Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Hello gentlemen. I am still waiting for my showerhead to arrive but for these Europeans (Specially Spanish) who want to order I want to share that I have paid 51 € for the customs clearance in Spain doing the documents myself (if you dont have dniE you have to pay another 30€ in management) for a 253,52 $ order shipment included. It has been in customs since friday 22th september. Will update once I receive my awaited showerhead with the time it takes to arrive.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
The above post should be sticky or copy pasted since that question gets asked every page and that's the most succinct way to say it... it's just a matter of whether we can keep up with all the new stuff @NewVape710 makes!

edit: mf...

Basics you need:

Coil Controller

20mm Coil

Coil Handle

Bowl or Bowls that fit your particular glass

Stand (Now 4 to choose from, pick to suit your needs and tastes!)

If you are more interested in flower than concentrate, add:

20mm Shower Head Assembly

Shower Head Carb Cap ("ShowerCap")

If you mainly want to vape concentrates, add:

20mm "Regular" or "D-Nail" Ti Wrap-Around Head Assembly, depending on dish

Ti, SiC, or Quartz Dish (If you don't have a dish already)

Carb Cap ("LolliCap")

Make certain that when you are selecting either a ShowerHead or Wraparound head assemble, that you buy the ENTIRE ASSEMBLY... including the head, coil cover, and nut. Don't make a partial order, then find that you have to order more stuff in order to make it work! :o

If you want the absolute "best" experience all around, buy both setups... but reading this forum, you know that already! :D

Have fun! :)

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
I realized I actually don't need the entire kit that cost $600. If you guys could help, can you assist me with what I need in order to vape flowers and concentrates? There's so many things to choose from I don't know where to start. I just want the best experience with the best materials.

Basics you need:

Coil Controller
20mm Coil
Coil Handle
Bowl or Bowls that fit your particular glass
Stand (Now 4 to choose from, pick to suit your needs and tastes!)

After carting those items, you MUST go with one of these 2 "head" options, depending on your main intended use:

If you are more interested in flower than concentrate, add:

20mm Shower Head "Combo" (comes with Nut and Coil Cover)
Shower Head Carb Cap ("ShowerCap")

If you are more interested in concentrates than flowers, add:

20mm "Regular" or "D-Nail" (Depending on your Dish) Wrap-Around "Combo"
20mm Coil Cover
Ti, SiC, or Quartz Dish (If you don't have a dish already)
Carb Cap ("LolliCap")

Make certain that when you are selecting either a ShowerHead or Wraparound head assembly, that you buy the ENTIRE ASSEMBLY... including the head, coil cover, and nut. Don't make a partial order, then find later that you have to order more stuff in order to make it all work! :o

If you want the absolute "best" experience all around, buy both setups... but reading this forum, you know that already! :D

If buying just one of the two setups, you should be able to pick up everything you need for around $400-ish.

Have fun! :)

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
I've been wanting to add an e-nail to my setup and this thing looks like a MUST with an enail :)

So just to be sure, the showerhead is only for flowers and no dabs? Can I usel the wrap around sic 20mm and still do herbs like with the showerhead?

They look quite different and like the draw is more open in the showerhead, is it like that?

Likes2vape

I've been wanting to add an e-nail to my setup and this thing looks like a MUST with an enail :)

So just to be sure, the showerhead is only for flowers and no dabs? Can I usel the wrap around sic 20mm and still do herbs like with the showerhead?

They look quite different and like the draw is more open in the showerhead, is it like that?
You can dab from the showerhead but many people feel dabbing from a quartz dish or Sic dish is a better experience than dabbing from ti. Yes you must have an enail with barrel coil to use the flower pot or showerhead.

Chicken #420

You can dab just fine on the ShowerHead... but it's a Titanium dab... which some folks don't care for. I personally find the tale-end of Ti dabs to taste a bit like wet garbage... so it's not my favorite dabbing surface. I have both ShowerHead and Wraparound heads, and when I decide it's time for mass concentrates, I switch over to the Wraparound head with SiC dish.

And yes... ShowerHead draw is magnificently open... no resistance at all! :D

b0

Cloudy...
Thanks all of you guys!! I will probably go quartz or SiC then, never tried SiC. I always being dabbing with a quartz banger and small rigs/recycler.

What I was worried is that the showerhead could work BETTER for flowers and the other one weren't as good but if that's not the case I know what I want :)

Thanks again!! :bowdown:

Justpassedu

Thanks all of you guys!! I will probably go quartz or SiC then, never tried SiC. I always being dabbing with a quartz banger and small rigs/recycler.

What I was worried is that the showerhead could work BETTER for flowers and the other one weren't as good but if that's not the case I know what I want :)

b0 both work really well with flowers and concentrate , the Showerhead may have a bit better airflow but i personally use my Sic for the better taste when dabbing , I have both and have been going back and fourth between the 2 , I'd say i like them equally when it comes to flower and the Sic with the wrap around gets the edge from me only for the fact i enjoy dabbing off the Sic. I posted a few videos through the thread of me using both if you do a search. Also highly recommend the coil cover . Best of luck and welcome .

Chicken #420

The ShowerHead is definitely better for vaping flower. However...
Before the ShowerHead existed, I had the OG (non-wraparound) 20mm FlowerPot with SiC dish and no coil cover. When I used that setup, I found it hard to believe that ANYTHING could be so goddamned GREAT at vaporizing herb! I could have happily and blissfully ignorantly gone on using it forever, and had ZERO reason to complain or want something better.

ShowerHead is better for herb, but you'd have to buy and use one to really know it! If you don't yet know, stay uninformed and hold on to your cash! :D

My advice? If you are a first-time buyer who likes concentrates, buy the Wraparound SiC combo with coil cover... and be happy! :)

b0 both work really well with flowers and concentrate , the Showerhead may have a bit better airflow but i personally use my Sic for the better taste when dabbing , I have both and have been going back and fourth between the 2 , I'd say i like them equally when it comes to flower and the Sic with the wrap around gets the edge from me only for the fact i enjoy dabbing off the Sic. I posted a few videos through the thread of me using both if you do a search. Also highly recommend the coil cover . Best of luck and welcome .

This... My thoughts exactly. Truth-ey, for sure! :D

Last edited:

Justpassedu

The ShowerHead is definitely better for vaping flower. However...
Before the ShowerHead existed, I had the OG 20mm FlowerPot with SiC dish and no coil cover. When I used that setup, I found it hard to believe that ANYTHING could be so goddamned GREAT at vaporizing herb! I could have happily and blissfully ignorantly gone on using it forever, and had ZERO reason to complain or want something better.

ShowerHead is better for herb, but you'd have to buy and use one to really know it! If you don't yet know, stay uninformed and hold on to your cash! :D

My advice? If you are way into concentrates, buy the Wraparound SiC combo with coil cover... and be happy! :)

This. X1000. My thoughts exactly. Truth-ey... for sure! :D
Honestly i cant say one is better for flowers or not , i find after going back and fourth between the 2 that i like them equally , my hits are equally as dense and large using either the Sh or Wrap around , yeah the Sh has a bit better airflow but it's minuscule and hard for me to notice sometimes. I'm with you though also , i would have been so content with the og setup and NewVape just keeps upping the game. It's a great day and age to be vaping , especially using these products.

Chicken #420

Honestly i cant say one is better for flowers or not , i find after going back and fourth between the 2 that i like them equally , my hits are equally as dense and large using either the Sh or Wrap around , yeah the Sh has a bit better airflow but it's minuscule and hard for me to notice sometimes. I'm with you though also , i would have been so content with the og setup and NewVape just keeps upping the game. It's a great day and age to be vaping , especially using these products.

The thing I've noticed, also going back and forth between the two, is this:

The ShowerHead roasts the herb more evenly, no center "hot spot" in the bowl
The ShowerHead has less draw restriction
The ShowerHead can actually be used WITHOUT a carb cap, if you know how
The ShowerHead can extract the essence from herb with fewer draws

These all have some minor caveats... but overall I stand by the above.

As far as vapor quality goes, they are identical... though I find it easier to fill a larger pipe with vapor using the ShowerHead.

I would say that there definitely IS a difference, but whether it is worth the extra $$$ is another question altogether. I could go either way... I like my ShowerHead, but if I was "stuck" with only the SiC Wraparound with Coil Cover, I would be just fine and would not find myself wanting for something better. ;)

Last edited:

Justpassedu

The thing I've noticed, also going back and forth between the two, is this:

The ShowerHead roasts the herb more evenly, no center "hot spot" in the bowl.
The ShowerHead has less draw restriction
The ShowerHead can actually be used WITHOUT a carb cap, if you know how
The ShowerHead can extract the essence from herb with fewer draws

As far as vapor quality goes, they are identical... though I find it easier to fill a larger pipe with vapor using the ShowerHead.

I would say that there definitely IS a difference, but whether it is worth the extra $$$ is another question altogether. I could go either way... I like my ShowerHead, but if I was "stuck" with only the SiC Wraparound with Coil Cover, I would be just fine and would not find myself wanting for something better. ;)
Fair , but i will say i do not get a hot spot using my wrap around , i did with my og set up , this could possibly be a few things , the coil cover helping or maybe even the fact i use a stainless screen now that is somewhat in a bowl type shape in the bowl where as my original just sat in there flat. Who knows but i respect what your saying buddy.

anasrzi

Fair , but i will say i do not get a hot spot using my wrap around , i did with my og set up , this could possibly be a few things , the coil cover helping or maybe even the fact i use a stainless screen now that is somewhat in a bowl type shape in the bowl where as my original just sat in there flat. Who knows but i respect what your saying buddy.

I agree I don't get a hot spot in my bowl using the flowerpot 16mm wrap round and a SiC dish on top. Coil cover does help too. Will be blasting off later this week at 640f as you've suggested @Justpassedu got to get these temps and flavour nailed down hard :nod:.

Chicken #420

My current settings and observations:

I've been running the 20mm SiC Wraparound W/Coil Cover at the iconic 710 for dabs, and typically 625 to 675 for flowers depending on strain and mood. Up around 660 or so, the center hot spot starts becoming much more noticeable in the bowl... with higher contrast "darkness" appearing more in the center half of the bowl area than the outer edge. This is less noticeable with lower temps, and does not happen at all with the ShowerHead.

I am using Titanium flat screens, the cheaper Amazon "Beamer" screens, not the Errlectric double weave ones. They sit flat in the bowls, I do not curve them. I also use a degummed hemp fiber particle trap between the bowl and pipe, to keep things clean.

One thing I've noticed time and time again... the female 14mm/18mm bowl is not as prone to sticking and locking the tapers as the male bowls are. If you want to constantly remove and replace your bowl from the glass you are using, I would personally opt for a female FlowerPot bowl... even if you need an extra adapter piece between it and the glass. It's just that much easier... at least in my experience.

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Trying to find a sweet spot for both oil and herb is tricky without sacrificing flavour.
I've been struggling with this since I got it. I have to go too high and sacrifice flower flavor to get the dish hot enough for dabs, the abv comes out much darker than I'd like that way. I'm always jealous of all the other posters it seems to work for, great flavor by themselves though.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I've been struggling with this since I got it.

Do you have the coil cover? Using the OGFP or showerhead?

Coil cover helps an asston. At first, I would set my coil to 100degrees over where I wanted it, then let it heat up and chill there, then drop it to my desired temp before starting use. Now I don't do that cos it just works great when I leave it at 640.

Dabs take a little longer to clear, but the Ti surface doesn't help that any. I don't mind the taste is good enough and I don't have to touch anything. Just the way I like it.

Justpassedu

I agree I don't get a hot spot in my bowl using the flowerpot 16mm wrap round and a SiC dish on top. Coil cover does help too. Will be blasting off later this week at 640f as you've suggested @Justpassedu got to get these temps and flavour nailed down hard :nod:.
I think so much can play a roll in even browning . @StormyPinkness also. Temps , glass/perc , grind consistency , airflow when taking a hit and what i notice allot is inconsistency in coils being used. Some have 3 wraps , some 4 , some don't hug the Fp tightly , some do . I have experimented with using around 4 or 5 different coils from different companies , i found newvapes to be spot on and also even purchased one off ebay for $25 that happened to be perfect as well. anasrzi 640F has been the happy medium i found for using my Fp with both flower and concentrate and double deckers , i think you should enjoy it , you could probably go even lower but i found this temp to be perfect for me and it's my go to. If i have friends by and multiple users sometimes i'll crank it up to 674F just because so many back to back hits are being taken.

anasrzi

We will get there @StormyPinkness with some further testing I do think around that 640-650f is about right for both worlds. Have no doubt the coil cover is working its magic keeping the temps neatly @Justpassedu my coil is tight against the stem with four coils present, i carb cap all my herb hits and find rotating the carb cap (dnail V2) on top of the SiC dish helps "spin" the air flow as the carb cap hole is angled so I don't get a hot spot to overall.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Despite everyone's help i am still confused as to what i need. I use mostly dry herb, but also use concentrates. Please help explain this to me again like i am a 5 year old or could someone screenshot their cart before a purchase? Thanks. Cheers.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Do you have the coil cover? Using the OGFP or showerhead?

Coil cover helps an asston. At first, I would set my coil to 100degrees over where I wanted it, then let it heat up and chill there, then drop it to my desired temp before starting use. Now I don't do that cos it just works great when I leave it at 640.

Dabs take a little longer to clear, but the Ti surface doesn't help that any. I don't mind the taste is good enough and I don't have to touch anything. Just the way I like it.
I have the 20mm OGFP without the coil cover. I keep thinking about buying the d-nail wrap-around and coil cover, but I just bought my current one in August and I don't want to replace it already. I was also thinking of just trying the coil cover.

I'll try setting it higher then lowering it, thanks.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
One thing I've noticed time and time again... the female 14mm/18mm bowl is not as prone to sticking and locking the tapers as the male bowls are. If you want to constantly remove and replace your bowl from the glass you are using, I would personally opt for a female FlowerPot bowl... even if you need an extra adapter piece between it and the glass. It's just that much easier... at least in my experience.

I'll maybe buy a female bowl later, but can confirm my male bowl gets stuck almost every time. I'm using it in my FC-UFO with no adapter and I think the weight of the head pushing the body into the joint causes it to get stuck.

Of course, I broke my new handle like a dumbass the first day it arrived, but it wasn't the new one.

I ordered a silicone sport ring off amazon like someone suggested and will be trying that instead, since I try to remove the body after every hit now, since I like not using adapters and making it taller... With the stock FC-UFO mouthpiece, I can see into the Ti dish when applying a dab, which I could NOT when using my d-cycler, and it's greatly appreciated.

I'll let everyone know how the sport ring works out. I had a rubber-band around it before which sorta kinda worked, but I got really worried it'd melt lol

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I have the 20mm OGFP without the coil cover. I keep thinking about buying the d-nail wrap-around and coil cover, but I just bought my current one in August and I don't want to replace it already. I was also thinking of just trying the coil cover.

I'll try setting it higher then lowering it, thanks.

The wraparound and coil cover certainly made a difference. If you want a cheap 'upgrade' tho, just the coil cover could really help as it means the dish is fully sitting on a heated part of the nail.

Have you tried a basket screen? Having the flower further away from the heat means being able to up the temps on the dish.

Top Bottom