1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

NewVape FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by natural farmer, Nov 17, 2016.

1. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

I posted a vid one or so pages back doing convection dabs off cotton. I think I liked that over the mesh as you can just toss it at the end of the load so it never absorbs reclaim flavors like SS pads.

I think the best convection concentrate medium I've used is herb to be honest, but I do wonder if I'm actually finishing the concentrate before the flower is vaporized.

muunch, HD Springer, zor and 5 others like this.
  2. maxymods

maxymods Member

Hey everyone I have a kind of dumb quick question. I was wondering if any screen will work for these devices? I got my flowerpot last week and am loving it but forgot to order extra screens, and was wondering if any screens from my local head shop would work? Thanks

3. Justpassedu

Justpassedu Well-Known Member

Yes just be sure to buy them a drop bigger than the bowl and cut to size your self with scissors.

NewVape420, Alexis and Easywider like this.
  4. Easywider

Easywider Simple is the way

Yep a good fitting screen also seems to be key for keeping glass clean. I have the errletric dbl weaves and they are a pinch smaller then NV dbl weave (almost unnoticeable) but its enough that if i'm muddling around some full nug or aggressive brush wiping I can easily force some AVB dust past the outside edges of the screen and then dirty water :cry: :bang:

NewVape420 and Justpassedu like this.
  5. VaporWare

VaporWare Well-Known Member

@maxymods .75” or .78”* screens from a local shop should fit fine, but if you care about Titanium screens vs Stainless Steel or Brass you’ll probably have to put in another order instead.

I asked at several local shops when I forgot to buy screens with the Flower Pot, and none of them had ever even heard of titanium screens. I did try buying some backups to get me through to my next order, but they gave me .65” screens which were too small. I guess I should have double checked the size before leaving the store.

Ultimately I just ordered another bowl, some single and double weave Ti screens and a few other things from NewVape and now I wish I’d just done that in the first place. If you don’t mind using SS or Brass screens though, yes the right size from a local shop will work fine.

* .78” only fits the Shovelhead and Panhead bowls, but they can also take .75” like the rest, they’ll just be a little looser.

6. maxymods

maxymods Member

Thanks you guys!

VaporWare and Vitolo like this.
  7. LabPong

LabPong Well-Known Member

I got tired of this issue and just ended up using a drop down to keep everything much much cleaner and easier to deal with. The drop down can also aid in softer perc action and possibly less blowback. Give one a try.....I posted my setup a page or two back.

Easywider and NewVape420 like this.
  8. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

Alexis, Danksta and mixchu69 like this.
  9. mixchu69

mixchu69 Well-Known Member

i think this was asked before, but couldnt find it on the search function. I currently have the whole showerhead setup and am planning to purchase the wraparound for my dnail halo tonight. Is there anything other than the wraparound that I need (like a 16mm or 20mm post???)? I already have the d-nail carb cap and sic/quartz halos. Thanks.

10. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

The 20 mm post is what you need.... I believe you need the post that has the smaller center for the wraparounds.

mixchu69 likes this.
  11. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

Unless things have changed, when I originally ordered my WA setup, I got these two parts last October, plus the coil cover -

D-Nail Wrap-Around Post for 20mm Coils (3075)

Center Post Coil Nut (9174)

mixchu69 and invertedisdead like this.
  12. buddingglasshead

buddingglasshead Well-Known Member

Needs the 16mm coil nut purchased one recently.

The standard WA for the import dish has recently changed from the 16mm coil nut to the 20mm coil nut, but neither the 16mm or the 20mm D-nail use it.

specs from that page state it as well.

• Requires 16mm Coil Nut (sku 9174) I know it seems odd but we have to sell out our current stock

Center Post Coil Nut (9174) is now sold as the 16mm coil nut

Hogni, Vitolo and mixchu69 like this.
  13. mixchu69

mixchu69 Well-Known Member

14. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Is it a fact that the 16mm coil nut is just a sell out? Will the D-Nail WA get a 20mm post too?

15. NewVape420

NewVape420 Well-Known Member Company Rep

If you purchase the new WA with the 20mm post (3062), then you can use the same coil nut that you have with your current ShowerHead and do not need to purchase another.

Likewise if you purchased the older style WA (16mm post, 3073) then you would need to purchase the 16mm Coil nut to accompany it. See the WA (20mm Post) diagram below:

Hope this helps!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  16. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

If one were to purchase the SiC WA, would there be any reason to also pick up the quartz insert or pointless due to SiC being superior?

Also can anyone who's into convection dabbing compare how the experience is in comparison to the SiC? The highest level i've experienced is quartz, and while okay at lower temps, I feel that convection dabbing with hemp fiber wick is a much better experience.

17. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

Looking over d-nail's temperature calculator, the SiC beats the quartz halo out in dish temp compared to PID setting, you can go lower with the SiC than the quartz. After talking a lot about this very topic with @invertedisdead who does a lot more research than I do in this area, SiC is going to handle low temp conduction dabs far better than quartz and with an enail it should recover faster. I've been hitting between 525-580F after hearing @shredder running his SiC halo between 470-570F. Personally I find the effects a little weak on the low end, I've not gone below 500F. 550-560F seems to be a nice compromise in effects and flavor without much pooling. So, personally I wouldn't go with quartz but it could be fun to play with. Flavors from 500-525F are pretty damn impressive!

I do remember convection dabs tasting superior.

mixchu69, GreenHopper, Alexis and 4 others like this.
  18. muunch

muunch hotboxing the cockpit

Convection dabs even on the SS pad give a much "fuller" feeling taste profile (I could really really taste the mango in my green crack crumble this way) but dabbing off the dish gives me much heavier and fuller effects.

There's my non-science, 1 sentence summary after an evening of testing.

edit: also according to my hexnail, i run my WA with the dish just below 500 degrees. very nice flavor and effects, but convection is def better for taste as we already knew.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  19. Vapologist

Vapologist HamsterDAMAGED

Can you or @invertedisdead explain what this even means? Apples to apples, if both dishes are at the same temp how is one 'handling it better'? I kinda feel some of the perceived differences are psychological.

Maybe my taste buds are fried from too many nights with the Pan Licker Association, but I can't tell the difference. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong.

[​IMG]

20. NewVape420

NewVape420 Well-Known Member Company Rep

21. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

I think you could use lower temperatures with more complete vaporization with SiC then convection (air is not a great conductor). As far as flavors go, I do believe convection dabs are more of an uptemp style hit though from pulling the SH away and watching the extracts boil. I kind of question how much convection is even in a convection dab though, SS pads are quite conductive (many more times than quartz, for example) and the way the oil boils on it still seems like a lot of conduction to me. I still want to try a quartz insert in the bowl for hybrid convection uptemps.

I haven't found a convection medium I didn't feel was contributing its own flavors.

What do I know though, yesterday I was dabbing off a bubble cap as an impromptu nectar collector after watching too many episodes of Intervention.

Silicon carbide has a much greater conductivity than quartz (over 100x better)
    In practice that allows you to run lower temperatures, with more complete vaporization (less pooling)
    If you use SiC at the same temp as quartz, you're not really taking advantage of its thermal properties considering how it more effectively transfers heat.

22. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

I have been using my newly acquired vapes as well as revisiting some of my older classics!
    It's been a blast but.... Man have i missed my SH!!

Fired her up today, 638F and a nug pressed into an EQ bowl that fits inside the 18mm post from the PanHead, perfect for micro dosing! Although the nug was 0,1g...
    Take a hit, the best flavor in town!! Light clouds.
    Flip nug and repeat, sometime twice! great flavor and nice clouds!
    Remove and crumble and reload...
    Next few hits are seriously huge!! Not such great flavor but very acceptable!
    Sweating up a storm presently!! (i am only on hit two, so still a full nug...)

Continually impressed!!
    @NewVape710 Never thought i would LOVE Ti so much!!!
    You are missed around these parts!

23. steama

steama Well-Known Member

could not agree more

RalphsBlend, Alexis, Shrike and 6 others like this.
  24. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Well-Known Member

Cherry Cookies in the Flowerpot , listening to Oun P kill freestyles.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Click to play YouTube Video

25. Larrytargeteye

Larrytargeteye Vapin' stevens

Ok so i got my showerhead up and running yesterday!i havent dabbed yet off it but ive tried .05 hits up to .3 sized hits with flower and at first i was not impressed with the flavour(i think this was down to my weed though).i left my kit to heat through for half an hour before i used it as well.anyway today it tasted much better,do these things need to bed/break in a little bit or something?the showerhead is 100% a KO artist,ive never had a t-break in years now and .05 in this did give a me bit a of a hi but i need more than that and this bit of kit is going to serve me well for those higher doses.i hope i dont get anyones back up when i say this though....my ssv with the ddave mod kicks its backside in the flavour department(down to the glass airpath and ceramic heat source as well maybe?)AND in the not so important cloud department as well in my opinion so might still end up being my daily driver!!!ive not wasted any money though because the flowerpot is the boss of high doses and i like big fat bowl for bed so will be used daily.cant wait to dab off it!!! @Alexis thanks for the tagging tip/correction lol

Mr. Whitewall, steama, Hogni and 3 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors