Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
It seems like a such a long time ago, but I remember calibrating my coil/controller a number of times to my SH.

I may as well give it a go for the Vrod, feels like I'm dropping a lot of degrees with each dab (tho I dont bother with pre heating any more, or perma-capping, so that might account for more of a drop than I'm used too).

EDIT: Maybe a couple of calibrations worked? Or it seems liked it did with a dry run or two. But as soon as I actually went for a real dab, the temp dropped nearly 20 degrees the moment the dab went in the dish.

But holy shit, that first full inhale upon dropping the dab in, without the carb cap... the flavour is phenomenal. Then for the second lungful I drop the carb cap on and get the smack in the face, body, mind, aura, psyche, sidekick, up the bracket. Very smooth hit.

So I dont think the calibration did much of anything tbh, but not putting the carb cap on for the first inhale and lungful was a delight.

I am very high.

EDIT 2: 15 degree drop at 630f from placing the Vrod onto a lukewarm bowl. So, now I'm preheated. Next to no temp drop from placing a cold carb cap on and inhaling like normal (2 degrees). So now everything is pre heated. Dab gone in, carbed immediately, 2 degrees temp drop.

So it was my lack of carbing fucking up the results beforehand.

Calibrated I guess? :)

Last edited:

McBagginz

It seems like a such a long time ago, but I remember calibrating my coil/controller a number of times to my SH.

I may as well give it a go for the Vrod, feels like I'm dropping a lot of degrees with each dab (tho I dont bother with pre heating any more, or perma-capping, so that might account for more of a drop than I'm used too).
Might I inquire how this is done? Very interesting.

McBagginz,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
High chemical durability, low thermal expansion (the lowest of all commercial glasses), good thermal resistance, excellent chemical durability, high light transmission in combination with a pristine surface quality.

Nice one! Thats a great list of qualities and makes me happier that I bought two any way :D So I'll have some of stevens from dhgate and these ones NV sourced to try out/compare, plus the inevitably needed spares :D

You know, for :science::sherlock::hmm::shrug::smug::zzz:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
VRod users/switchable carb cap users. Do you stand proud?

vrod-carb-cap_1_of_1_.jpg

Or do you scan the horizon for targets with the old horizontal view?

hz1qk4rpz2e3d9nk.jpg

Vaporware

Sorry if this is not allowed but i did check the rules. Has anyone ever tried using dmt with the flowerpot?

The rules do say “The discussion of hard drugs is discouraged.” so assuming this is considered a “hard drug” I hope this response is enough on the subject. I just felt like it needed a response to at least address safety concerns, especially because I think someone asked this question before with no response.

A quick search didn’t give me a consensus on temps, but the highest I saw was 320f, so if you turn it down I don’t see why the FP wouldn’t work for it.

I’ve never tried it, but listening to other people’s experiences my big concern would be that it can hit you fast and you could lose your ability to safely put things down before you have time to put them down.

If you do decide to do it, research temps more and remember that the temp shown on your controller is higher than the temp in the bowl or on the dish. There’s some discussion of the amount of difference earlier in the thread.

Most importantly though, if you do it have someone else hold everything for you to avoid the risk of burns, fire or other serious injury.

...and as with any psychedelic substance, really do your research, make sure you know what you’re getting into, and take it seriously.

I’m convinced that psychedelics can help people, but also that they can lead to significant psychological harm, especially when people try to use them casually for fun.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
The rules do say “The discussion of hard drugs is discouraged.” so assuming this is considered a “hard drug” I hope this response is enough on the subject. I just felt like it needed a response to at least address safety concerns, especially because I think someone asked this question before with no response.

A quick search didn’t give me a consensus on temps, but the highest I saw was 320f, so if you turn it down I don’t see why the FP wouldn’t work for it.

I’ve never tried it, but listening to other people’s experiences my big concern would be that it can hit you fast and you could lose your ability to safely put things down before you have time to put them down.

If you do decide to do it, research temps more and remember that the temp shown on your controller is higher than the temp in the bowl or on the dish. There’s some discussion of the amount of difference earlier in the thread.

Most importantly though, if you do it have someone else hold everything for you to avoid the risk of burns, fire or other serious injury.

...and as with any psychedelic substance, really do your research, make sure you know what you’re getting into, and take it seriously.

I’m convinced that psychedelics can help people, but also that they can lead to significant psychological harm, especially when people try to use them casually for fun.

Yeah, Id want someone with me to make sure I didnt burn a huge hole in my leg :)

But most of all, remember kids...

sugar-is-a-drug.jpg

Please, for the love of the children, dont put any of the above in a flowerpot.

I am attempting humour.

MAbud

I find it so odd that things like the glass bowl come out they are discovered by customers cruising the size. There is no discussion, announcement, etc. NV even has a presence on this thread and doesn’t say anything...

Plus they are quite slow to respond to emails, but that is a different issue.

Very good products but a lot of room for improvement on the service side

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Indeed a questionable behaviour. The glass bowl as the coil were important aspects for customers at FC discussed here ever and ever again. I don't know why they didn't communicate their decisions to us. A lot of searching for alternatives and worries about our own ways would have been obsolete former.

buddingglasshead

I find it so odd that things like the glass bowl come out they are discovered by customers cruising the size. There is no discussion, announcement, etc. NV even has a presence on this thread and doesn’t say anything...

Plus they are quite slow to respond to emails, but that is a different issue.

Very good products but a lot of room for improvement on the service side

They have absolutely no obligation to post any information on a public forum. Can we stop bashing that and just appreciate that they are on the thread at all and take the feedback given in the thread? I'm not saying you are specifically bashing but I'm constantly lurking and it's been said my multiple members.

Amazon has really changed the perception of responsiveness and how fast things can get done. However, it needs to be understood that a small business isn't Amazon and can't reply to everything within the day. I work in an industry where the response time is 1-2 business days and outside of huge organizations like Amazon that is the norm. They've always been responsive in the past, but they're business continues to grow. Hopefully they can figure something out and maybe reorganize some time to emails, but they are just a small business.

Back OT though.

Have really been enjoying my SH pair with Hexnail since I resoldered one of the NV extensions I have. Did this in preparation of the VROD but also to get my 8 foot cable back. Vape anywhere! Previously I was using a 150w coil but there is no preset for that on the Hexnail. Ended up getting better performance at the same temperature using the NV coil.

MAbud

Because they choose to somewhat participate therefore they are above reproach and question? Get over yourself...

And do some research on the CPG space as a whole. This has nothing to do with Amazon. Look at consumer inquiries and response times; this is a trend that goes beyond Amazon. In fact, Amazon service is not even rated that highly anymore. I’d suggest being a bit more knowledgeable about true facts before stating your opinion as a fact...

MAbud,
Reactions: Hogni

buddingglasshead

Because they choose to somewhat participate therefore they are above reproach and question? Get over yourself...

And do some research on the CPG space as a whole. This has nothing to do with Amazon. Look at consumer inquiries and response times; this is a trend that goes beyond Amazon. In fact, Amazon service is not even rated that highly anymore. I’d suggest being a bit more knowledgeable about true facts before stating your opinion as a fact...

Please actually read what I posted in full and don't take it personally. It's coming from a perspective from an actual work environment.

They have no obligation to post in this thread. This is a user forum for user's to discuss products.

I'm not discounting what you've said regarding Amazon and when I have time I'll look into it. However, it's very true that Amazon has changed the perception for a majority here in America. I also agree their service has gone downhill and aren't what they have been portrayed as in the past.

Can we please keep it on topic now? If you want to talk about this more feel free to PM me.

buddingglasshead,

Justpassedu

Wow it says it’s a quartz bowl. I wonder if that’s a mistake? @newvape918 is it a quartz or glass bowl?

https://www.newvape.com/14mm-male-flowerpot-quartz-bowl-9305
Possibly a mistake , they are the same bowls I had linked from ebay and dhgate awhile back. I sent Edwyn one to try and he liked it enough to start stocking them.

@MAbud take a chill pill , most companies have 0 presence on the forums. If you wanna find out about a new product these days you usually got to go to the site or instagram. We are lucky to have them chime in once in awhile and take our feedback and implement it into products. I understand your frustration on the email front but they are a small operation, not to many employees and most likely only 1 person answering emails. As for the glass bowls I sent them one , they liked it out of the other glass bowls they have tried and felt the quality was good enough to offer it on the site so it can be a one stop shop for anyone interested. They are not making the bowls. Please take no offense to this response, just telling you how it is from being on this forum for a few years .

Last edited:

goodpunk6

Just got my Vrod- turned it up to 715 and it began to create little vapors on its own. I'm assuming those must me something left over from the manufacturing process.....Turned it up to 1000 and plan on leaving it like that for 15min to burn off anything else. Anyone else get this?

VRod users/switchable carb cap users. Do you stand proud?

vrod-carb-cap_1_of_1_.jpg

Or do you scan the horizon for targets with the old horizontal view?

hz1qk4rpz2e3d9nk.jpg

So the old "lollicap" works with the vrod?

Last edited by a moderator:
goodpunk6,

Justpassedu

Just got my Vrod- turned it up to 715 and it began to create little vapors on its own. I'm assuming those must me something left over from the manufacturing process.....Turned it up to 1000 and plan on leaving it like that for 15min to burn off anything else. Anyone else get this?
It has happened to 1 or 2 people. Most likely just some oils from either someone's hands or the manufacturing process. I would give it a good rinse in iso and dry and than heat it up and you should be golden.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Swab new vaporizer parts with isopropyl alcohol followed by distilled water.

Alexis

Vapecritic also had the exact same thing when he first fired up the Vrod on his live stream.

Alexis,
Top Bottom