1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

NewVape FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by natural farmer, Nov 17, 2016.

1. cilantro

cilantro Flavor Chaser

It's so excellent that vapes are as different as people are. The FP and ELEV8R scratch both itches that I have. I've never used so much butane so fast :lol: . Thanks @Alexis for helping me discover that 7th Floor treasure.

My VAS has been cured (for now). Now, I am off to 'bruise' my FP coil cover to turn it blue or purple. So jealous to see those covers with that beautiful hue.

2. Alexis

Alexis Peace keeper, fun maker and 3/4 time vaporist.

Same for me, except it will be Herbo Ti and Elev8r (very likely with coil soon?). I do see myself very soon having total satisfaction with vaporizer options after trying and learning for so long about different models and the subject itself.
    Except I would like a decent non-butane portable in time, but my health has to allow me to spend enough time away from home first so priorities for now.
    You are very welcome for any help I may have provided, it is the best feeling on FC when you feel you have helped others- others' happiness has always been the highest priority for me deep down.:nod:

LabPong, cilantro and Justpassedu like this.
  3. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

@cilantro have you joined the high rollers club yet?

[​IMG]

invertedisdead and Danksta like this.
  4. Likes2vape

Likes2vape Well-Known Member

I use them all the time. I have the VXL honeycomb, swagger tree, and the chandelier clone and hydra base with circ perc from sunshine store. The hydrabase works well with the flowerpot. I love being able to use my hydratubes with the Flowerpot as I don’t really use the EVO anymore.

5. cilantro

cilantro Flavor Chaser

Too scared to fly that high yet :D but one day soon I shall! Good ‘ol 700 SH uncapped so far with small load. Beastly and full.

6. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

You motivated me to use my old school bubbler again, and do a tribute to FP (and to FC!!)... a couple of hits done dry:
    Click to play YouTube Video

7. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

8. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

9. Danksta

Danksta Well-Known Member

10. muunch

muunch hotboxing the cockpit

Hey never thought I'd say this, but got a link for that doorknob @lazylathe ?

Seems pretty good. I'm on a minimalist kick lately... Get this large ass base outta here! (actually some guy just msg'd me interested in it on reddit somehow? I even said I wasn't interested in selling it, but then he asked for a pic, so now I'm considering selling it...)

I really just gotta stop getting so high and re-arranging my desk (and entertaining these fuckn loons apparently) and leave my shit alone til I move since I'll just be getting rid of this desk/setup/apartment, but meh.

edit:

sold my base for these candle holders. wish me luck lol

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WVTQJT4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AAAWTEJ0QYAO5&psc=1

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  11. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

720ºF.
    Note:
    My Unit is set so that it goes to 750..... then backs down to 660. It works for me, so I do not try to alter or figure how it got that way.
    I let it get to 750º and then start my hits on the way down, knowing that the lowest the temp will drop will be 660º.
    My favorite hits are the two (sometimes 2 and a half) hits I get at 720, down to 700.

12. muunch

13. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

14. Danksta

Danksta Well-Known Member

Just dropping in to recommend taking those screens out and putting a whole nug over that hole. Amazing flavor. Even at 777 I'm getting some great taste. Much better than fine grind obviously. Been doing it with the FP bowl and a glass bowl. Works better than expected with no screen.

:D

Still going strong with my mugs. Sits on my table with noting underneath. Zero signs of burning or high heat. Coffee mugs are safe IMO.

Stick with the mug. Doubles as a heat shield if you have to travel with a hot FP. Those glass holders would not work as shield.

15. just_the_flu

just_the_flu they say im crazy but i have a have a good time

...idk, those look like they would get hot, real hot!... unless using as a temporary holding spot i personaly would not use them..

lazylathe, muunch and Danksta like this.
  16. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

@muunch what do you think of my setup, just a lag bolt in a piece of wood. It's fairly minimalist and works really good. The wood is a nice insulator.

invertedisdead, lazylathe and muunch like this.
  17. muunch

yeah maybe those little glass things aren't good.

I also found this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KKH2UB4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3MSCZTK0VZ2XB&psc=1

I just don't feel 100% safe with the mug... At least with a square base I know it won't tip.

Anyways...

I like what you did @psychonaut and really I should just drill a spot for a holder right into my desk too... but oh well. After I move maybe. I'm pretty sure I'll be leaving this desk behind anyhow.

edit:

i also have these in my closet

https://www.amazon.com/Lipper-Inter...rd_wg=U4N5k&psc=1&refRID=CS4EK5Z1Y4B7DY7S408J

but I'm not sure if they're good for this...

emmdeemo and lazylathe like this.
  18. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

I bet that would work fine. The bolt only needs to thread in about 1/4-1/3" in I would say. With a 5-6" bolt, it will sink off a fair bit of the heat then once it hits the bowl it will be nothing as it absorbs in.

My table is starting to get crowded too, I may even look to move this bolt to a smaller diameter piece of wood.\

invertedisdead, lazylathe and muunch like this.
  19. muunch

Well, the wood got pretty hot and a bit charred where it was making direct contact after a bit sitting there at 710, but I'll probably use these and just be more attentive/turn it off during prolonged breaks. The mug as a heat shield is a nice tip for putting away hot gear.

invertedisdead and Danksta like this.
  20. VaporWare

VaporWare Well-Known Member

If you’re using the controller from NewVape, I think they all overshoot and cool back down to the set temperature when started, but I think the amount of overshoot varies. There may be a way to adjust that in the settings, but I haven’t read the manual so I’m not sure.

I always wait a few minutes to give it time to heat all the way through the ShowerHead, but maybe I should try using it earlier. Yours seems to be hot enough anyway!

21. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

22. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

Yaknow, I bet for those who are worried about the heat off that glass knob, which I think is actually pretty ingenious! Put a piece of wood underneath it, even a lil silicon mat too to help keep it in place if necessary. Sounds safer than the charred wood @muunch, be careful bro.

muunch and lazylathe like this.
  23. lazylathe

I have left mine on for more than 12 hours on the glass door knob and the bottom section of the glass that touches the desk is only slightly warm.

just_the_flu and psychonaut like this.
  24. Vapologist

Vapologist HamsterDAMAGED

That glass knob is definitely an aesthetically pleasing stand, but just seems like an accident waiting to happen. Stability is not high compared to other options. @ 700F, it just seems like too big a risk! I'm not saying it doesn't work for you...but damn I couldn't feel secure in my setup with that. Still want it though!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Vitolo likes this.
  25. lazylathe

The base of the SH is +-22mm and the base of the brass is +-20mm.
    1mm of space on either side and the head is completely supported by the brass.

This is just my option that i quite like.
    I am not a gorilla with my vapes and all the cords come from the back of the desk to avoid snagging cords and flipping red hot Ti on myself.

invertedisdead, Vitolo and psychonaut like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors