Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Doktor Dub

I've asked Frankie from Vapefiend about the dnail coil and he's gone to find out some more details

[edit] apparently they are the same coil, it came from newvape... or rather the factory that makes the controllers.

[edit] Apparently George has been told by NV that it could be up to 3 months for VROD parts too :o :(
They've only just had samples

I would love to sample samples :rofl: - sorry, couldn t resist....

sometimes the Vape world is a bit cruel to us europeans..... but we can order the d nail wired coil....

Have a great day all!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Good news:

I received my Rev B post in the mail today, sealed safely in an envelope.

Bad news:

I bent the "neck" of my coil trying to take apart my Vrod. I still can't get the damn thing apart. I've tried it cold, slightly heated, and on the cool down from a session. I've used my hands, one of those gripping pads, even channel locks. I've melted part of a packing blanket (used to protect against the channel locks) onto the Vrod because it was still too hot. I applied so much force the head of the coil is not longer straight with the handle.

I still can't get it apart :(

Anyone have any ideas? I'm going to go rip the shit outta my SH and lick my wounds. Pretty pissed with myself right now.

I think someone else said it... Pliers.

They might mark the metal but ya can get silicon tipped ones I think.

Dont use the coil itself as leverage, tho I guess you've already learned that :o :)

Did you fix it yet?

Oogendoogan

I've asked Frankie from Vapefiend about the dnail coil and he's gone to find out some more details

[edit] apparently they are the same coil, it came from newvape... or rather the factory that makes the controllers.

[edit] Apparently George has been told by NV that it could be up to 3 months for VROD parts too :o :(
They've only just had samples
Lol I’m sorry but please someone tell me how and why newvape isn’t selling us these coils now..? If you say they can’t get them that’s bullshit because vapefiend is saying here that they can order from the same factory as newvape for those shitty China enails(Not surprising) and it seems that they make the “newvape” coil with a dnail wiring.

Vapefiend ordered them because they wanna sell VRODS to they’re EXISTING customers without making them buy a new controller. Smart move on vapefiends part IMO. Now let’s ask ourselves, why hasn’t newvape mentioned this coil or even the possibility of it?? They obviously knew they’re manufacturer had them for sale... my theory is the same I’ve had since I saw them release the VROD. They want to make money from those controllers with VROD sales. So much that they aren’t willing to stock standard wired coils for people with other controllers.

In my opinion this looks bad. Like don’t come and lie to us and tell us only vape fiend can get those coils. An XLR connection is much more common and it only makes perfect sense that the same manufacturer in China makes the mini XLR coils newvape uses and standard XLR of the same type. I mean the fact that vapefiend has them and admits he got them from the same place newvape does is confirmation of this, and it’s not needed for anyone who has any idea about how manufacturing works.

@newvape918 maybe you could let us know why you haven’t ordered some standard XLR coils for the VROD..? I mean I feel a little deceived as you’ve been on this thread telling us you’ve thought about the possibility of adapters when that’s obviously not needed.. like these coils are the obvious solution and I guess a $40-$50 coil doesn’t make you nearly as much money as the whole enail set up which I’m guessing you buy in bulk and pay less than $40 a unit for..

kinda messed up practices for an American company that manufactures they’re own stuff. But that’s also a great reason to have to make the money from the PIDS.. it’s expensive to make stuff in the U.S. like newvape does. I just think it’s a lame move not to stock those coils or even bring up they’re existence. To me it seems like it was in your favor to make us believe these coils were only available for “newvape” PIDS aka the cheapest ones they can get from China. Maybe just stock the coil and call it a day @newvape918 please don’t lie and say something like the coil never existed before. That doesn’t make sense I bet they made it with an XLR connection first...

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Proprietary is a smart business move even if the customers don't think so. I can't tell you how many times I've contemplated buying a NV controller and coil with the proprietary plugs but honestly, I cant bring myself to do it. I'm an XLR guy like the vast majority of enail users.

