Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Your customs sound like money grabbing bastards, our customs folk are mainly after pests and shit that can hurt our eco system. I think that may be going to change soon though:cry:

LesPlenty,

TheFatBastard

Hey guys! I've been reading, but I still can't find or understand the "science" behind why vaping with an e-nail like the Flowerpot Twax is way better than with a standard vaporizer.I'm talking about using the Flowerpot with flowers, not for oils/dabbing, as I would only use the Flowerpot for flowers.

I mean, I know about the constant temperature advantages, etc, with an e-nail, but when we are vaping with a regular vaporizer like the Arizer Extreme, we use temperatures like 180c / 200c (celsius) and the Flowerpot uses way higher temperatures.

Wouldn't we be vaping at too high temperatures with the Flowerpot? I like the effect of vaping at lower temperatures to get a more THC and cerebral/active high, or vaping at higher temperatures so more CBD is extracted and get melted and relaxed.

When we vap with the Flowerpot at such high temperatures.....wouldn't that be like vaping way over the temperatures recommended for a standar vaporizer (175c/220c)???

Also people say that the taste of the Flowerpot is awesome, but when I vap over 210c/220c with the Extreme the taste is not so good.

I'm more interested in the kind of "high" that the Flowerpot can provide comparing to the Arizer Extreme Q than in the taste (that I also appreciate, of course).

Sorry if this have been discussed before, but I can't really find an explanation to my doubts, thanks in advance!

TheFatBastard,

Baron23

Hey guys! I've been reading, but I still can't find or understand the "science" behind why vaping with an e-nail like the Flowerpot Twax is way better than with a standard vaporizer.I'm talking about using the Flowerpot with flowers, not for oils/dabbing, as I would only use the Flowerpot for flowers.

I mean, I know about the constant temperature advantages, etc, with an e-nail, but when we are vaping with a regular vaporizer like the Arizer Extreme, we use temperatures like 180c / 200c (celsius) and the Flowerpot uses way higher temperatures.

Wouldn't we be vaping at too high temperatures with the Flowerpot? I like the effect of vaping at lower temperatures to get a more THC and cerebral/active high, or vaping at higher temperatures so more CBD is extracted and get melted and relaxed.

When we vap with the Flowerpot at such high temperatures.....wouldn't that be like vaping way over the temperatures recommended for a standar vaporizer (175c/220c)???

Also people say that the taste of the Flowerpot is awesome, but when I vap over 210c/220c with the Extreme the taste is not so good.

I'm more interested in the kind of "high" that the Flowerpot can provide comparing to the Arizer Extreme Q than in the taste (that I also appreciate, of course).

Sorry if this have been discussed before, but I can't really find an explanation to my doubts, thanks in advance!
So, let's establish that controller set point for an enail type vaporizer, or even set point on an electronic vape, is NOT the temp of the air going over your herb. It is ONLY the temp reported by the thermocouple on the end of the coil in the case of enail or FP type rig (or a temp sensor somewhere in the electronic vape). With some vapes the display and "over the load" temp may be very close, but who the heck can tell without a very fast reaction k-type thermo (tend to be expensive pro models) and access to the air stream at the load.

IMO, for every vape the owner needs to find the displayed temp that corresponds to the heating performance at the load that they individually want. See what I'm saying.

Now is vaping with the FP WAY better than what you can get from other vapes, IMO no. But this thread can tend to be somewhat partisan on occasion and not necessarily open to ideas like that so you may find some others that vehemently disagree. For example, I believe you can get somewhat similar performance from a VapeXhale EVO. There are other examples I can think of but no need to belabor the point.

I don't necessarily think that the FP is the very best tasting vape in the world but others differ. I have a boro glass bowl for my SH that I do think provides better taste than the Ti bowl but I don't mind the Ti bowl either. Personally, I go for effects and want them fast so I'm probably not the best to comment on taste.But it sure tastes good compared to a LOT of cheaper electronic portables and the like. Taste is pretty good depending on the temp you run (as always, yeah?)

I can't say what exactly it is that everybody who owns a FP for flower likes the best about it....but generally my impression is that we who do like the FP do so because it hits very hard....very bong like. A real Louisville Slugger of a vape.If you want hard hitting, its hard to beat a FP.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

The beauty of the flowerpot system is the electronics are "offshore" so there is no concern of any of that unwanted stuff in the air path or vapor path. The entire pathway of the flowerpot can be routinely cleaned and inspected, it's a very "clean" design.

goodpunk6

NyGwwos.jpg

alrighty! So after getting my hands on a dnail sic dish, and some plug and play use, ...wow. Just wow. Dabs are a delight! This carb cap really does get the vapor going. No need to bother with the quartz dish. The dnail sic dish is head and shoulders above the quartz dish. I still can't believe its the same vape and strain. Thanks for the recommendation guys. Money well spent

TheFatBastard

So, let's establish that controller set point for an enail type vaporizer, or even set point on an electronic vape, is NOT the temp of the air going over your herb. It is ONLY the temp reported by the thermocouple on the end of the coil in the case of enail or FP type rig (or a temp sensor somewhere in the electronic vape). With some vapes the display and "over the load" temp may be very close, but who the heck can tell without a very fast reaction k-type thermo (tend to be expensive pro models) and access to the air stream at the load.

IMO, for every vape the owner needs to find the displayed temp that corresponds to the heating performance at the load that they individually want. See what I'm saying.

Now is vaping with the FP WAY better than what you can get from other vapes, IMO no. But this thread can tend to be somewhat partisan on occasion and not necessarily open to ideas like that so you may find some others that vehemently disagree. For example, I believe you can get somewhat similar performance from a VapeXhale EVO. There are other examples I can think of but no need to belabor the point.

I don't necessarily think that the FP is the very best tasting vape in the world but others differ. I have a boro glass bowl for my SH that I do think provides better taste than the Ti bowl but I don't mind the Ti bowl either. Personally, I go for effects and want them fast so I'm probably not the best to comment on taste.But it sure tastes good compared to a LOT of cheaper electronic portables and the like. Taste is pretty good depending on the temp you run (as always, yeah?)

I can't say what exactly it is that everybody who owns a FP for flower likes the best about it....but generally my impression is that we who do like the FP do so because it hits very hard....very bong like. A real Louisville Slugger of a vape.If you want hard hitting, its hard to beat a FP.

Just my opinion.

Thanks!!!

And why does it hit harder? Because of the higher temperatures????

TheFatBastard,

wall

NyGwwos.jpg

alrighty! So after getting my hands on a dnail sic dish, and some plug and play use, ...wow. Just wow. Dabs are a delight! This carb cap really does get the vapor going. No need to bother with the quartz dish. The dnail sic dish is head and shoulders above the quartz dish. I still can't believe its the same vape and strain. Thanks for the recommendation guys. Money well spent
SIC dish is where it's at!

Baron23

And why does it hit harder? Because of the higher temperatures????

Nope, again you can get to some pretty high temps with a lot of vapes but that doesn't necessarily equate to good, dense, vapor.

Dunno...its the magic sauce! haha

Probably because its a big Ti heat sink in the heater put on to a properly dimensioned bowl on a WP with little to no draw resistance? So, it seems to extract fast (which I like) and fully (which I like also)

Its just one of those vapes that can turn .15 g into pretty much into a couple of draws. You don't have to hit it like that, but you can.

Cheers

Alexis

One of the truest beauties of the Flowerpot, and I waa thinking about this the other day, is the way it enables you to experiment and tweak precisely until you are getting the exact hit you want every single time, with almost total predictability.

Not all vaporizers are equal in this respect, and this is a big reason why I am frequently fighting unwise cravings to go downstairs and switch the SH on. Its like walking a plank. So easy to get consistent results, and so little effort and head work too, plus little time if you wish.

This fun, easy to use and wide tailorability (if that's a word?) are to me the strong selling point and attraction of the Flowerpot system and concept. It has a LOT of other stuff gpihg for it as well, and it matches the easiness with top, top desktop extraction power, excellent taste and heavenly effects.

But again, above all- certain vapes are simply much more effective than others in a medicinal sense. Not all vapor is the same substance. I feel I have to emphasize this because by upgrading to a vaporizer like this and there are other comparable models as well the greatest benefits you will receive of all is to your health due to a much more effective delivery of cannabinoids etc in a better preserved or more bioactive less damage state, prime and ready for your blood stream.

Of course I understand that @TheFatBastard is only vaping once/twice per week/2 weeks so medical needs barely come into it.
But as I told him already, I would be so depressed if I was trapped forever in a lift and the EQ was the only vaporizer I would ever use again.

