1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

NewVape FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by natural farmer, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Danksta

Danksta Well-Known Member

These microdoses are like taking small dabs IMO. Holy shit the taste is wonderful, zero popcorn, terps stuck up my nose, doe sit really get any better? I freaking love dabs so this is really hard to type and share LOL. Microdose flower loads are just so freaking incredible. :rockon::bowdown: FP

Hogni, emmdeemo, Justpassedu and 4 others like this.
  2. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

@NewVape710 - hi Edwyn, my Pan Head and bases arrived late this afternoon. Haven't used them yet, need to run out to dinner.

Included in my order was one each double weave Ti screen which I assume is your .78" dia screens, yeah?

Well, with very little work it fit in there quite well.....just needed a little work with a chop stick and it was in and its solid. I have not tried any .75 " screens in there yet.

I also note that the 'lip' on my legacy SH, that I thought was in there on purpose (but you said was a bit of an oversight), is not there on the pan head. It does have a groove that the screen fits in but I personally rather liked the lip as I thought it provide very good retention. My one thought is regarding how well a standard .75" screen will fit and I will try that later. Now, once again...I am nothing even close to being a machinist so my comment about the lack of the lip should be taken with a grain of salt. Its not a complaint, more just an observation.

However, did I miss where mentioned the bowl depth on the new pan head SH was going to be deeper? Quick measurements with a caliper and my existing SH's bowl depth is 9.75 mm and the new pan head is 12.25. 2.5 mm deeper???

I wasn't expecting any change in that part of the design.

Cheers

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 6:43 PM
  3. NewVape710

NewVape710 Seeking Higher Ground Manufacturer

the new bowl dimensions are .75 x .5 these were the dimensions of the og flat bottom bowls that people said they preferred. the lip was indeed left from removing the radius and adding the groove. your welcome to return any unused items that you don't want.

4. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

Are you fine grinding your microdose flower hits?

5. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Click to play YouTube Video

6. Square4Life

Square4Life Well-Known Member

I have tried a pretty fine grind to a chunky. The fine grind works best IMO. Immediate hits and full extraction. The chunkier the grind required taking the pax shovel tool and smashing the avb to finish it off with a 2nd hit.

I've been around 650f to 715f with .025 to .05. I find the closer to 700f, the better it works for that small of a load.

7. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Thank god I'm an atheist! Whew, completely crazy shit religion is. Now for a li'l shower head.

:rockon:

8. Grifo

Grifo Well-Known Member

Huh weird i get more high from my dabs than i do my flower. I will take a dab then vape flower the remainder of the session. I smoke more dabs at night when i want to go to sleep. But i primarily consume flower to keep my tolerance and a good lever.

Danksta, Justpassedu and steama like this.
  9. Shooby

Shooby Addicted to Flavor!

Same here. Tried solid nugs, lil nugs, two twist on the fine grinder and full fine grind to powder and i too prefer the fine grind powder the most. All the others require multiple tiny hits and using a dabber to stir the bowl or smash the bowl. Fine grind provided me the full rip at the lowest temps capped.

BTW, brought my Liger 30MM to my buddies to use with his Newvape controller and NV flat coil. With the NV controller and Flat coil, i had to turn the temp up to 665F to get the same hits I am getting using my MiniNail controller and MiniNail flat coil at 485F. I thought that was shocking. 180F difference. Talking about temps using different controllers and coils is nearly pointless.

mixchu69, Danksta, btka and 4 others like this.
  10. steama

steama Well-Known Member

When I want to experience maximum flavor and have time to 'work a nug' I love doing this. Other times when I just want to get high and be done with it, so I always have some fine grind ready to go.

I would say I fine grind about 80% more than I use whole nugs.

11. Shooby

Shooby Addicted to Flavor!

There are certain flowers i have come to love to vape as whole nugs. Mainly the sativas like super lemon haze of late. Its so tasty both fine and whole. I even mix the two. drop a nice lil nug in the middle and surround it with fine grind. Best of both worlds!!

12. WAM90

WAM90 Well-Known Member

I suspected this was the case..

Modnote: Edited to fix quote tags

Edit: Sorry! Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 8:55 PM
  13. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Thank you...I don't see any reason to return anything, but I appreciate the explanation of the bowl depth. I did not own a flat bottom OG so I have no opinion on the bowl depth yet. It was just an obvious change when looking at the two side by side.

Hope to give it all a try tomorrow.

Cheers

GreenHopper likes this.
  14. Silicon Advisor

Silicon Advisor Kamikaze in a Hopeless World

Would anyone else be totally down for a sweet NV titanium tamp tool? I know I would...:tup:

edit: well, https://www.newvape.com/dabber-flat-bottom-disk-2481

That should work...but maybe something a little wider at the bottom?

edit2: looking again, this is really more of a dabber, so yeah, something wider.