Oogendoogan

Proprietary is a smart business move even if the customers don't think so. I can't tell you how many times I've contemplated buying a NV controller and coil with the proprietary plugs but honestly, I cant bring myself to do it. I'm an XLR guy like the vast majority of enail users.
Proprietary coils are good for Newvape. Not so much for me.. and I agree with you. XLR guy here myself. Have 4 other devices that run from a standard XLR coil. No reason for me to switch to a mini XLR with no benefits. I would mod a coil for the VROD if I wanted one. Obviously that’s not needed tho. Newvape could just order the same coils vapefiend did :shrug:

Oogendoogan

Coils are available if you want them, and they're easy enough to make. I'm voting with my wallet, if they wanna offer a coil to me that I can use then I'll pay them. This is how business works.
Right on. Totally agree. Only reason I said I felt a bit deceived is because of new vapes participation with members here about making adapters and other solutions when they never brought up the fact that they could just order the coil with an XLR connection lol. I mean I don’t care tbh. I am not planning on a Vrod in any situation. But I agree with everything you say.. just don’t agree with @newvape918 posting here and getting involved in talks about modding coils and adapters when I’m pretty sure everyone at newvape knew what they were doing. Just my opinion :2c:

Edit: @invertedisdead this may be true.. but I highly doubt it as on vapefiends site it has a newvape label on the cord. I mean shit you could be right I just highly doubt that it’s a different coil. Most likely the same one because that makes the most sense.. like I’m just thiking from the point of view of the manufacturer and why wouldn’t they make the coil with every connection they can..? Its not like these coils come from a small operation.. they’re from a huge manufacturer in china.

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
Newvape offers products for sale, you can buy them of not. I like newvape, they are giving me great service and product.

@Oogendoogan we get the point, thats how you feel. I dont feel that way at all. Dont see the need for attacking Newvape. Buy or dont buy you know what they offer and what other businesses offer.

graydeh1,

Oogendoogan

Newvape offers products for sale, you can buy them of not. I like newvape, they are giving me great service and product.

@Oogendoogan we get the point, thats how you feel. I dont feel that way at all. Dont see the need for attacking Newvape. Buy or dont buy you know what they offer and what other businesses offer.
I’m not attacking anyone this is a public forum and I’m expressing my opinion. I’ve gotten good service from newvape as well.. never said I didn’t. I recommend this vape and company to everyone I know daily lol. I just feel like it was a bit lame and deceitful to come on this forum and contribute to conversations about modding coils or adapters when obviously they had a solution available the whole time. I get what your saying about me choosing what I buy. I haven’t and won’t buy a “newvape” PID. I don’t have much of an issue with them selling they’re own relabeled China PIDS. The issue I have is acting like they’re superior when they aren’t. But not even that just the fact that someone from the company came here and talked about adapters and shit when they were directly asked about a coil they can obviously offer. Newvape is amazing. Best titanium vaping products money can buy IMO. Just don’t like they’re shitty enails they chose to use. But that’s fine.. what I really don’t like is them coming here and acting like they’re mini xlr coil is the only choice and there’s nothing they can do for people who don’t wanna buy they’re PID. Kinda lame if you ask me. I don’t want a VROD anyways. For me the dark circle killed that idea a long time ago lol.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Right on. Totally agree. Only reason I said I felt a bit deceived is because of new vapes participation with members here about making adapters and other solutions when they never brought up the fact that they could just order the coil with an XLR connection lol. I mean I don’t care tbh. I am not planning on a Vrod in any situation. But I agree with everything you say.. just don’t agree with @newvape918 posting here and getting involved in talks about modding coils and adapters when I’m pretty sure everyone at newvape knew what they were doing. Just my opinion :2c:

Edit: @invertedisdead this may be true.. but I highly doubt it as on vapefiends site it has a newvape label on the cord. I mean shit you could be right I just highly doubt that it’s a different coil. Most likely the same one because that makes the most sense.. like I’m just thiking from the point of view of the manufacturer and why wouldn’t they make the coil with every connection they can..? Its not like these coils come from a small operation.. they’re from a huge manufacturer in china.

Would you mind awfully if we moved on, darling? This subject has been covered multiple times in this thread already...

Oogendoogan

Would you mind awfully if we moved on, darling? This subject has been covered multiple times in this thread already...
More than happy to friend. Don’t know where this exact topic has been covered as we just saw the xlr newvape coils on vapefiends site.. but I understand that beating a dead horse doesnt do anyone any good.

I’ve been done lol. Just keep replying to the same message it feels like.. everyone says “you choose what you buy” like I didn’t know that when I woke up this morning? Lol beats me I guess because I’m still stoned from a reclaim edible last night.

Anyone else here use a drop down to collect reclaim with the FP? I can get a gram or so in about 2 weeks of vaping and that shit is strong. .3 will get me to a steady high, almost too high for like 12-14 hours. Pretty awesome to get every last drop out of your material. Reclaim feels like recycling for cannabis lol.

Last edited:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
#CoilGate #CoilGeddon regardless, the coil discussions are beginning to wear on me, not sure about the rest of you. NewVape is a small shop and I can understand their position on coils and adapters. It is NewVape’s prerogative as to what they want to sell and or support, heck they could close up shop tomorrow and say they’re done with all this vape BS for it’s obvious it was not their core business.

I for one am happy with NewVape and what they are doing. For me this coil discussion is not worth pursuing as I would rather NewVape focus on products and services they do want to support. The coil is so integral to the ShowerHead and even more so the new VRod and VRod Rev B, that it’s unwieldy to create a separate coil thread, not to mention a NewVape grinder thread. I’m not even sure this thread may be regulated in anyway for the FlowerPot has multiple coil, PID, grinder, bowl, glass and tons of head options. I really like all the head options :D, too bad the misses does not follow this thread. It’s no wonder this thread is so difficult to keep up with. The fact there have not been more flame wars in this thread speaks to the quality of the people that FC is made up by, a point I am for one most thankful for.. well that and the fact that I own a FlowerPot! :rockon: Cheers to you all :tup:

Oogendoogan

#CoilGate #CoilGeddon regardless, the coil discussions are beginning to wear on me, not sure about the rest of you. NewVape is a small shop and I can understand their position on coils and adapters. It is NewVape’s prerogative as to what they want to sell and or support, heck they could close up shop tomorrow and say they’re done with all this vape BS for it’s obvious it was not their core business.

I for one am happy with NewVape and what they are doing. For me this coil discussion is not worth pursuing as I would rather NewVape focus on products and services they do want to support. The coil is so integral to the ShowerHead and even more so the new VRod and VRod Rev B, that it’s unwieldy to create a separate coil thread, not to mention a NewVape grinder thread. I’m not even sure this thread may be regulated in anyway for the FlowerPot has multiple coil, PID, grinder, bowl, glass and tons of head options. I really like all the head options :D, too bad the misses does not follow this thread. It’s no wonder this thread is so difficult to keep up with. The fact there have not been more flame wars in this thread speaks to the quality of the people that FC is made up by, a point I am for one most thankful for.. well that and the fact that I own a FlowerPot! :rockon: Cheers to you all :tup:
Thanks dude. I appreciate the positivity but are we really just gonna give @newvape918 a pass for sitting on this forum and doing exactly what your saying we should all stop? @newvape918 participated in many conversations about coils and adapters and even a member here talking about modding coils. That’s the only thing I brought up as having an issue with. And the only reason I have an issue with it is because everything that was said about the coils was obviously bullshit. I’m stupid for not calling it out earlier. Like they get these coils and PIDs from China. It doesn’t matter how small they are, they’re ordering wholesale from a huge manufacturer. They could obviously chose to buy XLR Versions of the coil like vapefiend did... that’s my issue. Not that they don’t offer them. That they came here and basically lied to try to get people like me to buy one of they’re shitty relabeled PIDs...

Now I’m off this subject if everyone else can get off it too. Stop trying to convince me that newvape is correct here. I’m not going to agree and that’s ok. We all have different opinions and as most of you have said I choose what I buy (thank god lol) and I have 2 auber controllers with extra coils and 2 25mm coils one from hexnail one from disorderly conduction. And I have a glass symphony and Supreme V3 modded plates coming soon that all work off those controllers :)

I don’t want a VROD or any dish style enail so I’m a very happy camper. I probably won’t ever need another product for my SH again seeing as i have about 5 double weave screens from Errlectric and I’m still on my first one. My 2 extra coils should make it so I can keep my SH on every day for at least the next 10 years. Probably more ;)

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
#CoilGate #CoilGeddon regardless, the coil discussions are beginning to wear on me, not sure about the rest of you.

Nope... not wearing on me. I am watching this coil discussion unfold with great interest! :)

NewVape is a small shop and I can understand their position on coils and adapters. It is NewVape’s prerogative as to what they want to sell and or support

NewVape has their perogative to release what they want for sale to us.
We have the perogative to discuss the relative value and utility of their products.
It is your perogative to not participate, if the discussion "wears on you".

In my world, proprietary is usually a bad thing. If a manufacturer locks me into a buying cycle where only their parts fit their products, I tend to start looking elsewhere for something else in the industry that is more universal and interchangeable. Proprietary parts might be great for a startup "mom and pop shop" trying to sell more product, but in the long term this business model offers very little real benefit for us as customers. In fact, it limits our options and we end up with something that is LESS flexible, customizeable, and upgradeable... the very things which have been very essence of the FlowerPot design from day one! :(

NewVape should be going in the opposite direction than this proprietary sole-sourced model, in my opinion... and it is not an opinion that I am likely to change soon. That's just how I view it, and why I personally am NOT alright with the direction NewVape has chosen with the V-Rod. Many buyers will be thrilled with it as a vaporizer, but I personally will not be buying.

Oogendoogan

Once again I was responding to someone else my friend. Any reason your not quoting they’re posts? :shrug:

Anyways I have done this a few times now but I’ll try again...:lol:

How’s everyone enjoying they’re FP today. What head are you using and what are you medicating with? I’m using my Showehead (of course) and I’m vaping the last of the elmers glue that’s in my grinder. Dabbing on blue dream today.

I’ve been vaping some outdoor through the FP and it’s crazy switching over to this glue. Only need to barely cover the screen and the hit is so large I can barely take it in one breath. Gotta love a vape that hits harder than smoking a bong ever could :D:science:

And thank you @Chicken #420 i might to baked to clearly say and get my point across the way you did with that post. I thought this forum was for the customers of the flowerpot, for us to talk about what’s best for us.. I didn’t realize this was just a sales forum for newvape that I was messing up :rolleyes:

Oogendoogan

I'm confused...

My 20mm coil I use for my SH will work with the VROD no?
Only if it’s a “newvape” not gonna say the c word. But you know what I mean :lol:

Edit: mouth shut about coils, just please stop sticking up for @newvape918 he really did not have to participate the way he did in the conversations about modding them or the posibility of adapters.. that was just deceitful on they’re part.. keep tagging em cuz I hope for a response. Now I’m done :tup:

Oogendoogan

If it spirals the right way and is the right amount of loops on the coil itself, absolutely it will. So long as its the right size and shape coil, which they describe on the newvape site.
And where have we found these other than from newvape themselves or from EZ bake for $99...? Please link if you have one. I think a lot of people would love the option to use they’re own controller. Honestly that’s what attracted me most to the flowepot. It was a completely interchangeable system. Guess now that only applies to the WA and SH. Until we find a reliable source for XLR c***s. Maybe I’ll try to find out who newvape orders through in China and see what they say about a single c**l Probably won’t do less than like 100...

Edit: sorry for being “off topic” didn’t realize that talking about one of the 3 main components you need to use a vape was considered off topic on that vapes thread. It seems like FC is changing from when I joined here unfortunately...

Last edited:
Oogendoogan,

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
Alot of manufacturers come to this forum with good intentions and then leave because of this type of thing (user comments saying they are deceitful etc.) must be very annoying to them to hear all that.

It's their choice how they run a business buy it or dont!

Top Bottom