• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

maxymods

Guess I got no excuse not to get a VROD now that NV is making adapters...

So I will be able to use a NV coil with my High5 box @NewVape710? Just checking for clarification. Thx
@Danksta No, High5 is out. Just a D-Nail type wired one is planned up to now

High-five does sell an adapter to make ur coil box work with dnail coils though

Vaporware

Just some quick feedback on the stubby post. The base gets really hot...like hot enough I worried about burning my coffee table. would be nice if the threads matched the normal heat post? Either that or can you make a standard heat post out of TI so we dont get he VROD head locking up on it when it comes up to temp.

Keep up the great work.

Here’s the standard size Ti post: https://www.newvape.com/titanium-flowerpot-coil-post

I also share your stubby post concerns after reading about your experiences with it. You have the insulator around the bottom of the post and it still heats up the base that much?

Vaporware,

maxymods

Two adapters? I'll stick with the SH then.

No way am I buying all that just to use a vrod. Oh well
Newvape710 stated they may stock adapters in addition to just the dnail wired 20mm coils so seems you may be able to have the high five adapter into a dnail wired coil if they stock it

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
@newvape918 came in here and said the coils we see on vapefiend, the ones we need for the VROD but with a standard XLR connection, would be coming soon.. that was during the time I was causing a bit of a stink about the issue. I find it funny that he came in after I tagged him 10 plus times, never directly responded to me, said they were gonna stock the coils and what now? Nothing.. go ahead and put me down and tell me new vapes proprietary coils are the best and I choose what I buy like like last time lol. I’m just here to ask @newvape918 when the XLR coils he said were coming are gonna be here. Don’t want to get back into this issue. Hopefully this post will do the same thing the last ones did. I’m just trying to get @newvape918 in here to offer us the coils we want and that they said they can get and obviously can because they are on vapefiend... please @newvape918 just come in and tell me your waiting for the coils to come from China and stock them soon. That would be the only answer that makes any sense.

Didnt realize this was addressed already. Deleted. Catching up!

Last edited:

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
Quote "3) NewVape SIC dishes are in transit and I hope that they willbe in stock this week. There is a slight possibility that the OD may be larger than anticipated. Resulting in a new rev or slight reworked new top head portion of the vrod head. Either way we will work thru these challenges and everyone will be happy. Let's hope this is not a issue. Fingers crossed."

Hi, @NewVape710 do you mean the sic dishes you have coming in may be to large for the current v-rod? How will current V-Rod owners be able to use these, What would the process be?
I really love my V-ROD setup, hoping theres no need for me to send it in. All di best.

wildman420

The Most Interesting Monkey in the World
Here’s the standard size Ti post: https://www.newvape.com/titanium-flowerpot-coil-post

I also share your stubby post concerns after reading about your experiences with it. You have the insulator around the bottom of the post and it still heats up the base that much?

Yes sir... it has the insulator. Not sure why it heats up like that. the insulator is there but I wonder if the threads being thicker allow for more heat transfer. That and the shorter stem. Definitely got hot enough I couldnt comfortably handle it after about 5-10 minutes of pre-heating. My other one has been on for 15 hours before without the stands getting even the slightest bit warm.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Hi, @NewVape710 do you mean the sic dishes you have coming in may be to large for the current v-rod? How will current V-Rod owners be able to use these, What would the process be?
I really love my V-ROD setup, hoping theres no need for me to send it in. All di best.

Yeah, interested as well. @newvape918

My dnail dish is still in limbo after 1 week. Haven't heard anything and I tried getting in contact via IG as well.
However, today I did see someone shipped me a package randomly from somewhere. If anyone knows where dnail typically ships from that could help me out a bit.

muunch,
Reactions: graydeh1

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
At least the current VRod cap seems not to work with the SiCs of the wrong delivery so far as I've understood.

Hogni,
Reactions: graydeh1

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
At least the current VRod cap seems not to work with the SiCs of the wrong delivery so far as I've understood.

From the newvape post what I'm getting is that the top part of the V-Rod (not the carb cap) will need to be reworked or they'll do a new version of it, possibly. Personally I hope they just fit.

TheFatBastard

Well, my Flowerpot Showerhead will be here by next thursday, can't wait!

I will reserve friday night for the first FP experience, I'm reading the whole thread, but I'm still at page 24....lots of info!!!!

I will only vape flowers, but since I'm growing some plants, I plan to keep the resine I get in the scissors when manicuring the harvest....guess I can dab that resin with the FP, right?

Any first day hits and tips for my "first night" with the FP??? :love::D

Vaporware

Well, my Flowerpot Showerhead will be here by next thursday, can't wait!

I will reserve friday night for the first FP experience, I'm reading the whole thread, but I'm still at page 24....lots of info!!!!

I will only vape flowers, but since I'm growing some plants, I plan to keep the resine I get in the scissors when manicuring the harvest....guess I can dab that resin with the FP, right?

Any first day hits and tips for my "first night" with the FP??? :love::D

Yes you can dab on the Ti dish at the top if you want to. I don’t know how clean and good for dabbing that resin will be (I’m far from an expert on dabbing), so personally I’d probably just put it on top of flower in the bowl.

My main tip is if you have a low tolerance set the temp in the mid 500s and pull the head off the bowl when your glass is filled with vapor, and if you have a high tolerance try the low-mid 600s with a slow draw, or maybe high 600s-700s with a fast draw and a small load if you want full extraction in 1-2 draws.

Experiment with adjusting temps to get the flavor and extraction speed you want. The carb cap also adds restriction and gets vapor going faster if that’s an issue for you.

Oh, and be careful not to accidentally touch the hot head or the hot post it sits on, or the (less) hot rim of the bowl right after use.

Otherwise it’s pretty simple, so I’m sure you’ll do fine. Good luck!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Yes you can dab on the Ti dish at the top if you want to. I don’t know how clean and good for dabbing that resin will be (I’m far from an expert on dabbing), so personally I’d probably just put it on top of flower in the bowl.

My main tip is if you have a low tolerance set the temp in the mid 500s and pull the head off the bowl when your glass is filled with vapor, and if you have a high tolerance try the low-mid 600s with a slow draw, or maybe high 600s-700s with a fast draw and a small load if you want full extraction in 1-2 draws.

Experiment with adjusting temps to get the flavor and extraction speed you want. The carb cap also adds restriction and gets vapor going faster if that’s an issue for you.

Oh, and be careful not to accidentally touch the hot head or the hot post it sits on, or the (less) hot rim of the bowl right after use.

Otherwise it’s pretty simple, so I’m sure you’ll do fine. Good luck!

Agreed, @TheFatBastard , you'd be better off putting that scissor hash in the bowl than dabbing it, IMHO.

Whatever method you use to consume, its def worth trying a full loose filled bowl, capped, at a low temp (in the 500's), just for the hell of it. The flavour is INCREDIBLE :)

Alexis

From the newvape post what I'm getting is that the top part of the V-Rod (not the carb cap) will need to be reworked or they'll do a new version of it, possibly. Personally I hope they just fit.
That was kind of how I interpreted it. As if the dishes just wony fit the current Vrods, and if so, then the only real work around is to re-machine the Vrods(?)

In which case V-Rod owners will be hoping even more so that dnail will come through with a steady and reliable supply again. I sure hope so anyway for everybody's sake.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
It pains me to report this. The new sic dishes arrived today and they are 28.55mm dia .005" to large for the VROD top and vrod carb cap. The dishes look very nice, much better that the 25mm dishes. For current vrod customers looking to use this dish your going to need to send the top part of the vrod head, and carb cap in for a no charge modification. We will leave a machine setup to preform these modifications and send them back out the same day they arrive along with the new dish. Please keep the dish nut, lower vrod diffuser, and dabber. Beginning 7-18-18 we will be shipping all vrods with this rev-c mod. Please make your sic dish purchase and email support@newvape.com the sales order number with instructions to hold shipment until my vrod parts arrive. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
It pains me to report this. The new sic dishes arrived today and they are 28.55mm dia .005" to large for the VROD top and vrod carb cap. The dishes look very nice, much better that the 25mm dishes. For current vrod customers looking to use this dish your going to need to send the top part of the vrod head, and carb cap in for a no charge modification. We will leave a machine setup to preform these modifications and send them back out the same day they arrive along with the new dish. Please keep the dish nut, lower vrod diffuser, and dabber. Beginning 7-18-18 we will be shipping all vrods with this rev-c mod. Please make your sic dish purchase and email support@newvape.com the sales order number with instructions to hold shipment until my vrod parts arrive. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Damn, just too big!

Glad to hear about the solution though, knew you'd find some way to take care of your prior customers.

I've been using my 25mm SiC dish on my Vrod with the showercap. Ready to get the 28mm in there and using the Vrod carb cap again. Love the fit and look of the Vrod and cap!

Guess I'll be sending my Vrod on a little homecoming visit very soon!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

Double damn!

Sorry to hear about these teething troubles, hopefully thats all done for a while now!

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@NewVape710
Edwyn, just for clarification. So you want to overwork the VRod to fit them to the wrong delivered SiCs. That would mean that measures of wrong delivererd ones will be the right ones for the VRod in the future? In my understanding that could mean as consequence that the D-Nail SiC dishes won't work anymore on the VRod or just the VRod carb doesn't work anymore with them?
Wouldn't be a problem if your new SiC dishes are so good as the D-Nail ones.

Stonocrates

For current vrod customers looking to use this dish your going to need to send the top part of the vrod head, and carb cap in for a no charge modification. We will leave a machine setup to preform these modifications and send them back out the same day they arrive along with the new dish.

@NewVape710

This makes no sense to me at all... If your dish manufacturer got the size wrong, send them back and have them ship the correct items. Instead, you are asking your customers to be without their expensive medical equipment for a week or more, depending on shipping and turnaround, and you are forced to leave your machining equipment devoted to fixing an issue caused by your supplier.

If you are determined to let your supplier decide your engineering tolerences for you... You should ship your existing customers the Rev C head for free along with RMA labels so we can return the flawed heads without expense, *after* receiving the corrected head. This will prevent us from being without our, again, quite expensive medical equipment. Then you can re-machine the returned heads and sell them as refurbished.

How does this affect the fit of the existing quartz dishes? I have two of those, now they will be loose in the VRod head?

I am very perplexed, and a little alarmed, by how NewVape has decided to handle this situation.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
@NewVape710
Edwyn, just for clarification. So you want to overwork the VRod to fit them to the wrong delivered SiCs. That would mean that measures of wrong delivererd ones will be the right ones for the VRod in the future? In my understanding that could mean as consequence that the D-Nail SiC dishes won't work anymore on the VRod or just the VRod carb doesn't work anymore with them?
Wouldn't be a problem if your new SiC dishes are so good as the D-Nail ones.

Wouldn't the old DNail dishes still work? The new NV dishes are larger so they're enlarging the Vrod top slightly.

So yes, there would be a very slight gap between the DNail dish and the edge of the new Vrod top. But the seal between the Vrod top and cap would still be tight.

Would that slight gap between the DNail dish and the Vrod top cause an issue?

Roth,
Reactions: Hogni
Top Bottom