Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Justpassedu

Hey my beloved family. I apologise for not being here and active on the forum for the past two weeks. I had a great trip to California followed by a trip to Kodiak island in Alaska for a bit of hunting for my birthday.

I wanted to share that I'll be taking another week off from the forum as I need some time to process the deaths of close family members two days apart from one another. I lost my grandmother unexpectedly last night and my cousin the day before. To tell you all the truth I'm in a fog, a fog that is somewhat reminiscent of war. I feel pretty numb right now and very tired.

Life is a beautiful and fleeting state. Embrace everyday is if it's you're birthday. Everyday spent breathing is a beautiful thing. Embrace every moment. Thanks to you all here that are in my prayers almost daily and to NV for adding to the sweetness that is this life that I love and passionately embrace so much. As always, God bless and cheers!:cheers:
So sorry man , my prayers are with you and your family. If you need to talk at all , please feel free to pm me anytime.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
@emmdeemo great videos above man. It is nice to see flower only clips where you can see the potential of the Flowerpot, when concentrates are added you are obviously going to get dense whitewalls, but your clips above show how well flower only works.

I am a bit confused by those temp charts- I mean, compared to most users, your style has been fairly low temp right? So to be at temos higher than ALL of the active compounds...

Surely that would be a less healthy and far less efficient method of ingestion? And you would be lacking the majority of medicinal benefits plus more benzene....that part is the only "bummer" on the chart actually- there ALWAYS has to be some little catch doesn't there?;)

And ironic that you also get other medicinal compounds at even higher temps than benzene starts.

So there must be more complex chemistry going on here, whereby the compounds are efficiently and healthily vaporized without being degraded or boiled off too quickly.

:mental:Not sure how to say it really. But temps that high have amazing effects but a bit wasteful in some ways at times, (boiling off so many lower temp actives too aggressively), and those are the maximum temps you would push a vaporizer to. It doesn't seem like you could get close to combustion there either?

I realise that in your videos above (which I really appreciated seeing how flower alone shines and how easily too) the bowl pre-heat is surely a factor. I wonder how much this approach would contribute to bowl sticking issues? Could be the only downside maybe?

All very interesting anyway:nod:, I will read though a lot of your reports when I have my own feel.:tup:

Right I must go back to bed, well hectic and bizarre day yesterday that began terribly, got worse and then ended in bliss! Hardly sleep time though, and vapcaps which was lovely at first, knowing that there might be a slightly better option to the Omnivap quite soon ;).

But I tire very quickly of the Vapcap due to the draw restriction. It just becomes hard work.
And takes focus and guesswork to dial in the healthier vapors consistently and still achieve fast extraction and big hits.

THIS is a huge aspect of the Flowerpot- its dialability! And your own experiments @emmdeemo are a demo of exactly that. Right, back to bed for a while- good morning!:zzz:

I'm just happy I've found a middle ground between bowls being all consumed in one hit, or having to work at it to get decent clouds on smaller loads at 'lower' temps.

I know with other vapes I can get acceptable clouds without killing the bowl down in one, even on small loads. If I could do it with the Daisy I had, no reason not to be able to do it with the FP, especially considering the extra control the FP has.

Now that I know the bowl either starting from cold or having been heated up in the last few minutes previously can make a big difference, I know why my results kept having an element of unpredictability.

Oh, and I didnt notice any difference in sticking bowls. I think for me thats a reclaim issue any way, so long as my bowl is slightly warm it'll come loose.

Considering all the testing I did yesterday, my lungs dont feel like it today. None of that usual 'searing' feeling I get the next day from having hit it too hard the previous day.

And I'm high as fuck!

Aggressively boiling off those terps is exactly it I think. No fear of that here :)

EDIT: I think its the Showerhead that sucks 20 degrees off the coil temp, so I'm pre-heating that too this evening :)

Hey my beloved family. I apologise for not being here and active on the forum for the past two weeks. I had a great trip to California followed by a trip to Kodiak island in Alaska for a bit of hunting for my birthday.

I wanted to share that I'll be taking another week off from the forum as I need some time to process the deaths of close family members two days apart from one another. I lost my grandmother unexpectedly last night and my cousin the day before. To tell you all the truth I'm in a fog, a fog that is somewhat reminiscent of war. I feel pretty numb right now and very tired.

Life is a beautiful and fleeting state. Embrace everyday is if it's you're birthday. Everyday spent breathing is a beautiful thing. Embrace every moment. Thanks to you all here that are in my prayers almost daily and to NV for adding to the sweetness that is this life that I love and passionately embrace so much. As always, God bless and cheers!:cheers:

Sorry for your losses. All the best to you and yours.

Also this the bowl handle gets crazy hot too.

Potential solutions - turn your temps down, dont leave the head on the bowl unless you are inhaling, let the bowl cool a few minutes between hits.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family!
We will all be blowing some healing FP clouds your way.

Likes2vape

I dont have a stand whats something i can get multiple of for cheap. Also this the bowl handle gets crazy hot too.

A soldering iron stand would work.

My condolences to you and yours. Sorry for your loss.

squigger

Potential solutions - turn your temps down, dont leave the head on the bowl unless you are inhaling, let the bowl cool a few minutes between hits.
A few minutes? is there something i can put on the handel? I guess i could just alwasy pick it up from the 14 to to 18mm glass adapter.

A soldering iron stand would work.

Which one they're all just metal spirals. do i just shove the bowl in there? I kinda want one with a metal base so its heavy and does flop over when i carry it all in this metal tray i have.

Also this vape really smells. Like a lot everytime i turn it on. Is this how it always is? Dosent smell like weed smells like something I've never smelled before and its really strong.

Square4Life

A few minutes? is there something i can put on the handel? I guess i could just alwasy pick it up from the 14 to to 18mm glass adapter.

Which one they're all just metal spirals. do i just shove the bowl in there? I kinda want one with a metal base so its heavy and does flop over when i carry it all in this metal tray i have.

Also this vape really smells. Like a lot everytime i turn it on. Is this how it always is? Dosent smell like weed smells like something I've never smelled before and its really strong.
SD02028-500.jpg

This is the style of soldering iron stand they are referring to I believe.

Not sure on the smell...maybe someone else can help ya. :)

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG

Absolutely, the newvape enail handle which is nearly a must have.

Get the Flowerpot tray & lid. Its a metal base with a stand for the flowerpot and has a lid to close instead of folding but close enough. Problem solved! lol

Smells like hot metal? My coils typically smell for the first 5 mins when turned on.

squigger

Get the Flowerpot tray & lid. Its a metal base with a stand for the flowerpot and has a lid to close instead of folding but close enough. Problem solved! lol

Smells like hot metal? My coils typically smell for the first 5 mins when turned on.
Yeah it smells right when I turn it on. What is that if its not off gassing?

How long are you leaving the heater on your bowl? I've never had a hot handle ever. Are you using the hemp wick or the silicone handle?

hemp wick handle. I just realized I left it on for a while that time. I've only used it 5 times so far.
SD02028-500.jpg

This is the style of soldering iron stand they are referring to I believe.

What is that style called? Link? All i see are spirals.

Is the shower head that much better then the sic dish? I am having a tiny bit of hot spotting but is the airflow much better?

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Nailed it. Pre heated bowl and showercap. 540f clouds are effortless. 0.3 killed in probably 4 pulls, heres three of em... Full extraction. No methods needed other than hitting it.

550f, Pre-heated

560f Pre-heated

I'd like to hear more about this so called "smell"
Anyone else experience this? Is it annoying?
I read something about it on Reddit a while back as well.
If it has to do with cheap coils or something, I'd like to know if there's one that doesn't smell.

No smell ever experienced here, on either the OGFP, wraparound, or SH, SC, LC, or any of the maybe 5 coils I've had. Not that means a huge amount, but its not something I've come across yet.

Last edited:

squigger

I'd like to hear more about this so called "smell"
Anyone else experience this? Is it annoying?
I read something about it on Reddit a while back as well.
If it has to do with cheap coils or something, I'd like to know if there's one that doesn't smell.

Edit: @squigger What controller are you using?

I got @Justpassedu's used high5 basic controller.

Where is the enail handle? is lt locked away in that bundel? I dont get how im supposed to hold this enail just by the little rubber covered metal part? I need some thermochromic paint that won't kill me on that handle.

Justpassedu

I got @Justpassedu's used high5 basic controller.

Where is the enail handle? is lt locked away in that bundel? I dont get how im supposed to hold this enail just by the little rubber covered metal part? I need some thermochromic paint that won't kill me on that handle.
That’s the oils from the coil burning off , that coil was brand new never used . The enail had been used a bit . How’s that encased coil working out ? I never had the chance to use it .

lazylathe

Almost there...

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Thanks, it was a really simple and cheap solution =) I am going to redo it as I made recess in the wood for the bowl holder a bit too big so it's really not serving the intended purpose. Yeah! More spots needed, I could drill a lil hole to put a doob tube in, turn it into a FP quiver =)

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Confirmed I think - Inhaling through a cold Showercap appears to fairly consistently drain approx 20 degrees from the controller.

Inhaling through the heated capped Showerhead on a cold bowl seems to drain a fairly consistent 5 to 10 degrees on the controller.

EDIT: Last one - 565f. 0.1g. Pre-heated Showercap and bowl. Almost all down in one. Fully repeatable with any draw speed :) Just a pure mouthful of flavour, amazing. There was one more really wispy draw after this. ABV finely toasted. Full extraction from the looks of things.

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Inhaling through the heated capped Showerhead on a cold bowl seems to drain a fairly consistent 5 to 10 degrees on the controller.
The problem I have is that I forget that I've been pre-heating the cap. A couple of minutes turns into 20 when I'm high and that fucker gets hot by the time I remember that I'm supposed to be getting (more) high. :doh:

#NVFPProblems

:peace:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
The problem I have is that I forget that I've been pre-heating the cap. A couple of minutes turns into 20 when I'm high and that fucker gets hot by the time I remember that I'm supposed to be getting (more) high. :doh:

#NVFPProblems

:peace:

Yup. Down at 540 to 560 tho, ya got more breathing room, along with having the long dabber attached, takes a while for the heat to get all the way down.

I'm still using the showercap tho, I dont know how this works with the new Ti cap.

juan

Hello my friends!

First I read about the NewVape FlowerPot at vapecritic, then I started reading this thread, and today I ordered the 240V controller from DHGate which is NVFP-approved, and a NVFP at Newvape's website.

Now the toughest challenge is ahead of me.... The waiting game! I can't wait til I receive the items and can try out this vaporizer. Peace out, fellas! :)

Oh, by the way, I noticed some people ordered titanium mesh screens from Errlectric. However, I noticed Newvape.com has 5 titanium screens for $5 meanwhile Errlectic sold 1 screen for $8. Does anyone know what is the difference between those two?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom