Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Was cleaning the parts recently...the ISO was behaving strangely around the SH. Really strangely. This vape has superpowers! The ISO level was higher than the outer rim, but concave in the dish, then MAJORLY convex above the holes. Makes NO sense to me.

pkWK3DY.jpg

Last edited:

Square4Life

So, I ran my Pan Head, 18 mm, direct in my 65 mm stemless can glass but up'd the temp to 700 F, the temp (or dang close) shown in NV's recent vid and to see if I could compensate for the 2.5 mm deeper bowl when compared to my SH OG.

Wow....it looked like I set the house on fire. .12 - .15 g loads, max and extraordinarily thick, dense, and voluminous vapor. Vapor as I was used to with my SH OG.

Now, for me....700 - 710 is hot. Heck, I only run my Liger w-SiC for shatter at 590 and my D-nail SiC Halo at 640 and that's dabbing (couple of them and I'm done).

In my sessions last night, my thought was that boy, that's a lot of very hot air I'm breathing in, but its really not THAT big a difference from other vape experiences and I'm sure I can drop that temp down to maybe 660-670 F and still get tremendous results.

We are indeed many and varied and as I have said before, I vape for sedation and pain relief primarily at night and I do tend to favor Louisville Slugger to the Forehead type sessions vice more sipping that some others favor. So, yeah....700 is hot, but wowzer was the vapor thick and the AVB perfect darkish brown.

So, that's that...I have a SH OG that I'm happy with (don't know how many more times I should say it for safety, but I don't care if it sticks, I use a drop down and the drop down makes a very handy handle for emptying the bowl) and now a Pan Head in 18 mm that I have gotten working very well.

Note, I don't dab off of either of them...flower only.

Take care, folks.
For those that find the 700f+ temps a bit warm...has anyone tried to cool their water with a bit of ice to compensate?

Square4Life,
Reactions: Danksta

Baron23

For those that find the 700f+ temps a bit warm...has anyone tried to cool their water with a bit of ice to compensate?
Oh, don't think I'd want to do that. It will just precipitate out more cannabinoids by condensation than otherwise.

Also, another thought on my post above....with Liger or D-nail I tend to use smaller, less diffusion pieces while the SH seems to enjoy this bigger can. Bigger glass and more diffusion from the perc than on my oil rigs = cooler vapor by the time it hits my mouth.

Baron23,
Reactions: ataxian

Square4Life

Oh, don't think I'd want to do that. It will just precipitate out more cannabinoids by condensation than otherwise.

Also, another thought on my post above....with Liger or D-nail I tend to use smaller, less diffusion pieces while the SH seems to enjoy this bigger can. Bigger glass and more diffusion from the perc than on my oil rigs = cooler vapor by the time it hits my mouth.
Very true, never thought about losing cannabinoids in the process. I've never liked having ice in my rigs BUT I also kind of like the 'bite' or 'punch' from a big hit. Plus, ice raises the water level throughout session which can be kind of annoying.

Square4Life,
Reactions: Baron23

Easywider

Simple is the way
I just had CCG Dbl SOL perk Flower Beast arrive yesterday. I'm really enjoying the larger can and the SOL perks. There's a nice chug to it and it milks thick n quick, allows me to take massive rips without dying. There's a noticeable flavour loss like 20-30% i'd say from my smaller rigs but its worth it for when you want to get where you're going as quick as possible.

squigger

I just had CCG Dbl SOL perk Flower Beast arrive yesterday. I'm really enjoying the larger can and the SOL perks. There's a nice chug to it and it milks thick n quick, allows me to take massive rips without dying. There's a noticeable flavour loss like 20-30% i'd say from my smaller rigs but its worth it for when you want to get where you're going as quick as possible.
Please make a video of you hitting flower through it with the flowerpot

And if anyone else gets the other new ccg seed of life rigs can you do vids for it

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Just picked up a Seed of Life 12" Sherlock Holmes last night.
kjIhGzFABHRf_9xR6dXzNcTd9uWzJc6aA686HhOznoPEPLNmI_tc0MBxqBdDySE4dEgT0goMxzcfI_FWSaJ0-W1oqCLWUVnlmXIl7vIeHwG2fBkjQPch6pmFgKPwReyFbfYrd2fqzBe_RRQ3EvSxexWjVfeeA49GUzRPsuxGV-w2bSvZq8Ypdy3tqZ_rhVkySNKF60cvotQz78ybw9q1q9dLkZaE6qgffJmBcMzaMM1F5CkxfLALY-U3-pW-L1-EXDlrdCVtpfXSxsEBp_vN9MJyBTBF_g5nE8r1jcX0hK1GNeQQqiN1T9N869HCDmOC-5kHOtneFNzD5l2pwmTy-hCFT-l0bEDnB4kk5jjg681K1s7GneUCSuNk-V4fgXefuYBHmjb0WT-K9gD0Nk2P2vXyBkotq-5qL1zrF2e7UvmZUNwwUV2oVGHBFi3uen9riA6D1EfvKBKS_cT-UqYF_u20J95f6yoeeqoXlgPLHSbyuVPlPRdxbXuDYi5vo4MECPI5XdFVrG7bQHa3TL6yjjdLQZU8quS59VtqvrShxk2ee_kXdGgE97RgKKhUexkVJoy0jJ6sV_ZwvGxwUHvoc-UYFq-8_lVhrUp487ylDT36mzE4GLAFnk7BqdTSs0E3JxVRxQqCOjnZ0YUFARRfhDwJiMTBEK0aug=w478-h637-no

This Lace perc is effortless to pull and has a huge can. Completely opposite of the incyclers. And its an 18mm joint and all my bowls are 14mm stubbies! reducer life or get a 18mm Panhead? Life's tough choices!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
kjIhGzFABHRf_9xR6dXzNcTd9uWzJc6aA686HhOznoPEPLNmI_tc0MBxqBdDySE4dEgT0goMxzcfI_FWSaJ0-W1oqCLWUVnlmXIl7vIeHwG2fBkjQPch6pmFgKPwReyFbfYrd2fqzBe_RRQ3EvSxexWjVfeeA49GUzRPsuxGV-w2bSvZq8Ypdy3tqZ_rhVkySNKF60cvotQz78ybw9q1q9dLkZaE6qgffJmBcMzaMM1F5CkxfLALY-U3-pW-L1-EXDlrdCVtpfXSxsEBp_vN9MJyBTBF_g5nE8r1jcX0hK1GNeQQqiN1T9N869HCDmOC-5kHOtneFNzD5l2pwmTy-hCFT-l0bEDnB4kk5jjg681K1s7GneUCSuNk-V4fgXefuYBHmjb0WT-K9gD0Nk2P2vXyBkotq-5qL1zrF2e7UvmZUNwwUV2oVGHBFi3uen9riA6D1EfvKBKS_cT-UqYF_u20J95f6yoeeqoXlgPLHSbyuVPlPRdxbXuDYi5vo4MECPI5XdFVrG7bQHa3TL6yjjdLQZU8quS59VtqvrShxk2ee_kXdGgE97RgKKhUexkVJoy0jJ6sV_ZwvGxwUHvoc-UYFq-8_lVhrUp487ylDT36mzE4GLAFnk7BqdTSs0E3JxVRxQqCOjnZ0YUFARRfhDwJiMTBEK0aug=w478-h637-no

This Lace perc is effortless to pull and has a huge can. Completely opposite of the incyclers. And its an 18mm joint and all my bowls are 14mm stubbies! reducer life or get a 18mm Panhead? Life's tough choices!

I bet those floorstanders make for some irie sessions :bowdown:

Morty

Hey Inverted, got a couple questions for you bro. How much did you use here, and did you heat soak this at all ?
Damn you guys are pretty convincing, I figured I better see if the FP could hang. Still would love to try this vape though!

It's not a matter of either or for me, I want both! The only thing holding me back on the FP SH is having to get a new controller box if I were to go this route. Plan on getting a RDK-300, but if I recall correctly, some were saying the Auber coil was loose & didn't fit right on the FP ? It would be nice not to need 2 controller boxes (plus the extra expenses) to use both vapes.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Hey Inverted, got a couple questions for you bro. How much did you use here, and did you heat soak this at all ?

It's not a matter of either or for me, I want both! The only thing holding me back on the FP SH is having to get a new controller box if I were to go this route. Plan on getting a RDK-300, but if I recall correctly, some were saying the Auber coil was loose & didn't fit right on the FP ? It would be nice not to need 2 controller boxes (plus the extra expenses) to use both vapes.

I probably used .1-.2g - I've never weighed though so not completely sure. There was still lots of room in the bowl.

No heat soaking ever from me other than sometimes I'll preheat the Showercap if I'm doing a low temp dab.

I'd love to try the GS to see if it tastes better. I think the FP flavor tastes great, but I'm open to being blown away! I feel like I'd only want to use it by myself so it stayed in one piece though, whereas the FP is a no brainer for sharing with groups.

I was originally going to get the Auber RDK300. I read that about the coil too, but I asked the same question in this thread and some said it worked great with their Flowerpots. The Auber seems nice, I just got lazy and ordered my whole setup from Newvape but I like the idea of the built in shutoff and the rotary encoder knob on the RDK 300. I figure by the time this cheap controller dies the market will have some really interesting devices. I think the Max Vapor nail looks sweet, that's one I have my eyes on.

Baron23

Plan on getting a RDK-300, but if I recall correctly, some were saying the Auber coil was loose & didn't fit right on the FP ? It would be nice not to need 2 controller boxes (plus the extra expenses) to use both vapes.

Morty, no coils are made to exactly fit whatever nail you are putting them on. If yo get one that fits your nail perfectly tight, this is pure coincidence. This is not a FP/Auber issue, IMO.

I run my FP with an Auber 20 mm coil as I will not buy into a proprietary mechanical interface (you may well chose differently without comment from me or anybody else) and its a four wrap coil like NV with an XLR and the defacto default pin outs.

Works fine...but yes, it helps pretty much all nails for the coil to be gently tightened and perhaps spread from top to bottom a bit if needed.

Justpassedu

The Lace Perc has been one of my favorites for some time now , you definitely made a great choice man. I got 2 Sol pieces and love them .
This is 1 of the more heady pieces i have from them :
and the other similar to the one you just got :

@steama ty ordered that piece you linked to try out , i needed a inexpensive travel piece - ty

Last edited:

Grifo

Rdk300 owner here my coil it's loose. I haven't tried it with the heat shield yet. The heat shield should arrive tomorrow. I added a flat washer months ago and it's worked fine since then. I wish auber made a dual controller.

Justpassedu

Rdk300 owner here my coil it's loose. I haven't tried it with the heat shield yet. The heat shield should arrive tomorrow. I added a flat washer months ago and it's worked fine since then. I wish auber made a dual controller.
Grifo have you tried taking a microfiber clothe and some pliers and squeezing the coil a drop to tighten in so it is not loose , if so give that a try. I had seen a member post awhile back a coil with 5 wraps instead of 3 or 4 , i'd like to try one of those if anyone remember's the link.

PandaLee

I just got lazy and ordered my whole setup from Newvape but I like the idea of the built in shutoff and the rotary encoder knob on the RDK 300. I figure by the time this cheap controller dies the market will have some really interesting devices. I think the Max Vapor nail looks sweet, that's one I have my eyes on.

Same here and got the Newvape controller. This has been my first foray into enail dabbing, but I haven't had any issues since Sept.

I'm currently pondering what to get next, as I want to add the showerhead with it's own coil. Either get another $85 one from Newvape, gift my current one and get a double controller. If I splurge on a fancy one, it would probably be the Hex-Nail...looks like you control it with your phone, so I could be even lazier (turn it one when I start thinking about it and then nail will be ready once I get to my rig)

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
The Lace Perc has been one of my favorites for some time now , you definitely made a great choice man. I got 2 Sol pieces and love them .
This is 1 of the more heady pieces i have from them :
and the other similar to the one you just got :

@steama ty ordered that piece you linked to try out , i needed a inexpensive travel piece - ty
That heady one is off the hook. You posted a video of it a not long ago and I thought then that it was one of the most impressive heady glass i seen. Personally, i never been a fan of heady glass but could see myself owning one of those. Didnt even know that one you had was a Seed of Life rig.

I went to the LHS yesterday to try a few percs, mainly Mobius Matrix, SOL perc and the Leisure 16 arm perc. The lace perc wasnt even on my radar.

I did try a Leisure 18mm Ribcage perc and that perc was actually easier to pull than the lace perc. I was temped to pick that up but it was fairly boring looking and over $100 more. I didnt like the way the Matrix pulled and most of the SOL were straight tubes. The owner wanted me to try the Lace perc and when i did, i was surprised how easy it was to pull and at under $250 compared to $500 for the Matrix or $400 for the Ribcage or $600 for the Toro.

If I splurge on a fancy one, it would probably be the Hex-Nail...looks like you control it with your phone, so I could be even lazier (turn it one when I start thinking about it and then nail will be ready once I get to my rig)

LOL talk about lazy, i picked up a wemo plug for my enail over the weekend. Now, I just say "Hey google, turn on downstairs" and her reply" Ok, turning on the enail"

Last edited:

Grifo

Grifo have you tried taking a microfiber clothe and some pliers and squeezing the coil a drop to tighten in so it is not loose , if so give that a try. I had seen a member post awhile back a coil with 5 wraps instead of 3 or 4 , i'd like to try one of those if anyone remember's the link.
I don't want to, I want all of the wraps touching. I believe said person complained of longer heat up times and drops in temp when being used. So far it's worked fine with the stainless steel washer.

Baron23

Thanks @Baron23. So your using your RDK-300 w/ the FP w/ no problems I take it. If that's the case, that's the way I think I'm gonna roll then.
That's correct. Look, controllers and coils are fairly agnostic to what they are being applied to. These are really repurposed industrial control devices. My Auber works well with my Liger, D-nail SiC Halo, and the FP.

Rdk300 owner here my coil it's loose.

Just tighten it, mate. Spread the coils gently with a flat blade screw driver if needed to ensure vertical coverage and then with a pliers (and something to protect the coil...either silicon jaw pliers or just use a rag, yeah?) gently tighten the coil diameter just a skosh...it generally doesn't take much.

Cheers

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Owner of both Auber rdk200 and the NewVape DHgate recommended controllers.

I've only had one 16mm Auber coil to compare with three or four DHgate NV approved 20mm ones.

The Auber did not fit as well as the DHgate ones. Like I say tho, I've only had one Auber to compare it all with.

Justpassedu

That heady one is off the hook. You posted a video of it a not long ago and I thought then that it was one of the most impressive heady glass i seen. Personally, i never been a fan of heady glass but could see myself owning one of those. Didnt even know that one you had was a Seed of Life rig.

I went to the LHS yesterday to try a few percs, mainly Mobius Matrix, SOL perc and the Leisure 16 arm perc. The lace perc wasnt even on my radar.

I did try a Leisure 18mm Ribcage perc and that perc was actually easier to pull than the lace perc. I was temped to pick that up but it was fairly boring looking and over $100 more. I didnt like the way the Matrix pulled and most of the SOL were straight tubes. The owner wanted me to try the Lace perc and when i did, i was surprised how easy it was to pull and at under $250 compared to $500 for the Matrix or $400 for the Ribcage or $600 for the Toro.

LOL talk about lazy, i picked up a wemo plug for my enail over the weekend. Now, I just say "Hey google, turn on downstairs" and her reply" Ok, turning on the enail"
Thanks man , i got the lace perc awhile back and was amazed at how smooth it was and the great diffusion it offered that it quickly became a favorite of mine and i was on the hunt for another Sol rig. I had spotted that limited edition mushroom perc rig for sale , 1 of 3 or 4 made and bargained with the seller for a year to let me purchase it. I have had the Mobius matrix and that was a really nice rig but the lace perc spoke to me more and i let the mobius go. Check out aqualabtechnologies online they have some really nice glass including mobius and Sol , the real heady glass is hard to get but there are a few. I may just hold on to that mushroom rig for life as it would be really hard to price it and find someone that would appreciate it and actually purchase it for what its worth , that was the main reason i had trouble purchasing it from the original owner. Selling glass 2nd hand is just tough. So what piece are you thinking of getting ? As for the Wemo plug i been using one since day one with the Fp and love it , started with just the app now i finally got around to linking it to alexa and ok google in the house and can just have it turn on automatically with my voice.

@Easywider please take some pics and a video for us , i think i have the same one on order , looking forward to it.

Baron23

Was cleaning the parts recently...the ISO was behaving strangely around the SH. Really strangely. This vape has superpowers! The ISO level was higher than the outer rim, but concave in the dish, then MAJORLY convex above the holes. Makes NO sense to me.

pkWK3DY.jpg
Surface tension will do interesting things, yeah? :-) Very cool photo you took of it too. Check these out...especially the Jaguar...look close and you can see that the water maintains its surface even as it goes over the cat's head.

A-jaguar-going-for-a-swim.jpg

main-qimg-bfb89b37f2760a05c6731f6115242a74-c

meniscus-support.jpg

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

pkWK3DY.jpg

Been meaning to say, I fucking love this photo.

As for the Wemo plug i been using one since day one with the Fp and love it , started with just the app now i finally got around to linking it to alexa and ok google in the house and can just have it turn on automatically with my voice.

You have a voice activated FP now? Thats amazing :)

Top Bottom