1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

NewVape FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by natural farmer, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much. I do hope you noticed how many times in my recent posts I said that I love New Vape and Edwyn...cause I do really like you guys and wasn't trying to throw you under the bus about coils.

But, you do use a non-standard connector (yeah, I get it about pin size but I have never heard of a pin failing from carrying current...but I'm sure you are right that they do) and pin outs different from anybody else selling coils and controllers. Something to always keep in mind, I think, is the installed base out there and what they have and use. For something like the FP, while I agree that you right to sell a controller and coil to go with it, many of your customers already have this kit from their regular e-nail kit or would alternatively want to use your kit with enails as well as the FP. Like myself, I will probably get a FP, seems like a GREAT product. But I was glad to see you come out with a 20 mm coil version as I already have two complete oil rigs...controllers and coils.

Implementing it as you have drives customers to be exclusive to you in the future for coils which do fail with some regularity. Just my POV.

herbivore21, Alexis, grokit and 2 others like this.
  2. NewVape710

NewVape710 Seeking Higher Ground Manufacturer

our decision to use that plug dates back 3-4 years. We had reports of our competitors boxes getting hot and catching fire when accidentally being left on. We decided to OVER ENGINEER and use that heavy duty plug, increase the wire size, and solder all connections. we've sold nearly 1000 of these coils to date and less than 10 ever been returned. We've had fewer controller returns. Our coils come with a 30 day warranty because we were under the impression that people would abuse them, run the temp up to try and burn off / clean their nails. To date that's never happened. Many of these coils are being used in our rosin plates where the temps never get above 300f. I'm ok with not being standard. I do appreciate your point of view

3. dnice2532

dnice2532 Member

Thanks again newvape for gifts . Man this flowerpot thing hits hard every single time

Morty likes this.
  4. emmdeemo

emmdeemo Never ever, bloody anything, ever.

Well, now I know for the next time purchases need making :)

The FP has been one of my first vaporising 'no brainer' purchases. So excited about receiving it :)

lazylathe and Morty like this.
  5. Morty

Morty Well-Zoned Member

:clap: :love: :drool:

Best endorsement ever! (I'm a sick puppy though :evil:)

6. grokit

grokit well-worn member

I raised up to 744º up high, lowered to 522f down below
    after catching up with the d-nail thread holy moly :science:

The sic dish seems like it's self-cleaning at this temp :tup:

:mmmm:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  7. dnice2532

dnice2532 Member

Any tips or tricks on how to get clouds without the lolicap? When I use without lolicap vape is almost non existent even at 750....with it though get good clouds, great flavor and very potent

Alexis likes this.
  8. NewVape710

NewVape710 Seeking Higher Ground Manufacturer

@dnice2532 try reducing your draw strength when not using the cap. also try letting the head sit on top of the bowl for 30 sec prior to draw.

lazylathe, Hogni and dnice2532 like this.
  9. Justpassedu

Justpassedu Well-Known Member

Are you using the D-nail Sic or the one from NV ? I am wondering how much better the Dnail Sic may be to justify that price and the differences between the 2 if you can help. Ty

Hogni, GreenHopper, grokit and 2 others like this.
  10. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

I have seen 3 people on this site that actually have both the TAG and Dnail Halo versions of the SiC nail. I am one of those 3 and @SamuraiSam and @StormyPinkness are the other 2 I know of. Not that I am trying to speak for them but I do believe all 3 of us prefer the Dnail over the TAG version however I am not sure Stormy agrees that the Dnail is worth the extra $70+ from what I gathered in one of his more recent posts about his experience between the two. Sam and I discussed this pretty thoroughly in one thread and I have also posted my comparison...links below to make it easier but read the first 2-3 pages of the thread where Sam, @herbivore21 and I discuss the differences between the two.

To me the biggest difference was my dab size reduced because of more efficient heating and vaporization that the Dnail can offer over the TAG dish. I dont really think there was ever a difference in taste much if any. I did try to explain to another guy on here that due to the efficiency of the Dnail over the TAG I personally think it pays for itself in 2-8 weeks deoending on how heavy of a user you are.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/enail-choices.16891/page-3#post-1098554

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/gear-review-100-quartz-ti-dhgate-enail.23907/page-2#post-1115832

TLDR: the dnail is worth the extra $70 IMHO and IME

11. StormyPinkness

StormyPinkness Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

@nosmoking pretty much nailed my opinion. I don't notice a difference except in the size, the d-nail is 100% easier to dab on if you're someone who tries to spread the dab around. You can do it on the tag, it's just trickier. They're both easy to just drop some in, the d-nail is a little easier there too though.

Actually one other difference is to get to 600 degrees on the dish for my tag I run at 725 and for my d-nail at 755. It's a bigger dish though so that makes sense I guess. I'm still not 100% sure about it, but I think the d-nail is easier to clean. I *think* the q-tip cleaning method works a little better for me in the d-nail.

I definitely prefer my d-nail over my tag and I would totally buy it again if I had to do it over. That being said I don't think you need to spend the extra $70 unless you want that premium experience. If you want premium add their slim base and sapphire insert, they're both great. Now that I've tried that insert the sapphire halo is super tempting too...

Edit: Also thanks @nosmoking for tagging me in this thread, I'm already fighting the temptation to buy one of these now. Very cool design... temptation is winning...

12. grokit

grokit well-worn member

@Justpassedu I'm using d-nail's dish, I had tag's for a minute but returned it. I'm guessing that the tag dish's centerpost might be a bit taller than d-nail's, which would preclude me from running two coils. It barely fits with d-nail's dish. I hadn't thought of the two coil thing yet when I had the tag so I didn't think to check for fit. I think the tag sic dish system is fine, just that d-nail's is more than fine it's superlative.

The d-nail sic dish is the biggest luxury in my econo-dabbing rig, and I'm totally okay with that.

:science:

13. anasrzi

anasrzi Well-Known Member

I'm glad we're mentioning the tag and dnail dishes as I'm still yet to buy a flopwerpot and would want a complete kit for the most part minus the enail itself. How well does the lollipop cap fit on the dnail SiC version?

I'd really really like to try dnails sapphire dish on the flower pot!

It's money tho and a lot of it for sapphire plus it's more fragile oh and did I mention the cost it's like £400 which for our American friends is around $520!!!

Alexis, Hogni, Joaon and 5 others like this.
  14. grokit

grokit well-worn member

Have we established that the flowerpot sic dish is the exact same thing as the tag sic dish?

:sherlock:

Alexis, StormyPinkness, Hogni and 2 others like this.
  15. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

It was confirmed back in this thread at some point.

16. anasrzi

anasrzi Well-Known Member

Think we can agree it's the same substance? But others have also mentioned the tag one is a little rough around the edges and deeper but overall more narrow as a dabbing surface.

All I wonder about is how well the lollipop sits in combo with the dnail SiC dish, could I ask a member to post up a few pics to confirm this? If it sits perfectly well (which I'm 99% sure it does or else members who have it would say) then I'd be inclined to get the dnail version and then if I ever had money to burn a sapphire dnail dish would be on the cards ;).

17. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/newvape-flowerpot-twax-vaporizer.23162/page-9#post-1118850
    It is the same as verified by this post

Another thing most dont realize but the Dnail carb cap brings the Dnail sic to another level IMO. The carb cab has a lip on it that allows the carb cap to sit flush on the sic dish so you can let go of it if you want or spin it and it stays aligned because the inner lip sits inside the dish. I have seen no other carb cap to be like this except the rip tide carb caps which are for bangers or open dishes like the Liger inserts.

SamuraiSam, grokit, Alexis and 4 others like this.
  18. StormyPinkness

StormyPinkness Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

I use the $25 tag carb cap on both my tag and d-nail dish. I haven't tried the d-nail or lollipop carb caps so they might fit better.
    [​IMG]

Alexis, Hogni, GreenHopper and 4 others like this.
  19. Justpassedu

Justpassedu Well-Known Member

Ty all for the Dnail Sic to Tag comparisons . The actual Tag Sic dishes are what Newvape is using for the Sic option , they order direct from Tag so no difference. I'll have to give a Dnail dish a try someday , @nosmoking does the actual Lollicap fit the Dnail Sic dish ? Also there were 2 models i believe of the lollicap , a revision was made to fit the Fp heads better. I can actual leave mine on the quartz , sic or tit head without having to hold it and i do spin it also while taking a hit. It sits perfectly flush , hoping it may work that way on the Dnail Sic as well. Can you link to the cap you are referring to ?

20. herbivore21

herbivore21 Well-Known Member

Holy shit, you can use the SiC halo as the nail part on this thing? Does it work well? If so, I'm about to buy one for 4 star hash use alone! Are there any functionality trade offs? Which coil do you use? Can I see a pic of the whole thing assembled with a d-nail SiC halo? I saw one of yours but with 2 coils, I only wanna use one coil of course lol

Can anyone measure the inner diameter of the flower bowl section, I'd be most appreciative! :)

Alexis, Justpassedu, Hogni and 5 others like this.
  21. Likes2vape

Likes2vape Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Here is the dnail sic dish with a 16mm coil. Works awesome . I love the dnail sic dish and found the new Vape/tag one hard to dab out of. It's so much easier to get your dab in the dnail dish especially with bad eyesight.

22. herbivore21

herbivore21 Well-Known Member

Excellent! Thank you kindly for this!

Also I'm assuming that the d-nail cap is going to function better here than the newvape one, have you guys used this and can you confirm?

Also can newvape make coils with pin arrangements that work with a d-nail controller? Or will I have to order a barrel coil from yet another vendor?

Alexis, Justpassedu, Hogni and 2 others like this.
  23. grokit

grokit well-worn member

@Likes2vape has his(?) set up correctly as per instructed by the manufacturer.

As you mentioned I did no such thing :evil:
    [​IMG]
    I've gone off the reservation a bit :freak:

This one's to show relative size between the herb bowl and d-nail's sic dish.
    [​IMG]
    I'm sorry what was the question again?

:mmmm:

Diggy Smalls, lazylathe, duff and 8 others like this.
  24. Likes2vape

Likes2vape Well-Known Member

I have the tag carb cap and it works fine but I'm going to order the dnail one since it just seems so much nicer and designed to work perfectly with their sic dish.

Your going to have to order a coil from another vendor since the New Vape coils use a different connection than the standard xlr connector.

grokit, Alexis, Justpassedu and 2 others like this.
  25. emmdeemo

emmdeemo Never ever, bloody anything, ever.

Just in case it got missed/its helpful...

grokit, Justpassedu, Hogni and 2 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors