1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

NewVape FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by natural farmer, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Perhaps a thread for After Market adjustments....
    or perhaps a header on posts that are about After Market Parts and their use.
    A simple intro to the post like:

After Market Info
    I recently was looking into glass bowls that might be usable with the FP. I found a website www.glassparts.com that I found desirable (this is just banter to demo the header with some words attached)

Alexis likes this.
  2. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

Do the double weave screens clean up the stems and water much? I am using double brass screens (9180) and it seems to help but I am still getting a lot of chunky waxy buildup on the inside of the glass, I'm not sure if this is from small flower particles, it's generally a blond color buildup. This only happens with flowers, I use a medium grind on moister flowers (62% RH)

3. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I used the Ti screens and got the same buildup with flower.
    I even cut with a punch a super fine set of screens that are kief quality, and I still get the build-up in the water.
    I believe that such complete extraction is happening, that the heavier constituents can not make it through the water.

4. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

I like it :tup:

:cheers:

Morty and just_the_flu like this.
  5. invertedisdead

I recently experimented with a hand trimmed organic cotton filter under the screen.
    Keeps my tubes clean from plant material, the remaining condensate in my rigs were clean enough to dab! (how would I know... :rolleyes:;) )

When the cotton starts filling up the airflow starts going down, not necessarily a horrible thing for the Showerhead for a bit, though it gets to the point where it starts creating too much drag and needs to be changed.

Also there is no gunk in the bowl, the cotton stops it all, just a very runny decarbed oil which one could also collect. I thought about making a little punch or something to cut the cotton out to the exact dimensions, but every time I do one of these FP moon landings I zone out and forget about it :D

6. VaporWare

VaporWare Well-Known Member

That might be a good way to go, but I don’t think that’s the way any other FC threads are set up. My guess is that we’d spend a lot of time directing new users and people who hadn’t got the memo over to the new thread, and this one would stagnate until NewVape released something new.

The double weave Ti screens do a great job at keeping particulates out of the water, but they do clog faster. I still use them and just clean the screens more often.

I’m not a reclaim/buildup expert though (whatever it is I don’t get too much and I just try to wash it away), so hopefully someone else can address that.

Edit: ...like @invertedisdead just did. :)

I’d add to his recommendation that others in the thread have championed degummed hemp fiber for this purpose. If you can’t find it elsewhere or aren’t sure of the quality/safety of what you find, I’ve heard that Dynavap sells it as a filter material and theirs should be good. :)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  7. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I am forced to agree with this logic.

8. just_the_flu

just_the_flu they say im crazy but i have a have a good time

...they do help reduce/eliminate particulates going through the screen exceptionally well ime... i don't get any fall through into my water using double ti weave screens... like others mentioned they do get dirty quicker, but they clean up easy, a quick iso soak and toothbrush scrub and they are good as new!

9. LabPong

LabPong Well-Known Member

Vitolo, we obviously look at things differently at first?

"Vitolo, Wow! You sure personalized my comment. My entire post was not for you... I do not even know you. It was for the benefit of a couple of hundred local patients that came to me to express intimidation, when trying to read a thread that I sent them to. It was a comment to let them know that the FP can be used as is.
    Yes I realize your entire post was not directed at me....I only took it personally because I mainly write about my use of the NewVape with diff water units and glass bowls. Basically I tell others of my experience with this vape and how I use it. I was also heavily medicated at the time of writing it......I may have not moved on from a point or two quick enough....sorry

It is not confusing at all. My setup and demo and sharing of the vape with a room full of 6 to 12 patients goes super fast, and each patient was able to try it for themselves. Nobody got confused.
    My point was not about using the vape....it was about purchasing it with all the various parts and a not that great website to make it understandable. Using the vape is easy as 123......

Now it seems to me that you are trying to make others read your posts when they may not want to.
    I am not at all trying to make anyone read or make more attention to any of my posts, but I feel like you do not like that some of us write about 3rd party products that directly relate to using the vape.....that is all....nothing more. But I do feel it is important and highly useful to anyone of any level of use or knowledge to understand how the vape can be used......as there is more than several different ways obvisouly. If someone wants to use totally stock....I have 0 problems with that and would not tell them to change if they are happy and satisfied.

It appears that you are trying to stifle my input about the FlowerPot, when I am one of it's biggest supporters.
    No....I would never ever try to stifle anyone's opinions....but I will call them out if I disagree and point out why....and then try to understand the other persons point or opinion....just like I am doing here with you......wither I know you or not does not change anything....we are faceless avatars here....yes?