Now switch it out for the Flowerpot and suddenly that lift ain't so bad after all. (Okay I might still get a bit depressed about being trapped in an elevator for the rest of time but that would certainly ease the blow.)

Last edited:

TheFatBastard

One of the truest beauties of the Flowerpot, and I waa thinking about this the other day, is the way it enables you to experiment and tweak precisely until you are getting the exact hit you want every single time, with almost total predictability.

Not all vaporizers are equal in this respect, and this is a big reason why I am frequently fighting unwise cravings to go downstairs and switch the SH on. Its like walking a plank. So easy to get consistent results, and so little effort and head work too, plus little time if you wish.

This fun, easy to use and wide tailorability (if that's a word?) are to me the strong selling point and attraction of the Flowerpot system and concept. It has a LOT of other stuff gpihg for it as well, and it matches the easiness with top, top desktop extraction power, excellent taste and heavenly effects.

But again, above all- certain vapes are simply much more effective than others in a medicinal sense. Not all vapor is the same substance. I feel I have to emphasize this because by upgrading to a vaporizer like this and there are other comparable models as well the greatest benefits you will receive of all is to your health due to a much more effective delivery of cannabinoids etc in a better preserved or more bioactive less damage state, prime and ready for your blood stream.

Of course I understand that @TheFatBastard is only vaping once/twice per week/2 weeks so medical needs barely come into it.
But as I told him already, I would be so depressed if I was trapped forever in a lift and the EQ was the only vaporizer I would ever use again.

Now switch it out for the Flowerpot and suddenly that lift ain't so bad after all. (Okay I might still get a bit depressed about being trapped in an elevator for the rest of time but that would certainly ease the blow.)

Since money is not a problem right now, I'll probably buy the Flowerpot Showerhead. My only fear is getting the SH and still don't get the kind of highs I used to ( see this other post I started: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/why-cant-i-get-the-same-high-than-i-used-to-get.29291

Anyway, @Alexis , if you are not giving enough use to the SH, I may be interested in buying, I'm based in Europe, so easy deal and no customs issues ;)

Alexis

Since money is not a problem right now, I'll probably buy the Flowerpot Showerhead. My only fear is getting the SH and still don't get the kind of highs I used to ( see this other post I started: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/why-cant-i-get-the-same-high-than-i-used-to-get.29291

Anyway, @Alexis , if you are not giving enough use to the SH, I may be interested in buying, I'm based in Europe, so easy deal and no customs issues ;)
I have followed your other thread and tried to understand your situation to help with advice and perspective. I just honestly feel that in your circumstances and especially as you say now that money is no issue, this would not be a bad move at all.

I understand your apprehensions about still not reaching that same magical experience, but you have nothing to fear and nothing to lose there is a good chance you will regain a lot of that if not even more, but whatever I think you are guaranteed to get more enjoyment from the Showerhead than the EQ any day.

It could also be the case that in order to experience that original high you had you would need to abstain for 4 to 8 weeks, and after that if you resume the same weekly usage pattern probably the same thing will happen again and it will just become more normal to you.
This will always be the trade off for using more routinely, unfortunately we can't have our cake and eat it over and over again.

I have no plans to sell my Flowerpot at the moment - I can't use it myself but I have given it to my mum to use she originally was incredibly impressed with it and she has never been impressed with any vaporizers in the past. She has currently stopped using cannabis due to a difficult time and some Health Matters nothing serious, but I am hoping that when the time is right she will make more regular use of the flower pot and I mean this from a health point of view because I can absolutely guarantee you that when you are using a device like this on a regular basis you will be getting a constance strengthening and balancing effect from the cannabis, via its actions on the endocannabinoid system and central nervous system.

When my mum did use the Showerhead she was amazed at how the arthritis in her hands vanished and the swelling went down immediately. She had never noticed such an immediate and powerful effect from edibles or other vaporizers. Just a visible sign of what I'm talking about and how effective the Showerhead makes the medicine.

So I guess what I'm saying is just look at things from different more broad angles and rather than concentrating on recreating an experience that was unique and specific to that time, let your mind and imagination flow to new pastures where anything is possible there is nothing to fear, just enjoy and be thankful.

Easier said than done and I'm a hypocrite I'm sure but all in good spirit I say this to you. I hope and think you will be surprisingly happy with the shower head good luck make sure you let us all know how things turn out. :)

Last edited:

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
As far as chasing the high you got when you were a newborn stoner that introduction period has already happened. You may experience the same kind of high you first remember once every blue moon, but for the most part you are chasing a ghost. Do not get me wrong, you can still get very high but the kind of high we are discussing is not a function of or caused by your equipment.

If you are chasing your early highs and that is what you want this is what I would do. I would reduce vaping to only one time a month. When buying weed I would only purchase a variety of the very best herb I could get. In my opinion these steps could possibly help you find something close to that elusive early high.

+1 :nod:

... as steama noted, you may never experience that 'high' again, you've already broke on through to the other side...

wildman420

The Most Interesting Monkey in the World
as with any drug interactions there are many variables at play here. In the simplest terms you have a dose / response relationship. The more THC, etc the more response (high) you are going to feel. However, there are other factors that can create different responses. You can build up a tolerance. Or different varieties that have different ratios of the active ingredients will create different responses. Sativa and chill or indica and coma. :D Finally, your environment can have an effect on your response. I can smoke at home and play Call of Duty and enjoy myself but if I smoke that same amount and am forced to be out in public then I will feel like I can barely function. That little bit of anxiety can really amplify your response.

regarding the shower head, that is definitely going to help you up your dose. :D Vaping has become my preferred means of use. I feel that I get much higher than if I smoke and I dont get as tired. If money isnt an issue, I would go ahead and pop on the flowerpot system. I can tell you that my girlfriends kids are pretty hard core smokers and when they come over, they cant hang with me on the FP system. That tells me that this system is much more effective at getting the good stuff into your brain then traditional smoking.

Hope you find what you are looking for...

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
Thanks ;)

Yes I cut a couple slits for the cables so I can close it right up even when in use.
really I just take it out to the balcony so it's easy for me just to put everything in there and carry it out. the funniest part is that I didn't even think of before hand, detailing it with stickers and such is fun, this could be a new thing.

Vaporware

@TheFatBastard A couple of things I don’t think were completely addressed by others were the temps we use and the taste at high temps.

As @Baron23 said the temps displayed on our controllers are not the actual temps of the air hitting the flower, but I think we do exceed the temps conduction vapes can reach without combusting, and some of us even go past the point where a slow draw will be enough to combust. With a fast (or ramped medium to fast) draw though, we seem to just get full and fast extraction and no combustion. On the down-side, I do worry a bit that we may release some not-so-good chemicals at those high temps...more research needs to be done.

I’m usually between 555 and the low 600s on the pid, and I think that range with a slow draw corresponds roughly to the higher temp settings on most vaporizers, but some people go up into the high 700s, or even 800+ with a fast draw without combusting. Those temps are where I have some concern about other undesirable chemicals possibly being released (based more on my own caution with these things than data), so personally I would stick to the mid 600s and below most of the time, but you’re free to experiment!

As for taste, with a conduction vaporizer (or even most hybrids) high temps will degrade the taste quickly, but convection devices such as the FlowerPot seem to generally maintain flavor until extraction is complete or lose flavor without introducing the “burnt popcorn taste”. That largely depends on temp and draw speed I think.

To your specific question, at high temps with a fast draw most seem to find the taste as good as low temps, or even better, possibly because more of the terpenes are being extracted in less time. A lot of high temp users are going for full extraction in 1 or 2 draws.

The only reports I think I’ve heard of bad flavor with the FP were from people who were really pushing it and were right at the edge of combustion or people who dislike metal bowls (and they’re usually happy with the FP and a glass bowl).

Likes2vape

@BTW I wish there would be the possibilty to use the showerhead with bags... I am not the diy guy but if I could I would do it myself... so tomsay a station where you could but the showerhead and blow bags... an air pump where you can adjust how fast air is blown trough the showerhead... this would be really great... if I imagine a volcano bag with big fat tasty showerhead vapor that would be great... I sometimes miss the possibilty to lay on the couch watch tv and take some puffs and do not have to get up and to my desk to use my showerhead...

and I also wish there would be a real portable (small) discrete vape from fp which gives you great tasty clouds exectly like the sh but in an portable form...

ok is stop dreaming now...
It’s funny you mention this as I have thought this since I first tried the Flowerpot. It would be awesome if there were a base that you put the head unit on and were able to connect a bag or a whip to.

Maybe have the unit in two halfs put the head unit on the bottom half with an outlet for attaching bags or whips at the bottom and the top half houses a small fan. I think it would be freaking awesome. Talk about the ultimate vape it would be able to do it all.

Top Bottom