Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
So I got my VRod head last week, an upgrade from a 20mm ShowerHead, and I'm really happy with it. In my experience, it's a marginal improvement for dry flower, and a huge leap for concentrates. So good that I'm going to start using it for concentrates (I was almost exclusively dry herb with the ShowerHead).

One thing I really miss from using bangers is being able to see the melt. Has anyone considered making clear carb caps? They might need to be made out of quartz, but being able to watch the melt and bubble would improve my dabbing experience significantly.

I asked about this a few pages back, someone replied saying they had a clear carb cap that fit. I forget who it was now tho....

TheFatBastard

I suspect it may be worthwhile keeping an eye on the second hand thread.

As for buying brand new, I'm in Europe and bought before there were any European retailers. In my sig is the same PID/coils NV use, direct from the chinese seller. Everything else I got direct from NV.

IMHO, your choice of flowerpot wont disappoint and is well worth the slight extra consideration that customs bring. Sadly, I dont know of any other European retailers.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot again!

I'm gonna buy the coil in your signature ( https://es.dhgate.com/product/240v-uk-version-electric-dab-nail-without/403371731.html ) and a showerhead set from Vapefiend ( https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/flowerpot-parts/products/showerhead-20mm-head-set-9213 )

I would add my Mobius bong ( [link removed]) and I think I'm ready to go.....

Do I need to buy anything else to complete the Flowerpot Showerhead version?

Modnote: Link to labeled counterfeit glass removed

Last edited by a moderator:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Thanks a lot again!

I'm gonna buy the coil in your signature ( https://es.dhgate.com/product/240v-uk-version-electric-dab-nail-without/403371731.html ) and a showerhead set from Vapefiend ( https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/flowerpot-parts/products/showerhead-20mm-head-set-9213 )

I would add my Mobius bong ( link removed) and I think I'm ready to go.....

Do I need to buy anything else to complete the Flowerpot Showerhead version?

Unless I've missed something, ya need a bowl! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFatBastard

Likes2vape

Likes2vape,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
True!!!! Would be this: https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections...8mm-shovelhead-bowl-3098-kit?lshst=collection

Am I ready to go? Do I need a handle or something else? I guess I'm gonna need some screens too, right?

I maybe would add this as an "extra", though I think is pretty expensive for what it is.... : https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections...-stand-debowler-2-0-3004-2-0?lshst=collection

Screens... Get the double weave Ti. Well worth it. And they last. The stand is great, but yeah, if you wanna save money in the meantime, any soldering iron stand will do, or a cup, many improvised options. Personally tho, I use the stand and I love it :)

You dont need a handle. I've only just bought one and I've been using the FP since not long after the first one was released (I think). I get mine tomorrow.

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
So I tried whole nug maybe it was a little big, I wasn't super happy with the result.

But I just waked and baked with some hand torn nug and have to say I quite like it, I did just flower, but I'm thinking sometimes my flower gets used up before my dab is done for a double decker but with hand torn nug that might not be an issue!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
So I tried whole nug maybe it was a little big, I wasn't super happy with the result.

But I just waked and baked with some hand torn nug and have to say I quite like it, I did just flower, but I'm thinking sometimes my flower gets used up before my dab is done for a double decker but with hand torn nug that might not be an issue!

My first go on the VROD was a whole nug. Way too big tho and therefore, way too close to the heater :)

wildman420

The Most Interesting Monkey in the World
Whoever asked about separating the VROD a few pages back...sorry i didnt want to go find it. Stoners are lazy...

Remember that metals expand when they heat up. If your parts are stuck then heating them up will only make them tighter. Try throwing the VROD in the freezer for a couple of hours. Another trick we use to get the barrels off of an AR15 is to take a can of compressed air and turn it upside down and spray the part. The liquid propellent will freeze the surface very quickly and should loosen things up. you may still have to use a wrench.

good luck

wildman420

The Most Interesting Monkey in the World
Regarding the VROD its all subjective. I have all three heads now and in my opinion I break it down as follows.

Dabbing - the VROD (currently limited to quartz) performs better than the Flowerpot w/ multi dish. advantage VROD especially when doing double deckers.

