New VaporBros whiup kit w/ ceramic screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyser Soze

Kevin
Retailer
Thought I would pass this on to everyone...if it hasn't already been discussed or shown.

I realize the commercial is set up by vaporwarehouse, but im a consumer before a business man...and feel this is a great design and inovation. So, thought the community might benefit from the info...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttX7FarMdUI

Keyser Soze,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Looks like a great idea. Holes look very large though, wonder if a lot of material will get sucked through?

DeepFried,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I love the ceramic screens, easy cleaning and the silicone handle. I would get one for my ssv if it was available.

stickstones,

King Kong

those bowls look sweet, but i still wouldn't buy a VB just for a quick change bowl, i always wondered why they make u put the bowl in at a downward angle, haven't they ever heard of gravity?

King Kong,

max

Out to lunch
i always wondered why they make u put the bowl in at a downward angle
I posed that question to the Vaporwarez company way back, and the answer was that it was done because the lightweight box would be shoved around by the whip if the angle was horizontal. And that's really the only reason that makes sense. A better solution would be to make the box heavier. That's just what I got with my old Vaporlight-a nice horizontal angle with a heavy box. Of course making the box heavier means adding something for weight, so that's an added cost, and the shipping cost would go up too. So basically, it was a cheap way to keep the box in position. Most people choose to turn the box on its side or prop up the back, so it's a design feature that I've always hated.

Ceramic screen-no more metal. "This is huge", he says. Bullshit, I say. It's only huge because they want to sell many ceramic screens. I don't like the big holes either. A lot of fine ground herb could get through those holes.

max,

aero18

vaporist
max said:
Ceramic screen-no more metal. "This is huge", he says. Bullshit, I say. It's only huge because they want to sell many ceramic screens. I don't like the big holes either. A lot of fine ground herb could get through those holes.
I wouldn't think a lot of herb would go through the holes because of the heater angle. Also, if your grind is more course it shouldn't be a big deal.

aero18,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
aero18 said:
max said:
I wouldn't think a lot of herb would go through the holes because of the heater angle. Also, if your grind is more course it shouldn't be a big deal.
Don't forget you are sucking herb against the screen, so the angle won't matter with regard to material getting through.

stickstones,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
DeepFried said:
Holes look very large though, wonder if a lot of material will get sucked through?
Those holes look larger than the ones i drill in the end of the tubes i use which are 0.75mm in diameter. And, yes, material does get sucked through the 0.75mm holes. I don't grind when i load the vial, but after about 4 minutes, i stir the dried out bud in the vial, and that creates a lot of "fines", some small amount get sucked through the holes and coats the inside surface of the tube (whip).

So, yes, i would certainly think material will get sucked through.

Hippie Dickie,

Frickr

ive been looking at this whip, the biggest thing i like about it, is that on the hands free vb unit, you have the choice of using either end. so you can choose between hands free and standard. so 2 whips in one. on the websight, it states that placing a second ceramic screen in will help out, and you still can put in a metel screen if you wish. in january i was going to order a vb and this whip, i plan on getting a pack of metel screens just for that reason.

i dont have any problem with the heater angle, the pds bowls are straight up, and i dont have any problems with that. so i think its a non-issue. and for someone like me, who is not sure if i would perfer a hands free, or a standard whip, i think this will be a great investment to play with. it fits my price range, and fits in what im looking for. so if noone else has a hands on review before january i will post one up.

Frickr,

geist

I received one yesterday, and I'll give you a quick heads up. Two discs(I'm not going to call them screens) are not sufficient to keep material from getting through, however one disc and a 10mm screen behind it works perfectly.

I don't like that the tip is deeper then a standard HF whip, but since it's only been a day I want to play around a bit more before reporting back about the tip, as this could be a real issue for some people. Day one with the EZ whip, and I went from :D to :/ Hopefully with some experimenting that will change.

Side note: I'm not using a water pipe with this whip, just VB to me. Just wanted to mention that since my avatar shows a water pipe hooked to my VB. I also didn't try the non HF tip, but I will tonight.

geist,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Isn't the whole point of the ceramic disk to avoid having a metal based screen in the vapor path?

DeepFried,

geist

DeepFried said:
Isn't the whole point of the ceramic disk to avoid having a metal based screen in the vapor path?
Yep, that's why I was bummed when I had to use a mini screen. Today I moved the screen to the body section of the whip grip instead of behind the ceramic disc. Though, I have no idea how much heat actually reaches that area. I'll find a way to test it. I don't like how more herb you need because of the extra depth in the EZ Change whip tip. I'm not in a position to grow, so it's a concern.

