Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
@Zangano Cruel is that coconut oil abv? Poor rubber chicken..
You’re right KidFated, that’s coconut oil ABV.
I usually buy a big coconut oil container, and start on a smaller empty recycled jar, my mix ABV stash, way easier than trying to mix it afterwards... besides it’s cool to watch patterns between liquefaction and solidification, the whole never ending cycle...
Here you can see solidification starting from both the bottom and top surfaces, where ABVs rests...
uADgIlw.jpg

Mostly, coconut oil in a jar stays solid at room temperature (ymmv) so, when dumping ABV in the jar, just sits on the top, inch of water in stove pan low heat, will make liquefaction process faster, oil turns green :)
NhbGNmS.jpg

Stay vaped...

Last edited:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
What is going on is that the top opening is approximately 1/4" and about 1/2" above the top of the VROD's shower head. If you draw fast enough it is pulling a 1/4" column of cool air directly into the bowl's center because the VROD does not have enough time for the air to reach temp. This creates a ring of darker herb at the edges in the bowl where the hot air wasn't being pulled rapidly down the center. I noticed this and also posted an image earlier in this thread.

Not to be decisive and not directed at any one VRod user, but this is exactly why baffles would be helpful in the air path. I don't know how, but I've managed to fight off the VAS on the VRod. Many FCers here who have purchased it say the technique required is not a big deal. If that's the case why are posts about this dragging on? Just saying. Or, would you owners of VRods contend it's machining differences from one VRod and bowl set to another and draw speed that are the sole cause of the unevenly vaped herbs?

Is there room in the top of the VRod for a removable titanium piece which could act to disturb the column of air coming down the 1/4" hole? Respect! -YaMon

Likes2vape

@Roth is your coil fitting properly in the head? It sure sounds strange that you need to use higher temps. Maybe because the dish for the vrod is bigger. I was going to say to make sure the dish is seated all the way down but it sounds like you got that covered.

@psychonaut avout 3/4 of the way full

@Stu as @steama said a column of cold air being pulled down the middle. I find I have to lower the temps and adjust my draw speed just a little bit to get fairly even vaping.

Btw I do not get any browning of the edges and get a perfectly even roast when I use the glass bowl from Stevenlmz. I think with the ti bowls you get some conduction going on with heat transfer from the bowl.

Not to be decisive and not directed at any one VRod user, but this is exactly why baffles would be helpful in the air path. I don't know how, but I've managed to fight off the VAS on the VRod. Many FCers here who have purchased it say the technique required is not a big deal. If that's the case why are posts about this dragging on? Just saying. Or, would you owners of VRods contend it's machining differences from one VRod and bowl set to another and draw speed that are the sole cause of the unevenly vaped herbs?

Is there room in the top of the VRod for a removable titanium piece which could act to disturb the column of air coming down the 1/4" hole? Respect! -YaMon

The posts are dragging on because it is a new head and new users are discovering it. I don’t use the vrod at 700 it is to hot and just did that last night to show how brown the edges can get.

Like I said in a previous post my first couple of trys I didn’t like the vrod until I turned the temps down and adjusted my draw speed.

It works perfect just slightly different from the showerhead or wraparound. Do not get the vrod and think you can use it exactly like any of the other heads. I find I have to run lower temps with it but it still it extracts like a mofo.

Last edited by a moderator:

waxdab23

@Roth is your coil fitting properly in the head? It sure sounds strange that you need to use higher temps. Maybe because the dish for the vrod is bigger. I was going to say to make sure the dish is seated all the way down but it sounds like you got that covered.

@psychonaut avout 3/4 of the way full

@Stu as @steama said a column of cold air being pulled down the middle. I find I have to lower the temps and adjust my draw speed just a little bit to get fairly even vaping.

Btw I do not get any browning of the edges and get a perfectly even roast when I use the glass bowl from Stevenlmz. I think with the ti bowls you get some conduction going on with heat transfer from the bowl.

Definitely some conduction going on. If I leave the head on the ti bowl for a minute or so, the herb starts cooking without me drawing.

Haven't tried the glass bowls yet but I do have a couple on the way from Steven.

juxt

I assume this is a joke
Not a joke, I do understand that, just as I understand that BHO and ethyl and CO2 are distillates ;) that's just kinda how they're marketed here, hrm that's probably a bad description they don't use marketing strategy really, they're various levels of shady... the distillate called distillate that I can get is lab tested stuff from other places that used captured terps from the original plants. BHO and CO2 are imported also (mostly) and can vary wildly, but aren't usually processed after distillation before they reach me.

Apologies sometimes I take shortcuts in my chain of thinking that leads others to believe I'm you know foolish or something. I promise I'll try to get to the same end point, even if we take different paths...or we could meet in the middle somewhere ;)

juxt,

Zangano Cruel

Sorry for the long post, I’m shooting a video and uploading it, takes time...

Like other VROD users here, imo
-temperatures from mid 600s and lower works better...

-less is more imo, microdosing have worked better for me, 1/4 to 1/2 cooking measurement teaspoon, I currently don’t own a scale, sorry

-if you don’t like capping, imo you really need to do a slow draw to avoid a browner/darker circle, be warned and careful that imo you can probably reach combustion if you go too slow? , and take your time?, and let sit the VRod head on the bowl for around or more than a minute?? Never happened to me yet, but imo it can anytime...

-but, if you’re not capping while doing flowers imo you don’t know what you’re missing...
-low temp flower capping is excellent on the VRod imo, start from high 500s, and gradually go up till you reach your sweet spot... ymmv imo from 626-656 (666 for cold days)

-don’t forget spinning while vcapping

-don’t forget adjusting draw speed to reach better results, IMO a la EVO speed, or before the whistle or extra speed that overcomes the whistle jajajaja

-vcapping reminds me of the unique Versa Infinity and its own “boost” mode, consisting of capping the air intake on your convection vape, imo very similar effects and ABVs and flavor between their signatures these 2 vapes...

-never combusted while VRodding or Twaxing, but imo I’m not saying it’s not going to happen to me... I like full extraction in one hit nowadays, I used to have 2 EVOs plugged at the same time next to each other, one at 12 and the other at 2:15, starting an ELB on lower temp and then blasting it at 2:15...but at the end I settled for just one, compromising flavor with effect...

-same here with VRod, but I can apply more factors to the extraction, to affect flavor and effects... like draw speed, spinning & gradually lifting and dropping/capping again, basically playing around with it :tup:

-vcapping depending on many factors can produce a much faster microdose snap with way less noticeable difference between center and outside ring on the load...

-don’t forget to spread the load evenly through the screen bowl for better extraction ...

-for flower I use the 18mm Panhead bowl in a Bent neck Waffle Preston Hanna Bubbler...

-for dabbing I use the 14mm Shovelhead bowl in a local blown bubbler...

-btw I’m using the double weaved Ti screens sold from NV, they fit like a charm after tinkering them to fit, no need to cut imo...

-I’m using a klaysen adapter, a silicone wine stopper rubber chicken, and an old school Stoned bent neck waffle bubbler by Preston Hanna, pretty cool how it stacks bubbles...

-btw, I’m using the provided NV standard quartz dish, still not broke the D-Nail SiC dish...

-I’m using the VRod Starter Kit by NV, worthy every $ imo, if you don’t own a desktop, and want to do flowers, and dabs too, go for it...

-I’m at PNW, US, 110V, city grid, kitchen plug, with integrated breaker circuit???

-microdose snap bubb hits with the VRod are nuts; eyes watering nose itching type...

-fine grind, mid, coarse, nug, wax, shatter, dirt, rum, coconut oil, carpet, skin, wine & beer splashs, mine and friend’s coughing fits and suppressed cough/spits, any cable or power cord, your VROD will go through it, guaranteed result TM jajajaja @newvape918

Video is coming...
Stay vaped...

Just broke off the box SiC dish...

PxTAxA3.jpg

Half 1/4 teaspoon of Durban Poison finely grinded (1 teaspoon =1.25ml)... microdose...
Tiny dab of Blackberry Kush wax, not in video...

I5mqCQX.jpg

636 for full effects and full extraction...
CB2iEk5.jpg

Here’s that Durban Poison ABV well done...
eKMRbZn.jpg

And here’s the video...

Stay vaped...

Last edited:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains

jpCFZzI.jpg

Is that small gap between the top and bottom pieces normal?

When I assemble the VRod without the coil, the gap is not there. It turns another 1/4 of a turn.

With a cool VRod, if you plug the air intake, are you still able to draw air? I'm still able to draw air even with the intake blocked.

I'm wondering if I'm just not making a good seal for some reason. I have 2 coils from NV, and they both fit like that.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
If you draw fast enough it is pulling a 1/4" column of cool air directly into the bowl's center because the VROD does not have enough time for the air to reach temp.
That makes sense. In fact I came to this exact realization last night as my head hit the pillow. I should've thought about it for a second before posting. :doh:

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: steama

Baron23

I just want to point out that Distillate doesn't have any flavor retained during the distillation process.

It does if you do fractional distillation and put the terps and flavonoids back into the cannibinoids at the end of the process.

I guess I'm just a boring old guy who vapes at home. I have not had any interest in upgrading my SH to a VROD. I don't dab with my FP in preference to some enails I have and I have found the SH, with the OG handled bowl, to be perfect for me.

Yes, this is the bowl that had sticking problems but one more time, I don't care because the drop down makes a nice cool handle for emptying the bowl. Reason I like this bowl is its 2.5mm more shallow to the screen than some other models and for me, as a mostly solo vaporist, that's works.

Last edited:

waxdab23

jpCFZzI.jpg

When I assemble the VRod without the coil, the gap is not there. It turns another 1/4 of a turn.

With a cool VRod, if you plug the air intake, are you still able to draw air? I'm still able to draw air even with the intake blocked.

I'm wondering if I'm just not making a good seal for some reason. I have 2 coils from NV, and they both fit like that.

I think your retaining nut on the quartz dish is upside down.

Zangano Cruel

jpCFZzI.jpg

I believe you’re right, mine goes lower...

I believe the coil is upside down???

Mine is bulging my way, makes sense??

Just cleaned the SiC dish... and broke it first time...
Went to lower temps, 595, so tasty...

PxTAxA3.jpg

Stay vaped...

Last edited:

Ville23

jpCFZzI.jpg

Mine is the same with that small gap.
I tried to get it tighter like it is in the demo video but I think that's about as tight as they get?

I've been trying to get my Vrod dialed in a bit too.
After using the SH for the past month, I still gotta say I slightly prefer the SH to the Vrod for flower.
It seems my Vrod needs a little higher temp (and slower draw speed as many have mentioned) to get similar results with flower. Don't get me wrong the Vrod is great and if I hadn't tried the SH first I would have no idea that there's any differences.

While I've been loving my Vrod, I'm actually considering not selling my SH set up just yet.
I've got it listed locally but now I might just keep both...IDK.

Can you guys give me some good SiC dish temps?
It seems no matter what temps I try, I always get some pooling and a bit left over.
I have been spinning the carb cap a bit and that sees to help.
Just curious why I always have some left over in the dish?
Seems like such a waste to just Q-tip it up.

Overall I've been liking my new Vrod but if you're just using mostly flower, then the SH is damn fine too!

waxdab23

I don't think the gap should be that big. Also look at the nut that's holding in the dish.

xb46fgt.jpg

Damn lol, can't remember how to post images.

Modnote: Edited to display image

Last edited by a moderator:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It does if you do fractional distillation and put the terps and flavonoids back into the cannibinoids at the end of the process.

Terpenes are degraded during fractional distillation, you would preferably want to extract the terpenes before distillation if you plan to reintroduce them. And most of the crude used for distillate doesn't have much terpenes anyways, otherwise it would be more valuable to sell as a single pass extraction and avoid the extra refinement costs/ toll processing fees.

I tend to agree with Extractioneering's view on this subject who states, "naming something Strain Name Terpenes suggests that this product contains the complete terpene profile of the identified strain - there is currently no technology which can isolate a complete terpene profile from cannabis."

Last edited:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains

I won't be home for a day or two, but I will check that out, certainly a possibility. Thanks!

I believe you’re right, mine goes lower...

I believe the coil is upside down???

Mine is bulging my way, makes sense??

Just cleaned the SiC dish... and broke it first time...
Went to lower temps, 595, so tasty...

PxTAxA3.jpg

Stay vaped...

I'm not at home to confirm, but I'm 99.9% sure the coil is installed correctly. But I'll definitely confirm it when I get back home.

If you get a chance, could you do an experiment for me? With a cool VRod, block the air intake hole and see if you can still draw.

I'm still able to draw air through with the intake blocked. I wonder if I'm not getting a good seal. But not sure why that would be affecting my dab temp needing to be so high.

Thanks everyone.

ZeroChances

Can I get your top 3 bong suggestions for the flowerpot. 90% flower 10% twax.
Looking for a bong that just melts my face and sends me to the moon. So I want the bets bong available for the flowerpot or at least a top 3 in your opinion.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Looking for a bong that just melts my face and sends me to the moon. So I want the bets bong available for the flowerpot or at least a top 3 in your opinion.

I'd suggest the FC-188, it has pretty high diffusion which will keep your flower smoother, and fairly comfortable to use.

Here's the same rig available through NV

18mm Female Rig - Large Base (9110)
https://www.newvape.com/18mm-female-rig-large-base

Baron23

Terpenes are degraded during fractional distillation, you would preferably want to extract the terpenes before distillation if you plan to reintroduce them. And most of the crude used for distillate doesn't have much terpenes anyways, otherwise it would be more valuable to sell as a single pass extraction and avoid the extra refinement costs/ toll processing fees.

This is just what the lead chemist for one of our new legal MMJ processors. They only do fractional distillation for the contents of the carts they make (and syringes) but do NOT for dabbable type 'trates.

They claimed that they captured the terps/etc and reintroduced them but I can't verify this or be specific in any way so they might be BS. But they also make some wonderful sugared live resin and this (not necessarily sugared) is the source material for their fractional distillate.

TBH, I rather like the CO2 carts another processor is selling a bit more. Taste better and seems more well rounded than the distillate carts.

But you are right...in almost all cases all we really know is the thin surface of their marketing and at least I don't have any depth of knowledge beyond that.

Cheers

Baron23

I'm not trying to contradict @psychonaut , after all, we all have our preferences in glass.

But I found that the dewar type water pieces (with the stem going down the middle of the can like the FC-188) to sometimes be too deep for the adjustable bowls (pan and shovel head) and its even too deep for my OG bowl (have a stevenlmz79 FC-188 which is 14 mm, the 187 is 18 mm).

I prefer, myself, a stemless can something like this PG5019:

https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/fc-glass-jet-perc-heavy-glass-bong-bubbler/386749289.html

Anybody have any idea what stevenlmz79 means when he's labeling some of his glass as being "SAML Glass"?? Is that just another manf that he is rep'ing?

Oogendoogan

I guess I'm just a boring old guy who vapes at home. I have not had any interest in upgrading my SH to a VROD. I don't dab with my FP in preference to some enails I have and I have found the SH, with the OG handled bowl, to be perfect for me.

Yes, this is the bowl that had sticking problems but one more time, I don't care because the drop down makes a nice cool handle for emptying the bowl. Reason I like this bowl is its 2.5mm more shallow to the screen than some other models and for me, as a mostly solo vaporist, that's works.
I’m in the same boat as you. Happy with my SH and OG bowl. Won’t be upgrading to the Vrod because I’m happy with other dabbing solutions. I actually tried an adjustabowl and didn’t like it as much. I just use the 14mm OG bowl with a 14-18mm reducer in an 18mm piece so the reducer gets stuck to the bowl and it always comes right out cuz it’s glass on glass. I get the best results this way and it’s effortless. The VROD looks awesome but not needed for me. It would actually be a step in the wrong direction for me personally. Super happy to see the VROD is living up to the hype for those who love to TWAX :)

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
570f dabbing on the SH is proving to be a much more pleasurable experience, both in increased flavour and way less lung irritation. No more asthma attack with every dab. Asthma meds usage has plummeted to zero today, usage has gone up :)

Clean up has gotten easier too. Whereas beforehand I'd use 3 or 4 cotton buds, and then still have crud that needed dealing with once a day or more, I'm now using one cotton bud per dab, no matter the size of dab (within reason, so far ).

I've also just found that my 6 hole carb cap is more useful than I first thought when it comes to dabs, which is nice.

Can't believe I've had this thing (SH) so long and I'm still finding areas to be able to fine tune my usage.

Just in time to have to start all over again with the VROD... :lol:

Likes2vape

HOLY FUCK! It worked! No more ring around the bowl...just get rid of the center hole. So much better.

(thank you small highly educated dabber/VROD hole clogger)

Much better but if you draw hard enough the ring shows up.

Others need to test my bullshit...this is stoner science.

:myday:

EDIT:
A person could use a tack or small nail so the head of the tack covered more center holes and see if that makes even a bigger difference?
Tested and it works great!!! Stoner science is awesome!! I just used my 7th floor stir stick and stuck it in the middle hole. I hit it super hard and barely got a ring.

GoombaTroop

Just wondering what the cheapest price for a flower only setup would cost if I get the enail from DHgate and stuff like that? I already have 14mm and 18mm glass. I also live in Canada.

GoombaTroop,
Reactions: steama

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Just wondering what the cheapest price for a flower only setup would cost if I get the enail from DHgate and stuff like that? I already have 14mm and 18mm glass. I also live in Canada.

NewVape 20mm Showerhead Set (9213) - $100
https://www.newvape.com/showerhead-combo-20mm-2

It is compatible with most 20mm heaters. You will need a stand for the heater, they can be made DIY on the cheap or purchased from NV.

habitat-fc

@Baron23 and @psychonaut have recommended good options.

I always seem to reach for my seed of life CCG glass for the flowerpot, but I also sometimes use the FC 187.

This is the CCG glass I use:

https://www.dhgate.com/product/ccg-new-2017-glass-water-pipes-glass-bongs/407153389.html

I've never had a problem using the adjustabowls with these two, but I only use the glass bowl from stevenlmz79 these days as I find it performs as well as the metal bowls but with better taste.

This is the glass bowl I use:

https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/11cm-height-blue-honeycomb-percolator-glass/202166626.html

Top Bottom