So yeah, a tamp. I stand by my original statement lol

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 11:24 PM
    WAM90, emmdeemo and buddingglasshead like this.
  15. emmdeemo

emmdeemo Never ever, bloody anything, ever.

Absolutely not :)

I wanna keep everything as free flowing as possible, baby! Commando!

I'm out there, Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!

Zow237 likes this.
  16. muunch

muunch hotboxing the cockpit

Really keen to hear how people like the rattlecan with this.

I've tried a bunch of different rigs and the d-cycler is by far my favorite. The flavor is the best of any rig I've used, and it delivers a very satisfying hit, since it's slightly harsher than the FC-186, after a nice hit from the d-cycler, I feel it. Not so much with the FC-186. It also has to do with the FC-186 suffering from honestly... TOO wide open of a draw. It's very nice for smooth, tasty hits, but it's not as tasty as the d-cycler, and I never feel as satisfied from a hit due to my lungs running out of air too quickly...?

The only downsides to the d-cycler are how fucking loud it is, and the fact that it is harsher than the FC-186, but you can still get silky smooth, tasty rips from it. I just like to feel the hits in my chest after. Idk.

The eggsosphere from NV is really nice too. My main complaint with that is that I have the stubby bowl and I have to wait for it to cool down to get out, and the ABV cakes to the screen. It's a pain in the dick to get a silicone band around there properly, since there's little space left after you put the head on. The 14+18mm bowl would be better for this probably.

Anyway, I just meant to give a short line of appreciate for the d-cycler and hope that the rattlecan is just as good if not better... and not ramble on... but meh

edit:

also, check what CCG just put up... thanks @Hogni

https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/ccg-11-11-new-product-bottom-filter-7-snowflake/406603861.html

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 11:45 PM
  17. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing that about the d-cycler. Very cool little rig. :tup:

psychonaut, emmdeemo and muunch like this.
  18. muunch

Yeah man, female bowls = no sticking too, totally smooth sailing with it. No particulate matter in the chamber with 1 errlectric double weave.

It's sweet. I've had it since just around when I got my FP and it's stood the test against every other rig I've had/tried since. Very solid piece.

Also I tagged @Hogni in an edit in my last post so I'll do it for real here

psychonaut, steama and emmdeemo like this.
  19. emmdeemo

emmdeemo Never ever, bloody anything, ever.

Sorry if I've missed them but have you posted videos of your d-cycler with the FP?

steama likes this.
  20. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

Finally cleaned my fp piecesand water pipe. Now looking forward to some super tasty session once again :) payday tomorrow, Ready to reup tomorrow. For me buds hve always treated me better. Everyone seems to get what I don't from concentrates. Their is something missing when I use trates. They just don't get me that high. I love everything about flower :)

psychonaut likes this.
  21. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

First of all I was testing the SH around the clock the last 2 days. Never have made such an intense testing with any device before and - I love the SH more and more. To each his own? With the SH for sure. It's so versatile and well performing overall it' can't nearly be that you don't find your sweet spot(s) It's a really awesome device!

@muunch thanks for you thanks but regarding CCG there is no reason.
    I was discussing with StevenLMZ79 about new items the last days:

1) Steven is now also producing laser cutted SOL percs. As I've heard from him today the mothership items will be offered with the SOL percs first. Recommended to do so also with the FC-186 as an option at least. They will probabely do so.

2) Steven will also produce for us the carbon adapter like this one:

[​IMG]

3) And Steven will produce the straight claisen for us which was no more offered at DHGate:

[​IMG]

IMO it's a phantastic claisen/reclaim catcher for the wider flat top pieces as the moebius sidecar or FC-UFO where nearly no other cheap downstem┬┤is suitable.

When all this stuff will be available I'll try to suggest production of different pluggabble mouthpieces. Yesterday I already did so but got as an answwer just a "thank you". We'll see.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 4:06 AM
    Prolusio, GreenHopper, steama and 4 others like this.
  22. muunch

I'll take a new one today. These are 2 months old. I just use a female bowl now, and not an adapter and a male bowl.

23. Danksta

Danksta Well-Known Member

Yes I fine grind them. I end up doing about 10+ of those before I decide to take a break. So my tolerance has increased but I still feel I'm getting a stronger high with the flower than the dabs. The dabs still work really great but I miss the full spec effects. Good to have both for this reason.

It was another night without dabs. I didn't plan on it. I just never had the thought that I wanted one. I was so baked from my FP session...:mmmm:

24. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

I woke up a little high this morning :hmm:

25. steama

steama Well-Known Member

This is a little off topic but has anyone else noticed how excellent the New Vape graphics are? @NewVape710 has one hell of a graphic artist working for him.

So here is a compliment to the New Vape graphic artist for great looking work. :nod:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors