Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

btka

@ataxian it is always a pleasure seeing you on fc....
really liked your posts in the e-nano thread...
I am really happy with my fp... would definitely recommend it...
it is like a e-nano on steroids and has less air restriction...
I use 0.03 to 0.1g per bowl in one hit at 770f uncapped (I like big clouds) ... I use for this microdosing purposes an eq arizer basket screen which fits in my bowl (FlowerPot 14mm Male Body with Handle (3038) )...

NO.
The FP is a medical device for sure, but does require an investment.
And... does require consideration of the disability presented.
If spastic jerking and/or seizure activity is common, then FP use should be accopmanied by a second party to help with administration.
I suffer moderate to sever spasticity, but I have better days than others, and can use the FP easily without aid.

nothing more to say...

Last edited:

ParanoidAndroid998

Picked up this piece for my VapCap, but I'm loving the hits I'm getting through it with the FP! Super tasty!

fSWp8Kw.jpg

https://www.dhgate.com/product/cheap-big-tyre-perc-glass-bong-water-pipe/389071288.html

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Been trying out dabs in the WA using stevenlmz glass bowl in the rattlecan. I'm having a tough time picking up major difference in flavor, but it does seem the glass bowl provides just a lil louder flavor? Maybe my senses are playing tricks on me, but it's nothing huge. I need to get a 18mm drop down so I can see what I'm doing before I start using it frequently. The WA head doesn't rest perfectly level on the glass bowl, doesn't seem to harm function, I can tilt the WT to compensate.

biohacker

What's the consensus on Steven's bowls? Is everyone generally happy with them? Is he still making them? I have a feeling i'm going to be dropping some serious coin at NV soon... just way too many new goodies like that battery, cage, and 100w coils that make so many possibilities with things!

Interesting that the Vrod is cheaper than the SH!

Vitolo

Vaporist
What's the consensus on Steven's bowls? Is everyone generally happy with them? Is he still making them? I have a feeling i'm going to be dropping some serious coin at NV soon... just way too many new goodies like that battery, cage, and 100w coils that make so many possibilities with things!

Both are good.
I have both but find the SH combo more effective.

Sshasta

I'm having some trouble with my shower head set and I was wondering what you thought about it...

I was so stoked to get this in the mail! It assembled in about a minute and I was about to try it out. I started the coil and went to set it on the stand piece and it straight up did not fit. It didn't slip on to either the bowl or the stand post at all. Bummer!

I watched a ton of videos and it looks like the coil nut should easily slip over both pieces hot or cold, I think maybe the tolerances on mine are slightly off? Anyway I sent a message to newvape to get it sorted yesterday and am hoping to hear back soon.

Am I crazy? Looks like thekayo had the same problem on page 408, did you get it sorted?

Thanks!

Grifo

I'm having some trouble with my shower head set and I was wondering what you thought about it...

I was so stoked to get this in the mail! It assembled in about a minute and I was about to try it out. I started the coil and went to set it on the stand piece and it straight up did not fit. It didn't slip on to either the bowl or the stand post at all. Bummer!

I watched a ton of videos and it looks like the coil nut should easily slip over both pieces hot or cold, I think maybe the tolerances on mine are slightly off? Anyway I sent a message to newvape to get it sorted yesterday and am hoping to hear back soon.

Am I crazy? Looks like thekayo had the same problem on page 408, did you get it sorted?

Thanks!
you 100% sure its a 20mm coil?

EDIT:nvm you are talking about the post the SH sits on.

Sshasta

I bought the $390 shower head set from them so it's all their coil, controller etc. Everything went together like a breeze too, followed the directions no prob. It looks perfect! Had it all ready to try the first time and went to set it on the stand and it just like... perched on the routed edge without sliding down the post even a bit. Looks like if it was milled out just a tiny fraction of an inch more we'd be in business!

Yeah the piece on the heated set that should slip over the bowl and post doesn't fit over either one. :ugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

JCat

Accessory Maker

Not once you add the dish. ($60 for the SiC dish or $10 for the quartz if I'm remembering right ...)

Edit: Wish I was more tired as if I could go to sleep I could wake up tomorrow and go try to intercept my order from the nice ladies at the Canada Post office :) (Have to pay $60 duty anyways according to the tracking info!)

thekayo

I bought the $390 shower head set from them so it's all their coil, controller etc. Everything went together like a breeze too, followed the directions no prob. It looks perfect! Had it all ready to try the first time and went to set it on the stand and it just like... perched on the routed edge without sliding down the post even a bit. Looks like if it was milled out just a tiny fraction of an inch more we'd be in business!

Yeah the piece on the heated set that should slip over the bowl and post doesn't fit over either one. :ugh:

Yes I had the same issue. they will send you new parts. just a manufacturing error I guess. the pieces were not machined to the right size. Bummer but they sent my parts fast and free and the unit is working great now.

Vaporware

So do we know why the VROD sticks to the post and not the other heads? Looks like I'm getting the TI to stop that but still wonder why

It’s possible that the VRod sticks a little more due to tighter tolerances, but the others can stick on the post too. It’s been a fairly common issue with the older posts. My ShowerHead sticks a little, but not enough to be a real problem, it just takes slightly more force to lift it sometimes. Some people have to rock theirs back and forth a little, but if anyone has one that won’t come off the post at all, that’s probably a little manufacturing flaw.

From what I’ve heard, the Ti post minimizes or eliminates this issue, and at least with the other heads it has not been a major problem, just a minor annoyance for some users.

buddingglasshead

Shoot, after double checking my messages, I see that I never gave my thoughts on the VROD...

Sticking to the stand: I have the OG stand that isn't longer than the coil nuts or bottom of the VROD and SS. All three of mine (WA, Dnail WA, and SH) stick and so did the VROD. There is an easy way to get around this, though. While it is heating up, just pick up after 3-4 minutes into heating (maybe sooner) and just place it back down. After doing this, they never stick for me. It's only on the initial heat up that causes this at least for me.

FP in general: The FP (OG non-WA 16mm) was my first vape. I purchased it because I had an enail I wasn't using with a 16mm coil and wanted an enail. While I was researching and probably going to purchase a liger (I was looking for a dab enail device) I came across the flowerpot. It was roughly 130 bucks for everything I needed so it ended up being a little cheaper. Was a bit disappointed with the concentrate performance so I thought, screw it, I didn't buy it for vaping flower but why the heck not try it? Floored. Absolutely floored. Over the course of the next few weeks I stopped smoking because it just wasn't an effective use of material and continually started to taste worse and worse the more I used the FP.

SH: I eventually upgraded to the standard WA and SH. Getting the SH was like getting the FP for the first time every time. It's just so efficient, it's indescribable. If I absolutely only had to have one vape it would be the showerhead because it can do everything. low temps, high temps, flavor city, cloud city, microdose, macrodose. It's truly an all in one unit (wax aside "I" don't dab on Ti) The VROD is this, so I guess if I had to have one it would be the VROD.

Take with a grain of salt; I didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked to get a full understanding of the VROD.

The VROD... I have to have it. Seriously. I didn't get to spend that much time with it before it went to its owner, but boy did I have fun. It's all the performance of the showerhead if not "better" in the sense that you can lower the temps a little bit in comparison. I "think" that it may be a little worse than the WA Dnail for concentrate, but it also may have not fully heatsoaked considering I had 4 FP running and only 2 stands so two (VROD being one) wasn't on a stand and my have been losing a bit more than normal being just on the aluminum stand. This was also described in the initial post about the VROD being 90% of the performance of the WA, but if left to heatsoak for longer should be able to make up for this. I hope to get a VROD in the near future, but VAS is strong and I have many vapes to get still. I think the main reason I want it so badly is I love the showerhead but have been using the WA Dnail almost exclusively lately for twaxing over a microdose basket of flower. The VROD will be able to do this better and do a better job on a full bowl of flower.

I don't see how this can be improved upon any further. It's truly the best of both the SH and WA.

JCat

Accessory Maker
So got my VROD today :) ... picked up this morning and the nice lady at the post office was kind enough to let me have it (as opposed to having to let it go through courier which is policy)

Got back home and rewired the end for my High5/Omron controller ... and just had 3 hits of ghost train haze rosin ... very nice! Quite happy so far ... but going to have to dial in my temperature :)

Also will need to try a flower bowl as well as a combo.

No issues at all with sticking to the post ... and I just ordered the SS post with it ... I assume this is the new version one thoug so I guess it's fine? (Just drilled and tapped a 1/4-20 hole into 3"x5"x1.25" block of oak to mount the post in as a temporary (but safe) stand. (took me <5 minutes to build this stand with a scrap of wood I had kicking around)

What temps does everyone recommend for concentrate?

Alexis

took me <5 minutes to build this stand with a scrap of wood I had kicking around)
Do you have a link for the "Jcat FP stand" thread yet? How much are they?;) Better buy supplies in bulk this could be the real earner for you.

Alexis,
Reactions: JCat

JCat

Accessory Maker
Do you have a link for the "Jcat FP stand" thread yet? How much are they?;) Better buy supplies in bulk this could be the real earner for you.
:lol: ... pretty sure everyone can find a block of wood or something and has a drill! (and can pick up a 1/4-20 tap for it at their local hardware store)

I'm just frugal at times and the costs of the stands seemed a little excessive (more of a "nice-to-have" item then a "need" item). I thought just getting the post was a good compromise :)

I might build a nicer stand at some point, but this is functional and safe which is what matters :)

wall

Would be awesome to see a round tree trunk type wood set up! Yeah the post is a weird issue, its random that some people have it and others don't, mine personally does it every time even if I try to keep it on an angle, its like the material the vrod is made of is the issue. Never had it stick with my other heads

wall,
Reactions: Aezhenn

Alexis

:lol: ... pretty sure everyone can find a block of wood or something and has a drill! (and can pick up a 1/4-20 tap for it at their local hardware store)

I'm just frugal at times and the costs of the stands seemed a little excessive (more of a "nice-to-have" item then a "need" item). I thought just getting the post was a good compromise :)

I might build a nicer stand at some point, but this is functional and safe which is what matters :)
I hear you, but actually Im not joking at all. I'm certsinly not capable of doing this myself, and Im sure there are very many who also couldnt or would prefer not to.

I think it could be very popular to have somebody knock up diy stands for a post or more to easily screw into. It would be the easiest project for you yet on the way to the desert island.
Lots of medical users who I think would be pleased to see an easy alternative to the Newvape stand, without them having to Macguyver one themself of find a makeshift solution.

Alexis,

Sshasta

Thanks for the replies!

A tiny clarification; my problem with the coil nut not fitting the post and bowl is with the shower head system, not the new vrod. I have the standard SS post and the female bowl.

The more I look at it the more sure I am that this is a machining defect. The pieces do not slide together even a tiny bit, it doesn't even make it to the vertical portion of the bowl, just sticks fast to the angled edge. It sticks so tight I had to fully disassemble the shower head and pull the post and nut apart with full force! I don't think any amount of heating or cooling would fix this problem.

I am really glad they sent the replacement part for you thekayo, I sent newvape an email on Tuesday and I'm hoping they get back to me today. I'm so pumped to try it out and it's just sitting here mocking me lol! I will update when I know what's up.

*Edit* just got off the phone with Newvape, replacement parts are on the way! Things are looking up :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom