Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

thekayo

Looks to me the coil nut or showerhead size is messed up. My showerhead sits flush with the first ring on the panhead bowl or possibly heat expansion but I haven’t heard of that being a problem except with the bowls getting stuck in glass sometimes
Yup! Exactly as i thought. Think I may have just got a doa piece :( Oh well I am sure they will sort me out. I have heard nothing but good things from this company so we I will keep you guys updated. Im not going to get mad or anything I understand that things happen.

thekayo,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
My unit got stuck on the stand from me just setting it on it. I was very frustrated but i cooled it off and it came apart. I did not even have flower in it yet. I was just waiting for it to heat up. I did not put any weight on it at all. After removing it from the stand I proceeded to load it with flower. Took on rip and went to pull it out and it pulled the whole thing out. all the way to the 18mm post. its stuck together now. its just one big piece that i cant really load flower into. Meanwhile i have been using it for dabs and it is working well for that. Here is a photo of it all stuck together.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=UVdRMG05eEhXdk9lTGxJcWhSSHhULUZrZm16TnlB

Here's how to set the bowl up

invertedisdead,

thekayo

Yup I can see in the video that his has some play on the stand and on top of the bowl. With mine it was a very tight fit without applying any pressure. Its like slanted and stuck.

Vaporware

Is it 18mm or no? Listing says 22mm so don’t want it to be too big

22mm is the outer diameter of the bowl, not the GonG connector. That’s 18mm (or I think 18.8mm is the actual size of “18mm” pieces).

Edit:

Yup I can see in the video that his has some play on the stand and on top of the bowl. With mine it was a very tight fit without applying any pressure. Its like slanted and stuck.

If the nut’s tight it may be a manufacturing defect, but when you say it’s “slanted and stuck” that makes me wonder if you could play with it a little and get it off. I wouldn’t use tools or anything, but if you wiggle it around a bit, it might come out without too much trouble.

Alternatively you can just talk to NV and see what they say. For me the nut does stick a little on the post but it rocks easily on the bowl and doesn’t stick.

One more thing; it looks like you may need to adjust your bowl.

If you get it off the head, unscrew the handle a little until the bowl and post separate, then put the post in your glass, put the bowl on the post, screw the handle back in until it feels solid, and if the bowl still comes out of the joint too easily you can stick a paper clip/small screw driver/whatever in the little hole in the handle and turn it a little more to get the post to press against the side of the joint.

That should keep it from coming out with the head under normal circumstances.

Last edited:

thekayo

I did wiggle it quite a bit and cooled it down quite a bit. It is very very very very stuck. I have adjusted the bowl now. I can get just the bowl and nut free from everything else to try and take it apart but its stuck for good.

thekayo,

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
I've lived all my life in Canada...the only "Poppers" we have are the "girls" drinks and Alkyl Nitrates and the like...
Never heard of anyone who would do a bong hit with Tobacco and Cannabis. Like someone else said it must of been a European or it was somewhere where Cannabis wasn't abundant, which is pretty much everywhere except mines and petrol platforms and places like that in Canada. Anyways it surely didn't happen in Québec or British Columbia...
But I'd be curious to know where they do that (so I don't end up there hehe) and under which circumstances were they doing that and why LOL
Toronto man, I seen lots of people who do em.

They called poppers, its a thing. Gross though.

graydeh1,
Reactions: Easywider

xlr8shun

i think it'd have been nice if the debowler spike had a hole in it like the handle for panhead/shovelhead bowls does..

had to grab a paper towel, folded it over quite a few times and a pair of pliers to get the debolwer spike to stay tight in the FP base.

every time i would debowl, the spike would loosen up. after a bit of tightening with the pliers its good, but a hole in the spike would allow me to use the same pick/paper clip that i use to tighten the handle on the panhead/shovelhead to tighten the spike on the base.

also, received my 18mm post, threaded scooper, and double weave screens yesterday. those double weave screens are super nice and sturdy, definitely work better (imo) than the beamer screens. the scooper is a nice touch too, makes it fairly easy to dose now.

thanks @newvape918 @NewVape710

DonnieG

the 20mm nut is stuck on the panhead bowl. I built it (completely sober) looking at the diagram.

I have a new model and I had the same problem with sticking FP. I did not have much issue with it sticking to the post.

However, I was having trouble with the bowl locking to FP (several times and one time seriously stuck for about 15 mins). I attribute this to improper placement by me on to the bowl. The FP is angled, and forcing it at an angle can cause it to get lodged in the bowl at an angle. This combined with heat expansion can cause a stiff lock between the two. Best is to cool both parts, grab the bowl, start the coil, and pull out as coil heats (carefully).

After practicing placing the bowl while cool several times, I am not having much issue with sticking anymore. Once you get the movement down on and off, then go back to heating. Also, make sure the inside of your FP and inside of the bowl are free of reclaim, etc.

I did have problems with:
- Locking bowl and FP
- loose bowl handle (and subsequent post dropping)
- loose carb cap handle
- loose nut/coil connection

All have seemed to be due to new user error (or simply need a lil gunk to keep em from unscrewing).

Hope this helps...Piece be with you:sherlock:

thekayo

I have a new model and I had the same problem with sticking FP. I did not have much issue with it sticking to the post.

However, I was having trouble with the bowl locking to FP (several times and one time seriously stuck for about 15 mins). I attribute this to improper placement by me on to the bowl. The FP is angled, and forcing it at an angle can cause it to get lodged in the bowl at an angle. This combined with heat expansion can cause a stiff lock between the two. Best is to cool both parts, grab the bowl, start the coil, and pull out as coil heats (carefully).

After practicing placing the bowl while cool several times, I am not having much issue with sticking anymore. Once you get the movement down on and off, then go back to heating. Also, make sure the inside of your FP and inside of the bowl are free of reclaim, etc.

I did have problems with:
- Locking bowl and FP
- loose bowl handle (and subsequent post dropping)
- loose carb cap handle
- loose nut/coil connection

All have seemed to be due to new user error (or simply need a lil gunk to keep em from unscrewing).

Hope this helps...Piece be with you:sherlock:

This all makes sense but it seemed as if mine was way to tight of a fit. I could not get it to slide over no matter which way it went. When i watched the tutorial the connection had a bit of play when on the bowl and on the stand. mine would not slide over the stand. Initially I thought it was poor design but I think its a dud. Im going to try what you said to remove them. I have tried everything else you could imagine lmao.

Modnote: Back to back posts merged

I tried and it did not work :(

Last edited by a moderator:
thekayo,

Justpassedu

This all makes sense but it seemed as if mine was way to tight of a fit. I could not get it to slide over no matter which way it went. When i watched the tutorial the connection had a bit of play when on the bowl and on the stand. mine would not slide over the stand. Initially I thought it was poor design but I think its a dud. Im going to try what you said to remove them. I have tried everything else you could imagine lmao.
There is a small and very small chance either the nut or bowl maybe has some extra material that did not get removed during the machining process and this is what can cause this , very tight tolerance between the head and nut and when heat is applied it is causing it to expand a bit and stick. The best bet is to contact NV and I am sure they will get you taken care of.

Justpassedu,
Reactions: YaMon

Likes2vape

@NewVape710 @newvape918 you got me itchin and twitchin over here, when the hell is the vrod going to drop?? :goon::luv::freak:Just seeing it mentioned with the dnail SiC halo has me messed up in all kinds of ways!! I freaking can’t wait. I love the showerhead but prefer the dnail halo can’t wait to see the mash up!!!:rockon::rockon::clap:

Edit: found the vrod on the NV site. Looks freaking sick!! https://www.newvape.com/v-rod-flowerpot-head-3129

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...

Vaporware

@NewVape710 @newvape918 The V Rod looks great! Nice solution to the one hole to many problem. Looking forward to trying one! :)

Can you also tell us, will the new carb cap be too large for the carb cap spot in the current round stand? Any other issues current users should be aware of?

Edit: Wow, sorry, I should have double checked before posting. I guess since it’s been a long time since Edwin posted I forgot which one he was...you guys were right, 710 and 918. :(

By the way, for those tagging NewVape710 he isn’t with NV anymore so I don’t believe that account is in use right now. 420 and 918 are though.

Last edited:
Vaporware,
Reactions: xlr8shun

Likes2vape

@NewVape420 @newvape918 The V Rod looks great! Nice solution to the one hole to many problem. Looking forward to trying one! :)

Can you also tell us, will the new carb cap be too large for the carb cap spot in the current round stand? Any other issues current users should be aware of?

By the way, for those tagging NewVape710 he isn’t with NV anymore so I don’t believe that account is in use right now. 420 and 918 are though.
No you have it wrong. Newvape710 is the owner edwyn, Newvape420 is no longer with the company, NewVape918 is the new online rep.

Justpassedu

@NewVape420 @newvape918 The V Rod looks great! Nice solution to the one hole to many problem. Looking forward to trying one! :)

Since the cat is out of the bag , I can help answer a bit for you. The carb cap will work and fit in the stand. Also for anyone looking at 1 one of these you must either have a coil like the one pictured in the link posted or the NV coil as the way it was designed is so the coil locks into place counter clockwise for perfect heat distribution. I'll try and post some pics when I get the ok from NV.

xlr8shun

my bad, i thought 710 was edwyn due to 420 leaving the post a while back saying he was parting ways with NV..

anyway, tagging 918 should work out i'm sure they'll get the message to whoever it needs to go to!

anyway, good call on that new carb cap fitting in the existing flowerpot round base, i'm interested also, since i'd love to get one of those once they are finally released.. (for a second, i thought it was really only 5 bucks and was adding it to my cart! lol)

EDIT:
thanks @Justpassedu for confirming it fits existing stand!
thanks @Likes2vape for your insight on usernames ;)

Last edited:

Justpassedu

my bad, i thought 710 was edwyn due to 420 leaving the post a while back saying he was parting ways with NV..

anyway, tagging 918 should work out i'm sure they'll get the message to whoever it needs to go to!

anyway, good call on that new carb cap fitting in the existing flowerpot round base, i'm interested also, since i'd love to get one of those once they are finally released.. (for a second, i thought it was really only 5 bucks and was adding it to my cart! lol)

EDIT:
thanks @Justpassedu for confirming it fits existing stand!
thanks @Likes2vape for your insight on usernames ;)
$ 5 Dollars is just a place holder , I wish... lol

Uh oh...more NewVape gear on the way? I better head for the hills...:lol:
It's coming get ready soon. Been in some testing for awhile now and I can say it is amazing. Best of both worlds incorporating the Shower Head with a head that can fit Dnail Sic halo and larger dishes with similar airflow to the Showerhead and a new way to heat everything as there is no more center post. It was designed so the NV coil locks in and makes great contact with the head and nut. Just a quick example but you can see how the coil fits into the shape in this pic as it was made and designed to fit the coil perfectly :
yDWROfY.jpg

Top Bottom