I just do not understand why you would think the things I bring here are OT????? Only because they are deemed advanced or not necessary and just get in the way? I just do not understand that, sorry.

My patients do not use the vapcap, due to inability to handle small devices and aim a pinpoint torch.
    It appears now that you are attempting to throw another thread in there to confuse THIS discussion.
    My point was only that the vapcap thread seems to get a full pass on OT postings....I find it hypocritical when it is allowed there and not other areas of the forum. But there too...there is a lot of info and it is very hard to find because of the OT that is posted there.

I believe that @Tuck said it in a very smooth way without adding personalization or insult

Well Spoken @Tuck .
    I am trying to point out logic, not personal banter. Please excuse me if you took it as a personal attack...it was not. All in all...it just seems like you are not happy with postings here that do not meet your same criteria reason to post here. But again, this is why I mention having a sticky in the start of the thread that gives pertinent useful info about the vape and such....super simple and easy to do for the mods to setup and allow us to help post such info in.

An aside comment:

I would direct this communication and those who read it to review the Forum Rules.
    Specifically- Be Nice:
    • All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
    • Do not post any content that harasses, insults, belittles, threatens or flames another member.
    and- Of course the rest of the rules should be read.

But I disagree with you here in a specific way. When I got the flowerpot and used it stock, I had big problems with it hurting my throat. It was a big issue that I did not really bring up or point out in my posts much. So for me, the stock flowerpot worked to give me vapor, but it did not work to give me vapor that did not cause harm. So for me...it did not work. But after a few days, I used a glass bowl with SS screen instead of the stock Ti one with Ti screen and now the flowerpot works for me. I feel this info could be huge for a beginner to know about. This one issue alone could be the difference someone keeps or does not keep the vape. To me, I feel this is a BIG workaround that fixed an issue I had with the stock parts.

I would not mind another 3-5mm in height, but I do not find any uneven extraction. I do use a SS screen on top of the glass pedal screen built in the bowl. I normally use a medium to medium/fine grind. But that all depends on dryness and strain types. I have seen some of these bowls with glass pedal screens that only have 6 pedals instead of 8. I would prefer the openness of the 6 pedal ones. I also turn/spin the coil/wand about 45 degrees around the bowl to spread the heat some as I take a draw.

I would luv to shoot a few vids someday. My words will seem confusing in comparison I think.

With the 14mm one....it is just a tad narrower than the showerhead nut. So some of the air will bleed out, but it is very minimal and not an issue. As far as it being shorter...ya it is......and is why I lower my temps.

The larger version is 18mm.....and if you got that one....you would have to turn the showerhead upside down to use.....but not the 14mm one.

Alexis and invertedisdead like this.
  10. Likes2vape

Likes2vape Well-Known Member

I think the Flowerpot is a little confusing if you don’t have a grasp on how to use an enail. If you have used an enail before it is really very simple.

This what I consider the absolute bare minimum needed for the Flowerpot set up.

Enail controller with coil
    Bowl
    Head unit
    Carb cap
    Stand to hold the head unit when off the bong (a coffee mug will work)
    And most of us already have a bong.

If you already have an enail the Flowerpot is a no brainer. It’s very cheap to buy if you already have an enail and bong.

11. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

The local Patients that have wound up with a FlowerPot are only occasional Concentrate users.... they principally use flower. For this reason they all use the Showerhead setup.
    I offered "dish"options to them, but only 1 patient was into the idea. The others use the Showerhead for flower, AND for their occasional dabs.
    Out of 30 - 40 people that I demoed the use of the FP to, all grasped the concept very quickly, of roasting flower with the showerhead, and most after that successfully & easily figured out the dab techniques themselves.

12. Likes2vape

Likes2vape Well-Known Member

Yeah once someone uses the Flowerpot it is very simple to understand. Not very complicated at all really.

Morty and Vitolo like this.
  13. buddingglasshead

buddingglasshead Well-Known Member

Could you put a list of questions you feel you commonly get so we can A) either answer those in a single post for them to refer to and also gain further information from this thread if they desire B) can look for posts that fit that criteria to make the "Best Of" thread?

graydeh1 and FlavorChaser like this.
  14. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

I guess I felt like him coming and asking us to stop was the wrong way to go about it, and comes off as abrasive.

The answer is to set ip a better beginner place to find the good information, like a "best of" thread, as others here have suggested. Not step on everyone's toes who wants to share new stoner-legos info :razz:

15. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Unless talk about using 3rd party accessories causes a serious derail, they are fine to discuss here in the thread. We do make new threads for things like the elhe bowl thread and that does help isolated would-be derails to happen in their own space.

As we have all agreed here, the FP is easy to use, so new users really don't need the assets of FC if they are satisfied using it stock. If a new user wants to learn more about how others are using their FPs and learn new tips and tricks, then this thread is a great read as there is much to learn here for those inclined.

A best of thread would be a nice thing to point new users to, so if anyone wants to volunteer, that'd be great. We don't need to censor the conversation in the thread, but if the topic is getting derailed, please report it and let the staff take care of it.

Thank you.

:peace:

16. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

After watching me grind, and seeing me load the bowl(all eyes are watching as though I am going to do something complex), I hit the bowl with the showerhead, and everyone was ready to try it themselves.
    The Questions that I get almost every time were:
    1. How high can I set the temperature?
    2. Can this unit cause combustion?
    3. How long can I safely leave the unit on and set to desired temperature?**
    4. Can I hit the bubbler with no water in it?
    5. Do I have to use the carb cap if I do a dab? (answer is generally that while not a requirement the dab will vape better with the cap if it is a large dab)
    Most of the patients that I see have no regular computer access, but I let them log onto FC from here.
    Others have a smartphone that gives them access to posts here.
    I have shown all patients that have seen me in person how to use the "search" function to it's best advantage.... in THIS thread, I taught them to search omitting name of poster, and checking the box "for this thread only"

** My response to this is generally to shut unit when you are not present, to avoid forgetfulness which can lead to higher electric bills, and accidental nudging of the coil from it's spot on the stand... and also.... after a good while, even the stand can become hot. A person shocked by how hot something is, will react by possible dropping of things, and as we know it only takes a touch from a 700º+ object to mar smooth flesh, or burn into a carpet.

*NOTE:
    Please go back and look at my posts. I NEVER asked anyone to stop. I simply pointed out to new users that they could use FP as it comes, and passed along to the seasoned users the feedback given by local patients that all of the talk of various parts that can be had elsewhere was intimidating to them.

psychonaut likes this.
  17. invertedisdead

That's probably the trickiest thing to get used to, especially if they are familiar with other vaporizers and their temperature range. If someone set their FP to 380F they might think it didn't work very well! I find 550F a great starting point, all the way up to around 700F or so should please 99% of people.

And for the rest of us crazies you crank it straight to 777 and let it rip. When in doubt floor it!

It is possible, though it takes closer to 800F on the PID with a very slow draw for me to get there. Loading the bowl all the way to the top and packing very tightly can also cause combustion.

Mine runs about 16 hours per day. A few members leave their enails on all night, though I shut mine off before bed.

@Vitolo that's your cue! ;)

YES! That's where much of the vapor production comes from when dabbing, plus it will regulate the inhale speed which most people seem to benefit from.

18. LabPong

LabPong Well-Known Member

Great post Vitolo/invertedisdead. This is a good example for a starter to use for a sticky or sub thread within this thread. It is something you could build on slowly by making it a simple FAQ only. That way it does not evolve into a long discussion thread and is only used for highly useful info for those that are not used to the world of vaping as well as this specific vape.

19. 530rasta

530rasta Well-Known Member

ok
    so

I just ordered a complete setup from newvape, very stoked. But..

I just read on reddit about fraud charges on peoples accts after ordering from the newvape website?!!? Should i be concerned, granted i did use a debit card not a credit card.

Any thoughts please share thanks

20. hoyo77

hoyo77 Well-Known Member

i ordered about 2-3 months ago...no fraud charges on my acct

21. Alex3oe

Alex3oe Well-Known Member

I tried to place an order at NewVape three times, each order was rejected by my cc company. When I called them, they told me, NewVape is some kind of blacklisted. The guy on the phone couldn't or wouldn't tell me why. But he opened a window of 2 hours in which I could place my order.

Easywider and Hogni like this.
  22. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

I got the same probs in the past with VISA Germany. No, they don't tell you the reasons for that, just blacklisted. Probably bc some cc instituts boycott MJ buisinesses for legal reasons.

23. Zementos

Zementos Active Member

Hmm, planed on going all out on 420. Do they tell you right away when trying to pay that its not possible with this cc? (Also visa ger) Since their sale only lasts a day if I remember correctly.

Hogni likes this.
  24. btka

btka Well-Known Member

Do newvape offer a 420 special (discount)... could not find any info on their website...

graydeh1 likes this.
  25. Zementos

Zementos Active Member

I asked them a few weeks ago via email. They said that they are planing on having a sale. If you search this thread there is some Info about last years sale. I think it was 20% off, but only on 4/20.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors