New vape

mark1988

Hello I am considering a new vaporizer. Iv been looking and looking and I keep coming back to the mighty. I'd like a portable vape. At the minute I have a boundless cfv which I never use anymore, dynavap, spirit by storm, dreamwood dlx and yocan torch think is the name. Most of mine are used with glass which is why I want a portable. I want to get a good reliable vape that hits hard. What else is along the same lines as the mighty which is hard hitting yet efficient that you guys would recommend. In the future I hope to get a cloud evo. I want something that does a better job than the cfv and Xmas starry rebrand spirit by storm

mark1988,

Vaporware

I don’t know why you’d think you needed a portable to use mostly with glass since a lot of desktops can or even must be used with glass, but maybe you haven’t seen them yet?

If not, check out things like the NewVape FlowerPot and the Herborizer. Along with the Evo, those are some of the best options for a hard hitting vape to use through glass.

Also check out @DDave ’s carbless glass adapters for your VapCap tip. They’re cheap and a lot of people like them and say they hit pretty hard. The Elev8r is another interesting option if you like torches.

There are a lot of great portables out there so I’m not trying to steer you away from them, but it sounds like a desktop would also work well for you and there are several options out there that should outperform any battery powered portable on raw power at a minimum.

mark1988

I don’t know why you’d think you needed a portable to use mostly with glass since a lot of desktops can or even must be used with glass, but maybe you haven’t seen them yet?

If not, check out things like the NewVape FlowerPot and the Herborizer. Along with the Evo, those are some of the best options for a hard hitting vape to use through glass.

Also check out @DDave ’s carbless glass adapters for your VapCap tip. They’re cheap and a lot of people like them and say they hit pretty hard. The Elev8r is another interesting option if you like torches.

There are a lot of great portables out there so I’m not trying to steer you away from them, but it sounds like a desktop would also work well for you and there are several options out there that should outperform any battery powered portable on raw power at a minimum.

Sorry maybe I haven't worded it clearly. The dynavap and dlx are used with glass, I'm looking to get an evo in the near future so it can be my main vaporizer in the house for use with glass. What I meant was because I have butane vapes already that can be used with glass in the mean time I would like a portable session vape to sit and enjoy and take my time over. That's why I am very tempted to invest in the mighty as I wish I had of gotten it instead of my boundless and xmass starry rebrand. I was just curious was there any other vapes that come close to the mighty or even beat it in terms of efficiency and reliability with the power I'm lacking in my other 2 portables

mark1988,

Vaporware

Sorry maybe I haven't worded it clearly. The dynavap and dlx are used with glass, I'm looking to get an evo in the near future so it can be my main vaporizer in the house for use with glass. What I meant was because I have butane vapes already that can be used with glass in the mean time I would like a portable session vape to sit and enjoy and take my time over. That's why I am very tempted to invest in the mighty as I wish I had of gotten it instead of my boundless and xmass starry rebrand. I was just curious was there any other vapes that come close to the mighty or even beat it in terms of efficiency and reliability with the power I'm lacking in my other 2 portables

Got it. I haven’t used a Mighty, but from what I’ve heard it’s a great choice for that. @ohmygodimsohigh from 420 Vape Zone has videos on it and I’m pretty sure it’s still his favorite portable at least, so if you want to hear from someone who loves it that’s worth checking out. :)

I’ve seen other reviewers who would rate it a bit lower, but I haven’t seen many people really knocking it except on materials (it’s mostly plastic) and the fact that there have only been minor updates to it over a long period of time.

I think a lot of us who have some interest in it would like to see a new version with some significant new innovations and...materials most of us prefer to plastic when given an option.

That said, if I weren’t in the middle of buying a Nomad I’d definitely be considering a Mighty too, despite my reservations. :)

Vaporware,

mark1988

There really is too much choice but I guess different strokes for different folks. I love butane vapes the most and want at least one desktop vape and session vape but want to get the best I can as they are alot dearer so I would like it to pack a punch yet be efficient and reliable as my main choices would be butane. For the price of butane vapes you could gather quite a collection for the same money as an evo and mighty for example.

mark1988,

AJS

Calm Consistency
I HIGHLY recommend the Solo 2, similar to the Mighty in terms of vapor quality/production I hear. I haven't used the Mighty but I absolutely LOVE my Solo 2.

Could also check out Splinter/Splinter Z/StemPod if you want on demand convection and absolutely massive rips.

AJS,

sickmanfraud

When did you get your CFV and how much did it cost?

There is a CFV upgrade to a Tera for $80 if you bought before a certain date and a certain price. Check out the @Boundless Vape Technology website for details.

Even if you don't qualify for the upgrade, a Tera is worth considering. Unlike the Mighty, the Tera has 2 18650 batteries that you can change in a few seconds.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: bossman

mark1988

Good evening sorry for the late reply long day at work. I went ahead and ordered the mighty with dosing capsules. I'm in the UK and got it for a good price new so took a chance as there is alot of positive feedback on it.

Keep looking at the ghost mv1 and it does look really good and appealing. Will keep watching and may be in the not so far future one will be purchased lol. Hopefully the mighty will keep me entertained for a while before I take a chance on the evo first lol

mark1988,
Reactions: Vaporware

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
The Tubo Evic, the fierce, or the Musa (a log)-or other logs depending on where they ship, sound like other options for you, should you choose to get something beyond the mighty down the line.

Vapeur Rogue,
Reactions: mark1988

Vaporware

The Ghost MV-1 is an interesting option, and I really considered buying one too. I wouldn’t say don’t buy it if you want to play with some different options, but with the amount of people who have had issues I’m probably going to wait for a new model and hope that they learn from their current issues and improve some things.

...of course if no one buys them there may not be a next model, so if they’ve got things under control a bit better it might be worth a shot. I hear they can be pretty nice!

Vaporware,

ginolicious

The Ghost MV-1 is an interesting option, and I really considered buying one too. I wouldn’t say don’t buy it if you want to play with some different options, but with the amount of people who have had issues I’m probably going to wait for a new model and hope that they learn from their current issues and improve some things.

...of course if no one buys them there may not be a next model, so if they’ve got things under control a bit better it might be worth a shot. I hear they can be pretty nice!

From what I gather a lot of the issues were resolved. And a new model did come out.

Vaporware

From what I gather a lot of the issues were resolved. And a new model did come out.

I meant like an MV-2 or something which I haven’t heard of so far, but if they’ve fixed some issues and made an updated version that’s great news! :)

Vaporware,

ejackyou

Hamilton
If You Need Portable, then I think Your Right On with the 'Mighty'
You may find a few down the road that are better in Some respect,
but I doubt You'll ever get rid of 'The Mighty'.
If You Need even Better?
I'd recommend either the Arizer 'Extreme Q' or the S&B 'Plenty'!
I believe these are all available in the UK?

ejackyou,

mark1988

If You Need Portable, then I think Your Right On with the 'Mighty'
You may find a few down the road that are better in Some respect,
but I doubt You'll ever get rid of 'The Mighty'.
If You Need even Better?
I'd recommend either the Arizer 'Extreme Q' or the S&B 'Plenty'!
I believe these are all available in the UK?

Thank you for your suggestions. More and more I read about the mighty I think I have made the right decision. There are lots to choose from. Just a pity it can get expensive trying to find what's right and wrong for your own personal tastes lol. Maybe that's part of the thrill. I almost ordered the elev8r after watching it's thread. It's still in my basket when the time is right lol. Have a good weekend

mark1988,

Alexis

Thank you for your suggestions. More and more I read about the mighty I think I have made the right decision. There are lots to choose from. Just a pity it can get expensive trying to find what's right and wrong for your own personal tastes lol. Maybe that's part of the thrill. I almost ordered the elev8r after watching it's thread. It's still in my basket when the time is right lol. Have a good weekend
When you do look into a desktop, I would personally strongly recommend the Herborizer Ti and Flowerpot over the EVO.
I just feel that the vast majority of users would rate and enjoy these models more than the EVO which they have surpassed IMO
Better flavour than the EVO, far far easier to use. More flexible regarding load size and hitting technique. The Ti has the best flavour of the 3. Both the Ti and FP extract better and faster than the EVO and hit noticeably harder from my observations.

The EVO is still a top top desktop. But if I wsa rich and I could use any vape I liked, I dont think I would buy an EVO. I found it quite awkward for me to use personally difficult holding it with my hands, and I also found it hard work draw and inhalation wise to extract the goods using both the Hydratube and my own bubblers.

Both the Herbo Ti and FP are a dream of easiness in comparison for me personally, from maneuvering the actual vape on and off the bowl, to how easy it is to actually hit and extract the actives without it seeming hard work or an enjoyable to the point where you get tired of it quickly and don't want to use the device anymore. Plus loading, unloading, stirring/inspecting load as you go along is a pleasure. The EVO is also a lot more awkward/less flexible here with the enclosed, sealed ELB's.

That is how I was kind of feeling with the Evo even though it is still very good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom