Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

RalphsBlend

As for the double wave screens they fit between the bowl and the post?
Nope, they fit into a machined grove somewhere above the post in the bowl part, you just push them in until they seat. They will look like they don't fit initially but you just need to trust that they will and push it down into the bowl, and then do some gentle adjusting if this caused the screen to be not be flat anymore (I've found that during initial seating which I use my thumb for tends to make the screen bow downwards once seated, so I just push up from below a bit with whatever finger fits from below until it looks flat to the eye and stays that way when I remove finger pressure, it doesn't take too much). This ideally should be done before installing the post, but the post is removable by design so not a huge deal.

subway13029

Ok guys ive got the showerhead and the shower cap ordered and a few extras..but now i gotta buy a 20mm coil..im pretty sure that my controller accepts the dnail style pin readout..any others that have this pin readout? Or a way to test my existing one to find which one is power?

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Hex-Nail02 worked well with the wraparound for dabbing, but I did not use it with my showerhead at all for vaporizing flower.

I don't see a real benefit to that, especially since there are no tunings for the SH currently, and I don't really think vaporizing flower is as much of an exact science (not rly, but you know...) or delicate process as dabbing is so I'm fine with using whatever piece of junk box tells me that the temperature is something and it roughly correlates with my expectations. I may even pick up a junky ass dhgate one just to have as a backup.

Fuck that was a pointless rant with no real info but all I'm saying is I can't see any real benefit to using the HN for vaporizing herbs, at least until some updates are dropped that perhaps could offer something to the SH experience that a regular ole PID can't...

cheers
I've stopped following this thread because its way too active. I only use herb with my FlowerPot (SiC Dish), haven't even ran any real concentrates in this dish yet.

I also use the Hex-Nail, I have found consistent results when getting my nail temp to a specific zone. Coil can fluctuate through any temps as long as my nail reads around 540F I normally get the expected results. If I edge it to 555F, I will more often than not combust. I really enjoy the data from the Hex-Nail and the guaranteed consistency.

I have messed with the Flowerpot and Hex-Nail settings a lot, sadly things don't stick on restart right now and its not worth adjusting every turn on as coil mode is also consistent enough.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I guess I should have specified that I would love to own 2 HNs! However, I don't sneeze money (yet!) so priority for the HN goes to my dabs, sorry :)

I do find my cheapass controller pretty stable with the coil cover. I rarely see more than 3-5degree drops and it's always consistent for me. The logging is nice, but I could do the same with a piece of paper currently. There's no benefit to logging the HN stuff atm other than looking it. The data is also nice, but yeah... can't see a benefit? But it is nice.

I can see the benefit to glob mode and all that but yeah, sorry I wasn't more specific... I wasn't stating that I don't EVER see a point in it. I just meant, from my point of view, with my budget and current usage setup, I hadn't really consider getting a second HN just for my showerhead? idk

Sorry. I'm not bitching I just find it necessary to make myself clear all of a sudden. When I make stupid derpy comments they get passed over, but Cunningham's Law of course all these people gotta step in and quote me with rebuttals.

Last edited:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I'm bummin......my controller took a dump and wont work. Have to send back to NV tomorrow.

Has anyone else had one of the controllers stop working? My LCD will not come on but the heat button and power button do light up....but no heat.

@LabPong , @psychonaut is correct. My NewVape PID did die. Display went dead, lighted switch on the back still lit, but nothing on the front display, no EEEE with the coil disconnected and no temperature with the coil connected (no heat at the coil either). NewVape wanted me to send the PID, power cord and coil back (Coil has the handle). My gut told me it was the PID. As I do not want to be with out my FlowerPot EVER, I ordered a 20mm Coil Black Enail Bundle (9220). This bundle has a few more pieces than I required, but for only $5 more it seemed like the way to go.

The combo arrived recently and sure enough the new PID works with both the new and the old coil. I will be sending my original PID back to NewVape (RMA) and awaiting it's replacement. All said and done I will have two working PIDs, two working 20mm coils and as I have spare screens, two glass 18mm glass pieces and one 14mm glass piece (I also have the 14mm down stem for the adjustabowl) I will never eva be without my beloved FlowerPot due to one failure in my setup and I intend to keep it that way.

Now if I could just get through the fucking t-break I am on! Respect! -YaMon

Edit: BTW, I did email NewVape about coming out with a combo that included a PID, Coil and handle. I hope this is something they release soon!

Danksta

I would be very surprised if this has not been discussed before. If so, sorry to bore you.

When I take a flower pot hit I begin nice and slow until the vapor just begins to flow and then I speed up my draw to achieve my goal that I will call 'the vapor bloom' the point when everything rapidly milks out.
I was just wondering if others have noticed this vapor bloom or milk explosion, whatever a person wants to call it we all know what it is when it happens. When I hear a person speak of the flower pot not having a powerful enough hit (yes, I have heard this before) I have my doubts they have experienced what I am talking about. For me the vapor couldn't get any thickerer that I would possibly desire any more. Besides, after a couple hits like that most enthusiasts would be 'well done', as always, provided the herb was good.

:myday:

I notice the "bloom" when I'm in the 700s.

Draw technique is very important with this vape. People who are not getting big enough hits are not drawing right/haven't practiced enough :science:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Draw technique is very important with this vape.

This is why glass is really important.

I feel like the recycler I have does a really good job of providing a natural airflow limiter. I can only pull so hard before it kinda stops doing anything except making the water swirl around in the recycling portion more...

On the other hand, that 7in bubbler with the SoL perc from CCG is pretty much straight blast, and even though it's a tiny ass tube, I can't milk it since the airflow and vapor just whizzes thru it.

I'm expecting to have to change-up my technique today as my recycler has been delegated to HN+banger duty, and that new piece I posted a little back will be arriving today to be paired with my SH for flower hits...

Usually though, I keep a consistent draw speed of a medium rate and don't mess much with breath modulation when hitting my SH

hoyo77

As a complet fraggin noob to this, yall can expect a lot of questions from me when i get my kit in. First time glass owner/user...first time enail owner so i know this is probably not something for a complete beginner but i trust that you guys will help me get thru so that i can get the vapor that i truly desire and need in my life!!!

Justpassedu

As a complet fraggin noob to this, yall can expect a lot of questions from me when i get my kit in. First time glass owner/user...first time enail owner so i know this is probably not something for a complete beginner but i trust that you guys will help me get thru so that i can get the vapor that i truly desire and need in my life!!!
Not sure if you have already but definitely give this video a watch to get your self a bit familiar with everything and congrats, we are all here to help :

subway13029

I cannot seem to find a coil that matches my controller and im not playing the blind order game..im jist gonna buy rdk200 and their coil and i shouldnt have any worries..now i just need a bowl..ive got one but its an older style that sticks in the glass really bad..after that ill be ready to roll..

subway13029,
Reactions: Baron23

maxymods

I cannot seem to find a coil that matches my controller and im not playing the blind order game..im jist gonna buy rdk200 and their coil and i shouldnt have any worries..now i just need a bowl..ive got one but its an older style that sticks in the glass really bad..after that ill be ready to roll..
Any 20mm coil works if you buy one from where you got your controller.

Not sure if this is where to ask, but does anyone have any good recommendations for a bong they LOVE to use with the flowerpot? Thanks

maxymods,
Top Bottom