Dry Herbs - I like the design of the VROD better because it has a more limited intake but still has the same exhaust as the Showerhead. This little bit of restriction i think makes for a better experience and more concentrated vapor production. However, the end results between the VROD and the Showerhead are very similar. No real advantage to someone that doesnt do concentrates. But there is an advantage in that you are not giving up anything and you have the ability to use concentrates - Never say never.

Other considerations - the VROD and the VROD carb cap make for one sexy looking setup.

if your only going to buy one head i would def do the VROD just for the looks and that works very well for both DH and Conc.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
VROD dabbing with the SiC dish... I've broken my 600 barrier pledge, and I'm dabbing at 630f. A fast inhale and a quite slow turn of the carb cap seems to work wonders. When the carb cap isnt on, theres barely any vapour escaping. With the carb cap on, HUGE draws, no loss of flavour! Tremendous flavour! :)

@steama are you still a fan of the diffusion pump glass with the FP?

Last edited:

Alexis

Yes and it is great. I need to change up my glass now and then so I don't get bored with a piece.

I have totally changed my flower technique for the VROD from what I was doing with the shower head. It is saving me money because I am using much less herb.

1) My temp is 715F
2) slow draw just until the can is full
3) remove the head and clear the can​

That's it. Just a moderate more conservative approach is getting me higher using much less weed.

I no longer leave the diffusion head on the bowl and draw until I cannot draw any more vapor. As enjoyable as my old technique is, it blows through much more herb.

Quitting my draw when the can it full is much better.

:myday:
Wise adjustment Steama. Surely this is due to you now basically inhaling less vapor per draw, perhaps resulting in a lower proportion of it being inhaled and exhaled without touching the sides.

Speaking of sides, or rather- sidelines, still very interesting to me as a neutral watching more Vrod reports coming in and influencing the overall consensus regarding the different heads.

I watched Vapecritic's Vrod demo on his last live stream, starts somewhere over ("the rainbow") 1 hour in I think.
He sure found out quick that temps need to be lower with the Vrod. And it apprears that he may actually like the Vrod better than the SH for flower alone!

He says outright at least that it is in no way inferior to the SH just flowers alone, (IHO:lol:).

hoyo77

I have found that my lungs really can't handle any more vapor that the size of the glass piece's can size.

Everything else is basically wasted on huge clouds...and sadly blowing huge clouds is waste that you can actually see in the air.

:nod:
That quote from an Eddie Murphy movies comes to mind....small sips.....small sips.....lolololol

wall

VROD dabbing with the SiC dish... I've broken my 600 barrier pledge, and I'm dabbing at 630f. A fast inhale and a quite slow turn of the carb cap seems to work wonders. When the carb cap isnt on, theres barely any vapour escaping. With the carb cap on, HUGE draws, no loss of flavour! Tremendous flavour! :)

@steama are you still a fan of the diffusion pump glass with the FP?
I tried 606 F. With the same set up and though it was good it left a lot of residue in the dish so I’ll probanly turn it up

McBagginz

@emmdeemo is right where I’m at with dabbing temp on the Vrod with my 25 mm Sic dish off my Wa. The same temps with my quartz dish would leave oil pooling in the dish until it was too roasted sometimes. No so with the Sic dish. It just vaporizes the oil before it can get nasty.

I think this is similar to the effect some have meantioned about glass bowls vs Ti bowls. It seems quartz will absorb and release/transfer heat fairly quickly. Ti seems to heat and cool more slowly.

McBagginz

I just noticed on newvapes site they are offering 14 mm glass bowls now for $20. They look just like the glass bowls we have been getting from the eBay source. Which I have and quite like. I use it more than my stevelmz bowls. Perhaps only because I’ve been too lazy to find screens to fit the Steve bowl since the holes are fairly large.
I guess now I can get an easy replacement if I break mine.

Likes2vape

I just noticed on newvapes site they are offering 14 mm glass bowls now for $20. They look just like the glass bowls we have been getting from the eBay source. Which I have and quite like. I use it more than my stevelmz bowls. Perhaps only because I’ve been too lazy to find screens to fit the Steve bowl since the holes are fairly large.
I guess now I can get an easy replacement if I break mine.
Wow it says it’s a quartz bowl. I wonder if that’s a mistake? @newvape918 is it a quartz or glass bowl?

https://www.newvape.com/14mm-male-flowerpot-quartz-bowl-9305

Top Bottom