squishing, I’ll try to post an informal review. But based the one experience I had squishing when I picked it up, it’s easy to use and totally fit for purpose.

I really did like the design and function of the Vrod. It was a gen 2 without the center hole (I’m pretty sure) and we did twax hits w the GSC rosin we just pressed! It was very lovely and we got very medicated. Haha.

I noticed that I might have left a little in the herb when finished w the dab but I didn’t really get a chance to learn the device (and I think my buddy just put in too much flower for my lungs).

FP sure has gone a long way from its inceptio in a short period of time. You should be very proud of this product. :tup::rockon::clap:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
@JCat you want to heat the 'nut' portion, and it does not take much temperature difference. That is the key, you need the outer piece (nut) to be warmer than the portion the coil goes around. You can cool the whole assembly and then heat just the nut with a lighter.. does not need to be hot to the touch.

ZeroChances

Anybody order the
28mm New Vape Sic Dish (9264)

Just got mine and its a little to big, the quartz one fit like a glove. Im using the VROD

Last edited:
ZeroChances,
Reactions: graydeh1

JCat

Accessory Maker
Mine was stuck, and I tried all sorts of things from different temps to tools. Couldn't get it apart and gave up for the night. Next morning, my brother just takes it apart first try with no issue.

I tell him I loosened it for him.

So unfortunately I don't really have any advice for you, except to just try it again later. Maybe after some more use, or just other temp changes, she'll unlock herself for you.

Good luck!

Yep, qtip and distilled water is amazing. I just got this in yesterday, and love it already:

rBVaSlssnxWAGGELAAKqZbJu5Ro370.jpg

https://m.dhgate.com/product/high-e...tainer/415264351.html#s1-2-1;searl|1166548910

Perfect qtip holder with a little reservoir in the bottom to keep distilled water. Taking the dab cleaning regiment to the next level!
I just bought one of these ... :lol: ...

wall

Anybody order the
28mm New Vape Sic Dish (9264)

Just got mine and its a little to big, the quartz one fit like a glove. Im using the VROD
Hmm I see you are a little late to the party, it needs to be machined at new vape to fit it, Edwin talked about it a page or two back

wall,
Reactions: Hogni

JCat

Accessory Maker
My VROD head is still stuck together :(

I've tried freezing, and I've tried torching the top part of the head, and still no luck regardless of what I try. :(

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
Mines been stuck since I put it together, only tried a wrench with tape on it so No stratches.
Still stuck.

graydeh1,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
My VROD head is still stuck together :(

I've tried freezing, and I've tried torching the top part of the head, and still no luck regardless of what I try. :(

Just keep trying it periodically, all of a sudden it'll come loose like it was never stuck!

graydeh1

Company Rep
@NewVape710 is the sku for the V-Rod upgrade for the new size dish up yet?
Will be doing that second option when it is available.
Thanks man.

graydeh1,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just keep trying it periodically, all of a sudden it'll come loose like it was never stuck!
I've been trying everyday now for 5 days :( ... think I'll call support today and see what they can suggest ... at least it's still working, but I'll be pretty screwed if my coil dies, and on top of that I'm OCD about cleaning my stuff so this is REALLY bothering me ...

@NewVape710 is the sku for the V-Rod upgrade for the new size dish up yet?
Will be doing that second option when it is available.
Thanks man.
They posted a few pages back the details ... you are supposed to e-mail them and they will invoice you. $25 + shipping I believe, which includes the SiC dish, + an extra $30 if you want to keep your existing parts instead of sending back.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've been trying everyday now for 5 days :( ... think I'll call support today and see what they can suggest ... at least it's still working, but I'll be pretty screwed if my coil dies, and on top of that I'm OCD about cleaning my stuff so this is REALLY bothering me ...

Have you tried spit, or lube, or spit lube? :p I'm just saying, my 20mm banger gets stuck sometimes and a little drop of saliva of all things pops it right off.

Jcat is your Flowerpot actually getting dirty inside? I've never seen a drop of reclaim on my Showerhead or Vrod ever.

graydeh1

Company Rep
I got confused cuz originally had read that he was going to make a new SKU for it, now I remember they said they're going to do an invoice thanks Jcat.

And for mine being stuck I'll try the spit Lube, and mine's not dirty at all I just want to be able to take it apart. I had to put in my rev b plug from the bottom, I went in from the back!

WelshBrok

@NewVape710 After all this exciting macor stuff recently and excuse my lack of knowledge here but is SiC machineable? Surely if it’s like the 2nd/3rd best tasting dab surface (after ruby and sapphire) it would make a good airpath that wouldn’t impart any flavour difference and potentially allow even lower temps?

I have no idea if it can be machined though and I’d imagine it would be expensive but I’m thinking full SiC vrod with no need for dish changing?

Top Bottom