This is how much material passed through one ceramic disc during last nights session. I'd say the ceramic disc needs to be redesigned.
notagoodscreen.jpg

I'll take a pic of how much material passes through 2 discs tomorrow. Then I'm done experimenting for a bit.

geist,

Frickr

DeepFried said:
it is, and as this is something still very new, i think there still could be room for innovation and refinement. the holes look to be about the consistancy i normally grind to, but its hard to judge over the internet. even if the ceramic screens arent that effective, it still is a cool idea to change screens. and i like th idea of the silicone to protect from burns. maybe vb will offer a smaller soloh-it end attachment so it could be a truely multifuntion wand. which would be appealing to people limited on space. instead of having to store 3 or so larger whips, just having the 3 interchangable ends and the one wand handle, would be alot more convenient on space.

while this is still new, i think vaporbrothers are on to something with this whip. while it may still have a few flaws, its up to us as the vapor community help to push the designes further, so that the technology keeps increasing.

Frickr,

Frickr

maybe you just need to build up a little honey on the screen and in the holes to shrink them up a bit :lol:

Frickr,

geist

I love VB, I've recommended them to many people. The whip tip and ceramic disc being re-worked would make for a much better product. IMHO

geist,

Frickr

i was going to order the vb with the eazychange wand in january. the big bowl isnt an issue for me, as this is what im buying the vape for :brow: i got my pd for every day smoking, but i think this will be nice for those nights when i realy want to medicate

Frickr,

KadsBaker

Dr of Vaporizing Arts
What up; I'm Kads. Nice to meet you :cool:

Just found this website by looking at the video referral links (Dec 14, 2009 - First referral from - www.fuckcombustion.com) for the video I just did regarding the EZ Change Whip. Wanted to stop by and say hello and thank you for bringing up concerns regarding the ceramic screens. I am fully aware of this and want to make a new video about it.

Thank you for calling my opinion bullshit. :(

Having no metal in the heat is a huge deal to me; I consider myself a connesuir and I like the final taste of the entire vaporizing process to taste as close to perfection as I can get it. Having metal screens taints the taste, in my opinion, and if a ceramic screen can help this; I am all for it. Also, I really enjoy having a screen I can clean. These are reasons that I like the screen, but these reasons, in no way, should warrant your suggestions for the screen invalid. I want to address these concerns with a new video and I very much enjoy the findings and experimentation done by geist. Thank you for your findings. The video will address these concerns and I would like to see your finding with a second screen. I will document my own findings and report them as well.

Also; let me say this: I do not work for Vapor Brothers. Selling ceramic screens is not my priority in life; I am purely a fan that admits that working for a company like that would be a dream come true, but as of right now I just have a ton of experience with the VB and try and lend a helping hand to those who are curious about my favorite vaporizer. With that being said, feel free to send questions or concerns regarding the screens: VB has taken notice of my videos before and as of right now I'm sure they want to know what people like and don't like about the new whips. Who knows; they might change the micron size of the screens if they need to. All I know is that there are 45 little holes which sweet vapor flows...

I have a Space Case Grinder and I find that I don't experience a whole lot of small herb particles coming through my ceramic screen. I only experience herb falling through it when I vape it down to the point it turns brown and loses it's water weight. At this point giving it a stir can break the herb up smaller and more can come through. This can be solved by either: adding a second ceramic screen at the end of the silicone grip or by vaping a few rounds until you build up a little vape honey on the screen.

Regarding my vape style: I rarely ever vape with just the whip alone. I use either a mini KAOS bong and a custom blown steamroller that hooks up to the whip. With these two methods my vape experience is never compromised by herb coming through the whip into my face. The new whip system fits my style of vaping perfectly and I couldn't be happier with it; however, I want to do what I can to help make your VB experience as nice as mine so feel free to drop me a line.

:peace:

KadsBaker,

Beezleb

Welcome to Fc.com Kads. Is their any plan to make these wands for other vaporizers? I really like your tincture video.

Your preferences in vaping match up really with the Vrip and Herborizer wand vapes.

Beezleb,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Welcome to the Jungle Kads, you'll love the FC forums. Peeked a few of your vids, and i did assume you had some sort of affiliation with VB. They must love you either way. Seem to have some experience i liked your green dragon video, will enjoy your insite in the future.

My first regular use vaporizer was a VB, and the same unit, is actually still here at the house. Hasn't been used in probably two years.

Kads, variety is the spice of life, peek the forums and see if anything tickles your fancy. My :2c:

IAmKrazy2,

spikyvape

Hi,

i like the idea from VB !

My Aromed has this for a couple years now it has a Boroglass foam pellet, it is designed to
vape (1ml) oils :brow:

schaumpellet.jpg

But Kads your vids turned me for a year to buy a VB, i liked the unit but what i didn't
like is the fact that the ceramic heater is hold by a silicone stopper (red one at the bottom
of the heater glass). Is this still used ?

Also because you are not working for them do you really thing that the heater is special designed
for them ? In my opininon it is just a hairstraightner ceramic heater with 2 cuttings at the top where
a ceramic cap is placed on ;)

But if they really 3d party checked it, and have the proof of safety than thumbs up for VB !!

Also with the EZ kit, i think the hot vapor air touches the silicone in the whip is this right ?

Not trying to drag VB through the mud because i really thing they have one of the best vapes
in that price range !! And maybe i will buy me a VB again for traveling ;)

Just update my critisisim ;)

Thnx ;)

spikyvape,

KadsBaker

Dr of Vaporizing Arts
Beezleb said:
Welcome to Fc.com Kads. Is their any plan to make these wands for other vaporizers? I really like your tincture video.
Thank you. And nopers; VB makes them and I'm pretty sure they are only gonna make them for their vape. :)

IAmKrazy2 said:
Welcome to the Jungle Kads, you'll love the FC forums. Peeked a few of your vids, and i did assume you had some sort of affiliation with VB. They must love you either way. Seem to have some experience i liked your green dragon video, will enjoy your insite in the future.
Thank you. I've met them at Seattle's Hempfest a couple times and they definitely know of Kads. Some of the coolest people I've met; very chill. I've been a 'head now for 5 going on 6 years...I know a couple thing :)

spikyvape said:
My Aromed has this for a couple years now it has a Boroglass foam pellet, it is designed to
vape (1ml) oils
You had me at Aromed...:brow:

spikyvape said:
But Kads your vids turned me for a year to buy a VB, i liked the unit but what i didn't
like is the fact that the ceramic heater is hold by a silicone stopper (red one at the bottom
of the heater glass). Is this still used ?
Yes, the silicone holder for the glass enclosure is still the high temperature custom silicone they make. It's the same high temp silicone that's used on the EZ change whip.

spikyvape said:
Also because you are not working for them do you really thing that the heater is special designed for them ? In my opininon it is just a hairstraightner ceramic heater with 2 cuttings at the top where a ceramic cap is placed on
Yes, I know for a fact their mineral heating element is built to their exact specifications and not an off the shelf part. This company definitely cares about the health benefits of their products and wouldn't use something that wasn't 3rd-party independent lab approved. And yes; they actually have their products lab approved to make sure that Zero toxins are emitted when using their product. This is one reason I stand behind their product; they show a level of caring that many other companies don't have.

spikyvape said:
Also with the EZ kit, i think the hot vapor air touches the silicone in the whip is this right ?
The hot air passes through the glass tip, past the ceramic screen, then past about a quarter inch of the high temperature silicone, then into the glass whip handle. So yes, a quarter inch passes through. This is high temperature silicone that is custom made with their direct specifications with users health in mind, not a random company that makes silicone products. What's your concern with silicone?

Alrighty..I've been up now for 19 hours. Been a long day. Need to get a good night's rest, for tomorrow there is work to be done...

Before I leave I wanted to share my custom blown steamroller hooked up to my VB. Enjoy.

steamsly.jpg

Peace vapor brothers and sistas. Sleeeeeeep...:ko:

KadsBaker,

spikyvape

Kads thanks for the info ;)

What i have with silicone ? don't know i don't like the idea of it in the vapor path but if it's ok
i trust you on that.

With the silicone on the bottom of the heater i don't mean the white silicone i mean the red
silicone stopper in the glass whats keeping the heater in place. This is red silicone and in direct
contact with the hot heater ;)

I have pictures of it somewhere

I had you on the aromed ?? you like it ?

But now go to sleep !! haha

spikyvape,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
welcome to the forum, kads...liked the video. Do you have experience with other vapes? If so, which ones?

stickstones,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
max said:
i always wondered why they make u put the bowl in at a downward angle
I posed that question to the Vaporwarez company way back, and the answer was that it was done because the lightweight box would be shoved around by the whip if the angle was horizontal. And that's really the only reason that makes sense. A better solution would be to make the box heavier. That's just what I got with my old Vaporlight-a nice horizontal angle with a heavy box. Of course making the box heavier means adding something for weight, so that's an added cost, and the shipping cost would go up too. So basically, it was a cheap way to keep the box in position. Most people choose to turn the box on its side or prop up the back, so it's a design feature that I've always hated.

I'm contemplating rigging up a pair of collapsible/expandable back end "feet" on my VB with rubber bottoms to assure that the unit holds in place on the surface that it rests on while allowing for the proper mating angle.

jeffp,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom