NewFC question: one or the other or both

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I’d like to know if members are thinking they will post to both FC and NewFC or jump ship and begin only posting to the NewFC?

The Stray Fox,
Reactions: 1nd3cEnt

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I’d like to know if members are thinking they will post to both FC and NewFC or jump ship and begin only posting to the NewFC?

As long as the threads are open here, go ahead and post. Just be aware that we will soon be closing threads here with a redirect to NewFC.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
If there is no way to migrate contents, logic would suggest sooner we move to the new platform the better, or am I missing something?

Andreaerdna,

ginolicious

Yes. There are changes that we all need to get use to. But the mods did a great thing. We could potentially lose the community forever. They have ensured it will never die.

yeah. The post count sucks. I been a member since 2015 and I have over 2,000 posts. I contributed a lot of content. Especially in the haze square thread. It is what it is. But the alternative of no community really sucks. So I appreciate everything that was done.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
FWIW there's been discussion of the how everything is being backed up by some folks in that announcement thread. The real question is however to make it publicly accessible again or uploaded in integrated into the new site...

Anyway I am splitting my time between both for now, but we can all help by spreading the word about moving over to the new site. And we can all help moving over our favorite discussion threads, there's even already a contest going!

There's a fresh askFC section there too...

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I dont mind posting at both places for a while ,but unless vtac pops out of the woodwork to bite the bullet heading towards FC,very soon we will not be able to .

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I'm going exclusively to the new site. This place will be a ghost town soon enough.

Magic9,

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
As long as the threads are open here, go ahead and post. Just be aware that we will soon be closing threads here with a redirect to NewFC.

I was in the Nomad thread on NFC and observed that there are very few postings there at this point as the bulk of the posts are still on FC.

Will some of the more important/informative Nomad posts be moved from FC over to NFC by someone?

For instance, one member had posted a bunch of imgur links (Dan Morrison's creations) on FC that contain a great deal of useful info regarding things like the operation and maintenance of the Nomad, among a myriad of other helpful imgur posts.

If they are not migrated will they no longer be accessible after FC expires/closes? Or will they still be accessible in an archive somewhere?

Thanks!

Fat Freddy,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
For one the colour code of the old fc is easier on the eyes !

I don't know what style you're using, but if you're using the default FC style then the closest is Shades of Grey (Cream accent). If you're using one of the FC Soft styles, the the Xenforo default on NewFC will be the closest.

pakalolo,
Top Bottom