1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

New York State Medical Marijuana - Update

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by newVaper420, Jul 11, 2018.

1. newVaper420

newVaper420 Vapor Enthusiast

Hey everyone,
    Just felt I would throw this out there for anyone looking for information on NYS Medical Marijuana program.

News Flash. It still sucks.

No flowers. Only oil carts, tinctures, and pills. Supposed tablets and lotions are coming, haven't seen them yet.

$225 for 850mg Oil Cart at one dispensary

$100 for 250mg Oil Cart at another dispensary.

We have 10 companies now, each with 4 dispensaries. 4 of the companies are not open still.

It's crazy. I still get my medical card, but I haven't been to the legal dispensary in over a year.

srama21 and Jill NYC like this.
  2. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

NY states overall approach to pot has always been fucked. So there is no surprise they are messing up with their current attempt at medical marijuana. On the up side many local and county governments have better things to do with their resources than chase users, so the "black market" and individual growers are thriving. In the end the state will cash in on the market when that move comes with minimal political baggage.

3. newVaper420

Agreed. Cuomo already issued a "study" and they said they recommended legalization. We just need looser rules for the medical community.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/18/nyregion/new-york-marijuana-legalization.html

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    srama21 likes this.
  4. YaMon

YaMon Vaping since 2010

Cuomo only had the study done to hep with votes in this election year. Same reason he sent state resources to Puerto Rico. It's all about the votes. Fuck Cuomo!

5. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Notorious

Yeah, it's not a real thing, it's an attempt to make it look there is medical marijuana, but make it unviable for patients. It's very intentional. Lip service only.

YaMon, newVaper420 and howie105 like this.
  6. sweetvapor12

sweetvapor12 Well-Known Member

Been saying this for years, nothing is really going to change until Cuomo is out of office. iirc next election is in nov, make sure to vote for someone who wants to see legalization and medical expansion.

YaMon and newVaper420 like this.
  7. newVaper420

Cynthia Nixon. But I doubt she will win. She already lost the democratic primary.

He's gonna win again. And I completely agree with you.

YaMon likes this.
  8. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Fuck, that's expensive, eh? Is this high THC product or the crap they are foisting off on a lot of people in FL?

newVaper420 likes this.
  9. newVaper420

20:1 THC:CBD pure oil Vaporizer Cartridge. Each 2 second Inhalation Contains ~2.8mg THC. Each Cartridge contains ~300 inhalations, ~850mg THC.

It’s probably also mixed with MCT.

Baron23 likes this.
  10. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

@newVaper420

2.8 mg per draw, 300 draws = 840 mg of THC in an 850 mg cart = 98.8%

Really?

newVaper420 likes this.
  11. stroonz

stroonz Abiding Dude

Yeah, besides the prices I am not happy with the quality of the product at all. I've been thru two dispensaries. Sometimes I'm wondering if it's real cannabis. The smell and taste are at times bordering on unpleasant. Why? What are they doing to it? I know that these dispensary companies have some heavy regulations to hurdle over and they're not making money. So, are they watering down the product.? If it's legalized in NYS, I get the feeling that the selection of products will not differ,

looney2nz and newVaper420 like this.
  12. newVaper420

Yes. The rest is CBD. They have to have CBD in the product as well.

They mix it with MCT.

I disagree. I think if we legalize it we will have better options, specifically
    herbal cannabis.

NYS is going to hold a series of listening sessions about legalizing. I’m going to the one in the Bronx. I’ll be sure to voice my displeasure over the medical program, related to costs, quality, and restrictions of products. Also, I’ll voice my support for home grow.

Anyhow, yeah, the taste is definitely not super great, the selection is lacking to the max, and the cost is too damn high. I just got my card renewed but only for the legal protections it affords.

Also, with NJ and CT legalizing as well (NJ sooner then CT).... we will have a wide range of options.

——

Also, Massachusetts legal prices are looking like $360 an ounce for right now.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  13. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Notorious

It's almost like it was designed to fail...
    I'm glad to hear you'll be voicing concerns, gotta fight for the cause.

14. newVaper420

Absolutely was designed to fail. Cuomo no likey.

He pushed legalization off to his health commissioner. They resoundingly said, yes let's legalize it.

Now, the trick is, to get them to fix the medical program pronto, so the legalization has a head start.

Jill NYC and Diggy Smalls like this.
  15. Jimmyweaese

Jimmyweaese Well-Known Member

Way more expensive compared toMn.Same company. But that's their business. Pretty happy with oil from Mn programs. But even in Its still to expensive.

16. Jimmyweaese

I'm in Mn. Look up the prices in Mn.for Viteo.Pre filled vape pen 50 inc.the discount. For .5 ml. And God it's way overpriced here. Its very good. But it should be cheaper.

BornAgainSteama and newVaper420 like this.
  17. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

Minnesota example from MN Medical Solutions:
    1250 mg solution---
    Red Extra Strength Oral Solution, 25mL Bottle
    $238.00

Leafline Labs has 1200 mg solution for $229.

We may have medical cannabis program here but few can afford it :(

BornAgainSteama likes this.
  18. newVaper420

Yeap same boat here.

BornAgainSteama likes this.
  19. BornAgainSteama

BornAgainSteama I'm proud to be a stoner, yes I am.

Maybe a form of economic prohibition? When states price access out of reach for most people.

MinnBobber likes this.
  20. newVaper420

Rhode Island is dope! They take out of state patients. Some good deals to be had. $28 an eighth.

Helios likes this.
  21. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

Anyone know the “logic” behind not allowing the sales of flowers in NY?

Helios likes this.
  22. newVaper420

Logic is they spent so much curtailing people from smoking cigarettes and the dangers of smoking, they don’t want people smoking anything, including cannabis.

However, I call bullshit on that, since they have pharmacists on site who can train a person how to use a vaporizer and let a person decide themself.

Also, frankly, they should have usable vaporizers on site for patients.

Rhode Island has some great flowers.

Jill NYC likes this.
  23. Jimmyweaese

Probably law enforcement sticking thier heads in where they dont belong. It's what happened in Minnesota. Same company in Mn as N Y. Vireo.im in Mn and I'm damn glad we dont have your prices. I mean really almost twice as much as Mn. A hundred dollar vape pen with .5 ml of oil.Mn price for red is $50 with my discount.Still to f in much.

24. Jimmyweaese

Our Gov elect said it's time for Mn to legalize. I just hope as soon as he can.our state is so so far behind the curve it sucks.
    As far as medical marijuana. 8 dispensaries 8 for whole state that's f ucked.
    I hope mn gets legal first.And governor is honest. Walz is pretty on the ball

newVaper420 and MinnBobber like this.
  25. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

.........................................................................................
    I just met Gov-elect Walz at the Vets Day celebration---shook his hand and asked if he'd like to hear the one thing vets need the most IMO. He said he would..... full legal cannabis and he said 100% yes, absolutely supports this .
    Getting it done is another story, hope he can make it happen !!!!!

MN has a horrible medical cannabis program. Nothing in it is in the best interests of the patients, EXCEPT they got the name right, cannabis instead of marijuana. The program itself is a total piece of crap

newVaper420 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors