• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

New vaporizer after 4 years of MFLB

mecker

Hey guys

I've been lurking the forum for some years now and recently been asking questions and reading a lot more to evaluate my options.

I've owned and MFLB for about 4 years now and have finally decided to invest in something more powerful.

What I love about the MFLB should also help me in my new purchase..
I love the fact I can just put it down without it wasting any herbs, picking it up later to continue my session. I also like the lengthy sessions it provides me all the while helping me conserve my weed. Its stealth is also good

What I dislike about it is the batteries, the fact it doesn't produce any clouds and the long time it takes to get me high.

I'm prepared to spend 200euros tops and that restricts my search a little. I’m a much undecided person and I kinda expect perfection which doesn’t help making a decision.

I still haven’t even decided if I’m going desktop or portable.
I’ve been looking at the DBV, the EQ, the AIR, the Solo and the VapirRise between many others.

I need my new vaporizer to have big hit capability (without losing efficiency), long sessions, hands-free or hassle-free vaporization (I don’t wanna have to stir stir stir…)
I don’t mind harsher hits I actually welcome them since it may help kill my itch to combust.

I’ve tried to stop combusting a couple of times since I bought the MFLB but always end up coming back. At the moment I’m on a month and a half combustion hiatus but I need something better than the MFLB to keep it going.

What do you guys think?

P.s.: I’m also considering buying a power adapter for the mflb and just call it a day (sounds like a good wallet option)

P.s.2: Sorry for the long post

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Firewood 3. I started with an MFLB and within 4 weeks I new I could not commit to vaping with the MFLB only for long term. I ended up getting the ESV which fully converted me quickly. I would recommend the same but it is out of your price range. I don't think the power adapter will satisfy you even though the MFLB is great, it takes a bit more effort/technique to get great hits. I think the Firewood 3 ticks all your buttons and being that it is convection heating you will likely find it easier to transition from combusting to vaping.

The Firewood 3 is made in the USA, however it does ship internationally as we have a couple members from abroad that already have had theirs for some time now. Check out the Firewood 3 thread in the portables section of the Forum and start reading backwards basically about 5-10 pages and you will find lots of great pictures, advice, user reviews and even some cloudy videos!

mudshark

Vaporist
Others have stated that the big bowl on the DBV makes it difficult to conserve, but there is a DDAVE mod that allows you to make smaller loads while still providing big hits.

If conservation of material is a priority along with bigger hits, a log vape (Underdog, HI, E-Nano) is recommended.

Edited to add: Unfortunately, not all US based log vape manufacturers ship their product overseas.

Last edited:

mecker

Thanks for all the replies!

@VapourHaze I hadn't considered butane vaps because they don't sound hassle-free.

@nosmoking I can't find the firewood anywhere. I'm from Portugal and I wanna savemoney so it won't be easy to find some of the "rarer" vaps.

@Hashtag46&2 The DBV is one of the favorites so far, I've already talked with Herb-nerd and am currently waiting on a reply. I still have my doubts tho.. I wonder if it's hassle-free enough for me and I've also read that it's somewhat "old".

@mudshark I've read wonders about both the Underdog and the E-nano but I have a difficult time finding them in the stores I'm currently searching.

Please consider there's the duality of wanting the best for me but also at a cheap price. I'm not considering buying any glass or mods for a while (at least until after I finish college). I'm considering getting an Air but I'm afraid it'll still lack in big hit oohmpf. Anyone tried both the MFLB and the Air?

I hadn't considered any water cooled vapor but I may consider buying a simple GONG. I've got this bong.. can anybody tell if it's appropriate?

P.s.: Bong link ( http://www.smoketown-headshop.de/bilder/produkte/gross/30cm-Dude-Bong-im-Alukoffer_b2.jpg )

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
The technology and simplicity of the DBV is "old"...

However, it still remains at the top of the "Most Popular Vaporizers " in nearly every Vaporizer on line menu.

It has stood the test of time.

I love it so much for the price, I have two units.

Once you dial in your technique, you can pull huge clouds, or small sips and everything in between.

You can get medicated as quickly as a snap of the finger, or take a slow drive through flavor country to reach your destination.

It is very hassle free..
I happen to have severe arthritis , and my nerves are shot..
So, I'm fragile and shaky..

No problem at all.

Hands free, pull your wand out if you want to continue your session later.

Take care of your DBV, and she will serve you many years of vapor glory.

One unit is 3 years old, running like a champ.

And the newest one is 8 months old..

The only way I can tell the difference is the glass, and different heater stand.
Edit....

The hose that comes stock, will fit perfectly in the 14mm downstem, no mod needed.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
If you want big hits for long sessions then you probably need a plug in vaporizer. That is what they are designed to do!

My number one recommendation would be the e-nano log vape. You can arrange a price for shipping with the owner at epicvape.com. Who else thinks they're great? Look at the number of posts in the Plug-in Vaporizers: E-nano thread.

If you're set on a whip-style vape like the DBV, then consider the Vapor Brothers hands-free whip. Top quality heater and parts, a legend in its time. Not as efficient as the e-nano. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Solo you have a portable as well as a desk top. It has great vapor flavor and it doesn't cost a lot. It's very easy to use once you charge up the battery. In the beginning the battery will last over 2 hours.

It's a very versatile unit that can be used many ways. Planetvape sells several different mouthpieces and GonGs, it's fun to switch things around. It will last the own many years. It's very sturdy and I always refer to it as a tank. It's only about the size of a can of Red Bull but don't let the small size fool you. A very good vaporizer, you really get your money's worth and more.

What about a log vape such as the Enano. That's a flavor maker too.

mecker

I'm inclined to buy from a European Retailer/Shop because I'm afraid of the customs pushing the final price up and other complications.

I love the Solo and the only reason I haven't ordered it yet is cause of the whole "unreplaceable" battery when compared to the Air. I love the fact people say it's like a portable desktop due to it's power, efficiency and build and the price is a big plus.

HD Springer

I've never used a solo and regret that. But for the money and the fact many many people say the solo has a "signature" to it that beats most other vapes. Especially in the price range your discussing. I'm not sure it can be beat. So +1 for the solo for your needs.

Edit: I might be wrong but I believe the solo can be used while charging.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I never underestimated fire!

It just seems a little counterproductive, since I'm trying to quit combustion for good, to go for something that uses a lighter.
I do like the reviews on how they "kick"

I agree with @hafalump too. It is a slightly different direction than the e-nano, but a Lotus cap would give you some serious rips once you got used to using the torch. You also get great flavor, efficiency, instant use (you start vaping once you click the torch), and a good price. Butane never comes in contact with your mouth. Heck, you don't even need the whole vape, just a cap and the metal wpa gong for around $100 and you'll be nailing the waterpipe like this:

little maggie

I think a log vape meets all your requirements but not sure which ones ship to Europe. I don't think Underdogs do. No one has mentioned one of my favorite vapes: Haze 3. It's simple to use, great with or without water, you can switch from one side to another for a long session as well as prepack the containers. The battery lasts a long time plus as soon as 1 runs out you can switch it with another that's been charging. They have a very long warranty and repairs are super quick. And you can get the strength you want by changing the temperature. Also for sale in Europe.
Also firewood someone mentioned is simple, inexpensive and good.

horst

horsed
Hi mecker,

to make it short, i would also suggest trying out the Solo or Air if you want to stay portable.

Maybe it is easier not to replace the MFLB but to complement it. The MFLB is still a very nice vape with unique strengths others will hardly ever beat all at once. It is a conduction based vape, therefor I would recommend a convection based vape to get a really different sensation from vaping. And in this ballpark, if you need to stay portable, the Solo and Air are very strong and reliable performers.
But changing from convection to conduction has some downsides you should be aware of, they nearly all need some heat up time until they are ready to hit. Upside is they can hit you like a truck with just one hit if you want to, simply just put in as much as you want at once.
Also they are very hassle free. After filling and heating up you simply enjoy hitting them however you like. But due to the heatup thing it is not as easy to hide the device after a single stealth sip, thats a strength of the MFLB and other conducting vapes.

I chose the Crafty as my favorite convection based vape, is it slightly stealthier, slightly easier to handle and slightly cooler as the Solo/Air, but also slightly above your budget. :D
I like to compare the MFLB experince to smoking a joint, stretching the sessions as long as I like, simply refire to rejoy.
Convection based vapes are more like hitting a pipe/bong, strong hits in short sessions, after the session the next has to be prepared.

Have fun finding your perfect device, but remember your coming from a legendary device already. :bowdown:

CarolKing

Someone mentioned that a log vape such as the Enano has to be used as a one hitter.

I use mine as a session vaporizer. My sessions are usually 10 to 15 min. I still have flavor towards the end of my session. When the flavor is gone, I'm done.

That's one of the things I like about my nano it can be used as a one hitter or a session vaporizer. Just sit back and relax maybe a stir about half way through your session.

Read through some of the threads of the units you are thinking about and jump in. No more having to insert your battery every time you want to take a draw. That's what I didn't like about the Launch Box. I like to relax when I have a session.

I gave my MFLB away after using it a short while. You hung in a long time.

Edit
For Europe, I see they sell the Solo at Vape World
Try some of FCs vendors

Last edited:

mecker

Any Arizer associates in Europe? Like Herb-nerd is for 7th Floor but for Arizer?

If I find a sweet deal for the Solo/Air I may jump the gun.
I like how you can replace the batteries on the Air but I also see many ppl saying they prefer their Solo to their Air (which is a bit confusing tbh).
I may be convinced to purchase a GonG (just to try water cooled vapor for the first time) if I find it for like 10 to 15 euros.

little maggie

If you can get a log vape that really would be the best. I had an MFLB with adaptor several years ago. I might have kept it if the UFO was out then. But the logs, other than less portability, are the simplest and strongest vapes I own- including the solo/air.

I don't know if the vaposhop (bottom of the page) has an FC discount but it does carry the air and solo if you want one of those.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
@nosmoking I can't find the firewood anywhere. I'm from Portugal and I wanna savemoney so it won't be easy to find some of the "rarer" vaps.

I hadn't considered any water cooled vapor but I may consider buying a simple GONG. I've got this bong.. can anybody tell if it's appropriate?

P.s.: Bong link ( http://www.smoketown-headshop.de/bilder/produkte/gross/30cm-Dude-Bong-im-Alukoffer_b2.jpg )
The Firewood 3 will attach directly to your bong. It will fog it decently as well. They do ship international and some members all ready have them that are abroad so if you ask in the Firewood thread you maybe able to get an idea of what to expect for customs charges. Below is a link to the FW3 website and thread:

http://firewoodvapes.com/
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/firewood-vaporizer.9306/page-89

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...i would add another solo recommendation...
the solo wasn't my first vape, i'm kind of glad it wasn't because i doubt i would have tried so many out before!
there is a reason why people compare other vapes with the solo.. ALONG WITH vapour flavour!

CarolKing

The Solo battery can be replaced by the owner. They sell Solo batteries through Arizer, FCer @CentiZen sells them I see that Planetvape does too. There is a video on FC showing how to do it. Do a search if interested.

My Solo battery is almost 2 years old and I still get an hour of use without needing to be charged.

The reason I like my Solo better than the Air is because I enjoy temp 390 and the AA doesn't have that temp. I feel AA is more harsh than the Solo. When using a regular stem I can only use the first 2 temps. I like using an extended mouthpiece with the AA but then it's not very stealth that way. The longer Vortex stem for my Solo makes the Air a much better unit for me, far as the harshness factor. What I think as harsh could be different for you.

What one vaporizer says is a certain temp it doesn't feel the same with a different vaporizer because of the air path.

I do compare other vaporizers to my Solo.

Edit
Doesn't Vapefiend sell the Solo from Europe?

Last edited:
Top Bottom